Forum › Posts by Drew8898

Drew8898
joined Aug 6, 2015

I wonder if peoples' opinions of Takeda have changed regarding the events of chapter 5. We all know the other guy is a real douche, but I've read a lot of people lumping Takeda in with him before this, mainly saying he was only concerned with getting laid on the trip and didn't care about the protagonist at all. Personally, I can no longer say that's the truth, but I wonder if others have had their opinions swayed.

Chapter 5 proved all he was out for was to get laid. It worsened my opinion of him. Fair enough he backed out when he knew she didn't want it, but then he sulks and doesn't talk to her again, jut because she won't provide the sex he was expecting.

I mean, conversation is a two way street. That's not entirely on Takeda. If anything, he should be a little weirded out and/or confused about the protagonists's actions.

She agrees to go on this trip along with another couple, and it's implied that the rooms were set beforehand for each couple. Even the girls acknowledge that they'll have sex with the guys. Things are going well, then at the cusp of their first night, the protagonist throws a curve ball out of nowhere. Granted. she's being hardcore manipulated by this point, but Takeda is in the dark about that. Okay. Takeda-bro can deal with rejection. He's still on good terms with her. Sure, he seems to be depressed for a bit before quickly getting over not getting laid.

Next night, the protagonist announces in front of everyone that they'll go back to their original room assignments, pretty much saying "Ima have sex with you as planned, Takeda." We know as readers that the girl is confused and upset, but Takeda doesn't really. They get in, but something's not right. Takeda has the decency to recognize that the girl is troubled and doesn't actually want sex right then. He does the honorable thing and backs off.

Now dialogue between them is rocky, and I really can't blame either of them. The protagonist is sexually confused, and Takeda is just confused in general. The girl sent some serious mixed signals that whole trip. Her mouth said yes, but her body language screamed no. Use your words, girl. That whole trip was a huge mind fk for Takeda. Even assuming he's a perfectly innocent guy who just wanted to do it with the girlfriend he genuinely liked, the only thing he could take away from that trip is "Bitches be crazy, and I don't know what's going on."

Going a few days without talking to her is kind of a dick move, but again, that's not entirely just on him. Maybe he thinks she needs some space to sort her issues out. Or maybe he's done with her like you say. I don't know. We'll see in the coming chapters.

Drew8898
joined Aug 6, 2015

I wonder if peoples' opinions of Takeda have changed regarding the events of chapter 5. We all know the other guy is a real douche, but I've read a lot of people lumping Takeda in with him before this, mainly saying he was only concerned with getting laid on the trip and didn't care about the protagonist at all. Personally, I can no longer say that's the truth, but I wonder if others have had their opinions swayed.

Drew8898
joined Aug 6, 2015

This was a really nice, chill series to read through. Made my day a little better. I really like how nothing's really that big of a deal. it's not about the witchcraft. That just makes it better.

joined Aug 6, 2015

I really enjoyed reading it. For me it's kinda different than other manga's because the two "main character's" are not in every chapter and we get to know many more character's and story's which i really like. Keep up the great work!

I think that's part of the reason I'm starting not to like this series as much as I did in the first couple of chapters. I feel like there's just an over-saturation of couples, now. Two to three I think is okay, but it seems like now there's a new couple every 3 chapters. I know we're still at the point where the number of couples is fairly low, but I'd much rather the author develop what we have rather than continuing to add in more and more mini arcs for new couples.

I feel like it's a bit ridiculous.