Forum › Seeking Establishing Artists Available for Narrative Projects and Related Questions

joined Aug 7, 2018

I have finished a script for a spec project and have set aside enough to hire an established artist, assuming the US dollar doesn't tank against the yen in the near future. I have some quick questions in case anyone has commissioned a doujinshi artist for a similar project. I understand the rules for this matter are not particularly hard and fast.

1. Do you know a good site for posting a notice, or should I look through credits of manga I like for email addresses and send messages individually? I've seen recommendations for Pixiv, do the artists there do full stories or just one-off illustrations?

2. Is $250 for an inked page in a domestic setting with characters in contemporary garb (i.e. no complicated backgrounds or mechs) considered a reasonable benchmark?

3. Unthinkingly I formatted the script in Jim Zub's very western style (here's a reference for the curious: https://imgur.com/a/wz38vpz ) Is it worth looking up how it's usually done for manga and reformatting it?

4. Are boilerplate contracts for these projects available? I am told they're fairly secretive about it on a company scale. How are freelancer contracts?

5. Is Paypal popular overseas? Is another payment method popular that's available in the US that I should expect to use?

Thank you very much for your time!

To reply you must either login or sign up.