Forum › Posts by Ackerman

Images%20(18)
joined Oct 18, 2017

This is new for me and promising. It would be a comedic mixed up, I guess.

Ackerman
Images%20(18)
joined Oct 18, 2017

Seemingly, it may have a tinge of monogatari but I wouldn't say it emulates monogatari series. The elements of parodies, word play and metahumour are non existent in here to which by contrast, it is all over in both light novels and anime of monogatari series.
I admire the author's style in here. As I've read the other recent works, it deviated from the usual. Well, of course, except for the sex scenes. When I was reading this, the concepts of self-discovery, social status, sexuality, acceptance and relationships come into play. Since, this is just chapter 1, I think the author has a lot more to tell us. It is an interesting find on how the story is being told.

(...) quantities of elements (....)

last edited at Nov 8, 2017 10:04AM

Images%20(18)
joined Oct 18, 2017

Aside from the good laughs, this story has a lot in dealing about relationships. Though the characters are well presented, I am more drawn to Mari, mature and cool.

Ackerman
Images%20(18)
joined Oct 18, 2017

Surprisingly good story to a point you can have it in one sentence, i.e., coming-of-age story of a girl who never gave on love. Yes, it may seem that Sono is an immature, spineless individual but if you try to zoom in. you will see a girl who just wants to be loved by her one and only dream girl. It maybe an escalated tit for tat internal war for Sono but the reward is always the wishful thinking of being by Sato's side. She grew up to a point of she considers the unfairness of Hiroki's circumstance. In the end, Sono was rewarded by getting her wish fulfilled.

Ackerman
Images%20(18)
joined Oct 18, 2017

I thought a "Suzu and Chimi" ending is inevitable.

Images%20(18)
joined Oct 18, 2017

Nice punch in the end. Love indeed will find a way.

Images%20(18)
joined Oct 18, 2017

Smiling with the metaphor. Nice work with the credit parody. Seems fitting with the story.

Ackerman
RED BOOK discussion 03 Nov 05:36
Images%20(18)
joined Oct 18, 2017

okay, alright.

Ackerman
Images%20(18)
joined Oct 18, 2017

The age difference is way too big to be real. Even I replaced granny with grandpapi, it doesn't fit the bill still. Even for a lucrative reason of material security. A high schooler? Nah.

Ackerman
Images%20(18)
joined Oct 18, 2017

giddy, giddy up... hehe

Images%20(18)
joined Oct 18, 2017

I was about to comment on the "pervert" but I let it slide. I thought it was part of the transformation.

Images%20(18)
joined Oct 18, 2017

A: "Survival of the fittest" is not the same as "kill or be killed," it refers to the fact that the species best adapted to their environment are the most likely to survive in it.

That includes killing. How would you let a lion survive? I was not limiting my thinking to beings but included papilio-daemons. A creature who has to suck blood before it reaches to 18yo or die of starvation. An "Iris" which is special among its kind. A teacher which ensures its survival. But if this story doesn't includes such "beings", tgen I would be the one to say, MANIPULATIVE BITCH.

B: It's not a valid excuse regardless as soon as you're talking about beings with the capacity for moral reasoning. The fact that you biologically need to kill people indefinitely to survive does not suddenly make it any less morally wrong to do so especially without even giving both parties the option of informed consent. The reason this is so monumentally fucked is much less the "brides all die within a year" part and much more the part where the protagonists were allowed to enter into this fatal arrangement without knowing that.

For me, it is a valid excuse as a papiliodaemon. This is the reason I read this manga. It is unconventional, morally intriguing and imaginative. It makes me wonder how the author will justify all of these.

Images%20(18)
joined Oct 18, 2017

When I was reading the latest chap, I was quite irked mildly with the fluidity of the story and the "deception" of the teacher. But it was explained, the "before reaching 18 years old or die of starvation." So, sucking her first blood is an urgent issue.
It is like a story of a kind man who saved a scorpion from drowning. When the kind man was about to put the scorpion to the ground, the scorpion bit him.
The reflection is simply this: You can't stop the kind man to help the dangerous scorpion because it is his nature to be kind. In the same way, the scorpion can't stop biting the kind man because that is its nature to bite.

Thus, in analogy, you can't totally blame the teacher of deceiving both for the sake of saving Iris' life. Yes, it is unfair for Sara but that is "survival of the fittest", kill or be killed. And it was even through Sara's eyes that we can see the sadness in the teacher's eyes forcibly hiding through acquiesced flirting and joke.

