Forum › What Does the Fox Say discussion

Screen%20shot%202017-09-05%20at%2014.18.21
joined Feb 4, 2017

^
I got u wrong then. Sorry

joined Mar 21, 2017

^ It's all good. I can see how you could have related it to what you were saying earlier.

joined Feb 13, 2017

yoonie0104
Maybe she just doesn't want Sumin to wor'bout her. She also about to leave since she asked if Sumin hadn't known yet she was safe then.

No, the rough translation was wrong about the part where Seju talk about the last rule. This is her words: As about if I'm safe or not, I haven't known for sure yet, not how the translation is. I believe Seju would stall her leave from the house as long as possible to be with Sumin.

Sorry, I didn't see your post sooner.
Can you tell me where I can read the real translation? Thanks:)))))

joined Apr 22, 2017

Sorry if I missed the discussion on this. Did Sumin sleep with Nami, in a flashback in the earlier chapters?

joined Aug 29, 2015

isn't it ironic that Sungji is supposed to be the protagonist of the story and yet TG didn't bother to add more depth into her character.

Nora89
Team Gaji's intention of portraying Sumin as a playgirl is to make Sungji look special. which imo they failed to show/explore thoroughly. yup, Sungji is special among morally corrupt characters but its not a good enough reason why she's the fated one for Sumin. it's like any self-righteous character can stand in her place as Sumin's love interest while you can't say the same thing about Seju. although it's satisfying to know as a Seju fan (based on the story) that Sumin can have dozens of gf but she still can't replaced Seju in her life lol

and I can't root for Sungji because she has everything to gain and almost nothing to lose compared to Seju's situation where she has the most to lose and the most to gain in the story. and Sungji is still Sungji at the end of WDTFS. I didn't see any change in her.

last edited at Apr 22, 2017 4:12AM

joined Apr 22, 2017

I think sungji is right with his character like that, just because he's immature and he also has a love story that for the first time likes a woman, he just does what he likes, tries to be himself, strives to make happy sumin And happy, I think his character is not boring, I like sungji and sumin

joined Mar 5, 2017

Yeah maybe TG intended to portray Sungji's character that way to show that love is possible between a pure, innocent sungji and Sumin as the total opposite.

But imo, despite being pure and innocent, her character almost never developed from the beginning til near end. There was nothing more in her charac as everybody else mentioned other than being Sumin's gf. that's why i'm not so much invested in her since she has no story to tell.

last edited at Apr 22, 2017 6:58AM

joined Feb 4, 2017

kami-sama

Intresting points,

I agree with you
Sungji being special among morally corrupted characters is nice but not enough.. knowing Sumin's history with Sangmi (the Lawer).. but what is really special about Sungji is how she would not let go no matter how Sumin is disconnected from her.. it can be percieved as great pure love from Sungji's part, but is it ?!

What if Sungji loves "being" with Sumin for reasons other than love?..
competitiveness or braging rights that she is dating the rich team leader (as someone said on FB) or her ability to experience new and expensive things or her "common" face?!

Now, one more test to see why Sungji is so attached to Sumin, the new team leader.

The reason I'm always sceptical about her is that I still cant accept this simplicity in a major TG character.. to a point that Nammi seems more complex !
Team Gaji are concealing alot, for example:

• whether Sungji forave Sumin (she said she will give the answe later..)
  • whether she still love Sumin (remember last time she said it?.. ch38 and never returned it back)

What is it really for her to take it so far to stand on Seju's face (the owner of the company she works for) and to accept Sumin half-assed affection.
I remember Dawoon, she made Sungji feel good to a point she compares her to Sumin, but Sungji was not attracted to Dawoon to begin with.
Ch 62, contains very intresting Sungji's inner thoughts.
Now if the team leader is her ideal type, and would also treat her well (like Dawoon) , would she still fight for Sumin?
If yes, then its the pure crazy first love, Sungji is a saint XD and I will accept that result.
... .... ....
I believe the next 7 chapters will test each and every ones' feeling towards the other.
We got what we wanted from ch74, seeing Sumin experience the posibility of losing Seju, we saw the three charcters interact (even for a tiny bit).. now, next day accourding to the manhwa time is Saturday (half working day), the team leader arrives AND a weekend which means more time for the three to interact again.

last edited at Apr 22, 2017 7:02AM

joined Feb 4, 2017

Sorry if I missed the discussion on this. Did Sumin sleep with Nami, in a flashback in the earlier chapters?

They did, but it they did not match sexually. ch49 flashback.

last edited at Apr 22, 2017 7:12AM

joined Mar 5, 2017

What if Sungji loves "being" with Sumin for reasons other than love?..
competitiveness or braging rights that she is dating the rich team leader (as someone said on FB) or her ability to experience new and expensive things or her "common" face?!

