allmarbleslost
So,%20lesbians%20square
joined May 5, 2022

the short hair looks good. better even.

American_virgin
joined May 25, 2014

Ema blaming Ayame for the break up because she "did too much" was insane tho
And then Ayame agrees and goes "yeah blabla my ego"

What kind of backwards thinking is this, boyfriend was a pos that left all the housework on her shoulders(like many men do) and its somehow her fault it didn't work out??? What was the mangaka thinking with this bs

Just accept what was actually on the page.

Why is it backwards thinking if that guy didn't want to be obsessively pampered and left her? Not to mention she clearly did that to other people too, and they left as well.

It doesn't seem logical, but there are people out there who will find any way to blame their partner (or parents, or roommates, or whoever is closest) for things they're insecure about. I'm assuming that it's the emasculation of being financially provided for regarding rent, not that he's not able to do the housecleaning, that's the main issue for him -- here's the thing he could've just given Ayame money for his half of rent, or set up a direct deposit situation with the landlord to ensure he was paying half or something - but he'd rather blame Ayame for being too much like a mother. Failure is more tolerable for some if they blame it on others.

PineconeJuice
Pinekon
joined Jan 10, 2022

What kind of backwards thinking is this, boyfriend was a pos that left all the housework on her shoulders(like many men do) and its somehow her fault it didn't work out??? What was the mangaka thinking with this bs

Why is it backwards thinking if that guy didn't want to be obsessively pampered and left her? Not to mention she clearly did that to other people too, and they left as well.

It doesn't seem logical, but there are people out there who will find any way to blame their partner (or parents, or roommates, or whoever is closest) for things they're insecure about. I'm assuming that it's the emasculation of being financially provided for regarding rent, not that he's not able to do the housecleaning, that's the main issue for him -- here's the thing he could've just given Ayame money for his half of rent, or set up a direct deposit situation with the landlord to ensure he was paying half or something - but he'd rather blame Ayame for being too much like a mother. Failure is more tolerable for some if they blame it on others.

Ema acts like this wasn't the first or even second time. Like it's some kind of a common occurrence. And I'll lean toward the guy being a jerk if it's once or even twice. But if it's implied that this happened multiple times then I'll have to say that there's something wrong with how our momwife over there behaves.
Also something not seeming logical when it comes to emotions or feelings... Well, yeah that's how that works.

RadiosAreObsolete
Img_20210321_022239%20(2)
joined Mar 6, 2021

Since this is one of those stories with low-effort ultra-specific titles, I'm gonna go ahead and comment on why this particular one doesn't work that well in my opinion.

When it comes to these types of titles, I expect the story to be exactly what the title suggests. However, I feel like this one was a bit misleading in that sense: when I read "Moving In with a Crossdressing Girl After a Breakup", I expect the moving in and crossdressing to be the main themes of the story. So I imagined that we would quickly get to the moving in part and then see how it goes from there. However, two thirds of the story where actually about her breakup and how she supposedly ruins her relationships by being overbearing. Granted, it didn't say living with a crossdressing girl, but I'd imagine the actual moving in would have been more important than the reason why she's now single. The whole moving in and crossdressing lasted only four pages, and we didn't really get to see anything about what happens after either. So how was the crossdressing even important? We could've had the same story without it and it would be pretty much the same.

(On a side note, the implication that she may somehow make her fall for her because she looks like a guy now seems a bit silly to me).

03dcbc32-c6f1-466f-9b77-fffa79a101b1
joined Feb 27, 2022

This really feels too short for the concept- it would have been better if this was a first chapter. Shame about the short-haired girl falling for the dense egoist but at least she doesn't have to worry about rent for a time lol

daydream_dog94
Girls%20last%20tour%20ost%20art
joined Dec 4, 2017

Looks like fun! Full series when? Or even a sequel honestly. I’d like to see more

Jpeg_20190202_220408
joined Mar 21, 2019

the short hair looks good. better even.

Yang would agree

Win%202
joined Nov 12, 2020

Friend can't get a man?

Become the man!...

...how that will cure the overbearing-ness,I have no idea.

Also,what kind of retard would skip out on such a hot mom of a girlfriend?

At least now she will find happiness.

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

... you know, I do think that part with being more like a mom is kinda weird. It sounded to me at first like she got scolded by her friend because this kind of attitude atracts deadbeats that will never take care of themselves, but then it makes no sense why would the guy leave if he had it so good.

Maybe important part is unsaid - mom not only makes you food and does chores, but also scolds you when you're misbehaving or tells you to finally go to work... but then again, doesn't sound like the "mom" in this story did.

Maybe it's just about lack of romance in the relatonship or whatever (paying your rent just so you don't leave doesn't sound very romantic), but I don't get this impression either. So I'm honestly not entirely sure what is being implied here.

