Forum › Ayaka is in Love with Hiroko! discussion

23519190_1784036034940610_3865802561690641399_n
joined Oct 4, 2016

The amount of helpful personal advice and guides to righteous behavior generated on behalf of fictional characters by Dynasty readers is truly formidable.

I suspect that in most cases the advice is based on fictional experience, so it all comes out in the wash.

Avatar%20knights%20badass%20hung%20clipboard01
joined Feb 25, 2023

I'll take that bet, since Ayaka already said she doesn't like Risa to her face, after Risa confessed.

....... "Doesn't like?"
You only like the people you want to fuck rn?
I'll take in that case that you don't like your father, you don't like your mother, you don't like your brothers and you don't like your sisters.

Well, either that or your family life is Taiyaki-level of interesting.

Patreon_post_image-42_50_1_50
joined Sep 10, 2022

I'll take that bet, since Ayaka already said she doesn't like Risa to her face, after Risa confessed.

....... "Doesn't like?"
I'll take in that case that you don't like your father, you don't like your mother, you don't like your brothers and you don't like your sisters.

Obviously, I mean romantically. We're talking about dating and confessions. I don't understand what you mean? Are you being purposefully uncharitable or what? I'm not sure what my family life has to do with it.

last edited at Jun 16, 2023 11:52AM

Tumblr_3d1efdc4f3fb1ee16acd2f13f08afe0c_1e0d545a_12802
joined Mar 8, 2014

I think it's a bit complicated for her. Because even here with this "rejection" Hiroko never said she doesn't like Ayaka. She only said she doesn't believe she could make her happy. Ayaka could view that as just another obstacle, to show that she's fine being secret at work or to show Hiroko that she doesn't have to worry as much.

Yeah she could do that, subtly I guess, if possible. But she has been pursuing her quite aggressively and the ball is in Hiroko's court at this point. I just hope that Ayaka can accept the rejection to some extent and Hiroko gives her a signal or something, it would show more character progression than just having Ayaka relentlessly pursue Hiroko.

joined Jun 21, 2020

I’m sure something will happen and Ayaka and Hiroko will end up together, but I’m here for the Ayaka x Risa ship. Risa is also the best girl 10/10

joined Dec 13, 2020

....... "Doesn't like?"

Obviously, I mean romantically.

Next time, put it into writing. Don't assume people can read your thoughts. It's extremely mean, and unfair and just plain wrong, to say something like "Ayaka already said she doesn't like Risa to her face" when in fact Ayaka likes Risa A LOT and has both said it and expressed it, in various ways, several times. Rereading what you've written before hitting send is usually a good idea.

When it comes to romance, Risa is not Ayaka's romantic interest because Ayaka's already in love with Hiroko... but that doesn't mean Ayaka and Risa couldn't have something in the future, if things with Hiroko don't work out for Ayaka. Leaving aside meta arguments—"it won't happen because the author doesn't want it" and so on—from a story pov there's nothing unreasonable about it. Like, at all.

joined Dec 18, 2021

finally some prog- wait wtf?

joined Sep 10, 2022

Next time, put it into writing...

You cut off my full comment which said "Ayaka already said she doesn't like Risa to her face, after Risa confessed." "After she confessed" is key. What's also key is the entire rest of my comment which discussed romantic interests and discussed Risa's being a great friend such as this: "Ayaka is within her right, not to view her romantically, she's said as much and that's the end of that." I can't really help you beyond that. I mean they are obviously friends, I didn't think that was debatable. I can understand if you like Risa but this is a bit out of hand. Especially comments like this:

Rereading what you've written before hitting send is usually a good idea.

Or

I'll take in that case that you don't like your father, you don't like your mother, you don't like your brothers and you don't like your sisters. Well, either that or your family life is Taiyaki-level of interesting.

So we have one commenter bringing in my family relations and we have you doing this? Let's be respectful.

As for Risa and Ayaka: if you want to believe they have a potential future we'll have to agree to disagree. I've already made my points, I think. So, we'll see.

last edited at Jun 16, 2023 3:58PM

joined Oct 24, 2014

that ad hominem about only liking people u wanna fuck is hilarious. note to that other guy, you gotta write “she doesn’t LIKE like” or “she doesnt like her THAT WAY” so people dont think youre being too mean to the fictional character getting rejected

joined Oct 4, 2016

It's extremely mean, and unfair

Risa is a fictional character. She'll be okay.

