Forum › Posts by IAKi100atT

IAKi100atT
Tumblr_p5pa4n7ag21tandono1_400
joined Feb 21, 2019

My god this plotpoint is even dumber than I origianally thought it would be

I don't think someone who doesn't know how to spell should be able to comment on the intelligence of a plot point

IAKi100atT
joined Feb 21, 2019

seems like a pretty one sided bet

also the cut between them in their underwear and then them showering? did they fuck off screen

IAKi100atT
joined Feb 21, 2019

Ren: Suicide is badass

last edited at Apr 14, 2021 11:43AM

joined Feb 21, 2019

There's just nothing here to hold on to; it's about a relationship that barely exists and two people who seem to be pretty happy with it that way.

Seems to sum up what this story is all about.

Which I don't think is a bad thing? The main message is that they still care about each other, appreciate each other, think of each other, but they don't always need to be around each other or always talking. I think the relationship humble and wholesome.

I think that's a large part of what these last few chapters have been trying to get across: Their relationship doesn't have a lot of the hallmarks you'd expect from a traditional marriage, because they're not trying to fit into a mold. Karumi's personality type and work don't really fit well into a ... let's call it a Hallmark marriage, since that's what people seem to be expecting. Trying to constrain her to one probably wouldn't end well, regardless of who it's with, but Ruriko doesn't seem to place much value on those things either, so giving them to her wouldn't be a real benefit.

Instead, what we're seeing is them creating a structure that works for who they are, rather than what other people expect. Karumi may be physically absent more often, she also frequently thinks of Ruriko and what she would like. More than that a lot of what we see is her subtly attempting to make their time together more meaningful or to share things that are important to her, even if this behavior isn't explicitly called out and she doesn't consciously realize she's doing it.

Take Ruriko's walk home, this chapter, as an example. It's filled with memories of Karumi excitedly sharing something with her, despite the other girl not being there. You could view those scenes as showing how head-over-heals she is for Karumi, while Karumi is only focused on things she likes, but I don't think that really lines up with thoughts like "Just by walking around, I get little bits and pieces of the world Karumi-san lives in. It's a really lovely feeling."

Karumi engages with the world in a way most people don't and she brings a lot of that back to Ruriko, because she wants to share her experiences with the person she cares about. She tells Ruriko about the book and the movie, not because she enjoyed them, but because she things Ruriko will too and because she wants to have that shared experience with her. She tells Ruriko that she's craving curry not because she wants to eat some — she's more capable of eating out on her own —, but because she want to eat curry with Ruriko.

Yes! This is exactly what the whole story is about.

I’m surprised this story is getting so much hate because this is a website devoted to WLW fiction so getting caught up on heteronormative ideals of what marriage means feels... kinda silly

queering marriage by just having it be a disinterested friendship

joined Feb 21, 2019

even though we're miles apart the computer screen connects our hearts

joined Feb 21, 2019

you dug your hole now lie in it you dumbass lesbian

IAKi100atT
joined Feb 21, 2019

this read like a yuri marketing algorithm wrote it

IAKi100atT
joined Feb 21, 2019

^^I reread it and I think so too. A lot of it seems to be an everlasting psychological trauma from being exposed to the dad's ridiculous sexism and heteronormativity at a very young age (which continued into the future). It also seemed like Chiaki's body dysphoria (on page 58) is driven by external factors (sexism) rather than internal feelings of discomfort and disconnect.

Every cis weirdo thinks they’re a psychoanalyst whenever trans people are concerned I swear

last edited at Apr 3, 2021 8:34PM

IAKi100atT
joined Feb 21, 2019

Im kinda wondering, how much of her motivation stems from being told that "girls cant do that". Its kinda framed like its the driving factor, which would be bullshit.

I hate the idea that gender has to match interests, personality exists for a reason.

This really says a lot about the society in which we live

joined Feb 21, 2019

I found Reiko a bit passive aggressive.

"You forgot Valentine's day, so maybe I'll get married.. how would you like that!"

Emotional blackmail.

