Forum › Posts by craptree

craptree
Stretch discussion 22 Dec 18:18
Easypart
joined May 28, 2014

The only thing we know about her really is that her father is dead and she likes alcohol a lot.

and is smart, studies medicine, and has an older sister

last edited at Dec 22, 2014 6:18PM

craptree
Stretch discussion 22 Dec 06:00
Easypart
joined May 28, 2014

I always assumed Ran is a virgin, but we don't have much background story about her. Probably one of the next chapters.

BTW, the second Stretch printing is released. The kindle version is 540 yen.

http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/409186449X/

And you can't buy it if your location is outside Japan T__T

What would it cost to have the chapters translated to English and publish them as a webcomic with a donation button. I think Shou would have his investment back in days.
And this goes for many yuri mangakas; somebody understand why they don't try this?

last edited at Dec 22, 2014 3:04PM

craptree
Kase-san discussion 22 Dec 05:30
Easypart
joined May 28, 2014

Edit : Really ? You think it spoil the fun ?

Yamada still this innocent, and Kase still trying, so they didn't go further than kissing, that's a bit of a spoiler. Not that I'm complaining.

craptree
Kase-san discussion 22 Dec 05:12
Easypart
joined May 28, 2014

Uhhhh, I need some spoiler free input, will reading ch 14 before reading 10,11,12,13 ruin anything for the series? Honestly I dont even remember where ch 9 left off and ive had this in my re-read list for a minute...

9 was the school trip chapter. And yes this chapter does spoil the fun of reading the others a bit.

'Twas a noble effort, Kase san.

5 chapters later, and she still didn't get any further than a kiss. Poor girl.

last edited at Dec 22, 2014 5:26AM

craptree
Stretch discussion 11 Dec 06:34
Easypart
joined May 28, 2014

More then a month for the next update, that's a crime.
Next chapter: Keiko and Ran visit Keiko's mother. Keiko and moms get in a fight, and to piss her of Keiko admits being in love with Ran/ kisses Ran.

craptree
Stretch discussion 10 Dec 15:24
Easypart
joined May 28, 2014

How will Keiko introduce Ran to her mom: 'my girlfriend'?

craptree
Stretch discussion 10 Dec 12:56
Easypart
joined May 28, 2014

"Kiss now" was the only thing I can think seeing this chapter.

You're kidding? where?

craptree
Stretch discussion 28 Nov 14:50
Easypart
joined May 28, 2014

"we haven't shared a futon in a long time"

So they slept together before? When? Why didn't Shou show?

craptree
Stretch discussion 27 Nov 17:04
Easypart
joined May 28, 2014

In contrast, Ran appears to love Keiko in a far more erotic and sexual way.

On the other hand we don't know anything about Ran's love-life. She seems to have had a crush on Keiko in high school already, (Jealous when Keiko brags about her boyfriend http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/stretch_ch10#14 )

Now she has Keiko where she wants her, but maybe not the faintest idea what to do next.

Was this the last chapter? Because I would be okay if this would be.

次回更新は2014/12/11です
see:
http://yawaspi.com/stretch/index.html

I would not. I want them to kiss (at least)

last edited at Nov 27, 2014 5:09PM

craptree
Stretch discussion 27 Nov 06:00
Easypart
joined May 28, 2014

Yuri? Someone who never read a yuri manga and sees this chapter would probably think: These young ladies are in love with each other, but are still a bit to shy to act on it. So yeah: yuri! Anyway they're cute, does anyone really wear pyjamas buttoned up like this?

craptree
Stretch discussion 14 Nov 04:24
Easypart
joined May 28, 2014

I'm taking the shipping goggles off now I think guys, all these yuri teasing is just hurting too much. I reckon these two are just gonna stay friends, there's been waaaayy too little progression in terms of yuri-ness for either of them to come out or for them to start dating! Waa.

Still love this manga but man I'm not enjoying the yuri teases. These guys are gonna stay friends and I think we all know this deep deep down (though I wish it wasn't truuue)

We all have our weak moments, and there is no guaranty it wil ever be Yuri, but don't give up!
And as Stretch grows more popular, so grows the chance of fanart.

last edited at Nov 15, 2014 5:44PM

craptree
Stretch discussion 12 Nov 16:49
Easypart
joined May 28, 2014

Anyway, for those who think Shou cares about what people on this forum want; it's the japanese readers that make his money, not us. But then, if you feed the comments on his webpage to google translate the words lesbian and lily pop up. So not only Takemiya is interested.

I bet comments there are similar to the ones here.

Just putting it out there that I wasn't talking about Shou caring about the fanbase on Dynasty, but in Japan. I'm not stupid enough to expect he'd even know this site exists.

Sorry didn't mean to be impolite or personal.

