Dynasty Scans
joined Feb 14, 2011

... Was this Michan's idea?

Maybe.

Michan Staff
Page-11
Dynasty Scans
joined Feb 14, 2011

I want to delete my account. I won't pay a single cent to this site to read yuri like I always used to. I'm sorry if this is a lack of respect towards the staff, scanlators and users here. But this was the ultimate dimb update that made me want to delete my account. I don't know how to do it here, so I would be glad if a staff member were so kind to do it for me. I'm not planning to ever come back, just so you know. You lost one of your readers here.

We apologize for an inconvenience our new business model may have caused you, but we truly appreciate this is the right way to go.

As a token of our remorse we wish to offer you, in the name of our chairman Casusby, a free 30-day Gay For Pay™ subscription, starting on april 2nd, when our premium service is set to go live.

Once again we truly apologize and hope you will continue frequenting our website.

Michan Staff
Page-11
Dynasty Scans
joined Feb 14, 2011

Note: Premium accounts will become available on April 2nd due to a bug in our system. Starting tomorrow downloads will only be available to users who upgrade to atleast a Spitting Distance™ account in our secure DSM format, as advertised above.

Payment types will include Credit Card and Bitcoin.

last edited at Mar 31, 2013 6:22PM

Michan Staff
Page-11
Dynasty Scans
joined Feb 14, 2011

TORONTO, Canadia—March 31, 2013— Dynasty-Scans® is proud to present a new and improved Dynasty Reader® experience. This new strategy will ensure that as Dynasty-Scans® can continue to provide innovative solutions in an increasingly competitive global manga market. In addition to allowing current users to support the Dynasty Reader® through compulsory monetization*, Dynasty-Scans® will begin offering new premium services on both an ad hoc and subscription basis.

• Yuri Goggles™ accounts will allow you to view up to 30 chapters per month! Yuri Goggles™ accounts are available for free! Don't want to wait in the queue? For just $1, you get instant access for 24 hours or 50 chapters, whichever comes first!

• Spitting Distance™ accounts will allow you to view the site without any of the in-chapter advertisements and will give you instant access to new chapters (up to 100 per week)! Spitting Distance™ accounts are available for $3 per month or just $30 per year! Spitting Distance™ users can access the Dynasty Reader® App for iOS™ or Android™ for no additional cost!

• Gay For Pay™ accounts will allow you to view the site without any advertisements and give you unlimited instant access to all of our content. Gay For Pay™ accounts are available for $5 per month or just $50 per year! Gay For Pay™ users not only get access to the Dynasty Reader® App for iOS™ or Android™, they can also download backup copies in our secure DSM ebook format** for just $1 per chapter or $4 per volume!

The Dynasty-Scans® board of directors approved the rebranding and new monetization strategy in light of the recent failure of digital manga reader JManga. Board chairman Casusby issued the following statement to the staff in announcing the new policy: "I approve of all this. Make it happen people."

Dynasty-Scans: Mostly Dicks, All For You

About Dynasty-Scans
Dynasty-Scans® (http://dynasty-scans.com) was founded in 2005 by Wyvern_D (editor), Co_ol (translator) and ChronoXVIII (editor, proofreader) in order to pick up Pastel™. The group started with only one project but quickly expanded the number of series, favoring shoujo-ai and manga with kickass artwork. quincy lead the group until July 2006. At that point, Casusby jumped in and since then, has ruled over dynasty-scans as its supreme leader (much like Kim Jong Il). In August 2009, the flagship project was dropped due to disinterest by the staff, leading Dynasty-Scans® to focus to settle on yuri and some fringe series. The Dynasty Reader®, launched in 2009, provided a central location for yuri manga online. By 2012, the Dynasty Reader® had become the face of the group, transforming the way at least 10 people read manga.

*Usage of Adblock Plus and similar tools may result in temporary suspension of an account or permanent banning upon repeat offenses.

**DSM ebooks require an internet connection. Loss of connection may cause your content to be rendered temporarily unavailable.

last edited at Mar 31, 2013 11:08PM

Page-11
Dynasty Scans
joined Feb 14, 2011

I'd like to suggest a series called "riko to haru to onsen to iruka" , I think it fits here since it contains kind of school life and yuri content.

Please use the upload request feature located in the dropdown menu on the top-right of the page. Requesting stuff in here makes it extremely difficult to keep track of.

Michan Staff
Page-11
Dynasty Scans
joined Feb 14, 2011

You'll probably still have to wait months considering the backlog. Seasons might be out pretty soon though.

Page-11
Dynasty Scans
joined Feb 14, 2011

It appears to be impossible to suggest the "Yuri" tag be added to a series or chapter.

We noticed that a while ago, and sent a bug report to Omn. So until he gets around to it you'll have to request the tag through a forum post or something. Sorry for the inconvenience~

Michan Staff
Page-11
Dynasty Scans
joined Feb 14, 2011

Everything.

