Forum › What Does the Fox Say discussion

Ruby
joined Oct 28, 2018

Sigh I don't know what else to say other than I'm hugely disappointed with yet again another flashback of Sumin coming back to ruin the whole moment. Yes, it may be realistic for her to still have that mentality to not forget about her first love and self-punish herself for what she did to her in the past, but doesn't mean it's not very frustrating and tiresome to see her being like this...

As for the next chapter, I have a feeling Wonnie will come back in time to save her President from that suspicious figure with the baseball bat, perhaps injuring herself in the process. That would force Seju to cancel whatever plans she had in mind and stay with her.

last edited at Jul 6, 2019 5:40AM

matsuri_wins
4bbe1078a9d82bf519de9e5fc56dee60
joined Feb 18, 2018

I am not so sure it’s delusional to think of SejuxSumin as ending yet. What will determine it in my opinion is simply the gloves lol yes the gloves lol

So if the gloves were meant to be interpreted as a single one that Sumin made for her with the leftover threads (as is written in the story, since the 2nd glove never shows up), it means Seju made another one. Why would she make another one? The reason is because she wants to tell Sumin something in person, and the gloves are a symbol for it (example: all of these things happened to us, and I want your forgiveness and I forgive you because my love for you was never leftover). If that’s the case, narratively speaking because stuff cannot “just be” in the story, it is 100% certain she will meet Sumin again and have this conversation.

Now it doesn’t mean she wants Sumin back: at this moment in the story I genuinely think all she wants is forgiveness and to “make sure the one she loves doesn’t hurt anymore”, which is why she left. Also her relationship with Dowon will deepen, which is likely to happen if she defends Seju from the assassin etc. As the chapter in Paradise foreshadowed, Seju and Sumin will only meet again when Seju learned to bond with someone else and she doesn’t NEED Sumin anymore.

So If the endgame is DowonxSeju then what will happen is that Seju and Sumin will talk over the gloves, likely being friends from that moment on. A cool ending, still the best manga around in my opinion. Lukewarm but realistic. It is still not fantastic though because it fails to justify WHY Sumin stuck around. As she questioned herself in the main story after being beat up by the ex gf’s husband and looking at Seju in bed, “Why am I still here?”. If Team GJ doesn’t give a solid explanation for this, the answer of why Sumin was tormenting Seju for 10 years, WDTFS will finish with Seju’s behaviour fully explained but not Sumin’s.

If SuminxSeju endgame, the conversation will for sure trigger Sumin to go back to her while answering the question above. Because it is the kind of emotional growth that in my opinion Sumin subconsciously waited 10 years for and finally either gave up on or decided to force to happen by rebounding with Sungji: for Seju to love her rather than need her, and to make choices without being blinded by her own selfish dependence (which caused her to cheat). It would also maintain Seju as someone who can only love once, which indeed is what makes her special.

If either of these story endings happens, you can thank me later :P

last edited at Jul 6, 2019 8:21AM

Guzzyfuzzy349
joined Apr 22, 2018

Oh man, Seju is a special woman. Her loyalty cannot be matched.

This is the reason why I dont approve Seju to love someone else. If the author really writes Seju to be with anyone other than Sumin, Seju would lose what makes her so unique and different from other antagonists

I think every woman on earth deserves to be happy, including 2D characters lol. Seju should move on already. Sumin and Seju should better continue as friends only. They cannot heal each other's pain.

Please no more flashback of Sumin and Seju. They are hot together but that's all I see in them as a couple.

Guzzyfuzzy349
joined Apr 22, 2018

Sigh I don't know what else to say other than I'm hugely disappointed with yet again another flashback of Sumin coming back to ruin the whole moment. Yes, it may be realistic for her to still have that mentality to not forget about her first love and self-punish herself for what she did to her in the past, but doesn't mean it's not very frustrating and tiresome to see her being like this...