The story does feel half-baked overall.

last edited at May 17, 2023 10:14AM

145537335_456474152428619_7273272408325150170_n
joined Mar 13, 2020

I'm glad there're other people who also thought her long hair looked better. I will never understand why do some manga characters in story like this have to change their appearance just for the sake of their crush's approval.

36606521_1893230694069279_477584282957643776_n
joined Aug 30, 2021

No because finally some fucking masc girl representation, always welcome. Her short hair looks bangin.

Img_20220602_141642-min%20(1)%20(1)%20(1)
joined Feb 5, 2020

Smooth as a block of butter on an oiled surface. Too bad butter don't slide on a brick wall.

20221231_135046
joined Dec 1, 2022

That's not yuri. And Ayame doesn't seem to have any interest in Ema nor does Ema show any interest in men, so bisexuality is also kinda wrong here. I'd say it is subtext but not sure. It's not very taggable I guess. Well, not everything has to be compartmentalised into neat little boxes.
I do feel sorry for Ema, since it doesn't seem she has a chance. She should try to move on.

20221231_135046
joined Dec 1, 2022

Ayame wanting to be normal and get married more than she even particularly cares about which guy it is… yeah, I get that. I feel that too in a way.

Also, I wonder if Ema was referring to the picrew 悪い男メーカー (bad man maker) on page 2?

Reminds me of the musical Company. Mood

joined Apr 28, 2023

Since this is one of those stories with low-effort ultra-specific titles, I'm gonna go ahead and comment on why this particular one doesn't work that well in my opinion.

When it comes to these types of titles, I expect the story to be exactly what the title suggests. However, I feel like this one was a bit misleading in that sense: when I read "Moving In with a Crossdressing Girl After a Breakup", I expect the moving in and crossdressing to be the main themes of the story. So I imagined that we would quickly get to the moving in part and then see how it goes from there. However, two thirds of the story where actually about her breakup and how she supposedly ruins her relationships by being overbearing. Granted, it didn't say living with a crossdressing girl, but I'd imagine the actual moving in would have been more important than the reason why she's now single. The whole moving in and crossdressing lasted only four pages, and we didn't really get to see anything about what happens after either. So how was the crossdressing even important? We could've had the same story without it and it would be pretty much the same.

(On a side note, the implication that she may somehow make her fall for her because she looks like a guy now seems a bit silly to me).

Translator here, I definitely beefed with the ultra-specific title lol - especially because I prefer to make these longer titles a little snappier. But I had to just work with what the author wrote... Unfortunately I feel it's bad practice to editorialize too far into what I feel it "should" be (though I agree it's almost misleading in this case).

Similar note: not sure if the author is gay-baiting or has a particular plan in mind for a continuation, but I did find this in the #創作百合 (basically indie yuri) hashtag on Twitter so I'm inclined to give them the benefit of the doubt.

last edited at May 17, 2023 11:44AM

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

Needs Idiot couple tag.

joined Jul 8, 2019

To be a couple you need two

KatzeDerNacht
08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

I am beyond happy to see many others not liking the haircut. I am all for people doing what they want with their hair, but NOT for the sake of someone else, certainly not like this, blondie ain't even gay lol but ok.

T%e1%ba%a3i%20xu%e1%bb%91ng
joined Mar 20, 2017

It's mean that she's done all the housework and paid the rent before the boyfriend can and then refuses the compensation. Like how can you do the housework if there no housework to do?
That's exactly how my mother act. When I washed the dishes, she said "just put it there, just a few one". When I paid for something, she said "just use her money, everyone (mostly just me) will use that, too"

And not to mention that's all of Ayame's ex-boyfriend broke up with her because of that after a few months. You know, except for some leeching scums, Japanese men take pride in providing for their family.

Helmet
joined Jun 9, 2021

It's funny that she gets criticized for being a mom, since in real life, people tend to choose partners that are similar to their parents. It's actually a pretty strong correlation.

Palucina1
joined May 26, 2020

Girls like Ema are right in my strikezone, so Ayame is pretty lucky, if she's interested. Otherwise, she seems like a good friend, even if they don't get together. Maybe, she'll learn to pursue healthier relationships.

637779b7-15e8-460d-857f-1d1f3ef2d4a5
joined Sep 15, 2019

This needs to become a series! Love it so much already!!! Was expecting more.

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

Using that logic the. It's perfectly reasonable for Ema to Chew Ayame out for her failings so that she has to reflect on what happened rather than deflect

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

[SSSSSSSIIIIIIIIIIGGGGGGGHHHHHH] There should be a Fails to confess or a nothing happens in the end tag, to warn me this story is going to leave me frustrated and annoyed.

last edited at May 17, 2023 4:49PM

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

I didn't get the impression Ema was blaming Ayame for the break up per se. I think it was more like Ema was pointing out, how Ayame keeps going all in with loser guys, who end up using her, and throwing her aside when they get bored.

last edited at May 17, 2023 5:09PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.