Forum › What Does the Fox Say discussion

Screen%20shot%202017-09-05%20at%2014.18.21
joined Feb 4, 2017

I will be posting later about inconsistencies that happened and made me sure that the story's ending has changed in the last minute.

AND I hope my guess is right.. (not that it matters now)

Capture_89_1
joined Apr 28, 2016

yoonie, think of it this way.. the silver haired lady taking off her hair band ~

OMGGGGG, dont remind me, I still swoon over that damn scene but can you link me the full one shot, lol xDDDDD. I want to read it again

Would be nice if Seju's new love interest has silver hair though. I love girls with silver hair unconditionally, lollll

anyways.. the WDTFS that I want to remember is the story that started from ch1 to 91.

Is there an exact day of releasing for the spin off? I need to bookmark it on my calendar xDDDDD

two months from now.. late November ~ December

Haizzzz, I wish they gave us an exact day soon. I want to bookmark the date, lollllllll.

Capture_89_1
joined Apr 28, 2016

I will be posting later about inconsistencies that happened and made me sure that the story's ending has changed in the last minute.

AND I hope my guess is right.. (not that it matters now)

Post it xDDDDD, cause that way you and I will have a very fun argument xDDDDDD

Cause I believe the ending didnt change since the beginning BUT the details are changed and scenes got added alot, especially Seju's scenes. That's why the story got worse.

last edited at Sep 18, 2017 11:45AM

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

To me it was clear right from the beginning that Sungji was the one that Sumin would end up with. If they changed something, it was Seju's importance throughout the story, to extend it more.

joined Jun 23, 2017

I'm excited for the new story actually. :)

I won't read into it as much, but I'm hoping it will be entertaining at least.

joined Feb 4, 2017

check your Discord, Yoonie

I love girls with silver hair unconditionally, lollll

we love you back, yoonie XD

Post it xDDDDD, cause that way you and I will have a very fun argument xDDDDDD
Cause I believe the ending didnt change since the beginning BUT the details are changed and scenes got added alot, especially Seju's scenes. That's why the story got worse.

I love juicy arguments .. but the reason why I feel there is a change, is because of the sudden inconsistencies.. not only in the incidents but also in characters' behaviour

last edited at Sep 18, 2017 12:10PM

joined Aug 29, 2015

To me it was clear right from the beginning that Sungji was the one that Sumin would end up with. If they changed something, it was Seju's importance throughout the story, to extend it more.

Is anyone really surprise with the endgame couple? I don't know how many times TG overtly show that Sumin doesn't want to be romantically involved with Seju anymore.

Sungji is a very good example of a one-dimensional character. so I don't really think that a dork/charmingly cute type character like Norae/Yuzu will end up like her. but since Seju is the flirty type, a tsundere character wouldn't be so bad as her new love interest.

joined Jun 6, 2016

honestly in reality,
going back working in your ex company, so you can meet your new gf in same office as you and your ex is kinda absurd ending. Does anyone here object about this? I prefer if sungji and sumin would left the company and stay far away from seju.... for godsake.

even I accept that sungji is the one for sumin since the beginning, what makes me wonder is how sumin is so attached to sungji? really weird...

Afterall,I conclude that wdtfs is just a simple romance story, a cliche standard korean drama..... that has charming side character (antagonist) who steal the spotlight. so 7.5 / 10

the delusional fan theory here is good, but only a delusion... TG never thought like that

last edited at Sep 18, 2017 12:32PM

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

Hmm I wouldn't say tsundere would be good for Seju, because it kinda sounds not mature enough for her.
I'd say someone like the assasin would be a good match imo. Gotta have some dark side to her too, not too innocent

Afterall,I conclude that wdtfs is just a simple romance story, a cliche standard korean drama..... that has charming side character (antagonist) who steal the spotlight. so 7.5 / 10

Lol I was thinking of rating wdtfs too. Mine would be 7/10.
The characters were good and consistent enough, as well as the plot flow was natural and not some forced typical drama, but it lost points from the main couple's development.