As for the next chapter, I have a feeling Wonnie will come back in time to save her President from that suspicious figure with the baseball bat, perhaps injuring herself in the process. That would force Seju to cancel whatever plans she had in mind and stay with her

I'm with you on this. I'm also tired of the flashbacks. From now i just want to see Seju and Won. Seju already tried everything for Sumin and didn't work. No need to make Seju wait another decade and get the same painful result.

joined Feb 18, 2018

This is the reason why I dont approve Seju to love someone else. If the author really writes Seju to be with anyone other than Sumin, Seju would lose what makes her so unique and different from other antagonists

I think every woman on earth deserves to be happy, including 2D characters lol. Seju should move on already. Sumin and Seju should better continue as friends only. They cannot heal each other's pain.

That’s so unrealistic though, no wonder authors have a compulsion for “Pair the spares” and butcher stories that could have been meaningful in favour of “and everybody was happy”. What, is Team GJ gonna pair up even Sunhwa that showed up in the story for 30s? She got her heart broken too. Ffs.

In my view Seju is strong, she isn’t so weak that her happiness should be conditional on having a woman. What she needs is to be free from her own emotions of dependence towards Sumin.

WDTFS would already have been better off by ending in Paradise with Seju leaving everything behind and being free, no more explanations needed.

Or if they really wanted a continuation, should have made One about how someone goes about rebuilding their lives and finding happiness in a common life, making friends, working. The relationship with Dowon or whomever (Dowon is literally just a placeholder) should have been incidental, something organic that happens as a consequence of her becoming increasingly happy about herself and her life, rather than a drug she is using to get over Sumin.

In that sense Dowon is just another Sungji, a pill in the form of a person (though for sure developed in a better way than Sungji). That’s why I have been calling these rebound relationships. They rarely work out.

Please no more flashback of Sumin and Seju. They are hot together but that's all I see in them as a couple.

last edited at Jul 6, 2019 10:37AM

Guzzyfuzzy349
joined Apr 22, 2018

That’s so unrealistic though, no wonder authors have a compulsion for “Pair the spares” and butcher stories that could have been meaningful in favour of “and everybody was happy”. What, is Team GJ gonna pair up even Sunhwa that showed up in the story for 30s? She got her heart broken too. Ffs.

In my view Seju is strong, she isn’t so weak that her happiness should be conditional on having a woman. What she needs is to be free from her own emotions of dependence towards Sumin.

WDTFS would already have been better off by ending in Paradise with Seju leaving everything behind and being free, no more explanations needed.

Or if they really wanted a continuation, should have made One about how someone goes about rebuilding their lives and finding happiness in a common life, making friends, working. The relationship with Dowon or whomever (Dowon is literally just a placeholder) should have been incidental, something organic that happens as a consequence of her becoming increasingly happy about herself and her life, rather than a drug she is using to get over Sumin.

In that sense Dowon is just another Sungji, a pill in the form of a person (though for sure developed in a better way than Sungji). That’s why I have been calling these rebound relationships. They rarely work out.

Yes, love shouldn't be conditional. However, for Sumin and Seju, I see them happier with other people. I don't want to see Seju dying of loving Sumin only. If Won can help her being happier, so be it. Does't have to be romantic. It can be just friendship. All i see Seju and Sunmi is just sex buddies. Well, i'm just happy to see Seju with someone else.

It must be painful to be in love with someone for 10 years who doesn't give a damn about how you feel. I hope it never happens to anyone in reality lol.

joined Feb 18, 2018

So I like Dowon much better than Sungji because I feel the way she is being developed, there is actual growing emotional intimacy between her and Seju. So no matter if they end up friends or lovers, it’s good to me. The feeling of her being a human pill comes more from the context of “2 lesbians stuck in an island”, when they could just make Seju learn to enjoy life in general and make friends with Dowon, then fall in love, etc. So the scenario is so stupid I can barely tolerate, but at least their development together is ok.

