Forum › Liar Satsuki Can See Death discussion

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Chapter 70 is not yet up on Dynasty as I am typing this, so I'll just use a spoiler tag... Welp, it seems like the plot wants to paint Seo as this Keikaku Doori-type villain who hid her true intentions even in her inner monologue, but I am not really buying it so far. Also, no sympathy for President Blockhead, he got what was coming for him.

Img_20201116_114246_2-min_50-min%20(1)
joined Oct 14, 2014

... Is there a week delay between MD uploads and DS uploads (on this series) and I just never noticed? LOL

last edited at Sep 10, 2023 8:43PM

joined Jun 3, 2014

Chapter 70 still hasn't been uploaded here??? That's weird but whatever

Chapter 71 spoilers
Man, I wish Satsuki punched her out instead of slapping her, it would've been been so much more satisfying.

joined Oct 14, 2014

I don't get it. That's kind of ridiculous?

Yuu%20koito%203
joined Feb 8, 2022

holy sht im all caught up now QAQ what a cliffhanger omg

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Chapter 71 spoilers
Man, I wish Satsuki punched her out instead of slapping her, it would've been been so much more satisfying.

Yup, the psycho deserved much worse than a slap. A few missing front teeth wouldn't kill her, is all I am saying.

last edited at Sep 23, 2023 5:04PM

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

Chapter 71 spoilers

Yup, the asshole deserved much worse than a slap. A few missing front teeth wouldn't kill her, is all I am saying.

Interesting thing worth pointing out the parallel between this in ch.71 and the slap her dad gave the mother in ch.15. Like father, like daughter~

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

What. Boxcutters aren't meant for stabbing, you'd barely do any damage from that. And gut wounds are notorious for taking ages to kill. That's possibly the least effective way to try to murder someone

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

I do like that Seocchi is essentially going "yeah I fucking tried you know, and turns out being a goody two shoes doesn't matter if Prez still wants me dead. So I'll show him, hell I'll show everyone just how evil I can be"

It makes her heel turn fun, and like yeah, if you try you damnedest and then the idiot arbiter decides you have to die anyway. Then redemption isn't going to save you so you might as well send everyone to hell with you.

joined Sep 23, 2022

Why this is yuri if it's not yuri

joined Oct 14, 2014

I think Ryouko-sensei's next manga should be a high concept battle manga. Think, like, an even more unhinged Umineko. Some of these action panels are crazy

Midnightgunner
Gt00pn-odpc
joined Sep 30, 2017

And that's why I have serious beef against the All-saving Hero troupe. It comes a moment you save someone who doesn't deserve saving and all hell breaks loose. Glad to see this story adressing that. Don't recall this happening often in fiction I've consumed.

last edited at Oct 5, 2023 8:11AM

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

What. Boxcutters aren't meant for stabbing, you'd barely do any damage from that. And gut wounds are notorious for taking ages to kill. That's possibly the least effective way to try to murder someone

You have a point on the box-cutters, but as for the gut wound, I am pretty sure she wanted the Prez and the Vice-Prez to suffer for a while first.

Smallerowl2jpg
joined May 5, 2020

I do like that Seocchi is essentially going "yeah I fucking tried you know, and turns out being a goody two shoes doesn't matter if Prez still wants me dead. So I'll show him, hell I'll show everyone just how evil I can be"

It makes her heel turn fun, and like yeah, if you try you damnedest and then the idiot arbiter decides you have to die anyway. Then redemption isn't going to save you so you might as well send everyone to hell with you.

"If I can't fight fate, I may as well spit in its face as I go down."

Sometimes all the good intentions in the world can't stop that world from using you as its punch line. May as well give in and let the ride take you where it will at that point. Prez is still a creepy scumbag, and he's actually still more a villain in this than Seo is as far as I'm concerned. I sympathize a lot more with her than I do him, certainly. Dunno if that's gonna be an unpopular opinion or not. I have a feeling it's mostly determined by how much each reader personally relates to her mentality here.

joined Sep 28, 2022

"If I can't fight fate, I may as well spit in its face as I go down."

Sometimes all the good intentions in the world can't stop that world from using you as its punch line. May as well give in and let the ride take you where it will at that point. Prez is still a creepy scumbag, and he's actually still more a villain in this than Seo is as far as I'm concerned. I sympathize a lot more with her than I do him, certainly. Dunno if that's gonna be an unpopular opinion or not. I have a feeling it's mostly determined by how much each reader personally relates to her mentality here.

both are very bad I think and not mutually exclusive

if she was only after prez I could maybe see some argument but blowing up a room full of people for no reason besides nihilism absolutely is way beyond the pale imo

CindertailtheKistune
Tumblr_830a85052a1b34481fa368bf50ca9fc5_de74d4e4_500
joined Oct 19, 2021

Wow, okay, that happened.

Couple_under_the_stars
joined Nov 7, 2022

Is the story trying to make me dislike Seo and feel bad for asshole king and queen ? lol nope

You go girl, this guy had it coming.

last edited at Oct 5, 2023 12:14PM

Gt00pn-odpc
joined Sep 30, 2017

Is the story trying to make me dislike Seo and feel bad for asshole king and queen ? lol nope

You go girl, this guy had it coming.

Yeah, the problem here is that she is not only trying to kill the Prez. She is trying to blow up a classroom full of innocents. Satsuki must realize that saving her was a mistake.

20221231_135046
joined Dec 1, 2022

honestly, at this point she just snapped. She was thinking of turning a new leaf and the self-righteous prick pushed her to the point she complete went off the rails. I sort of understand where she is coming from.

But what is more interesting is that Komachi is an accomplice. We are finally getting why she's so weird

08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

I liked the "to hell with this, I'll be really evil" thing, I can understand it with my mind. Komachi, that one is the only one I find actually scary/creepy here, from the beginning.

Fihtlipucaaqy_l
joined Sep 30, 2023

Hilarious lol. Really earning the comedy tag with these last few chapters. I'm interested in finally seeing more about Komachi though, so that'll be fun.

Tumblr_inline_nmpg2zqwcs1s53ljo_100
joined Apr 4, 2014

Well well well how the turntables. This manga is turning out to be pretty interesting. Knowing that someone will die and not doing anything about and even witnessing it, is almost the same as killing them. If someone did to me what the prez did to Seo then I would want to kill them too. Like who are they to play god. People can also change too.

However looking at it from the prez's view, Satsuki is just an annoyance who gets in the way of people getting what they might deserve....it's a clash of extremes where there is no winner if one side overpowers the other.

I do hope Satsuki saves the class though, even if Seo was bullied, she shouldn't take out the entire class. But I really wanna see Komachis pov, maybe the whole thing was her idea and Seo is going along with it.

joined Apr 10, 2023

It doesn't really make any sense for Seo to have anything to do with the classroom, since she was "trying to be good" right up until the Prez tried to kill her. That seems to be entirely Komachi for some reason?? idk this all feels convoluted and unnecessarily dramatic right now.

joined Mar 25, 2019

October 18th??? Wake me up in 2 weeks

joined Mar 25, 2019

Hilarious lol. Really earning the comedy tag with these last few chapters. I'm interested in finally seeing more about Komachi though, so that'll be fun.

This series abandoned logic since ch 1, she jumped off a roof to perfectly hit a falling billboard and was mostly unscathed. It's always been Conan tier shenanigans. It's all about the drama and the yuri baby.

To reply you must either login or sign up.