last edited at Sep 18, 2017 12:32PM

joined Aug 29, 2015

Hmm I wouldn't say tsundere would be good for Seju, because it kinda sounds not mature enough for her.
I'd say someone like the assasin would be a good match imo. Gotta have some dark side to her too, not too innocent

well, everyone does have a dark side except Sungji. maybe, a calm, cool and collective character but gets easily shy when someone tries to flirt with her could work for Seju's personality.

joined Feb 4, 2017

arghhhh .. I wrote a very long post and my laptop just went off on meeeeehhhh :((

joined Aug 29, 2015

honestly in reality,
going back working in your ex company, so you can meet your new gf in same office as you and your ex is kinda absurd ending. Does anyone here object about this? I prefer if sungji and sumin would left the company and stay far away from seju.... for godsake.

Sumin and Sungji never ever care about Seju's feelings to begin with.

even I accept that sungji is the one for sumin since the beginning, what makes me wonder is how sumin is so attached to sungji? really weird...

TeamBlonde isn't a well-developed canon pairing. I mean, it's a love at first sight love story and then it's all about sex, sex, sex...........a little bit of drama then sex, sex, sex......

imo, you're being generous by giving wdtfs a 7.5 rating lol the art is great but the story is meh'
even a low quality art series like More Than Friends? is a better love story than TeamBlonde but that's just my opinion.

last edited at Sep 18, 2017 12:55PM

joined Feb 4, 2017

test 1, 2 .. test 1, 2 .. oh, okay

Okay, I would like to talk a bit about the ending feeling WEIRD.. it lacks smoothness and surprising elements that Team Gaji were capable of.. at least from the way they ended the first and second arc they were truly artistic and well done. Then how they connected the end of arc 1 with the end of arc 2.. those two women are not lacking in this area.. so, the only logical thing to me is that they have changed the ending at some point.. I don't know from which chapter but I believe they did. And to explain why I feel that it has changed, I will write two posts:
1- Character inconsistencies
2- Incidents inconsistencies

Character inconsistencies:

a) Sumin:

• she left Hello Studio because she thought that being around Seju will hinder her life.. she can't do anything while Seju is next to her. Later on, Sungji offers that Sumin gets back to the Studio as TL in ch88, which then Sumin brushes off. Sumin being back to the company is either inconsistent with her character (reasonings) or is said to be motivated by Sungji's demands for them to be together 24/7. (because obviously she is not there because Seju can't find a TL !!)

• Sumin was not really super happy about the living together thing in ch90 and in ch73.. what changed now ? and HOW!.. is it all because Sumin now owns the house ? if this is the case, why doesn't it apply to the office and her job as TL as well.

• Sumin offering a house tour for Sungji in this chapter.. but didn't she already do that in ch74 !! whatsup TG, did you forget this like you forgot about Sumin's motorola razr ? XDDD
    (okay, am I overcooking this joke again?)

• Sumin seemed to be worried about Seju's eating habits, making her promise to eat lunch .. even appearing next to her bed when she had nightmares.. Sumin drove her from and to work daily.. AND YET Seju seemed to be absent and out of reach.. I can't see Sumin caring

it doesn't matter what team you are .. you can be Sungji's worshiper as much as you want, but don't you find this weird and out of the blue for someone to change their feelings of care and worry to indifference ! I mean, up to the last moment we saw Seju and Sumin.. Sumin still opens up to Seju, yet she doesn't seem to ask where she is!.

b) Sungji

• following the living together matter, she knows that Seju owns the house that Sumin lives in back then at least, she never cared to ask.. and actually she had the nerve to insist on living in that particular place when she was able to ask Sumin to move the FUCK OUT instead.. argh!.. I thought this was for Sungji to replace Seju's presence in Sumin's mind.. but meh!

• in ch70, you know that Sungji saw Sumin being topped by Seju and she even wanted to see Sumin's face like that again.. see this side of Sumin.. she had the chance to do it again or at least talk to Sumin about their weird sexual encounters.. but nada ! at least at least.. the time when Sumin ruined the whole thing and was acting weird in ch81 !! For God's sake Sungji.. !

• she seemed to witness a lot of interactions between Sumin and Seju but never once asked what was going on, but got severely drunk in ch85

• she broke up with Sumin in ch90 saying that she wanted to talk to Sumin about the moving in thing.. this is not true.. anyone who has access to the translation and the officials KNOWS that Sungji wanted to talk about Seju's and Sumin's situation.

