Forum › Posts by Michan

Michan Staff
New series! 16 Feb 14:53
Page-11
Dynasty Scans
joined Feb 14, 2011

Sent it, I hope. Trying to log in again gmail wants a phone verification which I won't do for a throwaway account. So just let me know here whether you got it.

Got it, thanks.

Michan Staff
New series! 16 Feb 05:46
Page-11
Dynasty Scans
joined Feb 14, 2011

msg-ed you the link, don't know if you got it.

Didn't get it. Could you maybe e-mail it to michan.dynasty@gmail.com ?

Michan Staff
Page-11
Dynasty Scans
joined Feb 14, 2011

Will it be a cute development or plain blackmail? The suspense is killing me.

Tune in for next week/month/year's episode to find out!

Michan Staff
New series! 14 Feb 06:38
Page-11
Dynasty Scans
joined Feb 14, 2011

Great to see this was picked up. Do you still need scans for the second tank? Did those a while ago already but I didn't post them on YP yet.

Yea we do, actually. We were going to convince WP to scan them for us, but if you already have them that's much better.

Michan Staff
New series! 13 Feb 17:21
Page-11
Dynasty Scans
joined Feb 14, 2011

So we accidentally picked up a series from Yuri Project. Oops.
We're probably going to be doing the rest of the series as well after Happy Jets is wrapped up, so you can look forward to that as well.

As a sidenote, you should probably turn off the downsize option while reading this, since the pages are quite large.

On to the release!
Tora Ni Tsubasa - Chapter 1
Read Online | Direct Download

Ps. You should be following us on Twitter.

last edited at Feb 13, 2013 5:23PM

Michan Staff
Page-11
Dynasty Scans
joined Feb 14, 2011

Or so it seems. I'll get rid of it.

Michan Staff
Page-11
Dynasty Scans
joined Feb 14, 2011

Here you go

last edited at Feb 13, 2013 8:10AM

Michan Staff
Page-11
Dynasty Scans
joined Feb 14, 2011

I like being responsible for wrecking sleeping habits.
I should do this more often.

Michan Staff
Page-11
Dynasty Scans
joined Feb 14, 2011

Hello again,

Just like to voice some thoughts :)

I noticed that when I use the search function. It will only search the scans. Will it be possible to add that function in the forum? I'm trying to look for a topic but I will have to plough through the thread. :P

But if it will make the reader suffer in the backend. Its fine.

PS:
btw, what happened to Kawaii Scans?
their site is down. :(

Their glorious leader disappeared and didn't pay the bill. So for now they're just releasing straight to the reader.

Michan Staff
Page-11
Dynasty Scans
joined Feb 14, 2011

The translator/editor of the series hasn't been seen in ages. Not sure if anyone's been keeping contact, but I'll look into it.

Michan Staff
Realistic Yuri 09 Feb 13:28
Page-11
Dynasty Scans
joined Feb 14, 2011

I've already read Prism... I really hope that it will be continued (but I highly doubt it).

Tracing is pretty much death for a manga series.

Michan Staff
Page-11
Dynasty Scans
joined Feb 14, 2011

Could you please swap this with the current version on http://wiki.yuriproject.org? Somehow a typo slipped through the cracks.

Already done~

Michan Staff
Page-11
Dynasty Scans
joined Feb 14, 2011

I nearly shed a mantear reading through this for tagging purposes.

Page-11
Dynasty Scans
joined Feb 14, 2011

I found another example of redundant tags: NSFW, lots_of_sex, moderate_amounts_of_sex, hot_lesbian_sex. Now, what is the difference between lots_of or moderate? The borders are blurry, especially if it's a oneshot.
hot_lesbian_sex is a subcategory of lots_of_sex/moderate_amounts_of sex, but that also implies that a chapter that only has the two latter tags includes sex that isn't hot and lesbian. And quite frankly, I do not want to read that stuff on dynasty or at all, for that matter. I'll stick to comedy and drama.
Not to mention that NSFW (virtually always) equals sex.
Guns and explosions is a subcategory of action.
Not_yaoi should be a precondition.
The list goes on.

I hope that I don't bother you too much. It's just that changes can be chances as well and there's always room for improvement. I also hope that the text was comprehensible, English isn't my native language.

I'm still working on improving the tag database.
For your suggestions:
-The sex tags will be cleaned up, but will take some work to organize properly. NSFW is likely going to stay regardless, as not all released considered to be NSFW have sex in them.

-Not_yaoi is a joke tag tadded to a single gender bender april's fools release. http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/silky_cherry_honey

-Guns and explosions is also a specific tag for Bakuretsu Tenshi, which I'm going to leave alone for the time being.

-All of the tags and the reasoning behind them will also be explained soon through a list of some sort.

TL;DR: We're all working on making stuff better, it will just take some time.

