Forum › Touhou project - where do I begin?

Katomixharu%20-%20cross%20heart
joined Jul 3, 2013

As a rule, I hate reading doujin about things I know nothing about. There are usually too many unexplained situations and I don't follow from not having "inside" info.

I see tons of Touhou project stuff on this site. I have looked into it before, but when I make a search online for Touhou project, the amount of results I get is baffling... I just don't know where to begin. Nor do I know enough about it. Can someone explain, give me a starting point, anything? I feel I'm missing a lot of good stuff by not knowing this.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

There's no specific order to them, although I'd say start with Silent Sinner In Blue and Wild And Horned Hermit first to get a feel for the characters. From there you can go pretty much anywhere and start getting to know the rest of the characters.

Katomixharu%20-%20cross%20heart
joined Jul 3, 2013

Ok, thanks for the quick reply! Will try that right away :)

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Oh, and if you're looking for good entry-level dounjins, at least about the Scarlet Devil Mansion and Forest of Magic characters, you might check out anything by Millet Soup. Aki Eda's stuff is good too, that's the artist from Silent Sinner In Blue, and both Personal Color and GP-Kids' stuff are pretty accessible.

To reply you must either login or sign up.