As for Sumin, of course she loved(loves?) Seju. To say that she didn’t care about Seju’s feelings is wrong, the issue was that she had mixed behaviour due to being proud and the type to hold a grudge. Until the very moment Seju left, Sumin was giving to Seju everything she could (considering how messed up she was) to a point much above what would be reasonable for any ex or even friend. Risking her new relationship with Sungji to keep Seju safe, giving in to Seju’s requests even if again that would risk Sungji, showing up to support Seju when her family was being bad to her etc. Even in the funeral. So the thing about Sumin is that in the story what she says is not reliable, it’s more about what she does. She would say to Sungji that Seju is not important but when push comes to shove, repeatedly pick Seju’s well being over Sungji’s, and implicitly request Sungji to tolerate it.

I feel bad for Sungji because the feeling throughout the story is that yes Sumin is in love with her but in the end if both are sinking she would go save Seju. It’s like family bond or the difference between a mistress you are passionate about because it’s new and a wife that you have a long history with and had the time to know all her bad sides . If that makes sense lol

last edited at Jul 6, 2019 11:39AM

Guzzyfuzzy349
joined Apr 22, 2018

Sumin did love Seju passionately. Maybe that's why she couldn't just forgive Seju for that one night with some guy. It doesn't matter lol. I'm all for Seju and her story with someone else. Cannot wait for Seju's development with Won. Hopefully Sumin and Seju become more like a family and just forget about their past relationship.

Seju x someone fan here... hehehe

Please no more flashback of Seju with Sumin.

last edited at Jul 6, 2019 3:16PM

11av3
joined May 28, 2018

Guzzyfuzzy349 Yes, yes and yes. I don’t want to see another story about eternal love for person with whom character can’t be together. I want Seju to be mutually loved. Because love isn’t replacement, it’s new feeling that free her.

So If the endgame is DowonxSeju then what will happen is that Seju and Sumin will talk over the gloves, likely being friends from that moment on.

I think, that how the story is going and I like it, its complement meaning of the main story. Again I saw in the main story 3 protagonist: Seju, Sumin and Sungji. About Sumin, she comes back to Seju because she wanted to remember that emotion of love thru sex, love that she had with her once. In the flashback she said herself that she love Seju even more after sex. Sumin tried to find love thru sex, and because of that when her relationships was failing again she said something like: "she can’t do better than you" to Seju. But in the end Sumin was wrong and find mutual love and committed relationships in another form and then let go of Seju completely, yes, after some missteps and problems, lol, like it was complex story of toxic circle and lingering feelings of love, hate and guilt. They never meant to be together, they like ice and fire in terms of love and passion.
Sumin was very passionate and immature back then, that why she was unable to forgive Seju at that time. Seju is calm and dedicated but immature and spoiled in her own way, and she do have complicated and bad family surrounding, because of that she did that stupid angry mistake, and she started to be fully mature only in the end of the main story. Her going away from Sumin is mature decision. So she can’t go back, she needs to forgive herself and be free, happy again. She can do better. But right now she still can’t do it. I hope she can, lol.

About rebound relationships. I see this story about themes and not about realism. So it’s ok if they work out for the themes. I like angsty stories, but I do like to see future in them and not some dead end.

And I like some nods to the main story. Like Wonnie said that she doesn’t have Inferiority complex, lol. There are some unknown things about Do Won too and about her feelings. Ah, I hope there will be enough time for smooth transitions.

last edited at Jul 7, 2019 4:05AM

matsuri_wins
joined Feb 18, 2018

All I know is this: the story should definitely be called What Does Your Ex Say :P

Also it should be mandatory reading for baby dykes all over with great lessons on what not to do when your relationship with the supposed love of your life hits a rough spot, how not to handle things when you break up with that person and especially how not to handle your new relationships. I mean... so these 2 broke up in such convoluted manner but kept box with pictures and gloves knitted by the ex even then? Seju took the damn gloves even though she knew she was there to forget! Let alone Sumin, cannot knit a scarf to the new gf without giving something to the ex too lmao

matsuri_wins
joined Feb 18, 2018

Guzzyfuzzy349 Yes, yes and yes. I don’t want to see another story about eternal love for person with whom character can’t be together. I want Seju to be mutually loved. Because love isn’t replacement, it’s new feeling that free her.

