Forum › What Does the Fox Say discussion

joined Mar 21, 2017

Yeah i just though dining table since they were eating when she was thinking about it.

last edited at Apr 20, 2017 5:07AM

Screen%20shot%202017-09-05%20at%2014.18.21
joined Feb 4, 2017

Yeah i just though dining table since they were eating when she was thinking about it.

Very possible.. since Seju as well was not eating properly that moment
I just hated how unnecessarly ambiguise her thought was

last edited at Apr 20, 2017 5:14AM

joined Mar 21, 2017

It's just a thought she's having even though it feels irrelevant to the plot i think.

Don't think it's something to really analyse lol.

last edited at Apr 20, 2017 5:26AM

Capture_89_1
joined Apr 28, 2016

I personally noticed that this dazed Seju has been going since a few chaps before not just this chap. Last chap, when SungjixSumin was talking, I believe Seju has heard them but stayed silent and seemed to be in thought. The morning after when she woke up. The chapter before she got attacked, when she was on the phone with Sumin, when Sumin said she doesn't care, her facial expression was also a little dazed, when she called Sumin to her hotel, she sighed and thought about her brother's warnings. That's the only time author gives us what she's been thinking, about her being in danger. I personally think this is whatever the author is hiding and dropping hints here and there about this Seju would be one last drama for the trio and what is inside Seju's head would probably be revealed in the last chap of the story. Just like arc 2.

last edited at Apr 20, 2017 5:31AM

joined Feb 4, 2017

^
if anything, I would like to see Sungji being the one who takes the decision of staying or leaving without Seju interfering.. and if Sumin was to take her lusting on Seju any further, that Seju would be the one to decline it unless Sumin starts over with her cleanly.
Seju indeed planned this new team leader meeting thing.. she seems to be a couple matching master ! let's see how this one plays out.
there is a very nice discussion in the FB group lead by Arriane Alter, I personally enjoyed it.. and I hope you do.

last edited at Apr 20, 2017 5:56AM

joined Mar 5, 2017

Some of the translations are obviously vague so I was focusing a little bit with the body language and wait for the official trans.

Thanks guys for your opinions.

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

Who is this girl in your avatar? Looks soo cute XD

It's Seju. :'D kd, it's An Onoya from a webtoon called Relife. The cutest character is Hishiro though. :D

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

there is a very nice discussion in the FB group lead by Arriane Alter, I personally enjoyed it.. and I hope you do.

Could you summarize that discussion into one line or two? I'm curious.

joined Feb 4, 2017

Could you summarize that discussion into one line or two? I'm curious.

you sound like a teacher hehehe XD

it went through some good points on how the last chapter went, some discussed clues on what Sungji likes about dating Sumin.. a little then of course some body language clues

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

I see. Those topics are rarely discussed here, I would say. The discussion here is more about Seju. :D

Btw, what does Sungji like about dating Sumin?

Capture_89_1
joined Apr 28, 2016

I only read her first comment and she gave one heck of detailed talk about the new chapter and I quite agree with her pov about all three characters =)))), she even noticed some small details like Seju's dinner, Sumin's actions. Quite good =))))

joined Mar 21, 2017

The discussion was interesting but i'm a bit wary of in-depth analyses of unfinished work.

last edited at Apr 20, 2017 7:25AM

joined Feb 4, 2017

sia ue

sometimes it gets repetitive if one discusses Sungji a lot as her character grows very slowly and has not so much going on in her back ground. I respect her character and would love to see her surprising me.. anytime soon

yoonie0104

I only read her first comment and she gave one heck of detailed talk about the new chapter and I quite agree with her pov about all three characters =)))), she even noticed some small details like Seju's dinner, Sumin's actions. Quite good =))))

I loved it so much.. this Manhwa is so crazy in its details !!.. and finally saw FB posts that are nice and matured.

last edited at Apr 20, 2017 7:55AM

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

To me Seju knows her romantic relationship with Sumin is over for good this time and is just taking advantage of their current situation to tease Sumin.
She is obviously sad for both their relationship and as well worries about her dad. This is why she has lost her appetite and doesn't eat.

It seems she has accepted this fate, that's why she doesn't do any real move on Sumin, but still enjoys the moments they are together.

I don't know about facebook discussions about Sungji, but honestly I don't think we can analyze her character in depth for sure. There are no real clues as to what she feels. Every little detail on body language etc is just readers assuming what she probably feels , or even what she is supposed to feel.

Capture_89_1
joined Apr 28, 2016

This is my conclusion from this chap for all 3 and I need answers in the next chaps:
- Sumin is too protective for Seju, more than I could imagine she could, yes, she should be worried but to the point of only calling out her name but got no answer and she's already panicked, plus the whole driving thing. Seems Sumi is more afraid than I ever thought, VERY afraid she could lose Seju. So what does that leave us?
- Sungji is super insecure about SejuxSumin. Funny because it contradicts with what she said about things would change at the end of arc 2. I thought she has stopped feeling insecure from that moment on. She even make an attempt to make Sumin jealous by talking about new team leader. Seem like SuminxSungji is not as strong as I thought?
- About Seju, even though she's my favorite, I can't quite understand what's going on with her. The dinner thing, the teasing and flirting. It's still the flirting Seju but it's not, she's with Sumin nowadays is more casual, more normal, it's no longer intense, no longer painful and toxic, sometimes like enemy, it's so light, almost like old friends, I don't see the toxic or anything from before in their interactions and I think Seju is making it that way but why?

