Forum › Black & White discussion

Pity
joined Jan 11, 2014

To be honest this is a great ending for me. One of the best karmic justice. To win the game is to not play the game, Junko will now have to continue to climb that corporate ladder of hell with no real meaningful connections in her life for the rest of her life. Whatever she coulda had with Kayo is completely out of the window because Kayo found her true love. The woman she loves has her own company and they're both successful and intelligent women so I have no doubt they will have an abundance of wealth.
Kayo won with a slam dunk! I really thought the series was gonna spin Kayo and Junko together in the earlier chapters, this was a bit of a plot twist for me.

joined Dec 17, 2021

I have to say that, while this is a fitting ending, I'm kinda disappointed in the way the story shifted around chapter 12 or so to get us there. What I mean by that is, it felt like Kayo stopped being an active participant in the story when she started dating Satomi-san, most of what she did was react (or not) when Junko confronted her, go be worried with Satomi-san about her evaluation and finish that sale Satomi-san had been handling. For the most part, the focus was on Junko and her creepy faces.Ironically, the rape scene was a bright spot in the story because Kayo was able to throw some verbal jabs at Junko.

Also, unrelated to everything I just wrote, could someone explain to me why Junko got back in contact with Hashimoto in the first place? She was initially confused about Kayo moving next door without her being aware this was happening, which led to Hashimoto for some reason, but then Junko said she wasn't going to bother with Hashimoto anymore because Kayo wasn't planning on using her in one of her schemes, which brings me back to the original question, why did she got in contact with her?

Bingbong
joined Mar 1, 2022

im glad kayo got her happiness in the end. i feel bad for yoshiko, she should've found someone who really cared for her.

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

Those last couple of pages were terrific.

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

What delicious karmic justice. Everyone got what they wanted and what they deserved. Kayo (and by extension Satomi) took a fall only to come out on top and be content in their new environment. Meanwhile Junko and Hashimoto got exactly what they wanted but found their desires and themselves hollow in the end.

And that's the thing with Hashimoto, yea she was a sweetheart who deserved to be with someone who truly cared about her for most of the series. But in the end when push came to shove and Junko's manipulative nature revealed itself to her she could've walked away from her, even if it meant transferring or changing jobs so Junko can't blackmail her.
And what did she do? She decided to give into her desire, to have Junko, even if it meant "playing the game", being a pawn. She made her bed and now has to lie in it, figuratively and literally, just like Junko has. Beautiful~

Yuibless
joined Jan 30, 2017

YES! I'm very satisfied with this ending, Kayo got a happy fulfilling life with Satomi, while Shirakawa gets the karma she deserves.

(I guess Hashimoto deserved better, but she had a chance to walk away and didn't take it).

last edited at Dec 24, 2023 2:47AM

joined May 10, 2021

Feels like the ending was a bit underwhelming, but still quite satisfying.
Kayo & Satomi are doing very well, and probably still being all lovey-dovey (I really want an extra of those two).
Junko's finally got her hollow victory, and was made a company's pawn thanks to Hashimoto's move.
I'm kinda sad for Hashimoto, but at least she's not just Junko's little bitch lmao.
Thanks for translating this serie!

Kohaku%20avatar%20500px
joined Jul 10, 2016

This ending might have been a little rushed, but it still worked out pretty well, all things considered.

Also a good reminder of the dangers of white chicks.

joined May 29, 2021

I feel like Kayo’s “victory” is a little undercut by how much it involves nepotism. Even if she genuinely loves Satomi, just having a rich sugar mommy give you the win because you’re sleeping with her feels a little cheap from a story perspective. It would be like suddenly winning a huge lottery so you don’t have to work anymore. Anyone could win at life if a rich person in a powerful position suddenly fell in love with you and started giving you treats.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

The emptiest of victories, and we can clearly see who is living the happier life now.

Tsuki-chan Uploader
Unknown
Chads no Teikoku
joined Dec 18, 2013

Loved the final. I think it was perfect. I feel a bit sorry for Hashimoto tho.

Also, unrelated to everything I just wrote, could someone explain to me why Junko got back in contact with Hashimoto in the first place? She was initially confused about Kayo moving next door without her being aware this was happening, which led to Hashimoto for some reason, but then Junko said she wasn't going to bother with Hashimoto anymore because Kayo wasn't planning on using her in one of her schemes, which brings me back to the original question, why did she got in contact with her?

She got back in contact because:
- she could exploit her
- Hashimoto got back to her

I feel like Kayo’s “victory” is a little undercut by how much it involves nepotism. Even if she genuinely loves Satomi, just having a rich sugar mommy give you the win because you’re sleeping with her feels a little cheap from a story perspective. It would be like suddenly winning a huge lottery so you don’t have to work anymore. Anyone could win at life if a rich person in a powerful position suddenly fell in love with you and started giving you treats.

I mean, really? It's not about having a sugar mommy. Kayo has always been a super top employee. If she wanted, she could find a job at any company (apart from maybe the bad record she was given unfairily), but Satomi knew both what she was capable of and her situation. She explains her win in life is not given by weath at all (actually, she has a lower-status job now), but by getting out of that crazy workplace.

last edited at Dec 24, 2023 4:42AM

joined Feb 22, 2023

imagine being surrounded by endless negativity and false attitudes and the one person you had measured yourself against just moves on to a better life

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

You cannot win a rat race, so Kayo didn't win, nor did she "escape". She came very close to losing, but then instead transcended it altogether. Escaping means you leave things behind, but Kayo has experienced everything the bank job had to offer her, looked at the one positive thing that it had (meeting Satomi) and said to herself: "I want to build a life around that." And she did, because she is a go-getter.