So If the endgame is DowonxSeju then what will happen is that Seju and Sumin will talk over the gloves, likely being friends from that moment on.

I think, that how the story is going and I like it, its complement meaning of the main story. Again I saw in the main story 3 protagonist: Seju, Sumin and Sungji. About Sumin, she comes back to Seju because she wanted to remember that emotion of love thru sex, love that she had with her once. In the flashback she said herself that she love Seju even more after sex. Sumin tried to find love thru sex, and because of that when her relationships was failing again she said something like: "she can’t do better than you" to Seju. But in the end Sumin was wrong and find mutual love and committed relationships in another form and then let go of Seju completely, yes, after some missteps and problems, lol, like it was complex story of toxic circle and lingering feelings of love, hate and guilt. They never meant to be together, they like ice and fire in terms of love and passion.
Sumin was very passionate and immature back then, that why she was unable to forgive Seju at that time. Seju is calm and dedicated but immature and spoiled in her own way, and she do have complicated and bad family surrounding, because of that she did that stupid angry mistake, and she started to be fully mature only in the end of the main story. Her going away from Sumin is mature decision. So she can’t go back, she needs to forgive herself and be free, happy again. She can do better. But right now she still can’t do it. I hope she can, lol.

About Sumin I agree with you . I see her as someone who always says one thing but means another. From the start it was like that including in Paradise. For example she liked when Seju took control in bed but would deny it; she behaves and talks like what she is after is sex, including with Sungji, but she is after sweet emotional connection. I think at first in their relationship Seju is shown to just naturally give Sumin what she wants without worrying so much about what she says, but as the breakup happens and Sumin becomes twisted, Seju falls “out of tune” with her and gives Sumin what she is saying she wants rather than what she truly wants.

BTW that’s a typical mistake that happens when couples break up or have a big fight, where fear of losing the other person makes you then get desperate and give in to what they ask of you, and become “supplicant”, rather than pay attention to what they actually want and give it to them. Most people are not honest or even aware about their own needs so doing things based only on what they say leads to more problems.

Seju’s big mistake was not the cheating. About that, Sumin suck around for 10 years so that fixing could occur. The mistake was that Seju kept emotional distance from Sumin and gave her sex and freedom as Sumin said she wanted. But what Sumin ACTUALLY wanted was for Seju to try and become emotionally close again, and be sweet to her like she needed. Since Seju failed to do that for such a long time, Sumin’s mind found a replacement in Sungji.

This is like How to Keep a Woman Happy 101: give her what she needs, not what she says she needs :P

In my opinion Seju becoming able to be vulnerable and sweet again is the way out for her no matter if her decision is to be with Won or give Sumin one more shot. But for that she needs to somehow get rid of her guilt.

About rebound relationships. I see this story about themes and not about realism. So it’s ok if they work out for the themes. I like angsty stories, but I do like to see future in them and not some dead end.

And I like some nods to the main story. Like Wonnie said that she doesn’t have Inferiority complex, lol. There are some unknown things about Do Won too and about her feelings. Ah, I hope there will be enough time for smooth transitions.

last edited at Jul 7, 2019 10:08AM

11av3
joined May 28, 2018

Seju’s big mistake was not the cheating. About that, Sumin suck around for 10 years so that fixing could occur. The mistake was that Seju kept emotional distance from Sumin and gave her sex and freedom as Sumin said she wanted. But what Sumin ACTUALLY wanted was for Seju to try and become emotionally close again, and be sweet to her like she needed. Since Seju failed to do that for such a long time, Sumin’s mind found a replacement in Sungji.

It doesn’t contradict what I said about them being different and unable to express themselves properly. Romance between Sumin and Sungji was way after her first relationships and Sungji is more open and talkative. And it’s not about replacement; it’s just their relationships work and gives both parties what they want.

In my opinion Seju becoming able to be vulnerable and emotionally close is the way out for her no matter if her decision is to be with Won or give Sumin one more shot. But for that she needs to somehow get rid of her guilt

Yeah, I agree, except Sumin part. That door is closed in my opinion.