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

sometimes it gets repetitive if one discusses Sungji a lot as her character grows very slowly and has not so much going on in her back ground. I respect her character and would love to see her surprising me.. anytime soon

Sungji is Sumin's 31st gf who is cute. That's all.

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

Yeah their relationship doesn't seem toxic anymore. After this point both parties have settled down with their emotions imo.

Sumin obviously worries that someone might attempt to kill Seju, that's why she seemed so scarred when she entered the house and Seju didn't respond. It's normal since there is a valid reason that Seju's life could be in danger.
Sumin may have moved on from Seju romantically, but that doesn't mean she stops caring about her as a person. Two people not being together anymore doesn't mean they don't love each other as a person.

Seju is sad and knows this is over imo. I don't think she plans something big to secretly screw Sumin and Sungji relationship though. nonetheless she still enjoys teasing Sumin.

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

I get that Seju has to be cool in the end because her actions are seen by many readers. In real life, you don't necessarily need to think about your image that much as whatever you have done to your love triangle would only be known by the three of you, so who care if you mess things up more? Fight to the very end, so you wouldn't regret it.

joined Dec 9, 2014

Yes but relationships are not a game. If she keeps on blatantly pursuing Sumin, it's like she is forcing another person to be with someone she doesn't want to.
So she loses Sumin for good. At least now they can stay friends when thing have settled.
This would only be a naive selfish move from her that would only make thing worse.

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

What would be worse? Staying friends with your ex after breaking up is just so unnaccessary. Also, Sumin still loves Seju romantically imo, it's just that now Sumin is in love with Sungji more. Like Seju said, if Sumin wanted to leave her, she should have done it sooner than this. It's too late to lose Sumin for good imo.

joined Feb 4, 2017

^
I loved that you guys mentioned how Sumin and Seju do not seem to have the toxic atmosphere between them anymore.

this chapter is particularly special, Sumin's relaxed face as she gets home..
her excessive protectiveness of Seju to an extent that she drives her to and from work.. and cares about her eating habits.. that lusty look + Seju honest smile that we really only saw in their flashbacks.. since this Manhwa began, we never saw them act in this manner during their present time.
indeed, Sumin is being Seju's family and finally experienced the possibility of losing her.
will she feel like falling off a cliff if she lets go? and she can't live if she loses it because it is so precious to her.
as for Sungji's character, I am not sure about her decision regarding the two staying together.. she knows that it is Seju's house, she can't ask Sumin to kick Seju out and even if she does, she knows they won't cut ties or stay away from each other much.. remember, Sungji never told Sumin about Seju being sick, she was insecure back then - before even seeing them on top of each other -, can you imagine her insecurities by now?!..
but right now she is sure that they have feelings for each other still. for two arcs now we saw how Sungji deals with her insecurities.
we used to see Sungji and Sumin interact mainly at work, I do not know how their already dysfunctional communication will be affected now that Sumin and she won't meet at work and Seju is home most of the time. Now, it is no longer possible for them to hide their problems with sex.

I does not settle with me well that Sungji never said that she loves Sumin ever since ch 38, nor that she ever said anything about forgiving her let alone not wanting to call Sumin by her name or something more intimate than "team Leader- Ms. Seong"
look back at the promises Sumin made in ch71 to Sungji, compare it to the one she made in her flashback to Seju ch72.

last edited at Apr 20, 2017 6:11PM

827120df889e9ff5acd49286b2930156
joined Apr 20, 2017

Hello to everyone! I´m new into the forum and i have read some of your discussions! And i would like to participate as well it´s that´s ok with everyone. I´ve been reading WDTFS since a couple of months ago in spanish. Where i read there´re a lot of fans but little to no serious discussion about the story so i´m glad i found a topic where i can discuss, to be able to share my insights as a reader.

I want to say that i like the story cause when i first started to read, i didn´t expect what i found. I was not expecting a much honest and human lesbian story that could make eco in many people and their experiences with relationships. I want to share some thoughts about the main characters so essay ahead, lol.

I like the three main characters because they aren´t bad or good/evil or saint as we usually find in many stories...these characters are just human with strengths and weaknesses, like we all are. But i have to say my fav character is Sungji, lol, and it does make me a little bit sad you guys don´t seem to like her very much lol. I don´t know if it is because i seem, as reader, to identify with her somehow with many of her actions and what i, as reader, think it´s on her head while she acts. To me, Team Gaji have neglected Sungji as a character, because she doesn´t have as many points of view as the others and i see the three of them as main characters, not side characters. I think this might be a reason why many people think she´s bland or boring or silly...we are missing a lot from her, i believe. However, even if that´s so, i still think she´s a very important part in the story and a very human and imperfect too.

