Forum › Posts by Fipse

Fipse
Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

I was going to write "Just hit them with the broom" but I guess a baseball bat is fine too. To be honest I am surprised this does not happen more often IN japan seeing how intense bullying can be over there.

Anyway, kinda refreshing to see these kind of girls get what they deserve (in manga).

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

I think the .Bisexual. tag should be added

I think there is a reason why she wont get wet for guys. Starts with L

Fipse
Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

it's not even yuri manga to begin with until sensei and her waifu showed up,
it's just a manga about cute girls doing cute k̶i̶s̶s̶i̶n̶g̶ things together

There is definitely a growing romance between Haru and Natsu.

well maybe a little bit

Not just a little bit. Quite a lot!

Fipse
Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

it's not even yuri manga to begin with until sensei and her waifu showed up,
it's just a manga about cute girls doing cute k̶i̶s̶s̶i̶n̶g̶ things together

There is definitely a growing romance between Haru and Natsu.

Fipse
Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

Ive been waiting for this! finally finally finally!
natsu kissed someone else other than haru!

now, it's about time for haru to kiss someone else as well, I hope the one who'd kiss by haru is sensei! I ship em so much

How...is that a good thing? If kisses become more normal between pairings it kinda ruins the yuri.

Girls kissing each other ruins the yuri?

It may sound weird but yes it can. Now it probably wont happen but if it turns into a "just wanna swap with person xy today" it will be definitely less yuri.

Fipse
Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

Ive been waiting for this! finally finally finally!
natsu kissed someone else other than haru!

now, it's about time for haru to kiss someone else as well, I hope the one who'd kiss by haru is sensei! I ship em so much

How...is that a good thing? If kisses become more normal between pairings it kinda ruins the yuri.

Fipse
Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

Looks promising but geee her mom is a bit of a bitch. Yeah drag your daughter out into the countryside and have her attend to boring social events.

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

Amanchu, as mentioned before.

Also, not sure it was subtext, but I feel like a lot of what happened in Stretch was received similarly

Amanchu is written by somebody who has a history in crushing yuri dreams, unlike this author who has quite a few full yuri works.
It miiiiiight end like Stretch but even if it ends in "friendship" it will probably be a lot more open to possible future developments then stretch.

I think a healthy dose of skepticism is never bad but people really go a bit beyond that with this manga.

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

I love how most of the comments here are outrage at the subtext tag xDDD hilarious.

I do not really get it how...pessimistic? people seem to be. "We are doomed it is eternal friendship, Class S, boys might show up!!!!". What is going on? Since when is it all doom and gloom with subtext manga?

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

Hoping this manga won't disappoint us halfway through (I'm looking at you, Amanchu) because g*ddamnit this is way too cute and I don't need to put on my Yuri googles for me to see the gay.

Seeing how the author did quite a few full blown yuri doujin I kinda doubt this will have the same homophobic text like Amanchu.

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

That manga is so weird. It tries to establish a cute, light mood yet it has people actively murdering (yes at this point is murder) young girls by seducing them.

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

Now I wish that women (and men) can marry legally each other in whole Japan (Korea, China and more).

I am pretty sure Abe will push for it because of the Olympics 2020.

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

"Subtext"

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

"You are not allowed to eat on your way home."

Why are Japanese schools so dumb?

What, you think Western schools can't be that bad?

No public school can set rules for you while you are outside of school. Only private schools could probably get away with it.

Not sure if this would work in Germany once you leave the school property. Feels like the kind of thing a judge would strike down.

So I think the rule suggests that they go home, change into normal clothes, before going back out again.

Would make more sense, then again some schools in manga/anime (not sure about RL) require students to wear their uniforms all the time when being outside.

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

"You are not allowed to eat on your way home."

Why are Japanese schools so dumb?

Fipse
Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

Their friends totally know.

Fipse
Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

"Did you panic?"

YES I FUCKING DID!

Fipse
Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

Last page should have had an "Eh!? Nandatte!?"

Fipse
Yuru Yuri discussion 02 Apr 06:57
Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

I really like those Highschool designs.

Fipse
Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

She should have her lip checked on if it hurts so bad she can barely eat anything. A small wound on the lip is not THAT bad.

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

It is refreshing seeing somebody immediately calling bullshit when the adult argues "being an adult means to be in an unhappy marriage".

Fipse
Citrus discussion 17 Feb 15:58
Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

@ UranusAndNeptuneAreJustCousins

But we all know this manga is going to end with Mei getting both, Yuzu AND the Academy (well at least in some form, maybe her father takes over till she is older).
I get the social and cultural stuff (even if it is not as hardcore anymore as it used to be in Japan) but this is still a fictional story and not some hyperrealistic drama. It will end like most boring drama ends, some perfect solution. But what is the most annoying, Mei NEVER tries to fight. She never tries to question her grandfather or anything. She is a submissive slave to his wishes, even if she writes otherwise. Managing the Academy was indoctrinated into her since she was a young child.

This is Yuri-Hime's flagship yuri series. Anything but a 110% happy ending would hurt them. So we can be sure the Editor wont allow any silly stuff like sex with fiance or god forbid another timeskip with her being married.

Fipse
Citrus discussion 17 Feb 14:32
Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

She decided to inherit the school and we have talked at length how for the sake of reputation you can't lead a school of rich young girl if you're a lesbian. Don't hate Saburouta, hate the country!

So do not marry at all and life together with your "sister"?

Fipse
Citrus discussion 17 Feb 13:30
Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

Sorry but this looks like HORRIBLE writing. At least for Mei. She is just a submissive pushover again. She can talk about "It is my decision" all she wants but it is not. How is accepting the arranged marriage her decision? It has nothing to do with the Academy. It is only to please what she thinks her grandfather wants...WITHOUT EVERY TALKING TO HIM ABOUT IT! I mean what the fuck? She never asked him "Do I have to marry some random guy you chose for me?" Nope. Just a good submissive Japanese wife. God forbid she gets any character development. No. Wont happen. Her fiance will see her ring, make the connection with Yuzu and tell her she does not have to marry him. She wont act herself. Others have to do it for her like it has always been.

Fipse
Image Comments 28 Jan 13:27
Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013
Ddkabj7uwaajckh-orig

Well that is not going to end well...