Tumblr_3d1efdc4f3fb1ee16acd2f13f08afe0c_1e0d545a_12802
joined Mar 8, 2014

Lol idk what is happening in this comment section. Risa sure is popular XD

Image_2023-04-26_102004495
joined Apr 23, 2023

Messy, clumsy female characters are so lovable to me, I'm claiming Hiroko for myself <3

This has been such a fun manga so far! I think a lot of ppl here read fiction expecting like, role models? I guess? Perfect characters who behave very reasonably and act in straightforward ways and never miscommunicate or have any serious flaws. Those are good things to want in real life but this is literally a yuri manga written with the purpose to entertain.

My 2 cents:

1. "Ayaka doesn't love Hiroko, she just admires her." -- Super annoying that the way a woman is attracted to another is scrutinized even in fiction! Shut up! This is a yuri manga, the author even calls them lesbians. They experience lesbian desire. Ayaka wants to get into Hiroko's pants!

2. The most interesting thing Risa has done so far has been telling Hiroko off. Otherwise, she's very nondescript lol. Risa/Ayaka would be a little boring to me tbh.

3. Hiroko is obviously attracted to Ayaka and she feels jealous when the male manager pets her, idk why people are saying she's not. I think ppl are making her into this cruel, uncaring character because she's clueless and a womanizer (though she's obviously not seducing Ayaka.) When... in fact she's being responsible and caring by considering that there's a power dynamic at play (she's Ayaka's boss), that you don't sh!t where you eat, and that for various reasons she cannot give her what she needs right now. I'm so looking forward to her figuring out how to reconcile her lesbianism w her professional life and how to keep lasting relationships <3 and most of all, I'm looking forward to her getting together with Ayaka!

last edited at Jun 16, 2023 6:28PM

Ren%e2%80%99py_logo_6-13-6_200x307px
joined Jan 21, 2023

This comment is dumb. Really. Dumber than dirt in a box of rocks.

joined Jul 21, 2020

Eh, it's just words in a forum. Vankomycin'll be okay.

last edited at Jun 16, 2023 7:14PM

Avatar%20tartuffe%20clipboard01b
joined Sep 20, 2022

Leaving aside meta arguments—"it won't happen because the author doesn't want it" and so on—from a story pov there's nothing unreasonable about it. Like, at all.

Meta arguments, yes. I've been myself thinking that there are too many of those in this discussion. "Hiroko has plot armor so she'll win!" Good for you, bub, if it makes you happy; but that's schlock storytelling and a crappy narrative.

The op who compared this manga with Liberty had the right idea. Liz, like Hiroko, is fated to carry the day... but only because she's the writer's pet.

joined Oct 4, 2016

Eh, it's just words in a forum. Vankomycin'll be okay.

Like you wouldn't believe.

joined Sep 10, 2022

Hiroko is obviously attracted to Ayaka and she feels jealous when the male manager pets her, idk why people are saying she's not. I think ppl are making her into this cruel, uncaring character because she's clueless and a womanizer (though she's obviously not seducing Ayaka.) When... in fact she's being responsible and caring by considering that there's a power dynamic at play (she's Ayaka's boss), that you don't sh!t where you eat, and that for various reasons she cannot give her what she needs right now. I'm so looking forward to her figuring out how to reconcile her lesbianism w her professional life and how to keep lasting relationships <3 and most of all, I'm looking forward to her getting together with Ayaka!

Yeah, it'll be interesting once they get to whatever her corporate history was like. She's got valid reasons to avoid work relationships (and to try and push Ayaka to Risa) but we know she likes Ayaka and that Ayaka is a pitbull: so the second that workplace cautious streak cracks, Ayaka will likely be there ready to pounce.

last edited at Jun 16, 2023 7:41PM

Marcy
joined Nov 11, 2015

I had to read the last currently available chapter(13) like 3 times to understand very clearly what was going on.
It actually, genuinely looks like it can end up being Ayaka x Risa ???? Like, yes i've seen ppl saying that Hiroko has more plot but so what? Risa is a better candidate at the moment, it looks very simple to me tbh...