From what i see from her, she seems to be an extremely insecure young woman. In one or two chapters she talks about how often people stared at her and she hated it. As she kept on growing she kind of got used to it but still was uncomfortable, especially with all those people who wanted her and how she was unable to reciprocate the feeling. Personally, not that i´m beautiful or anything, but i have experienced similar situations of being unable to like or love someone, and believe me that i started to think there was something off or wrong with me and perhaps i still do. “Why is everybody else around me being able to be on a relationship but me? Probably I am the problem.” So, i do think she´s insecure and somehow thinks the success of her first relationship and love relies on her. If it fails, perhaps it´s because she wasn´t enough or did something wrong or wasn´t understanding enough or didn´t forgave enough. That could be why she doesn´t ask Sumin for much information, why she never asks the hard questions…she wants Sumin to open up to her by choice because she´s afraid if she pushes she will lose her. She isn´t stupid… I believe she has known from the start that Sumin wasn´t as involved in the relationship… and when Seju talks to her, not the readers or Sumin get to know about it. She keeps it to herself aware that Sumin has a past and much more experience than her. Will she ever be enough or able to compete against those memories? So she tries the hardest to make memories with Sumin, always aware of the danger and she being somehow flawed. Also, the girl is young, sometimes naïve, sometimes childish and sometimes the girls is just lost. Though it has amazed me how mature she can be as well.

Why does she love Sumin? I think it´s important the fact that Sumin is the only person she has ever liked and also the only she has felt chemistry with. I think she at first clings into that and with the time she just naturally fell in love. Sometimes people just fall in love and what they feel inside it´s strong regardless of many other issues, like the fact that she possibly doesn´t know much about Sumin, no more that Sumin has ever been willing to give her and tell her. Even though she wants to know, she´s afraid to push the only one she has ever loved away. To me, the love she feels is young and very endearing and still flawed…but she has been able to touch Sumin´s damaged heart.

Also, i´m as confused as you guys with when she said that things were going to change because she´s still insecure, now even more after the cheating. But, what if Team Gaji is hiding something from us like when they hid the talk between Seju and Sungji?! Because Seju also cut her hair, (in what I think was a sign of determination to win Sumin back), but she hasn´t done much either.

Not saying what I say is the truth or anything like that. I just wanted to share my thoughts with someone and the perspective of another reader.

I want to talk about Sumin and Seju too but I think if keep going you guys will be so bored lmaoo. So, later!

last edited at Apr 20, 2017 5:17PM

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

Hi Coco Boo. I, for one, do like reading your comment. Please keep going.

joined Mar 21, 2017

Coco Boo

That was very well put. I don't think anyone here can state their opinion as the truth, i think people here just get so passionate about the story that it comes across as such.

I like Sungji more than the other two but that's cause i can't relate to people born into wealth as easily as i feel it changes their upbringing and therefore their experiences.

joined Feb 4, 2017

Coco Boo

hello, I enjoyed your post.
as for Sungji, I can sometimes understand her and sometimes she confuses me.. fear of pushing someone away is one thing and not demanding respect and explanations are another thing.
it goes way back to when she went with Sumin in a vacation just to find herself badly treated, runs after Sumin later and not ask for apology or explanation to why she did not answer the phone ..
as their story go, the communication problem between them grows, making it hard for me to imagine a steady future for their relationship.. I also question what she finds so amazing in Sumin to accept all the hardship coming from dating her ?
go to ch 39, she hesitated to tell her friends that Sumin treats her well,
then again to ch56 she says: "you were always ready to leave me, but it was not like that for me"
ch 77, she says to Sumin: "I don't want to, but I find my self trusting you"

ever since ch24 to ch77, whenever Sungji is asked -even if indirectly- why she likes Sumin so much, guess what is the answer !

what makes me worry now, that currently her motives are more like rivalry.. she tells Seju: things will not end the way you wanted it to, now things have changed !

what does she mean exactly by "changed"!
I went through the possibility that the passionate crazy sex in ch68-69 is in fact attributed to hysterical bonding ( I guess team Gaji are well informed with non verbal cues) .. so in that case the passionate sex is driven by intense pain and the need to reclaim the partner - look at Sungji's looks and expressions- this phase does not last long before the decision phase comes, which explains why till now Sungji never gave a clear answer whether she did forgive Sumin.
don't you find it suspicious tho that Sungji wanted to move with Sumin to a house she knew who owns it and knew what history is trapped in it ?
I was used to destining my own preferences to characters from my opinions, but not very much in the last 3 chapters.. I lean to like Seju's character more now, however that does not mean I want Sumin to be her trophy, unless it is very cleanly done and justified.
so it is okay if you tell me now that I'm biased.. I am a sucker for strong sexy mysteries ladies .. add some big boobs and it is a sealed deal

last edited at Apr 20, 2017 6:09PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.