• Sungji made a decision in ch90 based on her insecurities among other things... what DID SUMIN PROVIDE HER to fix this issue ?? I am at lost !

• Sungji said in ch90 that she knows that her personality makes her easily being used by others.. then ?? what happened about that !

• She said that she doesn't need to forgive Sumin, she even keeps imagining Sumin being intimate with Seju.. where did that go really ? how was that resolved.. did I miss the panel where they talked this out?

I can't say much about Seju.. because she just left.

last edited at Sep 19, 2017 3:00PM

Img_20150911_005715
joined Sep 10, 2015

^^it's sad how the story came to an end, leaving all these questions behind hanging. But hooray! As long as team blonde wins, who really cares about these stuff. Haha where did the quality go? It really has a lot of potential. And now a sequel. Hope they won't fuck it up like this. </3

joined Feb 4, 2017

Incidents inconsistencies:

In this part, I will try to make it as short as I could.. before ch90, details played vital roles in predicting characters actions and even the accurate timeline made it possible to guess exactly when Seju's birthday was.. these details were carefully laid out 30 chapters a head before being employed again. For that, I can't believe that the recent things mean NOTHING.. it makes more sense to think that the ending itself changed in the last moment.

• Ch44, we know that Seju's father planned for Seju and Sumin to leave the country to the U.S. we also know that he offered Sumin a part of the inheritance, place to stay and a job.. Sumin DIDN'T decline, in fact she almost talked about it to Seju informing her that she should be ready for this ch62. After that, Sumin never really looked for a job or anything.. why ??.. TG established that Sumin respects the chairman so much back in ch5 and again in ch27 and ch 38.. (I am about to lose my mind over this btw ).. If Sumin was to refuse this, she could have done it when she was on her anger peak at Seju.. not just make the whole thing disappear as if it wasn't mentioned before. Come to think of it, what was the point of TG showing us Saehyun talking about Seju's mother death to Sumin instead of just implying that Sumin knew somehow.. that's more fluid, don't you agree?

• In fact, if the ending was originally planned to be for Sungji and Sumin, ch74 was more than enough to establish that Sumin and Sungji are together, things won't end the way Seju wanted it to end, and Sumin buys the house, Sungji lives with her (U-haul).. Sumin says her goodbyes to Seju. (anything after that doesn't add to Seju much more to Sumin and Sungji because it really didn't given what happened in ch92)

• For each arc, the banner design reflected subtly how an arc ended or went like.. for this banner, the story drifted so much from it.. it has no value now.

• flashbacks.. every flashback in this arc.. starting from how Sumin remembers her broken promises to Seju in ch71, to how they almost got married in ch86.. what's the meaning of these scenes if they weren't to justify SuminXSeju or at least show us WHY despite these deeper memories, Sungji and Sumin are a better pair.. what does it add to SuminXSungji ?

• why did we have to see sexual tension between Sumin and Seju, ch 57, ch 77, ch78, ch79, ch86 ?

• You have Sumin who is not sure if she really gave her heart to Sungji in ch51, admitting her love to Seju in ch50, 54, then not doing much to convince Sungji to take her back (even Sungji commented about that) .. then a Sumin who ruined her date with Sungji to pick Seju up in ch81.. to her lame reasons for loving Sungji in ch85 ..

• Arc 3 went soooo much on fracturing Sumin's relationship with Sungji.. while bringing Seju and Sumin together from ch74 inward.. If you doubt this, take a look at how Sumin reacted and how her treatment changed towards Seju while how she started to even hide more information from Sungji and lying to her many many times. (I know about the delusional jokes about me, but these are things I saw and read.. many many times, over and over)
    many many scenes.. I will be adding in later..

Team Gaji had all the time to shift their ending the way they wanted.. they could've even added more depth and connections between Sumin and Sungji.. they could've done that in a chapter or two.. they are able of that, what happened ? Now we ended up with a shallow couple, not different from what they were when they only have dated for a 100 day!! highschool sweethearts to be exact.. why ?

