Forum › Citrus discussion

08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

A fiancé... at this point in the story..ok well, it may serve for Mei and Yuzu to finally be able to be really honest..on one hand, on the other I screaaamed and pulled my hair when I saw this was happening AGAIN, but I still like this ugh just like, jsdjoijdisjijisd

19243370_189319978264256_7134889760776107126_o
joined Dec 26, 2014

funny how everyone is so talkative the minute drama is on lol, for many reasons..... the chapter was a punch in the stomach I have to admit I didn't even want to work on it at the beginning.... anyway let's hope the plot doesn't go for the worse out come....

Tumblr_inline_oxf1gj0pl71rjsbp5_400
joined Jun 23, 2017

mei's dad doesn't seem the kind of guy who would aprove his daughter marring into money and reputation to someone she doesn't love(anymore), wouln't he had something to say against gramps? also don't know if yuzu's mom could also get into the decision being her legal tutor

Well, Mei's dad probably lost his right to talk when he deserted Japan and just went to move around. Yuzu's mom is new to the family and is woman... I think they'll have to say fuck it to family or convince the grampa.

funny how everyone is so talkative the minute drama is on lol, for many reasons..... the chapter was a punch in the stomach I have to admit I didn't even want to work on it at the beginning.... anyway let's hope the plot doesn't go for the worse out come....

Nooo don't give up translator-san! Think of it as your travel through the plateau of Gorgoroth! The goal is worth it. Thank you for your work <3

Come on, I've defended this series too from critics, but I have to admit that "clever" is not how I would describe Saburota's writing. You can only have so many different love triangles before they get repetitive.

Ah it's not really a love triangle as of now. And to be honest, I think this the most plausible drama that has happened - I can accept the twins as something random that happens also IRL and it gave us a really cute confession, but this one holds in the context of Mei and her family. And it was announced in the very first chapters.

last edited at Oct 21, 2017 5:41PM

joined Feb 23, 2016

Goddammit Mei&Saburo not a god damn cliffhanger, and draamaa xD which i knew was coming!!! But i still like it ugghh!! I want moree though~

Tumblr_naq5w3cgrf1sbltxmo1_500
joined Jun 27, 2016

NOOOOOOO EVERYTHING WAS GOING SO WELLLLL

Omochikaeri_thumb
joined Nov 2, 2013

Wow those sketches. Anyways this was not at all what I was expecting. I thought we were done with all this drama bullshit. Time to finally drop this into the trash where it belongs.

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Except they're not, the circumstances are the exact same. It's literally "SURPRISE! Mei has another arranged fiance! Isn't that so dramatic?"

No they aren't. The teacher was there to show the way Mei had lost any agency of her own and to allow Yuzu to make a dramatic entrance on Mei's life. Now this is a test for Mei's grow as character and one that will kickstart further development on the supporting cast.

Unless this is just a red herring and they are referring to the first arranged marriage that was called off then the parallels are there. At the very least it's lazy writing, ironically goes hand in hand with the lazy art.

What parallels are there? The teacher was an actual factor where he was a villain of sorts while here the fiances are complete non-entities since the focus is on the girls' actions and not them.

Come on, I've defended this series too from critics, but I have to admit that "clever" is not how I would describe Saburota's writing. You can only have so many different love triangles before they get repetitive.

She peppered the entire story with meaningful background events, foreshadowing and easter eggs. And there haven't been real love triangles other than Matsuri and Himeko

joined Jul 7, 2016

I stopped being able to tell what was going on many chapters ago. Too many new characters suddenly dumped in, half of them look the same so you never know who is who.

I don't even remember the rapey teacher fiance. I think I'll just wait until it's done to try rereading it. Maybe it'll make more sense if not spending a month or more between each chapter.

last edited at Oct 21, 2017 6:26PM

TifalovesAerith
joined May 7, 2017

Citrus always ALWAYS DELIVERS THE DAMN DRAMA, so sick of this super overrated crap

Tumblr_inline_oxf1gj0pl71rjsbp5_400
joined Jun 23, 2017

Citrus always ALWAYS DELIVERS THE DAMN DRAMA, so sick of this super overrated crap

Damn! how dare people loves something that you don't like. How preposterous!

I don't even remember the rapey teacher fiance.

Was he? He just kissed her, perhaps a bit forcefully. He was a cunt, but I don't there was any risk of rape. Even if she didn't like it, Mei was giving her full consent (she was ready to make the sacrifice).

last edited at Oct 21, 2017 7:08PM

Download202001sdsfsfdsfsdfdsfdsfs02154639
joined Apr 18, 2016

Woof. This was a stupid twist, layered over unfinished art. Like the author just said, "screw this, I don't even care anymore, have my rough draft."

