Forum › Posts by Phyis

Phyis Moderator
Yuri Game discussion 04 Apr 12:47
Midori-facepalm
Yuri Project
joined Dec 12, 2012

It makes plenty of sense. The girls are treating the guys as objects as well (as in something that belongs to somebody and can be stolen) and she is railing specifically about the girls in that sentence before switching over to the guy.

this wouldnt make sense if she had some amazing girlfriend already

Given Chi-ran's stance on monogamy...

last edited at Apr 4, 2013 12:47PM

Phyis Moderator
Collectors discussion 04 Apr 11:29
Midori-facepalm
Yuri Project
joined Dec 12, 2012

Just when I thought it's going to be a slow week. Thanks a lot for your hard work.

Phyis Moderator
Midori-facepalm
Yuri Project
joined Dec 12, 2012

Thanks a lot for finally completing the book. My 2 cents:
- There are still quite a few dust specks fluttering around the pages
- Some of the page edges could use cleaning
- Use different fonts for different types of text (dialog, thoughts, narration, asides...) I don't have this book but I'd be surprised if everything was using the same font there.
- Try to avoid breaking off ellipsis, question marks or single characters to a new line, it looks really messy, especially if it's every other bubble or so.

Phyis Moderator
Midori-facepalm
Yuri Project
joined Dec 12, 2012

Not to mention Morinaga.

Phyis Moderator
Midori-facepalm
Yuri Project
joined Dec 12, 2012

A bit late to the show, took a while to find this thread.

yp logo

Phyis Moderator
Midori-facepalm
Yuri Project
joined Dec 12, 2012

Which form of "I" does Yuri use?

Watashi, although she rarely uses pronouns at all, hence why it's rough.

THANKS DYNASTY SCAN!!!!!

Sigh.

Phyis Moderator
Midori-facepalm
Yuri Project
joined Dec 12, 2012

Proper editing involves more than just adding text to the page with Paint, it wouldn't take that long otherwise. But it's not that hard to pick up if you want to learn it.

Phyis Moderator
Midori-facepalm
Yuri Project
joined Dec 12, 2012

Still better conditions than jmanga. Sold!

Midori-facepalm
Yuri Project
joined Dec 12, 2012

Fake, that one has been circulating for a while now.

Phyis Moderator
Midori-facepalm
Yuri Project
joined Dec 12, 2012

So where the fist tank actually ends ?

Chapter 3.

Really ? is the first tank that short ?

No, fairly standard sized. But it's padded out by including the First Love series. There's also a 16 page long sidestory about Shinobu we haven't translated yet.

Phyis Moderator
Yuri Yuri Discussion 25 Mar 16:39
Midori-facepalm
Yuri Project
joined Dec 12, 2012

Okay, useless trivia hour, assemble around the campfire. Elegy Syndrome is Namori's doujinshi circle. The Yuri Yuri stories were Namori's part of their annual anthology. She also pitched this as a series of oneshots to Yuri Hime (Yuru Yuri was still running in Yuri Hime S at the time) and so Yuri Yuri CASE came to be. That's pretty much the only connection.

Phyis Moderator
Midori-facepalm
Yuri Project
joined Dec 12, 2012

Different people have different tastes. Surprising, I know. I for one can't understand what people saw in Prism and I cringe every time someone feels compelled to gush over Madoka.

So where the fist tank actually ends ?

Chapter 3.

last edited at Mar 24, 2013 5:47PM

Phyis Moderator
Midori-facepalm
Yuri Project
joined Dec 12, 2012

It's dead.

Phyis Moderator
Midori-facepalm
Yuri Project
joined Dec 12, 2012

No schedule. They release webcomics on every 2nd and 4th Wednesday but they don't announce what it's gonna be. The next chapter might come out next week or it may take another month.

Phyis Moderator
Midori-facepalm
Yuri Project
joined Dec 12, 2012

what does 'green' pertain to in page 3? the one in a box pointing to Yuri

That it's her first time doing this.

delayed this release and released the next chapter alongside it later

Considering the next chapter ends on basically a cliffhanger, that wouldn't have helped, on the contrary. Hey, anticipation is a good thing. It's been a long time since I actively looked forward for a new chapter of a series.

last edited at Mar 24, 2013 5:14PM

Phyis Moderator
Midori-facepalm
Yuri Project
joined Dec 12, 2012

New chapter is out. Only two left.

Phyis Moderator
Midori-facepalm
Yuri Project
joined Dec 12, 2012

But it wasn't when he posted this.

Midori-facepalm
Yuri Project
joined Dec 12, 2012

Filename encoding issue. But it's just an image, not part of the story, so you haven't missed anything. And we'll rerelease those chapters soon anyway.

Phyis Moderator
Kase-san discussion 22 Mar 11:42
Midori-facepalm
Yuri Project
joined Dec 12, 2012

It's still on-going? Strange, it says 1 volume (on-going) while also saying completley scanned on baka updates.

Baka updates is essentially a fancy wiki everyone can edit, don't use it as the be all, end all resource for your manga facts.

Phyis Moderator
Midori-facepalm
Yuri Project
joined Dec 12, 2012

It's dead Jim. Really, don't expect a continuation after over 3 years.

Phyis Moderator
Phyis Moderator
Midori-facepalm
Yuri Project
joined Dec 12, 2012

Tsubomi continued all series that hadn't finished yet as webcomic, this one included.

Phyis Moderator
Midori-facepalm
Yuri Project
joined Dec 12, 2012

If Crunchyroll's model was to sell you stream access to a series for the price of the DVD box, they'd be dead by now. Subscription streaming services are sustainable, so are digital content shops. But not the former while trying to pretend you're the latter, that has been tried for decades now and it always failed. Trying to pin the failure of jmanga on the customers because they apparently don't want digital is disingenuous at best.

Phyis Moderator
Octave discussion 17 Mar 18:26
Midori-facepalm
Yuri Project
joined Dec 12, 2012

about grown up women who like grown up women

Wat. Yukino isn't grown up, emotionally she is a whiny immature girl who runs away from her problems, be it physically, shifting blame on others, seeking affection from others or wallowing in self-pity. Her slowly growing up into an adult is the whole point of Octave.

last edited at Mar 17, 2013 6:26PM

Phyis Moderator
Midori-facepalm
Yuri Project
joined Dec 12, 2012

Can't really say how long it'll be. There are 7 or 8 chapters so far and it's still ongoing, albeit bi-monthly for the moment. The buildup is a steady but slow so it may or may not reach Girl Friends levels. Scanlation will continue in the next few weeks, we were stuck with really low quality raws for a while.