And it's also not the final chapter so maybe Risa could get some plot to back her up? I mean, I personally like the """main couple"""(not really a couple ofc but it was/is? the official duo yk), but with the last chapter I'm actually seeing Risa as an ok competitor if she gets some plot.
I've dated girls who weren't ready too and, while it's not a problem, I felt drawn back since I'm already outed for years if it makes sense, so I personally very much understand why Risa thinks Ayaka shouldn't be with Hiroko... maybe they could end up helping her out? idk

I still really like Hiroko with Ayaka though, I hope it works out.

last edited at Jun 16, 2023 7:44PM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I wish I had a dime for every romance story I’ve read or watched where one of the main characters is pursued by the other one, but Main Character #1 is problematic in one or more ways (you know, conflict) and meanwhile there’s a third, more accessible, character who seems much more suitable for Main Character #2, except Main Character #2 is attracted to Main Character #1. Because then I’d have a lot of dimes.

And then if I had a dime for every audience member who desperately wants Main Character #2 to get together with the third and obviously much nicer person, I’d have more dimes than I’d know what to do with.

But as it is, I only have a moderate number of dimes. They’re in a jar.

joined Feb 1, 2021

Part of what makes a story interesting is giving the protagonists obstacles to surmount and problems to solve, and Hiroko and Ayaka have a bunch of them. Hiroko doesn't have to be right to be fun to read about, she just needs compelling reasons to be wrong, and I think so far the author has been selling me on them.

Fb_img_1479131434796
joined Oct 6, 2014

Geez why do people have their panties in such a twist over this.

But I do agree with Mr Jones. Conflict is one of the key parts of storytelling, and we're seeing some surprisingly realistic ones here (the self-sabotage, the fear of coming out, the very real consequences to your work life if you come out AND date a coworker). The direction the manga is taking with Hiroko is incredibly interesting and I'm excited to see more.

Fb_img_1479131434796
joined Oct 6, 2014

....... "Doesn't like?"

Man I read through the thread and if you even had a semblance of context, you would realise that "like" here was in a romantic sense. Why do you have the logic of high school manga characters where there needs to be cherry blossoms and sparkles in the background and a bold, italicised "like" before they understand that context?

Kaseyamada
joined Jun 28, 2019

....... "Doesn't like?"

Man I read through the thread and if you even had a semblance of context, you would realise that "like" here was in a romantic sense.

I remember a guy, he once wrote that a certain girl from a certain manga, if she turned real, could seduce any man in the real world. Any man. They would all be powerless to resist her and simply had no chance against her. This made a lot of people very angry. Questions were asked: "What about married men, would they forget their love and break their commitment? What about gay men, would she convert them? Was this girl the cure for homosexuality? What about celibates by choice? What about Catholic priests? What about...?" The guy replied in a huff that when he said "all men in the world would" he of course meant "all men except those who wouldn't" and we were all stupid for not reading his mind and getting that. After several comparable gaffes, always blaming others for his mistakes, he was banned from the forum.

Write clearly. Reread before posting. Mind ambiguity. Remember implied is not the same as stated and context is not the same as text. Don't expect other people to intuit your meanings. Say exactly what you want to say, in no uncertain terms; no more, no less. And if you fail, accept your responsibility; don't throw the blame onto others.

Avatar%20tartuffe%20clipboard01b
joined Sep 20, 2022

I wish I had a dime for every romance story I’ve read or watched where one of the main characters is pursued by the other one, but Main Character #1 is problematic in one or more ways (you know, conflict) and meanwhile there’s a third, more accessible, character who seems much more suitable for Main Character #2, except Main Character #2 is attracted to Main Character #1. Because then I’d have a lot of dimes.

And then if I had a dime for every audience member who desperately wants Main Character #2 to get together with the third and obviously much nicer person, I’d have more dimes than I’d know what to do with.

What I was talking about. Meta from the ivory tower.

Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

Lol idk what is happening in this comment section. Risa sure is popular XD

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but this is normal here. (⁠;⁠^⁠ω⁠^⁠)

To reply you must either login or sign up.