Forum › Posts by Phemon

joined May 24, 2015

Tbh, I though plot-device-kun was a girl the entire time. I've been reading too many Yuri's where the Butch one likes to dress in boys uniform. Either that or I've gotten too used to the stigma of having next to no males in the main cast of a Yuri manga (also know as Yuru Yuri syndrome, or "404, men not found")

last edited at Feb 27, 2018 7:57PM

Phemon
joined May 24, 2015

The two passive partners was a welcome addition (opposed to the more aggressive younger one, which Mira usually goes for).
Story was a tiny bit predictable, but the scene leading up to the sex was adorable and it took this oneshot up to my 2nd fav Mira book. Earth Girls still takes the cake imo. Great work Mira!

Phemon
joined May 24, 2015

... Did Rina catch the "hewwo" meme disease that circulated a couple months ago? And what's up with the adding "poyo" to words (wassupoyo, poyoword, etc.)? I know she has a bubbly personality but didn't think she has a dialect/elocution problem...

joined May 24, 2015

I think the main reason it's leaving a bad taste is the fact that it peters out without any significant payoff. Usually Mochi's genius ends the little weird argument with something that would make one of them react comically (perhaps Kotani saying "if you really wanna check if these are your underwear, take a bath with me" or something along those lines)
Without that it's just a sicko pervert and a girl that's annoyed at said pervert
I'm gonna have to reread More than Friends? to cleanse my pallette...

last edited at Jan 31, 2018 10:29PM

Phemon
joined May 24, 2015

Do we have a tag for role reversals? Because I think this is the first time I've seen a student-teacher girls' romance where it's the student that dominates the teacher (boy student and woman teacher is a different matter).

Personally, I don't think it be possible to have a "role reversal" tag. Because so many people are different what with their personalities, background, etc., people can do whatever profession and have whatever personality they may have.

I suppose there could be a tag of "people possessing characteristics that deviate from their archetype" but that doesn't really roll off the tongue :^)

Phemon
joined May 24, 2015

I've been seeing a lot of these types of doujinshi crop up over the years (particularly centered around NanoFate)
A tissue thin plot of maybe 2 pages of why they're on the couch/bed/bath followed by mostly samey sex. I feel like I can splice one or two of the NSFW NanoFate doujinshi pages that Nanashiki has previously made into this iteration and barely anyone would notice the changes. If feels like we're going through the same motions Groundhog Day-style

I can think of a few reasons why that would be the case with NanoFate. The thing is, while the anime never explicitly describes them as lovers, it does I believe have them in an amazingly close rock-solid relationship, cohabiting, and raising a daughter together. So there isn't a ton of room for plot there--the doujin world basically considers them wife and wife because, well, they pretty much are.
I also think that, how to put it, nobody wants to inflict plot on them because everybody loves them. Plot involves conflict, difficulties, drama, tension. Nobody wants their beloved NanoFate to be having that kind of thing happen; everyone finds their deep, stable true love very comforting and wants to support it.

So stories about them tend to be heartwarming slice-of-life vanilla, whether with sex or without. You don't read (or write) them for excitement or suspense, but to feel that relaxing "Ah, NanoFate are so sweet together, at least something is right with the world" feeling.

And I agree with you. Slice of life vanilla romance is my jam. I want to find every single iteration of it on this website. But this isn't that. This is a very lame reason to get NanoFate in nightwear.
If, for instance, this doujinshi had maybe 5-6 pages of, say, Nanoha getting childishly pouty about not having new nightwear, them going out and buying new ones (perhaps Fate going into the changing room to "make sure she's alright") and them hurrying home to try them for each other, THEN we get to where this doujinshi started: I'd be a very happy NanoFate supporter
Plot doesn't always have to be dramatic. Many times it's used to flesh out characters or build context on plot points.

last edited at Jan 8, 2018 8:05PM

Phemon
joined May 24, 2015

I've been seeing a lot of these types of doujinshi crop up over the years (particularly centered around NanoFate)
A tissue thin plot of maybe 2 pages of why they're on the couch/bed/bath followed by mostly samey sex. I feel like I can splice one or two of the NSFW NanoFate doujinshi pages that Nanashiki has previously made into this iteration and barely anyone would notice the changes. If feels like we're going through the same motions Groundhog Day-style
I'm the kinda guy that likes a little more plot with my NSFW content. I'd take an actual plot that actually follows into the sex instead of a "came in half-way until they were about to do it" half-assed plot excuse this has
I'd say this definitely deserves the "Lots of sex" tag. Basically 90% of the manga is either sex or them preparing for it. Makes me think that I should never go into a NSFW doujinshi and expect plot

Phemon
Blue Method discussion 30 Dec 02:02
joined May 24, 2015

Reading the comments, I'm assuming she confessed to that one girl, got rejected, rumors spread and etc etc. Such a dumb reason to not go to school.

I have a feeling they were being kinda homophobic about it and she couldn't deal with it.

I don't get it, why would they accept her apology if they were? An apology won't make that much of a difference for her if they were bigots, besides what is she apologizing for? Being gay, or making them uncomfortable for being gay? It's honestly a bit crap, the implications set here by this one-shot are dumb. She quit the school for that reason, came back and apologized to THEM? If the Mangaka wanted her to be a smart character, then they should write her like one.

I think the author wanted to get her back into school somehow and remedy her relationship with her friends. My guess is that they had little time to tie this arc up and resorted to a half-a**ed way of sorting it out

last edited at Dec 30, 2017 2:02AM

Phemon
Image Comments 19 Dec 23:19
joined May 24, 2015
41791322_p2

All I can imagine is Peacock's face going red, her hat flying off, and comical steam coming out of her ears moments after the kiss is planted

Phemon
Yuurii discussion 03 Dec 02:50
joined May 24, 2015

Reminds me quite a lot of the Cosmos Garden (https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/the_cosmos_garden#3), another cute oneshot involving someone who befriends a "ghost"

joined May 24, 2015

I thought I recognized the artist! This is the artist of Wife + Wife! I'm honestly surprised to not see a cameo of anyone from that series.

Phemon
joined May 24, 2015

Hey, been a long-time lurker here, and I can't remember a one-shot for the life of me.
I believe that Girl A gives her phone number to Girl B saying that it's a guy's phone number that's interested in her, and Girl A "acts as a go-between" for them (even though the guy doesn't even exist). Later on Girl B tells Girl A she hates liars, which is what Girl A is. Girl A confesses via text (so, as the guy) and gets no response. Then, when they're together, Girl A blurts out that she's the "guy" and runs away. Girl B catches up and asks if the confession via text was a lie, Girl A shakes her head, and Girl B pulls out her phone and texts the reply of "I love you too!" to Girl A.
Thanks for the help!

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/yuri_yuri_ch02#1

Wow, Didn't a) realize it was in an anthology, or b) was in an anthology THAT IVE BOOKMARKED. Much obliged!

last edited at Oct 26, 2017 10:17PM

Phemon
joined May 24, 2015

Hey, been a long-time lurker here, and I can't remember a one-shot for the life of me.
I believe that Girl A gives her phone number to Girl B saying that it's a guy's phone number that's interested in her, and Girl A "acts as a go-between" for them (even though the guy doesn't even exist). Later on Girl B tells Girl A she hates liars, which is what Girl A is. Girl A confesses via text (so, as the guy) and gets no response. Then, when they're together, Girl A blurts out that she's the "guy" and runs away. Girl B catches up and asks if the confession via text was a lie, Girl A shakes her head, and Girl B pulls out her phone and texts the reply of "I love you too!" to Girl A.
Thanks for the help!