Forum › What Does the Fox Say discussion

Do64bspv4aac56y
joined Dec 8, 2017

I'm sure Do Won has a very unpleasant past based on the way she cried at the thought Seju might have died on her too. She could have gone through the same situation where she couldn't save that person even though she was a pro swimmer, and it might have left on her a severe trauma that she couldn't continue her swimming career with passion any longer. Both her and Seju ran away from Seoul to Jeju and Seju might think Won would tell her if she lets Won know her reason first, considering it was possibly painful enough for Won to avoid and have no intention mentioning it when Seju asked. Seju's "Do you have something say?" and her expression after Won's hesitation looks like she was expecting Won to mention anything related to it or at least the reason she cried.

Ruby
joined Oct 28, 2018

Highly doubt she was trying to commit suicide, not with Wonnie right there. It's more like she did it to hide her crying eyes after Wonnie shown her this innocent kindness and perhaps you could say she also felt like it, letting her hair down for once. Regardless, the so-called joke was pretty mean though. Wonnie looks like she was re-living her traumatic experience all over again. Maybe the reason why she quit swimming and ran away back to Jeju was due to someone pretty close to her drowned or commit suicide in some other ways. One way or the other, her sad past is definitely coming up.

matsuri_wins
4bbe1078a9d82bf519de9e5fc56dee60
joined Feb 18, 2018

I don’t think Dowon’s tears necessarily mean someone in her past has drown. I mean, I would tear up too if I am trying to save even a stranger from a life and death situation.

matsuri_wins
joined Feb 18, 2018

Holy f I am eating my words! Looks like there is a plot after all LOL. Dowon is probably an assassin or professional body guard. I legit didn't see that one coming.

Ruby
joined Oct 28, 2018

God damn, that reveal at the end. Turns out this wasn't going to be a straight forward, happily ever after story.

This is going to be a tough pill for Seju to swallow if and when she does learns the truth about Wonnie, which most likely would happen soon in the next chapter (seems like a suspicious person is over at the villa, maybe it's the same female assassin who will attack Seju once more). I imagine she would end up feeling betrayed, thinking this caretaker all the time had genuinely cared for her without any motives involved

last edited at Jun 5, 2019 8:41PM

joined Feb 18, 2018

I am stoked!!! God damnit Team GJ. Won's sexiness just increased big time in my eyes.Peace out Sumin lol

Capture_89_1
joined Apr 28, 2016

Is it just me or I'm the weird one when I think Dowon's muscular looks is such a turn off? @______________@ Her shoulder is too big and so wide @______________@, it looks effing weird

BTW, seems like the side story has stopped being a side story and has started to develope into wdtfs 2.0 or extended wdtfs or sth. Now we even have a plot for Dowon x Seju @______________@, lol

last edited at Jun 5, 2019 11:18PM

11av3
joined May 28, 2018

Here you go. In recent chap there is reasonable explanation for previous actions, no? For me - yes.
I think the way is Won anatomy looks is quite correct for a swimmer.

joined Feb 18, 2018

There is a market out there for toned girls lol work out hard and you will see!

Dowon has broad shoulders because she is physically active and it's probably true that she was a swimmer before turning into...well, whatever she is now, probably a body guard for rich people. So it makes sense. Upper body workouts will make your shoulders broad, it's not specific about swimming.

joined Feb 18, 2018

And yes it does look like this will be a whole season if they are complicating the plot this much. Which I'm happy with. Like, I don't care about Nammi for example, or St. Sungji for that matter, and don't need more stories about them. Back to paying Tappytoon lol

Ruby
joined Oct 28, 2018

Could have sworn the author had canceled the planned side story for Nammi. Perhaps she should do the same for Dawoon x Sangmi. None of these characters seemed particularly memorable enough for the majority readers to care about. I mean it does seem like a no-brainer to have Seju x Dowon story extended instead, considering all the complicated factors involved: the truth behind Ahn Chahee's death, Wonnie's past, the assassin targeting Seju and perhaps Saehyun's motive to protect Seju. I don't see all these could be resolved in just mere 14 chapters (assuming it's going to be the length as Paradise).

