Forum › Kimi to Kanojo to Watashi no Hanashi discussion

Weeb Depression
joined Sep 12, 2021

I don't get the story. Can someone tell me how Miki-chan didn't realize that wasn't her childhood friend? Like the MC was black-haired, her childhood friend was not??

I think it's because Miki didn't care about her childhood friend. That line about focusing on the future rather than the past really hits different after you finish the story. At first I thought it was romantic. Now it feels...painful. Miki willingly threw out her old photos. I thought that was going to be explained by a flashback of childhood angst but it wasn't. Miki also didn't know that her childhood friend liked her, said friend wasn't willing to confront her up until she died. So all in all, I don't think the childhood friend meant as much to Miki as Miki did to the mc or the friend herself. And because Miki didn't care, she let herself get fooled.
Another reason why she was fooled, the mc was a good actor. I can't tell whether the mc legitimately thought she was worthy of the childhood best friend role, or if she was purposefully trying to distract Miki from her lies by making her think her memory was wrong. But either way, it was effective. Especially considering the Miki didn't really care about her childhood friend.

Fb_img_1479131434796
joined Oct 6, 2014

Ah I love stories like this. Very nice pacing and I was dreading that twist as the author built up to it so the payoff was huge when we got to that scene.

Download
joined Aug 20, 2022

Murasakino-san's works are mostly not-so-simple type. I like this. The way the story give hints that this is not gonna be ok beneath the fluffy scenes is masterpiece. Need to admitted that I really love the art style so my moral is kinda...went with it, lol.

R.I.P childhood friend.

Rx_5_50
joined May 3, 2016

First 4 comments…

“That’s f’ed up”
“Bruh”
“That’s f’ed up”
“Bruh”

Rx_5_50
joined May 3, 2016

Everyone’s not your friend.

I need an afterlife sequel.

Rx_5_50
joined May 3, 2016

Excellent scheming with a juicy reward. The dark-haired girl sure is a go-getter.

I'd call this a cuckoo romance, with an egg literally pushed off the nest to make some room for the brood parasite.

The kind of person who’s probably tried this in real life and shouldn’t be apart of society.

To reply you must either login or sign up.