Page-11
Dynasty Scans
joined Feb 14, 2011

Prunus Girl is up, Octave is coming tomorrow.
Stay Tuned~~

Page-11
Dynasty Scans
joined Feb 14, 2011

I submit this!

Payapaya Scans

Thanks, we'll throw it up in a bit!

Page-11
Dynasty Scans
joined Feb 14, 2011

Hello

Is it possible to add Riko to Haru ?

http://fallensyndicate.com/forum/index.php/topic,1057.0.html

There is also, if possible, Ocatve, Voiceful and Prunus girl

Thanks in advance ^^

We're likely going to wait with uploading Riko to Haru until YP finishes their version.
As for your other requests: I'm going to start uploading Octave and i've asked permission for prunus girl.
Voiceful we will not be uploading since it's been licensed by Seven Seas.

Thanks for you request~

Michan Staff
Page-11
Dynasty Scans
joined Feb 14, 2011

I would like to reiterate my point about the moderators not being NEET hawkpeople

Speak for yourself.

Michan Staff
Markdown! 01 Feb 15:05
Page-11
Dynasty Scans
joined Feb 14, 2011

HAI I'm like sooooooo EXCITED and I think this is like totally THE COOLEST THING EVER

Michan Staff
Page-11
Dynasty Scans
joined Feb 14, 2011

So, as you may have seen, the titles of scanlation groups are now displayed as a small icon.
Our plan is to have stylized icons for all the active groups, but to achieve that we'll need your (the group's) input.

You can either design your own, or we can whip something up for you if you give us some specs.

Guidelines:

• The icon should be 16px high and between 75 and 125px in length.
  • Font should be 14px tall, and a capital letter should be centered vertically in the logo.
  • Most icons will likely just be stylized text, however you're free to slap a small logo or something of the sort on there.

It would be much appreciated if you could e-mail/irc/pm/whatever us your designs/ideas.

Also, users belonging to a scanlation group can be labeled with their group, just inform us in some way if you want.

last edited at Feb 8, 2013 9:39PM

Michan Staff
Page-11
Dynasty Scans
joined Feb 14, 2011

\o\

Michan Staff
Stuff happened 23 Jan 00:42
Page-11
Dynasty Scans
joined Feb 14, 2011

Clinical wrote

[quote=MrEngenious]P.S. Uploads of recent releases will not begin until the problems have been resolved.

Is this still the case? I mean, I haven't seen much of anything new for a while, but is that because recent releases are still not being uploaded? I ask because our intrepid leader has disappeared, and our second-in-command is looking to submit stuff directly to you (since our main site is down too... sigh). If new stuff is still not being uploaded I'll tell them not to bother.

I am glad to see that you're back in any capacity, though. That was a scary few days.[/quote]

Uploading is working fine, but we're not doing it because it's incredibly slow and prone to time-outs until we move servers. (THANKS DREAMHOST)

Michan Staff
Stuff happened 13 Jan 04:51
Page-11
Dynasty Scans
joined Feb 14, 2011

GendoIkari wrote

That's quite a bit of bandwidth. Is that even with compression? Because that's about the monthly push for everything on usenet excluding alt.*. You're quite sure that's just from images and not DDoS and such because it seems like a lot even for loss less compression of images.

It's really all from images. It's what we get for not using glorious JPG compression.

Page-11
Dynasty Scans
joined Feb 14, 2011

Liichan wrote

Hi, Dynasty~!
While I can understand the desire to tweak, tune and detail the Reader, I'm a great believer in the old adage:
"If it ain't broke, don't fix it."
And as far as I'm concerned, it ain't broke (aside from the Utilization/Bandwidth issues, which are external anyway), it only needs a little TLC.
So, to that end, here's my response to the points raised:

1) No resizing issues here - never had to use the button.
2) I'm not generally a denizen of the Forums (but will use them to respond/opine if requested), so I'm not too worried about any changes there.
3) Twitter gives me the creeps - never was a fan of any of those sites.
4) I like the 'Most popular' as it is now - barring unforseen resets, it works well, and I enjoy tracking a chapter's progress.
5) I agree that input on tagging could be easily handled by the existing Forums. You are all very responsive to them, which is the real reason that works.
6) Personal item: A request for the ability to search by tags from the Recently Added page. :)
7) Personal item: A request for links to the various Scanlation Groups home pages from either the pulldown or the right-hand pane.

Overall, I have long enjoyed the simplicity, functionality and compactness (read: low click count) of the Reader, and would love to see that remain its strongest feature. As well, as I mentioned earlier, you really don't need to give yourselves any more work. What you already do is an obvious labor of love, and we're all the richer for it.

Thanks for letting me throw this out there -- for whatever it's worth.

Appreciate the feedback, and we do agree that simplicity is key for the reader.
For that very reason the new version should actually be simpler and even easier to use (More organized etc.)
We think that the changes we're discussing should impact the site for the better, although we'll make sure to take your input into consideration. Thanks!