Seju took the damn gloves even though she knew she was there to forget!

I wonder about that. Like, the day before this her luggage arrive. Maybe, just maybe, it’s Sumin send her gloves, because it was her present and now it’s Seju things.

joined Feb 18, 2018

It doesn’t contradict what I said about them being different and unable to express themselves properly. Romance between Sumin and Sungji was way after her first relationships and Sungji is more open and talkative. And it’s not about replacement; it’s just their relationships work and gives both parties what they want.

Yeah you are right, it does not contradict.

I feel it’s replacement because of the way it happened without Sumin paying attention to what Sungji needs, literally in no moment of the story. Because Sungji suddenly offered what she had been eager to receive, she went for it. But I don’t think she loves Sungji, she just loves how Sungji makes her feel at the moment. She was way too disrespectful, neglecting her in moments and always putting Seju’s well being first, while Sungji’s opinion of the situation was an afterthought. She would only think of how Sungji felt when Sungji visibly got upset. In my opinion that’s not love. Sungji loves her though, obviously. For me, she got dealt a really bad hand and could do much better. I wish she would have accepted to be with that childhood friend, who actually truly cares about her.

Contrasting with Do Won and Seju, I feel Seju is actually paying attention to who Do Won is and asking questions and wanting to understand her. As long as they don’t go for desperate sex like in the last chapter, it seems much more like it can be real love.

In my opinion Seju becoming able to be vulnerable and emotionally close is the way out for her no matter if her decision is to be with Won or give Sumin one more shot. But for that she needs to somehow get rid of her guilt

I wonder about that. Like, the day before this her luggage arrive. Maybe, just maybe, it’s Sumin send her gloves, because it was her present and now it’s Seju things.

I would prefer that way. It’s bothersome for Seju to bring the gloves when she is trying to free herself. Then again, Sumin shouldn’t be looking at box of pics with ex when her new gf lives with her. My gf for example would be pissed off :D lolz I guess St Sungji is fine with it.

last edited at Jul 7, 2019 10:24AM

Guzzyfuzzy349
joined Apr 22, 2018

Yeah you are right, it does not contradict.

I feel it’s replacement because of the way it happened without Sumin paying attention to what Sungji needs, literally in no moment of the story. Because Sungji suddenly offered what she had been eager to receive, she went for it. But I don’t think she loves Sungji, she just loves how Sungji makes her feel at the moment. She was way too disrespectful, neglecting her in moments and always putting Seju’s well being first, while Sungji’s opinion of the situation was an afterthought. She would only think of how Sungji felt when Sungji visibly got upset. In my opinion that’s not love. Sungji loves her though, obviously. For me, she got dealt a really bad hand and could do much better. I wish she would have accepted to be with that childhood friend, who actually truly cares about her.

Contrasting with Do Won and Seju, I feel Seju is actually paying attention to who Do Won is and asking questions and wanting to understand her. As long as they don’t go for desperate sex like in the last chapter, it seems much more like it can be real love.

I would prefer that way. It’s bothersome for Seju to bring the gloves when she is trying to free herself. Then again, Sumin shouldn’t be looking at box of pics with ex when her new gf lives with her. My gf for example would be pissed off :D lolz I guess St Sungji is fine with it.

Totally agreed with you. Maybe Sumin should end up by herself lol. She needs to make up her mind completely about who she loves. She needs to stop give Seju false hope.

Why did both Sungji and Seju fall so deeply in love with Sumin? If Sumin makes Sungji cry in the future chapte, I swear i'll make her next exists in this manga hahaha.

Who is your favorite character Matsuri?

matsuri_wins
joined Feb 18, 2018

I wouldn’t mind if Sumin ends up by herself lol Well, or at least she needs some kind of redemption arc where she reflects and apologizes to Seju for real, and also to Sungji.

Initially I felt maybe Team GJ was in a rush to end the series and that’s why they made it seem like Sumin was so selfish, like there was no time to explain her behaviour of paying lip service to Sungji but in reality putting Seju first, while making both suffer. Let alone her reaction of f*cking the whole town and not reflecting about how that makes Seju feel.

