Forum › Posts by obssesednuker

obssesednuker
Citrus discussion 28 Oct 19:57
joined Feb 11, 2014

I have only one thing to say on Chapter 12: THAT IS NOT A HEART, YOU USELESS LESBIANS, IT'S A BREAST.

The heart is actually roughly under that location (upper left-side of the human body from said human's perspctive), although it is slightly, very slightly, higher and to the right. I suppose if a girl's heart was beating hard enough, you could still feel it underneath the breast but I don't know about more normal heart rates.

last edited at Oct 28, 2014 7:58PM

joined Feb 11, 2014

"Don't lump me together with you. I'm normal, I even have a boyfriend!"

Well, that was really gay.

Eh, Arisa does whine about some guy during her breakdown in episode 6 but the context makes it sound like she was rejected so she is probably bluffing. And of course she could be in the closet.

obssesednuker
Angel Game discussion 18 Oct 19:47
joined Feb 11, 2014

So wait, is that a separate pair in chapter three from chapters 1 and 2?
Couple's Battle Royale?

obssesednuker
joined Feb 11, 2014

I just realized that there's something a bit off about offering your body to an almost-ten-year-old in order to cheer her up...

Well, assuming Minami's condition means she is mentally stuck at the age of nine while her body biologically ages faster then a normal human but chronologically[1] she is older then she is mentally and younger then she is biologically[2]... there is absolutely no way for Minami to have a romantic and/or sexual relationship that would not appear kind of fucked up to our modern sensibilities.

Is there any kind of legal precedent for such a hypothetical situation that could be used?

[1] By chronological age I mean the amount of time that has passed since her birth by an objective observer. So for example, despite having the mentality of a 9 year old and the body of a 16 year old she is chronologically 14.[2]

[2] This assumes that Key and the Time Master's supernatural shenanigans in extending Minami's biological life has not resulted in her chronological age overtaking her biological age. IE: Minami is chronologically 26, biologically 16, and mentally stuck at 9. Still means there is no way for her to have a romantic/sexual relationship that would not appear kind of fucked up to modern sensibilities.

last edited at Oct 18, 2014 8:02PM

obssesednuker
Gamma discussion 16 Oct 22:34
joined Feb 11, 2014

Shouldn't there be an incest tag on this one? Or is the taller chick not a biological sister?

obssesednuker
joined Feb 11, 2014

In what took 4 year gap between two chapters uploaded, only one passed when this chapter came about. Thank Yuri I didn't have to wait 3 more years for it. Thank. Yuri.

Yuri appreciates your thanks and asks that your next favor be to open your mind.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDV9Am5AlYY

More seriously, as a World War 2 nerd I have to rage at the complete waste of resources the "Red Comets" would be for a major belligerent as resource starved as Japan. It is a HUGE waste of manpower, fuel, planes, and spare parts. And Japan was constantly lacking 3 of those 4 things throughout the entirety of the Pacific War. I have to audibly remind myself that this is a manga which also has a submarine from Nazi Germany staffed by lesbians and thus it is pretty obvious that historical accuracy takes a backseat to goofiness.

Once I remind myself of that, it actually becomes a piece of the manga's charm points.

EDIT: So wait, does Volume 4 end at Chapter 30? Because that is something of a cliff hanger to leave off on.

last edited at Oct 15, 2014 10:25PM

obssesednuker
joined Feb 11, 2014

It's kind of shipping the mermaid and the werewolf*, if you squint.

Also, shouldn't the mermaid be just fine underwater? Or is she more like a dolphin/whale?