As for Wonnie, I find her appearance to be a refreshing change compared to the other women in the series. Her tanned skin gives her a healthy glow, and she's physically fit without looking overly butch. Saehyun is sure confident that she has what it takes to protect and look after Seju. Although I'm excited about the theory of her being an assassin who would do a John Wick if someone messes with her President, I doubt it's going to be that extravagant :P She may just be a swimmer who has a dark past of her own.

matsuri_wins
joined Feb 18, 2018

She may not be an assassin outright but she must at least be a professional body guard. The Baek family is filthy rich, why would they hire a swimmer rather than a professional to protect Seju?

matsuri_wins
joined Feb 18, 2018

Also Saehyun is the most underrated character in this series. He is always supporting Seju while at the same time was totally ok with torturing Sumin. He and Seju treat each other coldly but at the same time seem to have a mutual understanding.

It’s very interesting to me at least, I know the series focuses on the women but I would like to know more about him.

last edited at Jun 7, 2019 4:36PM

mei is waifu
Ds6osxcvsaabln5
joined Dec 13, 2017

Did I read it wrong or Saehyun seemed to have a crush on/had an affair with Seju''s mom, Ahn Chahee in one of the chapters in WDTFS? I know some people said he sees her as a mother figure but it seems that way to me. And his affection towards Seju borders on parental love...kinda...

last edited at Jun 7, 2019 4:56PM

Ruby
joined Oct 28, 2018

Guess we'll just have wait and see the next chapter which should be released on the 16th. I do agree it's a strange choice to hire an ex-swimmer athlete to be Seju's bodyguard. I mean, you would think with their wealth and influence, the Chairman or Saehyun could have easily found a proper one who has the training and experience. Hell, if they were that concerned about her safety, why not just simply hire a whole team to watch over her?

So if I understand this right. Chairman Baek's original plan after his death was to have Seju hiding away in that villa in Jeju with Sumin acting as her emotional support and Wonnie watching out for her since he fears his sons would still come after her despite leaving her with no inheritance?

Hmm, not sure if this is really the best solution. If he really wanted to protect her forever from those asshole brothers, perhaps he should have pulled off a Red Wedding style assassination upon them or fake his daughter's death and have her identity changed, even brainwashed her so she can't remember her former life. It seems wishful thinking that the family would let go of their grudge towards her eventually, so she can return to Seoul one day in peace. Of course, I could be jumping to conclusion early and there actually was more to his plan.

Saehyun is certainly a pretty interesting character. Out of all the despicable brothers in the Baek family, his the only one that doesn't appear to bear a grudge towards Seju's existence and has assisted her when needed. I believe it was mentioned before from the author that Ahn Chahee used to take care of him when he was young and he sees in her a motherly figure? Perhaps he promised Ahn Chahee to look after her child.

last edited at Jun 7, 2019 7:23PM

joined Jun 6, 2019

Someone mentioned this on another forum. “Did anyone else notice that in the last panel before Won’s flashback, there was a silhouette of a man/woman outside of the hotel? Lol, I don’t think Seju and Won are the only ones there anymore.”

last edited at Jun 7, 2019 9:12PM

Ruby
joined Oct 28, 2018

^ Yeah. It could be the same female assassin who strangled Seju as a warning from her brothers. Then again, that would be too predictable. It might just be one of the cleaners since Won mentioned a cleaning company coming to the villa once every month. Or maybe it's the person who sent the email to Seju for a business meeting or Saehyun checking up on them.

joined May 17, 2019

For the past few chapters we had some inner conflict for Seju, her psychological struggle to break her ‘habit’ and a tiny peek at Won’s backstory. Now it’s time to advance the plot by introducing outer conflict aka silhouette man and Won Wuri. Could Won Wuri be that purple-haired lady? Seriously can’t wait for next chapter when we see the new characters. Team Gaji can take my money.

joined Feb 18, 2018

Lol who the hell is Won Wuri? Wasn’t that just a joke from the translators?

joined Feb 18, 2018

Guess we'll just have wait and see the next chapter which should be released on the 16th. I do agree it's a strange choice to hire an ex-swimmer athlete to be Seju's bodyguard. I mean, you would think with their wealth and influence, the Chairman or Saehyun could have easily found a proper one who has the training and experience. Hell, if they were that concerned about her safety, why not just simply hire a whole team to watch over her?