As much as this last chapter has been focusing on Junko, the second half of the story is really about Kayo abandoning her Want to pursue what she Needs (while Junko doesn't even get so far as realizing that her Need is different from what she Wants).

I mean, really? It's not about having a sugar mommy. Kayo has always been a super top employee. If she wanted, she could find a job at any company (apart from maybe the bad record she was given unfairily), but Satomi knew both what she was capable of and her situation. She explains her win in life is not given by weath at all (actually, she has a lower-status job now), but by getting out of that crazy workplace.

I think there is also this page to consider: what Kayo is saying here is that life isn't just about who is topping (a.k.a. being the sugar mommy) and who is the bottom, nor just about what you do or don't deserve. It's also about being in the moment with the people you love and who love you for no other reason than they like you. Satomi and Kayo love each other -- will that complicate their professional relationship? Probably. But as long as they see the bigger picture, they will find a way to make it work. That is the whole point of Kayo's character arc.

last edited at Dec 24, 2023 5:42AM

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

For all the punchiness of the early chapters that felt a bit too calmly "realistic" to me, as an ending.
Either way, was a fun series.

ArtemisOnVtubers
joined Dec 16, 2021

Healtht relationship win and now Junko only had darkness

D40f4d2~01-min
joined Jul 22, 2023

Many thanks to Gouma for this splendid Christmas gift of a conclusion!

9286787ab50153acb27cd03b385edb3d949d719e0b569799723637ee189d1f4b_1-1
joined Aug 14, 2020

The best way I could describe this ending would be "Ballin, but at what cost."

LilyScentedBubbleBath
Img_20200913_125333_706
joined Sep 15, 2020

The best way I could describe this ending would be "Ballin, but at what cost."

This is so real.
And MAN was that a trip to read. I like the ending, surprisingly. Weirdly enough I feel bad for Junko but I think that's just a me a thing in which I hate to see people in bad situations. BUT EY, SHE HAD IT COMING AMIRITE? I hope Sal comes out with something just a tad bit sweeter after this, or I'll just mentally prepare myself for another heart wrenching, soul crushing, story. ^_^

joined May 3, 2014

oh my god people give me a bloody break! what part of the corpo ladder looks like an honor to be had? talking as if getting hired in a position you deserve is nepotism LOOL give me a break! Kayo deserves it and is competent and fit for the job! so way in bloody effing hell won’t she get the job? if she can avoid the shity schemes of the disgusting employs that only look to torn you apparat in an sadistic way, AND finally realizing she can have an better and more fulfilling life that an corpo position WAY are you pretending that ain’t worth it?

joined May 3, 2014

I love this ending. Junko won! The "villainess" won. But it's the definition of a hollow victory. Kayo found a different game to play, one that she's much happier playing, one that simply matters more, while Junko is stuck on the corporate grind.

The spread of Kayo walking away from Junko is fantastic. Kayo walking towards the flowers, nature, in harmony with herself and her environment. Junko being left in the dark, under the bridge, in the constructions and schemes of the career she's chosen. Junko got everything she wanted, yet Kayo is still happier. It's the perfect comeuppance.

yoo i did notice the darkness vs Light but didn’t notice the flowers and nature being in harmony with yourself plus light is warm vs the bridge were is dark and cold as concret is an an selfmade hell too! were the only people there are the ones that can backstab you at any time

joined May 3, 2014

For for thous that think Junko “won” or that she is not aware of her delusion of what actually she “won”

the last 3 pages shows she is doubting she “won” by not smiling at all when the people in the darkness offers her the hand to join then, it kinda indicates she is slowly realizing she didn’t actually “win”, while Junko takes that hand and joins the others into the darkness and her character completely disappeared in the darkness it does not foreshadow an good ending for Junko down this path she chose XD

last edited at Dec 24, 2023 1:43PM

joined Dec 17, 2021

For for thous that think Junko “won” or that she is not aware of her delusion of what actually she “won”

the last 3 pages shows she is doubting she “won” by not smiling at all when the people in the darkness offers her the hand to join then, it kinda indicates she is slowly realizing she didn’t actually “win”, while Junko takes that hand and joins the others into the darkness and her character completely disappeared in the darkness it does not foreshadow an good ending for Junko down this path she chose XD

I think pretty much all the comments for the last chapter have talked about how Junko got what she deserved, and that she lost and that Kayo is the one who won anything because she is free while Junko has to deal from now on with a bunch of backstabbers.

I haven't seen anyone saying Junko won.

Delinquint%20yuri
joined Sep 14, 2016

I liked both the first half of this manga and the second half of this manga. They were good in their own way. The problem is that nobody warned us about the sudden transition into an entirely different kind of manga and that left me quite confused

Cut%20out%20avater
joined May 25, 2023

I liked both the first half of this manga and the second half of this manga. They were good in their own way. The problem is that nobody warned us about the sudden transition into an entirely different kind of manga and that left me quite confused

yeah, I feel the same. its basicly violent hatesex, then 2 volumes drama

joined Feb 20, 2023

Junko realizing how hallow her victory was while Kayo lives a happy life was great karmedic ending. I'd be interested in a sequel where Junko finally learns from her mistakes the way its implied Satomi did in the past

To reply you must either login or sign up.