ForumNews Volunteer Yuri Scanlation Army Unite!!!

AudioErotica
Payapaya Scans
joined Nov 14, 2010

SERIES LIST UPDATED 6/4

As many of you may know quite a few of the yuri scanlation groups are struggling with a staff shortage of some sort and projects are having to be dropped or put on hold.

I am in the process of trying to get editors for the series that were dropped or are in danger or being put on hold/dropped. Several of the translators have given me their scripts so it is not a lack of translated chapters it is a lack of dedicated editors willing to see a series through to completion. (However translators are always welcome!)

If you are an editor interested in editing one of these series or your group wishes to pick up a series please contact me about the completed but unedited scripts (these translators have worked hard and I do not want to see their hard work go to waste).

I am also willing to work with anyone to get yuri releases out so if you are a group or independent scanlator lacking raws, translators or editors please let me know and I will be happy to assist in any way I can. All I ask is for more yuri releases in return!

Below is a list groups and their series that still need editors:

Tranquil Spring: tsadmin@tranquilspring.com (Looking for Chinese and Japanese translators)
Weis Frau
Mikarun X
R-18 (needs translator & editor)

Dynasty: Casusby@gmail.com
Nanaki!!
Otome wa Boku ni Koishiteru
Yoake Mae Yori Ruriiro na
White Album
Hakobune Hakusho (willing to pick this back up if they find a translator for it)
Konohana Link
Marriage Black
Cassiopeia Dolce
I Want to Be Honest

Payapaya: audioerotica@payapaya-scans.com
Assistant Denki Keika (editor found needs a translator)
Zettai Shoujo Seiiki Amnesian (editors found, needs a JPN or CHN translator)
Comic Lily and Comic Lily Plus Magazine one-shots (needs translators and editors)

Lililicious: erin.sub@gmail.com
Applause
Dream Message
Kools
Love DNA XX
Maria-sama ga Miteru
Cat's Eye Hall
Reijin na Hito
Yurimm Fairy Tales
Candy
Endless Room
Green
Hana no Asuka-gumi!
Hana to Hoshi
Renai Manga
The Rows of Cherry Trees
Selfish Juliet
Solfege
Sore ga Kimi ni Naru
Tandem Lover
Yuri Danshi

One-shots with their difficulty rating (this is a great place to start editing):

Graffiti (YH18, by Furutsuji Kikka): easy
Hana Saku Uraniwa no Densetsu by Hakamada Mera (from Sayuri-hime 3): easy to moderate
Pink by Ohtomo Megane (Tsubomi 2): easy to moderate
Mune no Honoo by Miyauchi Yuuka (Tsubomi 2): easy to moderate
Ookami no Yuuutsu by Mizutani Fuuka (Tsubomi 2): easy to moderate
about a girl (from Carmilla): easy to moderate
comment ca va (from Carmilla): easy to moderate
Fuyuu Suru Karada (from Phryne): easy to moderate
Hakushi (YH15, Yotsuhara Furiko): easy to moderate
Princess Princess (YH18, by Aoki Mitsue): easy to moderate
Mizufuusen (YH18, by Takahashi Mako): easy to moderate
Cosmos (YH18, by Himawari Souya): easy to moderate
Akabe Eidorian (YH19, by Fuji Tamaki): easy to moderate
Kuma-san ni Tsuite (YH19, by Tanaka Minoru): easy to moderate
My Unique Day (YH20, by Sakamoto Mano): easy to moderate
Twinkle, Little Secret (YH22, Kitabeppu Nica): easy to moderate
The Snow Princess by Mizutani Fuca (Tsubomi 5): easy to moderate
Onimaru-san no Koi by Miyauchi Yuka (Tsubomi 5): easy to moderate
Amai Namida by Saida Nika(from Girl's Love 1 (the new Wildrose)): easy to moderate
San Francisco Story (from Applause): easy to moderate
Mamagoto (Tsubomi 3): easy to moderate or moderate
Sumire-chan's Tears (YH16, Takahashi Mako): easy to moderate or moderate
"Futari no Houkago" by Kusumi Ranma (from Comic Lily 2): easy to moderate or moderate
Lunchbox (YH20+21, by Aoki Mitsue): easy to moderate or moderate
Yoimachi Gunjou Hime Ouji (YH22, Techno Samata): easy to moderate or moderate
AkogaLady wo Momi Time by Amano Shiro (Tsubomi 6): easy to moderate or moderate
Hamidashi Ongakutai by Mizutani Fuca (Tsubomi 6): easy to moderate or moderate
.traeH by Hanatsu Yaya (from Yuri Hime 14): moderate
Yuri Yuugi (YH14, Chi-Ran): moderate
Kuchinashi (YH16, Himawari Souya): moderate
Watashi to Kanojo (YH21, Minami Haruka): moderate
Pie wo Agemasho Anata ni Pai wo Ne (YH22, Sakamoto Mano): moderate
Soredemo Yappari Koi wo Suru (YH22, Uso Kurata): moderate
Bed Made Matenai! by Tanaka Rin (Wildrose 5; has a sequel): moderate
Love Made Maybe Ato Chotto by Morinaga Milk (from Sweet Lips; has some het content): moderate
The Next Theme (Sailor Moon doujinshi short from Crystal Planet's Haruka and Michiru 2): moderate
Closet (YH16, Uso Kurata): moderate or moderate to difficult
The Red Demon Who Cried "Moe!" (Yurimm Fairy Tale): difficult
Little Yuri Riding Hood (Yurimm Fairy Tale): difficult
Delivery by Houjou KOZ (from Yuri Shoujo): easy to moderate
Watashi-tachi no Mirai Keikaku by Nanzaki Iku (Wildrose 4): easy to moderate or moderate
Tanaka Chiharu's Secret Wish by Inoue Shinkai (from Yuri Shoujo):moderate to difficult
Moment Like Fireworks by Nanzaki Iku (Wildrose 6; continuation of "Sweet Little Devil"): : moderate to difficult

If any other group needs help with raws, translators or editors please feel free to make your requests here. That also goes for anyone wishing to help in anyway.

