Forum › Doorbell and Idol discussion

Sasasasasaas
joined Aug 31, 2020

Ayo how come does this story escaped my Yuri radar for a flipping 13 days

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

It was uploaded here today but released elsewhere 13 days ago, that's all.

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

CUTE

joined May 3, 2014

that was really cute story :3

142220480_1294910914226700_370792848566403998_n%20(2)
joined Feb 3, 2021

manifesting this for me and my celeb crush amen

Patreon_post_image-42_50_1_50
joined Sep 10, 2022

So wonderful. Who doesn't like a hard worker? Really loved noticing how they were both dressing up for each other. The chapter didn't need to say that they were doing it, since you could tell Micchu was increasingly extravagant as time went by.

last edited at Sep 29, 2023 4:01PM

Img_5033%204
joined Jan 18, 2021

What an absolutely wonderful story. The way they kept making themselves prettier and prettier for the other was magic. I think conveying chemistry between two people, especially increasing chemistry, is really hard in a comic. This story just nailed it.

Dont%20ruin%20your%20life%20stardom
joined Apr 21, 2020

I couldn't find this romantic at all. Devoting all of your energy to obtain literal seconds of contact at a door frame with a stranger sure is a perfect metaphor for parasocial relationships.

Bard_smol
joined Jun 12, 2021

I couldn't find this romantic at all. Devoting all of your energy to obtain literal seconds of contact at a door frame with a stranger sure is a perfect metaphor for parasocial relationships.

Yup. I get that the author was going for a mutual attraction story, but if someone were to describe this oneshot without showing the art, it would seem super weird.

joined Oct 12, 2017

I think the transition from fantasy to reality is very subtly conveyed in a way I can get behind. We definitely start parasocial, but when she starts becoming dissatisfied with the fantasty and more interested in and curious about the real person she's delivering to... ionno. That the ex-idol is dressing up for her as an idol and isn't showing up as honestly as she was at the start is honestly coming across as more parasocial to me - because she's recreating the environment that they started in believing that's what the delivery girl really wants from her.

Ionno y'all I thought it was cute. It's a shame it's a oneshot. I kinda feel like you could easily write a whole story about this kind of thing.

joined Jul 8, 2019

Nice one-shot that has actual closure even if it allows for more story to be told.

D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

I think the transition from fantasy to reality is very subtly conveyed in a way I can get behind. We definitely start parasocial, but when she starts becoming dissatisfied with the fantasty and more interested in and curious about the real person she's delivering to... ionno. That the ex-idol is dressing up for her as an idol and isn't showing up as honestly as she was at the start is honestly coming across as more parasocial to me - because she's recreating the environment that they started in believing that's what the delivery girl really wants from her.

Ionno y'all I thought it was cute. It's a shame it's a oneshot. I kinda feel like you could easily write a whole story about this kind of thing.

I agree with you there, it feels like they were both somewhat conscious about walking the line of parasocial vs seeing the human behind the role. when the delivery girl says "i love the micchu that keeps secrets, but i want to know more about saotome-san" its absolutely intentional that she uses her idol vs real name. And i think it represents a step beyond the parasocial, and sets the stage for them meeting irl as equals. Even if the way they got there was kinda rocky.

And They Were Roommates
E3fwhq4xeagjxjd
joined Apr 17, 2023

Ok no no no I need more and I'm so serious, I want to see how their relationship develops from idol and fan to actual intimate partners that's not totally creepy.
Would love if it could also delve more into that whole subject of what happens to idols once they're no longer in the spotlight, and how they carry on with their every day lives.
Gosh do I love adult life yuri that's realistic, I'm glad she technically didn't break the rules to go stalk her, and took time off work when she got injured and let the relationship flow naturally, I don't feel like a lot of authors would've done that.
This story for some reason reminds me of that other one with a delivery driver also finding love, I feel like that could be a sub genre within itself.

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Apr 19, 2012

I agree with you there, it feels like they were both somewhat conscious about walking the line of parasocial vs seeing the human behind the role. when the delivery girl says "i love the micchu that keeps secrets, but i want to know more about saotome-san" its absolutely intentional that she uses her idol vs real name. And i think it represents a step beyond the parasocial, and sets the stage for them meeting irl as equals. Even if the way they got there was kinda rocky.

this! I used to think the way people chased after idols/celebrities was kinda weird, but then I accidentally fell into it myself briefly. So i now completely understand this kind of interesting mutually beneficial situation where it's definitely parasocial, but within reasonable boundaries, is actually a very sweet one. The transition here from fantasy to reality as said was done very well!

also the progressively dressing up for each other was so damn cute

edit: the ending was too short! i would love to see a small sequel of their life together someday.

last edited at Sep 30, 2023 1:34AM

Patreon_post_image-42_50_1_50
joined Sep 10, 2022

Ok no no no I need more and I'm so serious, I want to see how their relationship develops from idol and fan to actual intimate partners...
Would love if it could also delve more into that whole subject of what happens to idols once they're no longer in the spotlight, and how they carry on with their every day.

If you aren't already, you should read "Maitsuki, Niwatsuki, Ooyatsuki" then. That's basically this kind of premise but carried out more and still running.

Thanks for pointing those details out! I thought about doing so too but didn't want to get into it. Also parasocial is a type of relationship. It can be healthy or unhealthy. I don't think either of them exhibited unhealthy behaviour here, so just labeling it parasocial doesn't make it wrong. Really love them getting to know each other on a personal level after so much time. Agree on the sequel request!

last edited at Sep 30, 2023 6:21AM

%607%25nrn[hykk%60fj5]8~1l5%7b1
joined Jul 14, 2021

But I think it's a quite sweet story in which the two of people increasing their attention to each other in the dayly life.lol. >-<

joined Apr 16, 2022

Yup. I get that the author was going for a mutual attraction story, but if someone were to describe this oneshot without showing the art, it would seem super weird.

While I sort of get your point, describing a manga without showing the art is like describing a book using charades. Comics are a visual medium; the art is extremely important!

welease.wodger
joined Oct 2, 2021

Damn! that's one mother fcukin heavy golf bag to break delivery girl chan's leg

3919b0ebcc3a6fc40ac6e6768ad2d3c2
joined Sep 6, 2023

so sweet! ;_; <3 I really want to read the other stories from this anthology now! adult woman yuri just hits different sometimes

joined Oct 10, 2016

Usually I skip idol stories but yup, this was just too cute.

Y5
joined Jul 23, 2020

reminds me so much of this and there's really something cute about women longing for their adorable delivery girls.

also, for them trying to look good for each other as the time went by, such sapphic behavior i must say.

And They Were Roommates
E3fwhq4xeagjxjd
joined Apr 17, 2023

reminds me so much of this and there's really something cute about women longing for their adorable delivery girls.

thank you for the recommendation this is exactly what I was saying when I wanted to see more stories featuring delivery women, like this one

joined Jul 6, 2023

thank you for the recommendation this is exactly what I was saying when I wanted to see more stories featuring delivery women, like this one

By Ohsawa Yayoi? Definitely reading it!

Tumblr_o8cv0mqz201vw9rjuo1_1280
joined Sep 21, 2016

Usually I skip idol stories but yup, this was just too cute.

Same. I normally hate them but this was straight fire all the way through. LOVED IT.

Absolute-territory-2.jpg
joined Mar 4, 2018

Little did she know she was the package to be delivered.

To reply you must either login or sign up.