All the wedding's panels could've been ignored totally (same as to what they've done to the father's will) and instead made a meaningful scene between Sumin and Sungji

The most meaningful talk that Sumin and Sungji EVER had took place in ch51
when every talk between Sumin and Seju, NO!!.. between Sungji and Seju was MUCH MUCH more meaningful !!!

WTH, seriously .. what happened and when did that all happen ? why

last edited at Sep 18, 2017 7:30PM

joined Jun 23, 2017

Nora89

Ch44, we know that Seju's father planned for Seju and Sumin to leave the country to the U.S. we also know that he offered Sumin a part of the inheritance, place to stay and a job.. Sumin DIDN'T decline, in fact she almost talked about it to Seju informing her that she should be ready for this ch62. After that, Sumin never really looked for a job or anything.. why ??.. TG established that Sumin respects the chairman so much back in ch5 and again in ch27 and ch 38.. (I am about to lose my mind over this btw ).. If Sumin was to refuse this, she could have done it when she was on her anger peak at Seju.. not just make the whole thing disappear as if it wasn't mentioned before.

Yeah... so... I'm still wondering what happened there.

All the wedding's panels could've been ignored totally (same as to what they've done to the father's will) and instead made a meaningful scene between Sumin and Sungji

They definitely could have, but the "what does the fox say?" tie in at the end there makes me think that the ending was meant to be Sumin and Sungji from the start.

Thus making it more confusing. XD I guess it could just mean poor planning?

Bubblesxx
joined Mar 22, 2016

Oh well. Another interesting story but the ending just doesn't fit this story :/ From so called "healing" I too was at first hoping for "true love conquers all" and through the story I became sure it would bring Sumin back to Seju. With overcoming their lack of communication, excepting their flaws, ending the toxic relationship and finally putting the past behind and starting over. Not just going back to how it was before the cheating but knowing that all they went through means something and is worth another chance.
But instead I saw a hurt Sumin that got overly vengeful torturing Seju for 10 years then finally admitting she still loves her but ofcourse it was easier to totally bury and run away from those emotions to a teenager like relationship where everything can be solved by sex and the partners don't really know each other in depth. Sumin/Sungji were not together for long but still their relationship was just shallow more than anything else. More like a fling than a "proper" relationship even in a short time.
All of the three have their flaws, did bad, rushed or stupid things. Nobody is a saint. I thought that with Sungji , Seju /Sumin toxic relationship would end and they would slowly become friends again. Sumin/Sungji would seem happy but Sungji would realise Seju will always be more than a good friend.They break up but Sumin doesn't go back to Seju..Then maybe a time skip of one year Seju/Sumin still working together , we learn that Sungji quit after breakup, Seju/Sumin go on a friendly trip together and it brings back all those strong emotions and they give it another chance :) That would be nice.
Ofcourse TG blew it all. So many WTF moments and inconsistencies in the story. For what ? :/ Where is the shocking plot twist ? Did I miss it somewhere ? >:/ Must be great living in a house full of memories of your ex and again working with your GF for your ex rubbing your happines in her face everytime she sees you. Kind of masochistic :/ . The plot twist would be Sungji at the wedding telling Sumin what is really in Sumin's heart - Seju. And that she should be true to herself no matter how hard it might be. And after some time Sumin and Seju would meet again. But this was total dissapointment. Whatever the ending couple this should be done in a better way. And reading the story even with the slight interest it does seem a bit that the ending was not intended like this and was perhaps changed towards the end of the story.
Cheating is the biggest no no in a relationship.I know how it hurts and can push you into pure hatred. The circumstances though can make it worse or in rare cases less bad. Here I think it was "blown up" way too much.

Ok I vented :) Didn't say nothing that wasn't already said many times before but I just had to let it out.
Nora89 I totally feel you and share your frustration . Life goes on and so do we :)
I really hope the spinoff will bring some good closure for Seju. She deserves happiness the most <3

Capture_89_1
joined Apr 28, 2016

I rated wdtfs 6.5/10 xDDDDDD

Its a cliche romance story so I give it a 5, the average point for the main story XDDDDDD. 1.5 additional point is for them to develop an antagonist that makes the story interesting till the end. So overall 6.5/10. The main couple story is so so, we could see this couple a lot in other stories and tbh, the main couple's development didnt get executed as well as many other couples.