I am like 99.9% sure Won told Seju a partial truth: yes she was a swimmer when in school, but then she became a professional body guard or assassin. I mean, she is super tall, super strong and has the poker face and super polite neutral personality for this type of job.

So if I understand this right. Chairman Baek's original plan after his death was to have Seju hiding away in that villa in Jeju with Sumin acting as her emotional support and Wonnie watching out for her since he fears his sons would still come after her despite leaving her with no inheritance?

Hmm, not sure if this is really the best solution. If he really wanted to protect her forever from those asshole brothers, perhaps he should have pulled off a Red Wedding style assassination upon them or fake his daughter's death and have her identity changed, even brainwashed her so she can't remember her former life. It seems wishful thinking that the family would let go of their grudge towards her eventually, so she can return to Seoul one day in peace. Of course, I could be jumping to conclusion early and there actually was more to his plan.

I think Red Wedding and stuff like that would be bad advertising for the Baek family. The Baek Chairman was always shown to care for Seju...but only to an extent.

It’s possible he suggested Jeju as a compromise between his original desire of sending Seju abroad and keeping her close enough to Seoul so that she wouldn’t freak out about being too far away from Sumin, or at least have a reason to separate her from Sumin and make her finally leave, which is to go visit the place where her mom used to live and where she had good memories with Sumin when they were young.

Saehyun is certainly a pretty interesting character. Out of all the despicable brothers in the Baek family, his the only one that doesn't appear to bear a grudge towards Seju's existence and has assisted her when needed. I believe it was mentioned before from the author that Ahn Chahee used to take care of him when he was young and he sees in her a motherly figure? Perhaps he promised Ahn Chahee to look after her child.

Yeah I don’t think he was Ahn Chahee’s lover, it’s too awkward even for WDTFS standards lol

He probably just cares for Seju by proxy. Honestly what baffles me about the Baek family is that in comparison Seju is actually pretty mentally healthy. That’s a weird thing to say but my impression is that if she hadn’t been raised in such a family she would have been a softie. She is literally the villain that didn’t manage to do anything bad to and made the supposed hero (Sumin) look bad instead LOL I mean there is still readers that wanted a SungjixSeju ending and can’t say I would have been opposed to it.

last edited at Jun 8, 2019 10:29PM

joined May 17, 2019

Lol who the hell is Won Wuri? Wasn’t that just a joke from the translators?

No idea. I can only trust the translators. Both English and Chinese versions identified the “Mergers & Acquisitions” email sender. Unless Korean version is different? ¯_(ツ)_/¯

34807335_2091751141042965_85131401472507904_n
joined Jan 9, 2019

Lol I'm from the translating Team Brink, we only faked the email address from "eyesonme@xxx.com" to "teambrink@wdtfs.com" and other information is indeed true. The email sender is called Wonwuri, but we're still not very sure if it's a nickname or real name, or if it's a he or a she although the name sounds a bit masculine.
My guess personally: Wonwuri is the purple head girl.

joined Feb 18, 2018

Is Won the first name or last name? Lol awkward if this person is also named Won.

joined May 17, 2019

Lol I'm from the translating Team Brink, we only faked the email address from "eyesonme@xxx.com" to "teambrink@wdtfs.com" and other information is indeed true. The email sender is called Wonwuri, but we're still not very sure if it's a nickname or real name, or if it's a he or a she although the name sounds a bit masculine.
My guess personally: Wonwuri is the purple head girl.

Not sure how to send you a private message...
Thank you so much for your contribution of time and energy toward making speedy editing & translation for WDTFS. It’s only with committed volunteers like your team that we readers get to enjoy this story. Have a great day and I look forward to reading the next chapter.

Cheers!

#teambrinkisthebest

joined Feb 18, 2018

^ Seconded! Thank you so much for your translations, WDTFS is amazing and so are you! :DDD

To reply you must either login or sign up.