Sure but pretty low level, She was angling for an easy response and succeeded in getting it

IAKi100atT
joined Feb 21, 2019

Good story overall, sucks for trans men though that they have to be portrayed as curvy tomboys in tight clothing even in stories ultimately supportive of them....which kinda makes this hard for me to recommend to transmasc friends

It was nice to see him comfortable in his own skin at the end though

last edited at Apr 3, 2021 1:16PM

joined Feb 21, 2019

Im ready for the #metoo movement to come for mascot characters

IAKi100atT
joined Feb 21, 2019

Bobs Burgers should have taught her the perils of erotic friend fiction smh

joined Feb 21, 2019

Did they finally pulled the trigger? And it took ONLY 34 chapters? Well, we finally have some confirmation on Konatsu-chan and Koyuki's friendship status, personally speaking I never doubted for a sec. Also, Makoto-sensei waited 34 chapters to introduce this story's most interesting character, Saya-sama is gonna be missed, hugely. on a more serious note, this could have been a great story, apart from that stupid drama that never made a lick of sense, development and character-wise, I mean what you trying to hide, sensei, they're friends as heck, anyway, I like Makoto-sensei, but I'm sure as hell not be following her next story, especially after that little preview.

Well, I'll be following which depends on how the story goes.
Though, I will be trashing it right in 1st chapter if I found it perfectly predictable.

This manga used to has good pacing in the first half, Not sure what happened in 2nd half with the characters exaggerating these dramas and angst for 2-3 volumes.
welp, one of this year greatest disappointment and pretty much predictable right after author say "it's not yuri".

Guessing it had to do with the manga actually being used to advertise the small town where it was based, like another commentor predicted a while back. Can’t be too gay o4 you’ll scare off tourists

last edited at Mar 28, 2021 10:15PM

joined Feb 21, 2019

Glad I know what side of the subtext coin in ended on so I can read it for what it is without getting my hopes up

joined Feb 21, 2019

Conflict was set up and resolved out of nowhere, this kinda concept definitely needs a full series behind it. I would have also had the abuser kill the love interest at the beginning to justify the time travel as you can,uhhh, convince your friend who’s realized she’s in abusive relationship to escape her conditions without magic

last edited at Mar 27, 2021 2:32PM

IAKi100atT
joined Feb 21, 2019

PAIN NOOOOOOOOOOOO FUCK WHY'D IT HAVE TO END LIKE THAT

So they didn't up together?

Aight, i already saw the big f-ing "DANGER" sign when i saq the 'het' tag, glad i did read the coment first. Aight imma head out

Its four pages lmfao

IAKi100atT
joined Feb 21, 2019

Crawling in my skin

joined Feb 21, 2019

Nope, not going through the pain I felt for Sayaka again

IAKi100atT
joined Feb 21, 2019

@myrrhmidon I was refering to the last section of THIS volume, named 'more than friends' - if its about 30-40 pages like the other sections, and it covers all 5 couples, we can get 5-7 or so pages per couple right? showing them after they became couples- thats all i was hoping for.

Still- id much rather it was all about the first couple- it must be a lot of work to make so many characters- and then we dont get to delve into them or their stories to any great depth- not sure why authors think thats a better idea.. at least myself I'd always rather they focus on developing less characters more.

Ah okay. But still, unless there will be another volume, then we still won't get much from this couple and from the other couples as well. Still feels short. I agree that we could have gotten a full series with just the first couple.

Who cares be happy with what you get, also the series isn’t out yet maybe it will be like ano kiss

joined Feb 21, 2019

poor kid... she's adopted

There are some weird motherfuckers on this website I swear

IAKi100atT
joined Feb 21, 2019

Lol I love the total reversal of the “jealous childhood friend” cliche

Tbh I’ll never get tired of these yuri ensemble mangas as long as their well executed

last edited at Mar 23, 2021 4:40AM

joined Feb 21, 2019

kai3 posted:

She wasn’t joking when she said her dating luck with men is bad but it’s ok she’ll have much better luck with women! I like the cover too.

I know it's really bad and a big turn off but I feel a little bad for the first boyfriend, he wasn't a bad guy but having a fetish like that...ughhh lo/ and worse part about having very special tastes is that you can't find the timing to talk about it, you can't just say it to someone you just met or after the first date... and then months later BOOM and it all crumbles down. I know, I'm going on a tangent but that was so tragic to see from both sides.

I don’t think it takes rocket science to figure out you shouldn’t spring a fetish on someone randomly as a fun surprise

last edited at Mar 22, 2021 12:41AM

joined Feb 21, 2019

I don’t know what everyones talking about I think this is pretty cute, but maybe it’s cause I can emphasize with the MC

Interesting it was given the “yuri” tag when it still seems in the realm of subtext

last edited at Mar 22, 2021 12:38AM

joined Feb 21, 2019

Everyone in this series has issues. Ha.

You’ll find most people on the planet have issues