No.

Michan Staff
Page-11
Dynasty Scans
joined Feb 14, 2011

It ended kind of abruptly. I wonder if there's a series with them out there somewhere.

There isn't. We checked.

Michan Staff
Page-11
Dynasty Scans
joined Feb 14, 2011

woo
I really love it <3
Can I trans this to Vietnamese?

Go ahead. There's really no need to ask us.

Page-11
Dynasty Scans
joined Feb 14, 2011

Does Futari Wa Pretty Anon upload their own stuff?

Nope.

Michan Staff
Page-11
Dynasty Scans
joined Feb 14, 2011

There has been no sequel of this story released so far, although there's a good chance it will be continued at some point.

Michan Staff
Page-11
Dynasty Scans
joined Feb 14, 2011

My dear twitter followers probably saw the preview of this weeks ago, and I was totally almost done when I posted that. But then laziness struck once again. Oops.

This is pretty much a prime example of spitting distance yuri. I hear from unreliable sources however that we have more stuff by this author, in which kissing is actually a thing. Shocking, I know.

Just the Two of Us
Read Online | Direct Download

Next up should be some more Happy Jets.

...Unless I end up doing a totally different thing as usual.

last edited at Mar 19, 2013 12:55PM

Michan Staff
Page-11
Dynasty Scans
joined Feb 14, 2011

I agree with you on most of the points, however I think downloads actually would have contributed to Jmanga's success. Other online readers, like you mentioned, run on ads, or are just non-profit (like this one). But to sell the manga the way they did, would only be justified if they offered downloads, so people don't lose all their shit when they go down, and simply for practical purposes.

Another option would have been a subscription model like Crunchyroll does it, in which no download option could be defended to some extent, since it's clear you're renting their stuff rather than buying.

Michan Staff
Page-11
Dynasty Scans
joined Feb 14, 2011

http://okazu.yuricon.com/2013/03/18/hard-decisions/

last edited at Mar 18, 2013 4:55PM

Michan Staff
Prism discussion 18 Mar 09:25
Page-11
Dynasty Scans
joined Feb 14, 2011

Tracing backgrounds is one thing, tracing entire characters/scenes is another.

Michan Staff
Octave discussion 17 Mar 17:08
Page-11
Dynasty Scans
joined Feb 14, 2011

I never liked this all that much, but i'll have to learn to love it just to annoy Seravi. It shall be glorious.

Michan Staff
Page-11
Dynasty Scans
joined Feb 14, 2011

And, with their great "Hey thanks for all your money. Have fun with your rental until May 30, then kindly fuck off" approach, scare people off from ever investing money into such a black box again. Both are good things in my book.

you are right on that, it will be a long time before someone decides to invest on this type of approach. Consumers would think twice before spending their money on a shaky product that one day will just disappear out of the blue. It feels more like you are just renting the product, rather than owning it/buying it.

If they actually rented out the manga in a way similar to netflix (pay X/mo for everything) it would have been a fair trade-off for not owning the product. But with the way it was you're going to get shafted at some point of time either way. Even if they had only gone down in 5 years it would have been sour, since people were under the assumption they owned something.

Michan Staff
Page-11
Dynasty Scans
joined Feb 14, 2011

Personally, I have nothing against reading manga online, but like Phyis said, Jmanga's model was shit all along. Even if they just let you download manga you 'bought' their system would have worked a whole damn lot better.

Page-11
Dynasty Scans
joined Feb 14, 2011

Not for much longer: http://www.jmanga.com/urgent-message

Well fuck me.

Michan Staff
Page-11
Dynasty Scans
joined Feb 14, 2011

Whoa. Didn't see that coming. I think it's safe to assume their licenses have been dropped with termination of the service, though I can't say for sure. Scan groups are likely going to wait with picking series back up again (if at all) until more is known about the situation.

Page-11
Dynasty Scans
joined Feb 14, 2011

Long been licensed by Seven Seas. We don't host licensed material, remember?

And former licensed material no longer licensed like all the stuff in Jmanga ?

Stuff on Jmanga is licensed by Jmanga.

Michan Staff
Love DNA XX discussion 10 Mar 17:37
Page-11
Dynasty Scans
joined Feb 14, 2011

Just a little? Lucky.

Michan Staff
Maple Love discussion 07 Mar 14:17
Page-11
Dynasty Scans
joined Feb 14, 2011

Great. Push work on me while I'm gone. Really great.

Michan Staff
Sunset orange lips 05 Mar 10:46
Page-11
Dynasty Scans
joined Feb 14, 2011

The relationship is known as Casusby´s rage. We are planning on uploading TS releases anyway, regardless of his personal grudges. I´m pretty sure they gave us permission ages ago.

last edited at Mar 5, 2013 12:52PM