Forum › Yuri in other Media (list in first post)

Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

Kitsune Spirit

So I just discovered (I think) that Morishima Akiko is a Root x Shaw shipper. She retweed something that had one of those shipping collages with Root saying Shaw could end her anytime.

Couldn't find anything (recent tweets or back when the episode aired), I'd love a link if you've got one. She posts a lot of cat pictures, though!

I did, however, find this (completely unrelated). Seems very relevant to the interests of the people who have been waiting for years for the cell phone-only continuation to Carbonard Crown to make it online in a form or another. I was unable to find out anything more about it, and it might just be a one-shot doujinshi, but I guess that knowing this exists is a start. If anyone still cares.

That's happens when I look at stuff late at night with a bad headache. >_< It was Morinaga Milk that retweeted the images... Her and Morishima similar twitter naming styles (name and then a date for something) and I wasn't looking too closely at the kanji.

Well this is what she retweeted:

https://twitter.com/re_notaround30/status/687125035870359552

joined Jan 21, 2015

I checked the TVtropes page a while back and it was really hilarious to see people try to downplay that element. I'm glad the show had the balls to go there.

Haha, didn't see anyone trying to downplay it, just whine about it. Those people, man. Downplaying it doesn't even work because his love for Thomas is such a big part of his motivation for everything he's done.

Someone was trying to apply the "If it's you, it's okay" trope saying that he's a straight guy with an exception. Yeah, right. Whatever makes them feel better :p

That's happens when I look at stuff late at night with a bad headache. >_< It was Morinaga Milk that retweeted the images... Her and Morishima similar twitter naming styles (name and then a date for something) and I wasn't looking too closely at the kanji.

Well this is what she retweeted:

https://twitter.com/re_notaround30/status/687125035870359552

Got it, thanks!

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Someone was trying to apply the "If it's you, it's okay" trope saying that he's a straight guy with an exception. Yeah, right. Whatever makes them feel better :p

Oh man. Rolling my eyes right now. But I guess that's what the trope is for, seeing how the trope is really stupid.

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Trish and Jessica? Shipped.
Watched two episodes and it's an amazing show.

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

Trish and Jessica? Shipped.

The end, which has probably no gay meaning, is just fabulous if you ship them

I know my heart skipped a beat

joined Jan 21, 2015

Oh man. Rolling my eyes right now. But I guess that's what the trope is for, seeing how the trope is really stupid.

I like reading TVtropes, but sometimes the temptation to headdesk is strong. When I read the character page for No Game No Life, it looked like someone really wanted to make sure that no one thought that the subtext between two of the girls meant anything because every other entry mentioned their "mother-daughter relationship".

I've been on a fantasy kick lately and one book that stood out to me is Chronicles of Osota: Warrior by Michelle Magly. It's a self-contained story, but the end teases a sequel (that hasn't come out yet). It's a quick read and it didn't seem particularly formulaic to me, but I don't have much experience reading fantasy novels, especially mainstream ones (Read: not about lesbians. Because what's the point?).

I also finished my playthrough of Dragon Age: Origins (a few years late) and it seemed to me that maximum emotional investment would be achieved by romancing Morrigan, which you can only do if you play as a man. I like Leliana though. The DLC about her past does a great job of showing the kind of person she was when she was younger and why she changed.

I've started playing Dragon Age II and I'm torn as to who I should romance, the cute blood mage or the sexy pirate. I think I'll put it off and stick to killing things while I try to decide.

Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

Mod the game and you can romance morrigan as a girl.

joined Jan 21, 2015

I know, but I can only imagine the massive pain in the ass it would be to get the sequels to acknowledge the romance in-game. I might get a mod if I ever want to go back and play it a second time. And there's the question of the Old God baby... Although I'm sure people have found workarounds for that, too. The modding community is hardcore.

I like that every romance option in DA II is for both genders. Shame they went back on that for Inquisition.

joined Mar 25, 2013

I know, but I can only imagine the massive pain in the ass it would be to get the sequels to acknowledge the romance in-game. I might get a mod if I ever want to go back and play it a second time. And there's the question of the Old God baby... Although I'm sure people have found workarounds for that, too. The modding community is hardcore.