Sometimes i wonder if Sungji is just inlove with Sumin bec she is pretty, rich, her boss, experienced. "characteristics of authority" maybe?

last edited at Apr 22, 2017 7:25AM

joined Feb 4, 2017

roamsl
If that is correct, then Seju already would have known that which then justifies why she insisted on hiring a female team leader and interveiwing them herself.
It will also make sense why Sungji did not get fired or resign (so we can reach this meeting between her and the TL).

last edited at Apr 22, 2017 7:34AM

Capture_89_1
joined Apr 28, 2016

This is out of place but when I read the comments, dont you guys find it ironic when as a Seju fan, you would endlessly prove to antis that she's not that evil, not that bad, not that morally wrong while on the other hand, as a Sungji fan, you would continuously prove that she's not that nice, not that pure, not that innocent? =))))))))). A complete opposite =)))))))). They sound like a match makes in heaven =)))))))))))))

last edited at Apr 22, 2017 7:47AM

joined Feb 4, 2017

^
I cant help it ever since ch. 74
XD
In my defense tho, I am waiting for a surprise from Sungji's side before judging her to be boring.
Indeed I can find justification for Seju's action easily and I understand why she does them.
The same is not true with Sungji.

last edited at Apr 22, 2017 7:44AM

Capture_89_1
joined Apr 28, 2016

yoonie0104
Maybe she just doesn't want Sumin to wor'bout her. She also about to leave since she asked if Sumin hadn't known yet she was safe then.

No, the rough translation was wrong about the part where Seju talk about the last rule. This is her words: As about if I'm safe or not, I haven't known for sure yet, not how the translation is. I believe Seju would stall her leave from the house as long as possible to be with Sumin.

Oh, I'm sorry, there is no real translation just yet. I know a little bit Korean so when I read the raw version, I could understand a thing or two. But I do need the real translation cause for an amateur like me I could understand the sentence, I cant believe the translator could get this wrong. So let's just wait

last edited at Apr 22, 2017 7:46AM

joined Mar 5, 2017

My eyes are on;
Sungji and the new TL in the next chapter. If nothing happens there, then thats it. Just Pure love.
As for seju and sumin, let's see how long they can keep the lust in check. only if sumin is lusting, that is..imo, i can't really tell if she's or not interested in seju romantically at this point

last edited at Apr 22, 2017 7:50AM

joined Feb 4, 2017

My eyes are on;
Sungji and the new TL in the next chapter. If nothing happens there, then thats it. Just Pure love.

Same thing for me

As for seju and sumin, let's see how long they can keep the lust in check. only if sumin is lusting, that is..

Sumin knows her weakness to Seju's naked body, otherwise her #1 condition would not be so important. God! Why she jumped on Seju when she was laying down and the view was not so clear from the kitchen! Half lided eyes.. really Sumin XD

last edited at Apr 22, 2017 7:52AM

Capture_89_1
joined Apr 28, 2016

now, next day accourding to the manhwa time is Saturday (half working day), the team leader arrives AND a weekend which means more time for the three to interact again.

How did you know the timeline of the story so well? When did they mention which day that day was? And I believe korean working days probably are the same with most Asian countries aka, two full days of weekend?

joined Mar 21, 2017

yoonie0104

Oh, I'm sorry, there is no real translation just yet. I know a little bit Korean so when I read the raw version, I could understand a thing or two. But I do need the real translation cause for an amateur like me I could understand the sentence, I cant believe the translator could get this wrong. So let's just wait

The problem with the rough translations is that the context of a situation can change with how things are worded. We already had some confusion at one point with one of the translations.

The real english translations are a week behind.

last edited at Apr 22, 2017 7:57AM

joined Mar 5, 2017

Sumin knows her weakness to Seju's naked body, otherwise her #1 condition would not be so important. God! Why she jumped on Seju when she was laying down and the view was not so clear from the kitchen! Half lided eyes.. really Sumin XD

Fair enough. Still i would wait for the translation in that particular scene. The context is important and i can't make out sumin's facial expression. Lusting or telling the truth

And i wish she is lusting so much she can't take it anymore and make the first move.. LOL XD
I wouldn't like seju to make any move at all

last edited at Apr 22, 2017 8:07AM

Capture_89_1
joined Apr 28, 2016

yoonie0104

The problem with the rough translations is that the context of a situation can change with how things are worded. We already had some confusion at one point with one of the translations.

I found 2 versions of this chap's translation and both are not quite good. As someone who knows korean, these translations makes me confused more than understand the situation. Such as, when Sumin said to Seju to buy a tv for her roon, Seju said "buy everything for the room, and you'll lock me up?", I want to know if I'm right or wrong but the translations make me go @_______@

last edited at Apr 22, 2017 7:59AM

joined Feb 4, 2017

now, next day accourding to the manhwa time is Saturday (half working day), the team leader arrives AND a weekend which means more time for the three to interact again.