F6027a7c125b156932db27aa264cfb2a
joined Jul 3, 2015

I swear this story has literally gone nowhere since Mei has moved in...

joined Dec 19, 2016

What's with this chapter and the rough draft art?

Lalala Ñañaña
Aaaaaaaa%20(1)
joined Oct 6, 2015

The café / villa owner seems to be the new fiancé if he had to take that out of place phonecall. Assuming we've actually seen his real self (kind) and how he must've figured out Mei and Yuzu's relationship one way or another, isn't this actually a nice turning point? Since there's a high chance he'll find a way that those two can be together.

I think you're right. Also, I'm glad we got to know a bit more about the supporting characters, and I'm glad we got some drama, instead of your typical "We went on a trip with friends, stayed in a room alone together and fucked. The end."

Img_0840
joined Jun 2, 2015

Dafuq!!! Whaaaaaaat

1916028_1073061359394379_8287547252845901979_n
joined May 1, 2017

Oh my fucking god why

Img-20190201-wa0005
joined Sep 21, 2015

What the fuck saburo... She can't even finish a charter?

Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

No they aren't. The teacher was there to show the way Mei had lost any agency of her own and to allow Yuzu to make a dramatic entrance on Mei's life. Now this is a test for Mei's grow as character and one that will kickstart further development on the supporting cast.

Yes, they are. Mei, again, has lost all agency of her own and now needs Yuzu to be a bigger part in her life in order to change it. The test of her character growth is that she was caught continually lying? Looks like she already failed the test, if only they had already dealt with this exact situation a long time ago...

What parallels are there? The teacher was an actual factor where he was a villain of sorts while here the fiances are complete non-entities since the focus is on the girls' actions and not them.

It's literally a direct parallel since it's the same exact situation. Mei is once again engaged to another arranged fiance without Yuzu's knowledge and requires Yuzu to step in to save her AGAIN.

She peppered the entire story with meaningful background events, foreshadowing and easter eggs. And there haven't been real love triangles other than Matsuri and Himeko

You have got to be joking. Foreshadowing and easter eggs? Come on, please, where was the foreshadowing that Mei somehow got engaged again without anyone knowing? The fact that the mother doesn't say anything just shows that Saburouta is just pulling this out of her ass.

There have been four love triangles: Amemiya, Himeko, Sara, and Matsrui. Now here comes a fifth in the form of another arranged marriage. At this point Citrus can qualify as a harem manga with how many people are trying to get into Mei's panties.

last edited at Oct 21, 2017 8:59PM

HardcoreYuriLover
Img_20171209_233742
joined Apr 25, 2015

I like this manga even though it's a bit messy and not that wel polished. It's got some good characters and nice art. The story is also alot of fun to read for me. I would recommend anyone to just read this in one sitting because it can get a bit confusing. Still great and one of my favs! :D

Copy90_90_zpscf246422
joined Sep 18, 2014

Matsuri just gets shoved down Harumin's cleavage. And we wonder why they aren't official yet.

joined Apr 7, 2016

I don't think Citrus is "getting" overly dramatic. It was always like that, and it's pretty obvious that Citrus is one of those "guilty pleasure" stories that the reader reads because the art is nice, the characters are cliches we know and love (love to hate, in some cases), and the drama is self-indulgent. That's what Citrus has going for it, which is why it's getting repetitive for some people, but that's what it was established as to begin with.

So, let's just sit back and read what this "new" drama bomb is going to bring and indulge in this guilty pleasure.

last edited at Oct 21, 2017 10:59PM

Hinataskype
joined May 26, 2011

I'm just here for the ride. I like Citrus even if it's making its rounds to be sure it checks off every drama romance cliche imaginable. It's campy and fun. hah.

Rsz_tumblr_n3y1mps9e11tr1hgao1_1280
joined Mar 16, 2017

This is the kind of series I wish I picked up closer to the end. I get so antsy with all the drama cliffhangers and it just bugs me having to sit with them for so long. I wonder how long this series will be in the long run, don't suppose anyone has any idea? I pick this back up about every six months or so because I can't just wait once I started it and I have to see at what point they are at but overtime I do I pick it up when the last chapter is a drama bomb of sorts, I just want to leave on a happy chapter note. haha I'll agree with the guy above me though about it hitting every cliche, it really seems to be doing that. xD

Gay%20cum
joined Jul 16, 2013

The quality dropped... again...
(×_×)

Mifuyu%206
joined Dec 31, 2015

This time I wish it'll be Mei solving her own problem, deciding to be true to her heart. Yuzu to the rescue is good, but we've seen that enough already...

To reply you must either login or sign up.