But then chapter 108 came and she mentions exes and turns the whole situation awkward and all about herself again right on Valentine’s Day. Not thinking about what Sungji might feel about it, “by accident”. I mean Sungji even provides her excuses for her now lol They might work out in the end but it will definitely be a case of The Author Said So rather than because we readers are shown Sumin loves Sungji deeply.

My favourite character is Seju. It used to be Sungji but I felt so sad about how Sumin was treating her that I had to jump on the Seju bandwagon instead lol

But I do think the best character is actually Sumin, since she is the most real. Seju’s love is starting to border on the martyr level here, they need to tone it down to make her go back to human rather than Goddess levels lol And Sungji and DoWon are a pair of Mary Sues. There is no time to develop them because flashback time!

last edited at Jul 7, 2019 6:49PM

Guzzyfuzzy349
joined Apr 22, 2018

I wouldn’t mind if Sumin ends up by herself lol Well, or at least she needs some kind of redemption arc where she reflects and apologizes to Seju for real, and also to Sungji.

Initially I felt maybe Team GJ was in a rush to end the series and that’s why they made it seem like Sumin was so selfish, like there was no time to explain her behaviour of paying lip service to Sungji but in reality putting Seju first, while making both suffer. Let alone her reaction of f*cking the whole town and not reflecting about how that makes Seju feel.

But then chapter 108 came and she mentions exes and turns the whole situation awkward and all about herself again right on Valentine’s Day. Not thinking about what Sungji might feel about it, “by accident”. I mean Sungji even provides her excuses for her now lol They might work out in the end but it will definitely be a case of The Author Said So rather than because we readers are shown Sumin loves Sungji deeply.

My favourite character is Seju. It used to be Sungji but I felt so sad about how Sumin was treating her that I had to jump on the Seju bandwagon instead lol

But I do think the best character is actually Sumin, since she is the most real. Seju’s love is starting to border on the martyr level here, they need to tone it down to make her go back to human rather than Goddess levels lol And Sungji and DoWon are a pair of Mary Sues. There is no time to develop them because flashback time!

I hear ya about Sumin being more realistic. I admit even I would have behaved the same as Sumin. I probably would go back and forth between the two hotties lol. Seju is rich, sexy, gorgeous, and in love with her high school sweetheart since forever. I don't think there is anyone like her exists. I guess that is why I like her character--she is just a 2D lol.

I still don't know exactly what Sumin wants or needs besides sleeping with women here and there haha. Sungji is very cute, a bit too naive but still likeable.

last edited at Jul 7, 2019 7:21PM

matsuri_wins
joined Feb 18, 2018

I hear ya about Sumin being more realistic. I admit even I would have behaved the same as Sumin. I probably would go back and forth between the two hotties lol. Seju is rich, sexy, gorgeous, and in love with her high school sweetheart since forever. I don't think there is anyone like her exists. I guess that is why I like her character--she is just a 2D lol.

I still don't know exactly what Sumin wants or needs besides sleeping with women here and there haha.

Does anyone actually need anything else besides that? LOL in Sumin’s case it’s not like she is shown to have any other interests besides chasing after skirt. I think she delayed her decision as much as possible. If I was her, I would have just tried to create an arrangement where I could spend time with both Sungji and Seju 50/50, but Sumin was too dumb for that. At some point in the series I actually thought that was gonna happen since Seju and Sungji were kinda becoming friends xD

last edited at Jul 7, 2019 8:18PM

Guzzyfuzzy349
joined Apr 22, 2018

I still don't know exactly what Sumin wants or needs besides sleeping with women here and there haha.