I want to take this chance to thank Casusby for allowing me to get up on this big soapbox and also…
THANK YOU TO ALL OF THE PEOPLE OUT THERE THAT HAVE DEDICATED THEIR TIME, TALENT AND MONEY TO BRING US ALL THESE WONDERFUL YURI SCANLATIONS!
I appreciate all the work y'all do and I hope to see more series get the scanlation they deserve!

MrE Edit: Wrong paste for our group, has been fixed.

last edited at Jun 4, 2011 6:58AM

joined May 30, 2011

Hi,
I'm willing to edit "I Want to Be Honest" if the script and raws are availables. How can I contact you?

AudioErotica
Payapaya Scans
joined Nov 14, 2010

Genjin wrote

Hi,
I'm willing to edit "I Want to Be Honest" if the script and raws are availables. How can I contact you?

audioerotica@payapaya-scans.com

Is there a script available for the next chapter...? Or are there any translators interested in this series?

joined Dec 30, 2010

Hi, i want to help... but i don't have much experience...
I'm willing to learn though... =)

joined Dec 30, 2010

so, if i am to take up one of the listed one-shots, i should contact lilicious or the dynasty staffs?

Payapaya Scans
joined Nov 14, 2010

You will need to contact Lililicious directly to work on the one-shots, just email erin.sub@gmail.com with the title of the one-shot(s) you would like to work on.

joined Dec 30, 2010

okay... thanx... =)

taraterrrific
joined Apr 23, 2011

I'm not really sure what all this job entails, but if its nothing too complicated I have problem helping out a bit (:

AudioErotica
Payapaya Scans
joined Nov 14, 2010

There are many tutorials and instructional videos on how to edit manga from cleaning raws to advanced redrawing online. Just search for manga editing and scanlation. Here a place to start. http://senbonzakura.kageyoshi.net/beginners-start-here/

In a nutshell the editor is the person that transforms the scanned Japanese raws and the translated script into a readable scanlation.

You are responsible for:

Cropping, rotating and leveling the pages so that each page is straight, roughly the same size and the colors are balanced (black is black and white is white).

Cleaning the pages by removing any dust spots, Japanese text and covering up the sound effects where applicable to prepare the page for typesetting.

Adding in the English text (typesetting), replacing sound effects and drawing in any other text as dictated by the script.

Saving the edited pages for zipping and releasing.

YOU WILL NEED SOME SORT OF GRAPHICS EDITOR TO DO THIS (Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro, Gimp, etc...) and lots of patience. It is time consuming to make an edit look good and with the Quality Check process you might be re-editing the same page or chapter several times to get it correct. MOST new editors quit because it is hard work! But just like anything you have to practice at to excel in, once you get the hang of it, it's quite fun!

EDITING IS NOT JUST ADDING ENGLISH TEXT TO BUBBLES. If you think this then editing is not the position for you.

Most groups are willing to work with new editors but they also expect you to understand the basics of what you need to do. The best advice I can give someone that is not sure of what they can do it is to download an editing test (use google or request one from any group) and see how difficult it is.

taraterrrific
joined Apr 23, 2011

hmm it sounds harder than I expected...but if you don't mind giving me something to practice on I am willing to learn. I have photoshop I just havent used it yet. but I have plenty of free time so its not a big deal for me to learn, i've been meaning to anyways. if you don't mind?

AudioErotica
Payapaya Scans
joined Nov 14, 2010

The best thing to do would be to contact Lililicious about working on one of their easy/beginner one-shots. erin.sub@gmail.com

taraterrrific
joined Apr 23, 2011

werd. thank you! (:

Holy crap! I've only been gone for a month and this is what happens?! I would like to help out, please! I have no idea how to editize things, though.

AudioErotica
Payapaya Scans
joined Nov 14, 2010

Updated the list! Also thanks to all the people that have offered to help!!! As you can see we still need more editors so please pick a series and apply to that group!

joined Jun 8, 2011

Hi, I'm new here.. I really don't think I can edit or do anything concerning photoshop.. I can, though, proofread or find errors in scripts (is that the same? XD).

Please let me help out if I can.. Hihi.. :)

last edited at Jun 8, 2011 3:13PM

joined Jun 1, 2011

I've only recently picked up editing, as in I only practiced with GIMP for a week and that's all the experience I have so far, but I'm willing to help if you guys are okay with newbie editors. :)

I already sent an e-mail to Casusby and Erin, safer bet to start with what you guys would deem 'easy' edits.

Wish you all luck and I hope you guys get more help :)

joined Aug 23, 2011

I'm happy to work on ANY of the series. From here on to Sept.10 I'll have all the free time in the world and would love to help out with editing. I'm not the least bit picky except I'd prefer to avoid the 18+ stuffs.

To reply you must either login or sign up.