Forum › Ayaka is in Love with Hiroko! discussion

Altair Uploader
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

There's a yuri about that. It's called She Drives Me Crazy. Emphasis on the car pun and that scene. It's not bad, as far as YA novels go.

Also still a Hiroko fan through and through, not sure why other readers don't like her. Maybe they just haven't had full time jobs yet?

last edited at Jun 23, 2023 3:39PM

herenowforever
Singeraigenerated
joined Feb 11, 2018

Ayaka is being very inconsiderate and pushy. Public confessions are kind of awful because they put societal pressure onto the receiver and involve bystanders in drama.
She could come out by herself to prove her point but now rumours are going to affect Hiroko, so she went and landed her in the hot water.
Besides, does she think that Ayaka would immediately get together with her if her baggage was gotten rid of? We know that yes, that is probably the case, but for her it is not certain.

yeah I agree to be honest... I'm not sure I like this development, it's so over the top... I hope it backfires lol...

People should not like or dislike developments, for most part, as long as it is contextually correct. If it fits the character, no matter how crazy or gross, it's good. If it doesn't fit the character, then there has to be a really good in-story reason for it.

I think this is just really fitting for Ayaka's personality. Ayaka is exactly that impulsive, brash go-getter girl who goes for what she wants deep inside, damn the personal consequences. If you really wanted to analyze her a bit like she was a "real person", she'd be one of those numerous people with mild undiagnosed ADHD. She has tons of character cues like that, starting from the way her apartment looks like, how she's either detached or in manic or panic mode all the time, or how she's hyper-focused on Hiroko, even beyond a typical crush.

last edited at Jun 23, 2023 4:23PM

Dynasty Reader
joined Sep 7, 2021

I am gonna get heat for this, but I don't think Hiroko should be obligated to change her stance just because Ayaka has come out to the whole office about it. I think she will though, due to the nature of the story, but if she didn't, I wouldn't blame her.

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

Hahahahaha!!!! Miss subtle strikes again!
We can talk about the characters' backstory, we can talk about who's doing the right or wrong thing, but this is still a comedy to me.

Fowgib%20me%20(2)
joined Nov 28, 2021

I'm just here looking at Risa's massive W for asserting dominance over her superior.

Lojsdbe
joined Sep 16, 2019

Wow, I thought Ayaka would declare she was a lesbian, that I think would had been hmm more appropriate, but to involve Hiroko too, it feels like sort of a public outing other people..not cool. I'd never talk to her again

This isn’t an outing, though? The only thing it tells people is that 1) Ayaka is a lesbian (a public coming out), and 2) Ayaka in in love with Hiroko (a public confession). It kinda puts Hiroko on the spot, sure, but the only way it outs her is if she accepts the confession and effectively outs herself. If she doesn’t, people are just going to think of Hiroko as the target of some other girl’s affection. The only person being publicly outed here is Ayaka.

Ezgif.com-gif-maker%20(1)
joined Jun 6, 2020

I could see that, yeah; though, she didn't really out Hiroko here. She only confessed her crush, and Hiroko still has an out of she wants it. People crush on their senpai's all the time. So this was basically that declaration of her being a lesbian that you mentioned, but with some added Ayaka flair.

Still it feels weird. Like there's power if her and Risa both came out to be like 'See, Hiroko, there's nothing to be scared of :D'

23519190_1784036034940610_3865802561690641399_n
joined Oct 4, 2016

Wow, I thought Ayaka would declare she was a lesbian, that I think would had been hmm more appropriate, but to involve Hiroko too, it feels like sort of a public outing other people..not cool. I'd never talk to her again

This isn’t an outing, though? The only thing it tells people is that 1) Ayaka is a lesbian (a public coming out), and 2) Ayaka in in love with Hiroko (a public confession). It kinda puts Hiroko on the spot, sure, but the only way it outs her is if she accepts the confession and effectively outs herself. If she doesn’t, people are just going to think of Hiroko as the target of some other girl’s affection. The only person being publicly outed here is Ayaka.

On the other hand, it is sure setting Ayaka up for some very public rejection.

Tumblr_3d1efdc4f3fb1ee16acd2f13f08afe0c_1e0d545a_12802
joined Mar 8, 2014

Ayaka is being very inconsiderate and pushy. Public confessions are kind of awful because they put societal pressure onto the receiver and involve bystanders in drama.
She could come out by herself to prove her point but now rumours are going to affect Hiroko, so she went and landed her in the hot water.
Besides, does she think that Ayaka would immediately get together with her if her baggage was gotten rid of? We know that yes, that is probably the case, but for her it is not certain.

yeah I agree to be honest... I'm not sure I like this development, it's so over the top... I hope it backfires lol...