Does anyone actually need anything else besides that? LOL in Sumin’s case it’s not like she is shown to have any other interests besides chasing after skirt. I think she delayed her decision as much as possible. If I was her, I would have just tried to create an arrangement where I could spend time with both Sungji and Seju 50/50, but Sumin was too dumb for that. At some point in the series I actually thought that was gonna happen since Seju and Sungji were kinda becoming friends xD

Realistically, is that all human need lol? No one should be in any committer relationship with anyone else. I wonder what kind of world we have if people were created to just sleep around with each other hahaha... Regarding arranging a 50/50 sharing, i don't think Sungji would agree. If you were Sungji, would you be fine with the idea haha? I hope from now Sumin only approaches Seju like a friend or family and lets Seju find peace with someone else.

joined Feb 18, 2018

I don't truly think that's all humans need, it was a joke :P But I have a suspicion sometimes that most people would be happier if they could commit to more than one person, mostly because it's very hard for a single person to provide all the feelings we want to experience in a relationship long term. However, jealousy is a thing.

I myself wouldn't be fine with the idea of sharing my gf, but Sungji likely would be ok with it because she is so kind. I mean, she tolerated Seju sleeping at Sumin's, literally sharing a bed, and instead of disliking her pretty much became friends with Seju instead. I even felt there was some sexual tension between Seju and Sungji, but maybe it was my wishful thinking at the time.

My ideal ending (legit): DoWonxSeju, SungjixSumin, SejuxSumin meet for romantic vacations once a year with their partner's permission LOL Kinda like that episode of Black Mirror.

last edited at Jul 7, 2019 10:11PM

Guzzyfuzzy349
joined Apr 22, 2018

You're right. It is very hard to provide all the feelings to one person. I wonder how those open relationships work when each partner can be in multiple relationships. It is ready hard to be committed to one person lol. If you have to be emotional involved with multiple partners, you'll probably end up insane lol. I think female x female relationships are more energy draining. Women are too emotional and expecting a lot from their partner. I guess thank god mostly just 1 to 1 relationship. Even in manga, 3 women in a love relationship would end up a disaster eventually.

11av3
joined May 28, 2018

I think Sumin do love Sungji, and they are comfortable about each other. My least favorable character is Sungji, because I think her love for Sumin much more on “martyr level” than Seju’s, lol. About Sumin and Sungji that empathize with Seju – it’s understandable, Seju is not that bad human being, and they consider her situation. Maybe too much, lol, but shit happens.

And right now it’s not about love that Seju have for Sumin, It’s about her self-hatred. And I wonder when it was about love in the main story. She hated herself so much that wanted Sumin to hate her even more. And she wanted Sumin to come back and then she doesn't need to feel this guilt anymore. I hope she stop doing it. And maybe it’s just early speculations: I think gloves are not a symbol of love, but a symbol of forgiveness. And a symbol of blood bath, lol? It would be funny if all this dramatic sequences with bat is just her brother that came to say hello.

Yes, I think so too.

You're right. It is very hard to provide all the feelings to one person. I wonder how those open relationships work when each partner can be in multiple relationships. It is ready hard to be committed to one person lol. If you have to be emotional involved with multiple partners, you'll probably end up insane lol. I think female x female relationships are more energy draining. Women are too emotional and expecting a lot from their partner. I guess thank god mostly just 1 to 1 relationship. Even in manga, 3 women in a love relationship would end up a disaster eventually.

I don't agree. It depends on a person, not on person's sex. Polyamory can be in real life in different forms, but again it depends on preference and comfort of a people that involved in this type of relationships. It is rare.

last edited at Jul 8, 2019 12:54AM

matsuri_wins
joined Feb 18, 2018

I think Sumin do love Sungji, and they are comfortable about each other. My least favorable character is Sungji, because I think her love for Sumin much more on “martyr level” than Seju’s, lol. About Sumin and Sungji that empathize with Seju – it’s understandable, Seju is not that bad human being, and they consider her situation. Maybe too much, lol, but shit happens.

Sungji is not martyr level, she is simply too naive and eager to have sex with this person she is into and doesn’t even know well. She has never fallen in love before. Girls like her exist in droves unfortunately. Even this behaviour that she provides the justifications for Sumin’s careless behaviour for Sumin herself and Sumin only needs to nod yes, I have seen that before lol

And right now it’s not about love that Seju have for Sumin, It’s about her self-hatred. And I wonder when it was about love in the main story. She hated herself so much that wanted Sumin to hate her even more. And she wanted Sumin to come back and then she doesn't need to feel this guilt anymore. I hope she stop doing it. And maybe it’s just early speculations: I think gloves are not a symbol of love, but a symbol of forgiveness. And a symbol of blood bath, lol? It would be funny if all this dramatic sequences with bat is just her brother that came to say hello.

