Forum › Yuri Squid: Hero Inkling and Octoling discussion

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

The octogirls have eyeshadow under their goggles according to some character design art from Nintendo. My guess is that the older pics were done before that bit of info was revealed.

This is the answer ^

Unbenannt
joined Dec 7, 2014

I have a reason to buy a WiiU now

Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

this page 6 version was just recently uploaded on /u/, looks much better
http://imgur.com/YaDiR3N

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

Translation doesn't seem as accurate as the current one, though.

Why the "eyeshadow"? Why can't the baby be their child? O_O
I'm suuuper clueless about this squid ink game XD

The baby thing is based on some Japanese word mashups.
In Japanese:
"Tako" = Octopus
"Ika" = Squid
"Luka" = The vocaloid called Luka Megurine

Squid girl was telling octopus girl that it couldn't be their child because it was a "TakoLuka" (Octopus-Luka Megurine) and not a "TakoIka" (Octopus-Squid).

I'm not sure about the eye shadow, but you'll notice that her eyes also change color, so it may have something to do with her getting colored contacts. I think she was trying to match squid girl by having green eyes with black around them.

Oh i see... So the baby is a Luka thing cuz it got the same hair color and hairstyle like the vocaloid gurl too? I guess it can't ne helped, that octa gurl is CRAZY for squid-chan i guess... XD

Thx for the helpful reply! ;D

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

eromame still at it, love it.

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

Oh i see... So the baby is a Luka thing cuz it got the same hair color and hairstyle like the vocaloid gurl too? I guess it can't ne helped, that octa gurl is CRAZY for squid-chan i guess... XD

Thx for the helpful reply! ;D

Luka is sometimes depicted that way, think it's related to one of her song. So it's not really eromame making it up, but using an existing vocaloid representation of Luka to make his joke here. ^^

14 & 15 are the same page?!

Copy90_90_zpscf246422
joined Sep 18, 2014

Luka is sometimes depicted that way, think it's related to one of her song.

Somebody made a joke that Megurine Luka's hair looks like an octopus and drew as such. It has since then spread.

joined Mar 25, 2013

Wow, quite a lot has been added. Inkling the playa xD

Eromames art style is so damn cute~ c:

To reply you must either login or sign up.