Which web-page are you referring to, his blog? Because that doesn't even appear to have a commenting function...? If you're talking about the dedicated Yawaraka Spirits page,

That's the one. Never tried to find his blog as computer translation from Japanese is as good as useless.

though, there are certainly some references to yuri in the comments, but only a very low proportion - less than twenty in one thousand entries (I was simply searching for the term itself, so more subtle allusions would have escaped me). Those who do refer to it generally mention it in the context of "this feels yuri", "this chapter was particularly yuri", "it'd be nice if there was more yuri", and "I thought it was yuri, but it wasn't"... So basically yes, the same as us.
Interestingly, I did a search on Twitter, again looking for explicit mentions of yuri, and found a much higher proportion - around 10% (18 or 19 of about 145) of the tweets seemed to contain the term, despite the fact that a large number were "blank tweets" containing only the default tweet text, without any further commentary. The reference frame I used was from present back until November 8th, since that's as far back it would allow me to go.

It's certainly not enough to say that a majority of the readers are looking for yuri in it, but we know at least that there are Japanese fans out there seeing the same things we are, and that those tweeting about it are more interested in the yuri than those on the site for whatever reason.

Well then at least he knows what is expected of him :)

Also, yuri manga-ka and active doujinshi-ka Kitao Taki tweeted about the mildly infamous chapter 25, jokingly calling it a 'special for those who like yuri (?) lol', so Takemiya's definitely not the first yuri creator who's interested...

Now if he just puts a Paypal donation button on his site, he might get interested in his western readers :)

craptree
Stretch discussion 12 Nov 16:13
Easypart
joined May 28, 2014

Boon's translation is up, he is amazingly fast. But not a very interesting chapter. Ran must be a masochist though; another spanking.

Easypart
joined May 28, 2014

usually not into supernatural but this is OK

Yeah, great art, feels like the beginning of a good series, two chapters after such a long intro?

craptree
Easypart
joined May 28, 2014

I don't even know if this is yuri or not.

If there is lesbian love it's yuri, even if it's unrequited . At least that's how I understand it. I love Risa's bluntness, it would be a shame if that's not rewarded, but it is good Yuri anyway.

... but there's zero groundwork in parts 1 and 2.

Kazumi is staring at Risa http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/out_of_the_blue#10

(OK, pretty strong Yuri goggles needed)

last edited at Nov 10, 2014 7:09AM

craptree
Stretch discussion 04 Nov 13:05
Easypart
joined May 28, 2014

Oh wow, how awesome would it be for Takemiya Jin to do Stretch fanart?

Soft moaning here.
Ahem, sorry.

Anyway, for those who think Shou cares about what people on this forum want; it's the japanese readers that make his money, not us. But then, if you feed the comments on his webpage to google translate the words lesbian and lily pop up. So not only Takemiya is interested.

craptree
Stretch discussion 18 Oct 17:24
Easypart
joined May 28, 2014

:-) tho I wish her characters were older. heck, I wish all the mangaka would write more stories where the characters were not high school/collage aged. I'd love to see their perspective on older adult lesbians.

Even more college stuff would be step in the right direction. Get out of the girls' schools, into a setting where it's a bit tougher to find a partner and it's a bit more than a crush!

meh, the way the authors portray the characters is still too high schoolish. need more stories like those written by Nishi Uko IMO.

Yamaji Ebine could use more love. And Octave of course.

craptree
Stretch discussion 17 Oct 15:23
Easypart
joined May 28, 2014

Next chapter: the class reunion:

I'm calling it!

craptree
Nickelodeon discussion 16 Oct 17:05
Easypart
joined May 28, 2014

Sheer genius. Dowman Sayman should be rewarded a Nobel prize. I'm not sure which one.

craptree
Stretch discussion 16 Oct 06:55
Easypart
joined May 28, 2014

Only one stretching!? Gotta be kidding me, who the hell does he think his audience is? Yuri fans or something?

He's stretching the yuri. I still love this series, but he is pushing it a bit to much now.

craptree
Easypart
joined May 28, 2014

Great manga to read if you want to manipulate your friends... also really cute! (That first thing i said doesn't make me a bad person does it?)

Yeah, your evil :)
I love this, best one in this anthology.

last edited at Oct 7, 2014 5:59PM

craptree
Stretch discussion 03 Oct 17:51
Easypart
joined May 28, 2014

(how do I embed an image?)

! [ ] ( http_image_link )
without spaces

Thanks!

last edited at Oct 16, 2014 2:29PM

craptree
Stretch discussion 03 Oct 17:13
Easypart
joined May 28, 2014

I saw page 8 on Shou's website before Boon posted his translation. I made an optimistic translation:
http://imgur.com/FI0U4Hr
Not knowing Japanese helps.
(how do I embed an image?)

craptree
Stretch discussion 04 Sep 12:09
Easypart
joined May 28, 2014

that 'the end' on the end of ch25 startles me...

Stretch by Higashiyama Shou — Ongoing

Next update is 2014/09/25
Or so says google translate.
http://yawaspi.com/stretch/index.html

I was surprised too

last edited at Sep 4, 2014 12:10PM

craptree
Easypart
joined May 28, 2014

Both Shuninta and Mitsue wrote about a hostess bar, maybe they can claim the costs as research expenses