Forum › Posts by Cintaï

Lilium
joined Aug 29, 2018

Dear Santa,

thank you for the boyfriend last year. But I don't like it anymore. This year, my friend wants to become smarter. She's my friend, really. So can you give some smarts to this person who is my friend? My friend would be happy. Thank you very much, on behalf of my friend.

Lilium
joined Aug 29, 2018

I must say, I never understood the whole dating even if you aren't in love thingy. But it's something I'm seeing in manga quite a lot. I suppose it's a Japanese thing, dating is normal and having a regular behavior is good, so dating is just something you do, but feel free to correct me if I'm mistaken.

A friend of mine once mentioned something along the lines of "testing the waters". To her, the reason to date is to check if you and the person you're interested in (but not necessarily in love with) are compatible. Do everything you can before marriage (minus getting preggers) and then decide if marriage is a viable option after everything checks out.

Why some people date when they aren't in love does make sense in that case.

I see. I must say, it makes little sense to me, but people do things that don't make sense to me all the time. I'm at peace with that.

Lilium
joined Aug 29, 2018

This is still quality. With a little more glasses Yori, too. I feel so blessed I'm starting to worry, surely life can't be so great; I should definitely check if my relatives are all alive.

I must say, I never understood the whole dating even if you aren't in love thingy. But it's something I'm seeing in manga quite a lot. I suppose it's a Japanese thing, dating is normal and having a regular behavior is good, so dating is just something you do, but feel free to correct me if I'm mistaken.

Cintaï
Hairdye discussion 14 Jul 01:54
Lilium
joined Aug 29, 2018

2 PP doujins in 2 days? i’m feeling rather spoiled

Retrieving this intel was only possible thanks to our spies. To think they could get past Ange's skills... This is a miracle.

Cintaï
Image Comments 14 Jul 01:36
Lilium
joined Aug 29, 2018
69146163_p0

And thus Ange, too, became a princess.

Lilium
joined Aug 29, 2018

This one-shot was clearly written with no romantic subtext in mind.

Cintaï
Lilium
joined Aug 29, 2018

Anyone willing to bet that Shimamura and Nagafuji were out to buy Christmas presents for Adachi and Hino, respectively?

Bet.

Cintaï
Lilium
joined Aug 29, 2018

Adachi is (gay) love, Adachi is life.

Her big, large, huge gay is so cute, gosh. She melts my heart again and again and again. You know, that tingly feeling in your chest?

Lilium
joined Aug 29, 2018

What does Lily mean when she's saying "Th-this gonna end up like one of those thing"? I don't mean the typos; I'm confused as to what things she's referring to.

The only thing two people do when they wind up at a love hotel while taking shelter from the rain.
Take a nice warm shower and have a pleasant nap for however long their time allows.

You left out playing cards Honeymoon Whist is an excellent 2-person game :-)

Now that's just decadent.

Lilium
joined Aug 29, 2018

Oh my god, Yori with glasses. This is a blessed timeline.

Lilium
joined Aug 29, 2018

Bloom into you V.2

yes it is

Agreed. It seemed so familiar from the beginning.

I don't see the familiarity between the two except that it's senpai/kouhai in high school?

It's had a similar vibe, somehow. Maybe because both stories grew from a confession. Or maybe because of more than that, who knows?

Lilium
joined Aug 29, 2018

poor Kino.

poor Senpai

They're going on different tracks parallel to one another. Hopefully they'll intersect!

Hopefully intersect 'round the lips.

Lilium
joined Aug 29, 2018

[Laudatory praise to this series]
[Asking Kino to get it together and embrace the big gay]

[Vague rephrasing of "Yori is too handsome"]
[Some sort of praise about how she didn't leave any room for misunderstanding, making her even better]

last edited at Jun 23, 2019 7:41PM

Lilium
joined Aug 29, 2018

There are two kinds of yuri one subscribes to.
One of them is the yuri that starts off strong and gives you hope, only to either not deliver or stumble a lot. It can be due to poor pacing, bad decisions, feeling forced, what have you. It's a sad feeling that's only surpassed by saying goodbye to one's girlfriend.
And the, there's the kind where each chapter comforts you into thinking that yes, you were right to put your hopes in it.

This one is the latter. The two mains having a cute casual conversation WHILE it's undoubtly, irrevocably, genuinely, explicitely gay? In MY yuri? It's more likely than you think. My, my, as if we weren't blessed enough with Adachi and Shimamura.
Also Yori continues to be too handsome for this world (but just enough for Himari).

Lilium
joined Aug 29, 2018

Yori is too handsome. Embrace the Big Gay already, Himari!

Lilium
joined Aug 29, 2018

You know, Miki-chan dismissing Himari when the latter talked about her newfound feelings is a sad statement about LGBT acceptance in Japan, and the fact that it doesn't phase me (would it be presomptuous to say doesn't phase us?) much anymore a testament of how the rest of the world still has a lot left to improve on.
Yuri has been a relatively quiet, but nonetheless present, genre in which gay and bisexual women gradually went from complete erasure, to an existence that had to be bargained with and for in the old times, to finally a relative acceptance, an eventually peaceful love between them and the person(s) they love... Which is good, don't get me wrong, and I VERY MUCH welcome yuri protagonists these days being more aware of, and acting more on, their feelings... But along that way, the relationship between them and the supporting cast has not improved as much.
And that, I believe, should be the next step of yuri as a genre, because it is never too late to shape culture; the culture of a world that, at large, is to be found more in supporting casts than in prot-

Ahahahahahah. Yeah. As much as the matter is interesting to talk about, and probably SHOULD be discussed, I really just came here to say that AAAAAAAAAAAAH! THIS IS TOO CUTE! This is really too cute. Awwwwww. That warm feeling when you unexpectedly find love, you know? Adorable. <3

Lilium
joined Aug 29, 2018

KISS!
I mean, it ain't sensual if it ain't consensual, but KISS! Good going, Lily! I like Marika's "HUH?!" face too; yes, girl, it's gay and so are you.

Cintaï
Lilium
joined Aug 29, 2018

Well, that was some good and happy gay. ~

Cintaï
Lilium
joined Aug 29, 2018

Age gap

You have my attention.

last edited at Jun 7, 2019 12:42AM

Lilium
joined Aug 29, 2018

Cute Lily is cute.

You have good tastes.

Lilium
joined Aug 29, 2018

Really blatant indeed. I'll bet on it being relevant, but the author not wanting to make it too obvious so they dropped the red herring line.

This is such a trainwreck. And yet I can't help but be into it.

Lilium
joined Aug 29, 2018

So basically they're living the dream. If they weren't fictional characters I'd most definitely be jealous. ~

Maybe I'm dark, but I'd have liked to see the story run its course, and have Rii disappear as well. Show us the despair, terror and anguish, and final breakdown. Anyone with me?

Sure. Hope shines brighter when standing against the deepest despair.

Cintaï
Image Comments 25 May 00:35
Lilium
joined Aug 29, 2018
Tumblr_n0zgtqv5s41rsd4umo1_r7_1280

More accurately: CUTE GIRLS!!!!

Cintaï
Lilium
joined Aug 29, 2018

That aside, my hope for this series is that the author will throw us a curveball and have Haru fall in love for Midori, with Midori trying to hold herself back.

That'd be pretty neat, actually. Kind of an ironic turn of events; some writers do love that.

Cintaï
Lilium
joined Aug 29, 2018

A teenager in the loft? Is this Hoshikawa Ginza?

One can only hope. I think it could end up just as great, but we'll see.