*It would be good that Touhou has developped so many characters... except now I can't keep their name straight! AGH!

last edited at Oct 13, 2014 10:30PM

obssesednuker
Otome Ouji discussion 12 Oct 19:28
joined Feb 11, 2014

^Having read the first chapter I will say there is some subtext in here between those characters.

obssesednuker
joined Feb 11, 2014

It is heresy. But is is sweet heresy. Therefore, it is acceptable heresy. :p

last edited at Oct 11, 2014 10:06PM

obssesednuker
joined Feb 11, 2014

Yes, yes... let ninja!Rin permeate all of the doujinshi like the meme she is.
:MrBurnsVoice: Excellent :MrBurnsVoice:

last edited at Oct 11, 2014 10:02PM

obssesednuker
joined Feb 11, 2014

Way to make me feel self-conscious, manga writer.

last edited at Oct 9, 2014 12:16AM

obssesednuker
joined Feb 11, 2014

Jeeze... There is not noticing someone loves you and the not noticing someone loves you RIGHT AFTER THEY HAVE SEX WITH YOU!

last edited at Oct 7, 2014 11:56AM

obssesednuker
joined Feb 11, 2014

I think this works best if you consider it as one of Homura's failed timelines and an anamolous one at that. The anomaly being that Kyuubey develops emotions and an attachment to Mami, of course.

Also helps if you consider the KyubeeyXMami relationship as sort of a brother-sister kind of thing.

last edited at Oct 7, 2014 1:17AM

obssesednuker
joined Feb 11, 2014

Seems slightly incomplete but... neat.

joined Feb 11, 2014

Well that was kind of nice. A story about how people can change a lot but the love between them can still endure even if it changes as well.

obssesednuker
My Beloved discussion 01 Oct 13:37
joined Feb 11, 2014

The end of this latest one...
Gonna have to side with Youko here: Nozomi and Eri are totes canon and frankly adorable. Plus, Umi obviously is head over heels for Kotori. :p

last edited at Oct 1, 2014 1:37PM

obssesednuker
joined Feb 11, 2014

I like how the police officer just casually agrees with Naoko over how worthless it is to shoot MILF prostitutes.

last edited at Sep 30, 2014 9:16PM

obssesednuker
joined Feb 11, 2014

the light novel came out in 2009 so it should be the other way around >_>
but yeah i totes got a homura vibe as well.

Well, there is the possibility that this is a case of parallel ideas developing within a short time of each other.

last edited at Sep 26, 2014 9:02PM

obssesednuker
joined Feb 11, 2014

has finally caught up

WAIT! WAIT! Haven't the experiments at the LHC disproved the entire universal collapse hypothesis? Or am I misunderstanding what the manga is saying there?
On a completely different note: is that the end of the manga?

obssesednuker
joined Feb 11, 2014

has only read up to chapter 12

Well goddamn Quantum Mechanics. As if reading about the philosophy of war and military strategy (I have some... strange hobbies) hasn't left my head spinning enough today. And that stuff is straightforward compared to quantum mechanics.

Still, a yuri manga that incorporates quantum mechanics into it's story? Fucking sold!

EDIT: Am I the only one who realized that Gaku essentially became Akemi Homura for a while there? Complete with a Magical Girl process?

last edited at Sep 26, 2014 5:17PM

obssesednuker
joined Feb 11, 2014

I didn't realize that Red Riding Hood was naked from chest down until I re-read this. 0_o

joined Feb 11, 2014

You also forgot: different culture, different (expected) family dynamics.

A cheap excuse. Japan is a bit different but it is not as cliche as in anime/manga.

And where in there did I say that it was excusable? Explaining why some people act in a distasteful manner is not the same as justifying or excusing it.

The fact is East Asian cultural values in general and Japanese cultural values in specific DO have different expectations for what some relationships, like family's, are like. Whether those expectations are moral or even reasonable is a different discussion.

last edited at Sep 25, 2014 7:06PM

joined Feb 11, 2014

I wonder why all the characters in anime and manga are always basically slaves to their parents. Do those authors even know how teenagers can react?

Different teens react erm.... dis-similarly. It can be generalized but ya know... different backgrounds and all that shit...

Of course but...when was the last time you saw an anime character actually stand up against her parents? It is extremely rare. Why? Easy drama.

You also forgot: different culture, different (expected) family dynamics.

joined Feb 11, 2014

Well that... went somewhere.

joined Feb 11, 2014

This is adorable, but I feel like there is a prequel. Is there?

EDIT: Yep! Found it!

last edited at Sep 3, 2014 2:13AM