WDTFS got famous mostly because of a too interesting antagonist (Seju ) and make readers fight over her and the protagonist (Sungij), This is their plus point, building successfully an antagonist that makes people love her so much and understanding her stories. The antagonist is the plus point as well as the brightest point in the story

The minus point is the protagonist (Sungji). She couldnt shine through the antagonist. In fact, she got shadowed by her for many readers (this forum for example). Her character is not very special, typical protagonist, cute, innocent, angelic character. Nothing is special. And her character got excuted badly in the end, making her look like an inconsistent character who said one thing but did the total opposite. To me, Sungji is their big minus point

6.5/10

joined Jun 6, 2016

Sumin and Sungji never ever care about Seju's feelings to begin with.

And that makes sumin character inconsistent... She supposedly should care about her, she was her only family member left. And this makes sumin characters looks dumb because she is like a teenager who fall in love for the first time, experiment with sex and a lot of sex with the lover..(when she is not) Gosh what a shallow pair wdtfs is! She makes sumin a perfect lover for sungji... But doing an awful job for other things.

imo, you're being generous by giving wdtfs a 7.5 rating lol the art is great but the story is meh'

7.5 because I keep in mind that if I like the main pair, maybe I would like the story more. I don't know how I feel about the winning couple.

like everyone has said here... Sumin characters has been a hella stupid and inconsistent lately...

Why she doesn't ask sungji why she left her
Why she accepted right away to live in with sungji... Hello... She has been hesitant about it... And with only 1 chapter all the insecure feeling of sungji, the hesitation of sumin, etc are clear.

Like the story flow like that because it is forced and this makes the story unnatural.

even a low quality art series like More Than Friends? is a better love story than TeamBlonde but that's just my opinion.

Wdtfs get help with the art a lot... The story is.... Underdeveloped.

last edited at Sep 18, 2017 11:31PM

joined Jun 23, 2017

I know people are disappointed and see this story as inferior now... But I have to give it credit for inspiring discussions like these (maybe Nora was a big part of this as well).

Just looking at this forum, it is up to page 497! Other mangas or manhwas in the GL genre don't come close to it (although I don't know every single one, so there may be one that beats it out). Citrus is only on page 141 and it is one of the most popular ones out now, Pulse is on page 24, and Lily Love is on page 77.

12,403 (not including this one and counting) posts right now. The fact that this manhwa has allowed for such in-depth discussions is a feat on its own and I do not regret at all being a part of them. :)

Edit:
Well someone has deleted some posts, so these numbers are not accurate anymore.

last edited at Sep 19, 2017 12:31AM

Capture_89_1
joined Apr 28, 2016

Nora89

Like I said, Nora, Seju becomes more likeable at the end or arc 2, around the chap 30 something, and somehow I believe TG has read and acknowledge the growing interest for Seju's character.

This is the turning point. They started expanding and adding more scenes for this character. Hence making all the inconsistencies.

I agree with you. The first and second arc ended in a very consistent flow, this is planned for so long, the cheating. The arc 3 is the main problem, cause simply they added Seju too much in most of arc 3.

Everything is still pretty much consistent till the chap Sungji said "I wont let people I love get hurt anymore" and her actions after that.

They might've planned for Sungji's leaving way before the series actually started xDDDDD, but the problem is they built Seju too much and nearly perfect for an antagonist who has her bad side but got sympathy from readers and make readers compare Sungji to Seju. This is the problem. And for that, when you are making comparison between Seju and Sungji for every move both of them make, Sungji leaving become a really bad move for Sungji's character development.

Under other circumstances, another scenario, or another story, Sungji might not be criticized this much for her leaving. However, because the author wants to build a Sungji who is always "better" and more selfless than Seju, making Seju realize "I wont let my lover hurt anymore". This is the problem.

They want to show a Sungji who deserves the love more than Seju but accidentally making Sungji a jerk who left without a word for a supposed-to-be-selfless act. They want to show the special point of SungjixSumin, compare to SejuxSumin but they failed badly, though.