People should not like or dislike developments, for most part, as long as it is contextually correct. If it fits the character, no matter how crazy or gross, it's good. If it doesn't fit the character, then there has to be a really good in-story reason for it.

I was hoping Ayaka could get some character development out of the rejection but maybe this will be her wake up call... lol. Everyone hating on Hiroko and I'm here bashing Ayaka XD I mean she's cute and all but sometimes she's totally tone deaf.

Patreon_post_image-42_50_1_50
joined Sep 10, 2022

On the other hand, it is sure setting Ayaka up for some very public rejection.

I predict that'll roll off her shoulders since (after the bar) she now knows for sure that Hiroko likes her and will only "reject her" to save face. She's basically stress testing Hiroko's limits at this point lol.

KatzeDerNacht
08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

Well no, she isn't outing Hiroko, I just meant if I was to yell at the world/company that I was a lesbian, which has kinda happened, I'd not mention the other part not to make her uncomfortable, especially knowing how she feels about the closet. I kinda like the go-getter attitude, but I don't see how Hiroko would be like "ok Ayi, let us date now, it's all out there, we can be lovey dovey" ,that'd be fun to watch tho.

Valkiria2
joined Jul 13, 2020

Just some night cry talking with a cool mama-san and some boob's contact was enought to repair Risa. Hope she's fine now.
Can't tell if Ayaka's very brave or very stupid, but I can't deny that she really has guts.

last edited at Jun 23, 2023 6:34PM

Win%202
joined Nov 12, 2020

People be saying Ayaka made the wrong move...YOU'RE ALL WRONG!

Knowing that the rumours started by the bastard back then are what lead to an uncomfortable position,it's now time to smash all that gossip crap once and for all.

Seize the means of lesbian love loudly and proudly!,let there be no hesitation,let there be no misunderstandings,and let there be no one else to get in your way!

Why let society stop you?,grab what you deserve with your own two hands!

Hiroko can try her damn hardest to worm out of this one!

7c3371fc-1218-42e3-9009-8520d7f626fa
joined Sep 15, 2020

I like how you can tell the differences between the shock in people’s faces. Some are mildly surprise (as in more surprised that she publicly admitted said fact rather than the actual fact itself), extremely shocked (being surprised at the fact she’s a lesbian and admitting being in love with a coworker), the people who are shocked but mostly disappointed (probably bc they had a crush on her), the tea spill sort of shock (the ones shocked but ready to have some gossip for the next coming weeks, the curious shock, and last but not least the disbelief shock by Hiroko and Risa that she’s actually saying this rn at their office lol.

joined Mar 24, 2023

People be saying Ayaka made the wrong move...YOU'RE ALL WRONG!

Knowing that the rumours started by the bastard back then are what lead to an uncomfortable position,it's now time to smash all that gossip crap once and for all.

Seize the means of lesbian love loudly and proudly!,let there be no hesitation,let there be no misunderstandings,and let there be no one else to get in your way!

Why let society stop you?,grab what you deserve with your own two hands!

Hiroko can try her damn hardest to worm out of this one!

OH HELL YEAH

joined Dec 17, 2021

Perfect.

644a9551982db70ad739d195df9452e7
joined Mar 7, 2021

Holy fucking shit Ayaka

Screen%20shot%202024-03-24%20at%209.39.46%20am
joined May 8, 2017

Hiroko:
Every mf'er in the office:

644a9551982db70ad739d195df9452e7
joined Mar 7, 2021

Ya I really had initially expected it to be "hey everyone in the office I am a lesbian" and then through everyone being cool with it organically show Hiroko that it's okay for her to come out now too.

Alpha%20avatar
joined Nov 13, 2015

Oh shit she's gone nuclear

20221231_135046
joined Dec 1, 2022

I think this is just really fitting for Ayaka's personality. Ayaka is exactly that impulsive, brash go-getter girl who goes for what she wants deep inside, damn the personal consequences. If you really wanted to analyze her a bit like she was a "real person", she'd be one of those numerous people with mild undiagnosed ADHD. She has tons of character cues like that, starting from the way her apartment looks like, how she's either detached or in manic or panic mode all the time, or how she's hyper-focused on Hiroko, even beyond a typical crush.

I am not saying I dislike the development - I say my opinion on the actions of a character, e. g. I am not saying that the author shouldn't have done it.