Ackerman
Double Bind discussion 01 Nov 11:14
Images%20(18)
joined Oct 18, 2017

I think for these two, whoever falls in love with them is the third party. For Mayu, a guy will never satisfy her. For Emi, a woman will be accused of being a manipulative bitch. So, they will always find each other even how toxic it is.

Images%20(18)
joined Oct 18, 2017

Isn't hunting is like lovemaking in nature? Like the eye of a tiger on its prey? Bizarre analogy as it is but the adrenaline for the kill pumps the heart to never break the connection to a bite, firmly planted sensing the prey.

Images%20(18)
joined Oct 18, 2017

Terminologies in this story are not really important in my case. Throughout the course of literature, this folklore creature had been innovated soothing one's imagination. Like Bram Stoker's Dracula, Anne Rice's Lestat, Stephenie Meyer's Edward... or smooth portrayal of Wesley Snipes' Blade... or Count Dracula of Sesame Street(hehe...). All these boil down to integration in the story. In this instance, the author's vampire-chan is a papiliodaemon. I guess, it was thoroughly explained in here. Come to think of it, IMO, a vampire is a demon. Just like Vlad Dracula was better known as a devil/demon which thirsts for blood. Dracula means in Wallachian language "devil".

Ackerman
Helen ESP discussion 31 Oct 05:28
Images%20(18)
joined Oct 18, 2017

Surprisingly good for my taste except for the extra chap. Hahaha. . Quite imaginative and entertaining, I would say. Lot of metaphysical concepts in here. Thinking is inevitable.

Images%20(18)
joined Oct 18, 2017

I was not dealing much of why Shiori is not in the room anymore since little was given. The enigma of the reason/s has two things for me:
1. The author doesn't know, either which way, the author's story or someone's the author knew. The answer only lies from Shiori.
2. If this is inspired from a real life, the owner of the story doesn't want to divulge the reason/s. Or even the owner doesn't know. However,

If this is inspired from real life, the owner of the story already knew by now the reason/s why Shiori went away. For in this recent release, it readily presented the word, bad liar. Something Shiori smiled and kept in mind that it shouldn't be known.

Images%20(18)
joined Oct 18, 2017

Too tangible to be metaphorical. Oddly symbolic.

Ackerman
Images%20(18)
joined Oct 18, 2017

Thanks.

Ackerman
Images%20(18)
joined Oct 18, 2017

My manga jargon is a little bit messed up. Why is there a tag, yaoi? I was associating these words (het, yaoi, yuri) with emotions involved. Clearly, the boys kissed out of pure accident. On the other hand, the treasurer voluntarily kissed the president. I am not an expert on this.

last edited at Oct 29, 2017 12:02AM

Images%20(18)
joined Oct 18, 2017

Forgive me. I've just read the first released story to better grasp this current released. First, my vocabulary is a little bit messed up on "prequel" tag. The way I understand it, this current story is an insertion of the first released. Consequently, I considered these points:
1.Shiori is a closet lesbian. She is physically attracted to Touko. Her parents let her do what she wants but strict on to whom she closely associates with. To which, I assumed the family practices on "arranged marriage".
2. In the course of time, both fell in love. It just happened. Both didn't realize as this was not their original intention.
3. It was Shiori who made a move to live together. Reason? She longs for that physical contact.
4. Touko is emotionally expressive, a Top-partner with a compulsion on tantric sex. lazy, no-drive for bettering herself, stress-free individual.
5. Shiori is not expressive verbally but can easily be read to which Touko can't since she is dense. Shiori is "reputation" conscious which I assumed because of the family. In sex, she is a bottom who likes to be on top.
6. I emphasized on the sex because I believed this is where they connect. They are just sexually compatible. For in communication, they amissed.
7. The brokenness of Touko comes from an innate desire on the "forever" to which Shiori knew all along that it is impossible.

For me, it is beyond cruelty to lead a person. To let them believe, invest emotionally(time, effort, dreams) for nothing. It is like for me robbing them of their humanity. It is insanely degrading. I go for a goosebumped clichè, "Honesty is the best policy", but... still works.

Ackerman
Doubt discussion 27 Oct 19:11
Images%20(18)
joined Oct 18, 2017

Yeah. This is a pretty cool story.

Ackerman
Images%20(18)
joined Oct 18, 2017

I always admire people who are not afraid to follow their own beat. Characters who sing their unheard music. Authors who don't give shits on rules in writing. This is my first read on "repetitive" writing and it serves its purpose as the story unfolds starting from Kase-san.