I like that every romance option in DA II is for both genders. Shame they went back on that for Inquisition.

I would've liked to see Cassandra for the female LI. Granted there's an anime movie about her and her dead lover (or at least how they got to be), but still. I chose Merrill when I played the second game. She's really sweet, I almost chose Isabela but I got spoiled by accident what happens later and I avoided her.

I also like Leliana because she's crazy, though Morrigan's snarkiness is also pretty fun xD Kind of a shame that she makes such a big impact just because she can have that kid with a male MC. But I guess that's the way it goes huh?

last edited at Jan 19, 2016 9:54AM

Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

Merrill is my favorite too. I wonder if DA 4 is going involve the old god baby. I don't think it's been mentioned since.

joined Mar 25, 2013

Merrill is my favorite too. I wonder if DA 4 is going involve the old god baby. I don't think it's been mentioned since.

In Inquisition it's a pretty big deal, but at that point it's not a baby it's a kid.

last edited at Jan 19, 2016 10:06AM

joined Jan 21, 2015

I chose Merrill when I played the second game. She's really sweet

I know, right?!? I had to take a minute to compose myself when we encountered one of the big scary Qunari and she said she wanted to tickle him. But Isabela is awesome and from what I've read every romantic relationship hits a snag at some point... Back to hitting people for now I guess.

Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

MERRILL FTW!!

Untitled
joined May 8, 2013

I tried to want to romance someone different.......but Merill is too sweet and I can't resist.

Have to give Bioware some credit...they do make the romance choices accessible to a variety of tastes and they make them fairly believable for a video game.

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Her Story

Her Story is a 6-episode new-media series that looks inside the dating lives of trans & queer women as they navigate the intersections of desire & identity.

joined Mar 25, 2013

I know, right?!? I had to take a minute to compose myself when we encountered one of the big scary Qunari and she said she wanted to tickle him. But Isabela is awesome and from what I've read every romantic relationship hits a snag at some point... Back to hitting people for now I guess.

Heh, the thing with Isabela is a little more than a snag xD

Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

I liked Isabella's looks, sexy pirate woman, who could resist? But When presented with the cuteness sweetness of Merrill it's really hard to want to chase someone different on another playthrough.

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Watched 2 episodes of Her Story now and it's shaping up to be one of the best webseries I've ever seen. Really genuine and realistic. I definitely recommend everybody to take a look at least.

joined Mar 25, 2013

I don't think anyone has mentioned Freeheld http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1658801/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1
Stars Julianne Moore and Ellen Page as the main characters and couple. It's a really good movie and is more or less a biography. Steve Carell is also in it, for those who are fans of him.

Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

This doesn't have yuri in it (except a small tiny mention in ep 8), but Broad City is probably one of the funniest shows I have ever watched. You guys should watch it. :)

joined Jan 21, 2015

Watched 2 episodes of Her Story now and it's shaping up to be one of the best webseries I've ever seen. Really genuine and realistic. I definitely recommend everybody to take a look at least.

Her Story sounds pretty amazing. Although I strongly recommend staying away from the comments section of the article Afterellen published about it. Fuck people, seriously.

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

^Read those already, that's where I found out about the series. It's really sad, at least the one I've read.

joined Jan 21, 2015

Afterellen's comment sections are a great example of bigotry within the LGBT community. Assholes usually get smacked down, but the fact that they're there in the first place is depressing.

Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

The TERF's? Yeah those people are no better than the loony religious folk.

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Finished Kiss Her I'm Famous and it's pretty good, second season especially. Also best ending ever.

Found out about Girl/Girl Scene which is apparently The L Word but "not as glamorized and consciously so" and " far more reflective of the reality of life as a lesbian than it's more sensationalized counterpart". Haven't watched it yet, it has 3 seasons I think, and seems to be pretty well regarded.

Also found out that a tello Films abo might be worth it, seems like there are a lot of lesbian webseries there. Just on the front page there is Maybelle under recently added and Dagger Kiss coming up soon (airing starts valentine's day). Fantasy and Romance. I'm just saying.

To reply you must either login or sign up.