How did you know the timeline of the story so well? When did they mention which day that day was? And I believe korean working days probably are the same with most Asian countries aka, two full days of weekend?

Simple counting, Sumin arrived on Saturday, slept with Sungji (and mentioned that tomorrow is Sunday)..
Sunday: Sungji's family finds out about them
Monday: the staff get their presents and the park talk at night.
Tuesday: Sumin and Seju talk at the office, goes home with Sungji, then later at night calls Seju to meet next day.
Wednesday: the Assasin creed.. Seju sleeps over and:
Thursday: sumin talks to Seju about the promises and goes to work in ch78
Friday: the last day u saw in ch 78.

No days in between.. the sequence showes very close incidents

Saturday: is a half office day in some korean offices from 9:00 to 13:00

Capture_89_1
joined Apr 28, 2016

Simple counting, Sumin arrived on Saturday, slept with Sungji (and mentioned that tomorrow is Sunday)..
Sunday: Sungji's family finds out about them
Monday: the staff get their presents and the park talk at night.
Tuesday: Sumin and Seju talk at the office, goes home with Sungji, then later at night calls Seju to meet next day.
Wednesday: the Assasin creed.. Seju sleeps over and:
Thursday: sumin talks to Seju about the promises and goes to work in ch78
Friday: the last day u saw in ch 78.

No days in between.. the sequence showes very close incidents

Saturday: is a half office day in some korean offices from 9:00 to 13:00

So in your way of counting, after the attack, Seju doesn't need to rest and move straight to Sumin's house? She just wakes up from her unconciousness and gets up and leaves like nothing has happened @.@. And right the next day after a nearly die event, her face look super pretty and relaxed like that @.@. And when did Sumin clean her room for Seju @.@? I seriously thought there should be a time jump for that event, for at least a week

joined Feb 4, 2017

yoonie0104

I believe Seju was refering to the 3rd condition,
Why would she put a TV in her room if she would have to be with Sumin the whole time in the living room ?!
This is how I got it.
But then I believe Sumin said: if you continue wearing that I will lock u up.
Seju: I cant even stay in my own house as I please.
( of course I used some help with google translation of the original Korean Manhwa)
Edit:
As for your question, then where did the missing day go?
Sumin has no reason to leave Seju by her own after what she saw.. Saehyun already said that they brought a doctor and nothing was dangerous on her life (btw, that converstation took place at Seju's house, notice the decor )
So I believe they went straight from Seju's house to Sumin's.. or possibly, Sumin went first and her brother dropped her by.. A room being ready may take an hour only.. a week is a bit too long. Seju did not go to a hospital.. she was not left alone
Edit: I tried google translation multiple times on the scene where Seju touches Sumin glasses, did Sumin say: Don't hate me ?!

last edited at Apr 22, 2017 8:55AM

joined Mar 21, 2017

As someone that swings more towards Sungji,(mainly in the sense that she's the only character i can get close to liking) even I'm unsure about what she sees in Sumin. But then i can't see what people see in Seju's character either. To be honest none of these girls are my type anyway, they're the kind of people i stay far away from.

Capture_89_1
joined Apr 28, 2016

As someone that swings more towards Sungji,(mainly in the sense that she's the only character i can get close to liking) even I'm unsure about what she sees in Sumin. But then i can't see what people see in Seju's character either. To be honest none of these girls are my type anyway, they're the kind of people i stay far away from.

=))))), if you put them to real life situation, believe me, I also stay as far as I could from them, the drama is just too much but they are characters from a story so it's easier to like, I guess, you read and gradually like one of them as you get used to the characters, at least, that's my case:
- I grew up reading manga and I've had countless of nice, righteous, perfect protagonists, do you know Sailormoon? I dont even like the main protagonist, aka Sailormoon herself. Right from the start, Sungji appeared to be exactly the frame I have for a protagonist I'm used to and she still is, btw, maybe even worse, cause as the story goes on, after the cheating, her way of solving the problem makes me feel like she's a fool in love, which turns me off even more, it was no where near a strong action, strong decision.
- Can you believe at first Sumin was the character I like? Look like a kid but Badass, dark past, smoking and Seju was not special enough at the beginning and she totally acted like an evil ex at that time =))))). But I guess the role Seju plays, the role when in arc 2, you're not sure she's good or bad, she's evil or just a pitiful character, that draws me in =)))))). Arc 2 is a biggest turning point where I began to hate an unreasonable Sumin in chap 49 and started to focused more on the ambiguous antagonist :). I guess I love sophisticated character :)

To reply you must either login or sign up.