Forum › Banner question.

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

On the banners in the reader, is one of them a Vocaloid banner? And if so, do you know where it's from?

MrEngenious Admin
Puff
Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 8, 2010

It comes from one of the comics made by http://www.pixiv.net/member.php?id=174190
I highly suggest you favorite/bookmark this guy (hopefully you have a pixiv account) since he's been doing this for YEARS and is STILL GOING to this day.
Hundreds of 4-komas about the major vocaloids in a make-believe world.
If the Pixiv layout confuses you (even confuses me now since they changed a buncha stuff), the links are in English, so you can hover over them all to see the link and navigate that way.

joined Feb 8, 2011

This is the first time I am hearing the word vocaloid. I really wonder what it means. Today I searched on the internet but couldn't find the exact meaning of it. I hope that someone will help me by providing information in this regard. Regarding the link provided by MrEngenious (the spelling seems rather strange) I am sorry to say that I couldn't follow what is written. I think it is Japanese.

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

Thanks for the link! Thank god his work appears to be entirely silent! :D

MrEngenious Admin
Puff
Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 8, 2010

chang wrote

This is the first time I am hearing the word vocaloid. I really wonder what it means. Today I searched on the internet but couldn't find the exact meaning of it. I hope that someone will help me by providing information in this regard. Regarding the link provided by MrEngenious (the spelling seems rather strange) I am sorry to say that I couldn't follow what is written. I think it is Japanese.

The term "vocaloid" typically refers to the voice synthesizer programs from Japan like Hatsune Miku and Megurine Luka that have had quite a bit of popularity and fanwork. I'd say it's similar to the "touhou" series in that there has been very little story/basis for most of the fanwork that is out there today.

...and I suggest you use a better search engine (I suggest Google) since Googling "vocaloid" provides a first page that adequately informs you both with links to the technical program (thanks to Wikipedia) and images and youtube links to the actual programs themselves.

And yes, Pixiv is in Japanese. The hypertext links, however, are in English. If you hover your mouse over the links you should see the hyperlinks in English in the status bar of your browser (my browser shows it in the bottom-left). It's not going to be the most fun way of navigating, but it's doable.
If you're using Firefox, install the greasemonkey extension and you can use the developing Pixiv translation script for easier navigation instead: http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/65644

To reply you must either login or sign up.