Reason of it? They have focused on building Seju too much and emphasizing Seju's love for Sumin too much. They want to show readers a Seju who deserve to be sympathized and loved, not hated.

I could easily point out that most of Seju's scenes in arc 3 are very useless for the main couple's story . The purpose of it, honestly, is more to make Seju's character more likeable to readers than contributing to the main couple's story. I could easily say, these scenes got added after the story began. Seju's role has grown over the course of the series. The only scene that could count as a useful plot for the main couple is Seju running out of the house.

The other scenes of Seju can be omitted to focus on building the couple's love story and make them stand out from Seju's shadow.

In conclusion,
The inconsistencies, to me, are mostly caused by Seju's own development and how the author wants to make readers love this character and understand this character, which I believe the author has done a super job, her character got lots and lots of love and there comes the side effect =))))))))))))))))))))), the main couple got shadowed by her.

last edited at Sep 19, 2017 1:25AM

Capture_89_1
joined Apr 28, 2016

Vanbun

Will you read the spin off story for Seju though? xDDDDDDD. Would like it to have got back this old group to discuss with when the story begins XDDDDDD

I give a lot of credit for the writer with Seju's developments though. Her development is really good, so the story is not that bad if we counted Seju in it. The main couple alone is a disaster.

Edit:
No, no, I take it back, because of Seju, the story got badly developed, LOL, she is the reason of it. If the main couple alone without Seju, I think, it can be peered with Citrus or FF, those stories about innocent nice girl with cool, cold girl. Not just the art.

However, I wouldnt read wdtfs without Seju, LOLLLLLLLLLLLL, I already had FF to have a fluffy couple to squeal at, LOLLLLL

last edited at Sep 19, 2017 12:21AM

joined Aug 29, 2015

I know people are disappointed and see this story as inferior now... But I have to give it credit for inspiring discussions like these (maybe Nora was a big part of this as well).

Just looking at this forum, it is up to page 497! Other mangas or manhwas in the GL genre don't come close to it (although I don't know every single one, so there may be one that beats it out). Citrus is only on page 141 and it is one of the most popular ones out now, Pulse is on page 24, and Lily Love is on page 77.

12,403 (not including this one and counting) posts right now. The fact that this manhwa has allowed for such in-depth discussions is a feat on its own and I do not regret at all being a part of them. :)

Edit:
Well someone has deleted some posts, so these numbers are not accurate anymore.

this thread blow up because of the fan-war between Seju and Sungji fans. I think most forum of other mangas has a more positive feedback so, it doesn't spark any debate among its readers. besides, it's the same people who constantly post and not really because a lot of members in here post on this thread.

last edited at Sep 19, 2017 2:50AM

joined Aug 29, 2015

Vanbun

Will you read the spin off story for Seju though? xDDDDDDD. Would like it to have got back this old group to discuss with when the story begins XDDDDDD

I give a lot of credit for the writer with Seju's developments though. Her development is really good, so the story is not that bad if we counted Seju in it. The main couple alone is a disaster.

Edit:
No, no, I take it back, because of Seju, the story got badly developed, LOL, she is the reason of it. If the main couple alone without Seju, I think, it can be peered with Citrus or FF, those stories about innocent nice girl with cool, cold girl. Not just the art.

However, I wouldnt read wdtfs without Seju, LOLLLLLLLLLLLL, I already had FF to have a fluffy couple to squeal at, LOLLLLL

No please don't. don't lump Citrus and FF to TeamBlonde's love story. Citrus and FF might feature a cliche couple but at least the relationship between the canon pairing on those manga/manha didn't felt forced and wasn't underdeveloped compared to TeamBlonde.

and besides when did Sumin become cool? lol

last edited at Sep 19, 2017 2:51AM

joined Jun 23, 2017

this thread blow up because of the fan-war between Seju and Sungji fans. I think most forum of other mangas has more positive feedback so, it doesn't spark any debate among its readers. besides, it's the same people who constantly post and not really because a lot of members in here post on this thread.

The way I see it, this thread blew up because of elements in the story itself. There is not much to discuss in those manhwas mentioned and many in the genre (obviously not all).

I'm just trying to be positive here.

To reply you must either login or sign up.