It's like criticizing the action of a villain in a story - there wouldn't be a story if an author didn't write the villain doing something bad, but doesn't mean I can't disapprove the villain

"Volandemort is such a dick" and "JK Rowling should not have written Volandemort" are different stances.

Ya I really had initially expected it to be "hey everyone in the office I am a lesbian" and then through everyone being cool with it organically show Hiroko that it's okay for her to come out now too.

Now this would be a development I'd disapprove. The top management is still the same from the time Hiroko was still a newbie. We've seen them. Something like: "oh yeah it's been 10 years and things are different" would contradict existing plot

last edited at Jun 24, 2023 3:46AM

joined Mar 8, 2014

Now this would be a development I'd disapprove. The top management is still the same from the time Hiroko was still a newbie. We've seen them. Something like: "oh yeah it's been 10 years and things are different" would contradict existing plot

Ok forgetting for a moment that this is a story and we shouldn't take it at face value here's my opinion. Saying she's in love with Hiroko is pretty much saying she's queer. She could've said I love women or sth. I agree with the other people that public confessions are very uncomfortable. People in my country here can be quite homophobic as well. I can't imagine a girl shouting she's in love with me in the workplace like that. I'm sorry but I'd be mortified even if I liked her. Probably more if I did. I wouldn't feel comfortable pursuing anything with her because I'd feel that all eyes are on me. It's OK to tell some co workers you're familiar with but announcing it like that is so problematic. Who cares that Hiroko loves Ayaka? This is not high school where everyone's friends. First of all Hiroko might not be her boss per se but she's her senior and workplace relationships like that aren't the best thing ever. Sometimes they can be forbidden in the contracts and could get you fired and even if not it's best to be discreet.

Imo, this is Ayaka’s cue to mature a bit and learn to interact with people in a more natural way. I'd be disappointed if suddenly Hiroko has an epiphany and realizes she was wrong all along. It doesn't make sense for everyone to suddenly be super supportive. Though I suspect now more people are going to start coming out and this will spark a discussion but idk... idk how this can be handled correctly.

joined Mar 4, 2017

Hold on. Does the volume three thing mean we're going to be needing to wait for a while? That there's going to be a pause on chapter releases? Cuz it is technically already spring of 2023.

joined Mar 8, 2014

Ok forgetting for a moment that this is a story and we shouldn't take it at face value here's my opinion. Saying she's in love with Hiroko is pretty much saying she's queer. She could've said I love women or sth. I agree with the other people that public confessions are very uncomfortable. People in my country here can be quite homophobic as well. I can't imagine a girl shouting she's in love with me in the workplace like that. I'm sorry but I'd be mortified even if I liked her. Probably more if I did. I wouldn't feel comfortable pursuing anything with her because I'd feel that all eyes are on me. It's OK to tell some co workers you're familiar with but announcing it like that is so problematic. Who cares who Ayaka loves? This is a company not high school where everyone's friends and stuff. First of all Hiroko might not be her boss per se but she's her senior and workplace relationships like that aren't the best thing ever. Sometimes they can be forbidden in the contracts and could get you fired and even if not it's best to be discreet.

Imo, this is Ayaka’s cue to mature a bit and learn to interact with people in a more natural way. I'd be disappointed if suddenly Hiroko has an epiphany and realizes she was wrong all along. It doesn't make sense for everyone to suddenly be super supportive. Though I suspect now more people are going to start coming out and this will spark a discussion but idk... idk how this can be handled correctly.
I'm sorry, I like Ayaka a lot but I hope she doesn't get the best reaction and starts to understand Hiroko's point of view.
Honestly it's very very different in a country where people don't casually say they're gay. Here, I couldn't just casually tell someone, oh btw my ex girlfriend or sth. It just doesn't happen. They're gonna stare at me and be like... "wait, you're a lesbian? Uhh... oookaaay..." Hiroko has many young women who look up to her and are very friendly with her. Imagine if everyone knew she likes women. Well some of them are now gonna be like "uh, my boss is a lesbian, she said my shirt is nice, I think she might have the hots for me lol". I think maybe in a fashion? company in Tokyo maybe they're more open minded and Japanese people sort of mind their own and aren't as judgemental as here I think but from what I've heard it's not the most queer friendly place in the world.

last edited at Jun 24, 2023 5:45AM

Img_20201116_114246_2-min_50-min%20(1)
joined Oct 14, 2014

Hiroko:
Every mf'er in the office:

I cannot believe you had an imgur URL of the eye lips eye emoji combo on hand just to embed in Dynasty

To reply you must either login or sign up.