I disagree. She cannot forgive herself due to self-hatred, and I do think her desire for Sumin’s forgiveness is so that she can forgive herself obviously. I mean that is the case in all situations where the person wants forgiveness lol But the reason why the “crime” is so heavy for her is because she loves Sumin. Seju is not that good of a person, she has no problems being an a-hole including to DoWon so I don’t think her self-hatred extends beyond her specific “crime”. Her self-esteem seems the strongest of everyone in the series actually...

About the glove, it’s a mitten actually so this is what I found out:
https://www.collinsdictionary.com/dictionary/english/give-or-get-the-mitten

Seju must burn them immediately and go be happy with DoWon, this is too final :P

Yes, I think so too.

I don't agree. It depends on a person, not on person's sex. Polyamory can be in real life in different forms, but again it depends on preference and comfort of a people that involved in this type of relationships. It is rare.

last edited at Jul 8, 2019 7:36AM

Guzzyfuzzy349
joined Apr 22, 2018

All I know is this: the story should definitely be called What Does Your Ex Say :P

Also it should be mandatory reading for baby dykes all over with great lessons on what not to do when your relationship with the supposed love of your life hits a rough spot, how not to handle things when you break up with that person and especially how not to handle your new relationships. I mean... so these 2 broke up in such convoluted manner but kept box with pictures and gloves knitted by the ex even then? Seju took the damn gloves even though she knew she was there to forget! Let alone Sumin, cannot knit a scarf to the new gf without giving something to the ex too lmao

I hear ya. Love is blind. People do stupid things for it. It's really scary to be so deeply in love with soneone. Hopefully, Seju can move on from Sumin completely. And Sungji, she needs to be tougher on Sumin.

11av3
joined May 28, 2018

Sungji is not martyr level, she is simply too naive and eager to have sex with this person she is into and doesn’t even know well. She has never fallen in love before.

I’m not talking about start of their relationships, but mostly about that last time when she left "for greater good”. She said it herself: I’ll be good girl and will suffer, but make things right, be with Seju, Team leader. Lol, what? She is too kind and good, like a saint, lol. But I’m ok if people see it differently.

BTW a quick google search returns that gloves are a symbol for fidelity. Well she better burn them if she wants to move on then lmao

I didn’t know that, lol. Honestly, I think about symbols only in context of the story, because there are can be multiple meanings in different cultures and story might not adopt even one of them. Scarfs or rings are simple, because it’s common gift with known value. But gloves do have interesting meanings.

I disagree. She cannot forgive herself due to self-hatred, and I do think her desire for Sumin’s forgiveness is so that she can forgive herself obviously. I mean that is the case in all situations where the person wants forgiveness lol But the reason why the “crime” is so heavy for her is because she loves Sumin. Seju is not that good of a person, she has no problems being an a-hole including to DoWon so I don’t think her self-hatred extends beyond her specific “crime” LOL

Yeah, Seju and even Sumin are flawed people, selfish, even bitchy. But it doesn’t mean that they can’t torture themselves over some reasons. For Seju Sumin means a lot, but her love is always have this complicated nature. Mostly because how she was raised. So I don’t think that what’s going on with Seju in latest chapter was about love to Sumin and not about guilt and self-hatred. She thought, how she can have something good when she this filthy human? Mix of the reasons sounds good too, lol. Again, it’s how I see it. In the end, story is incomplete and what’s matter is that she needs to change for the better.

last edited at Jul 8, 2019 8:08AM

matsuri_wins
joined Feb 18, 2018

@Aniele: I realized it is not gloves but mittens lol Apparently giving someone the mitten is rejecting them, at least in Europe. But it fits so there you go.

To reply you must either login or sign up.