Forum › Posts by Arujin

Arujin
Sulk
joined Jul 19, 2015

Tagging something "lolicon" is the vaguest shit ever anyway. Lolicons dont need compromising camera angles to feel attracted to little girls. Just make a tag "loli" or better "children" (since loli can just as well refer to an adult woman) and combine it with "ecchi" if necessary

last edited at Aug 4, 2019 3:21PM

Arujin
Yuzurenai discussion 01 Aug 22:33
Sulk
joined Jul 19, 2015

Damn bro

Arujin
Sulk
joined Jul 19, 2015

If I understand correctly, Nene expressly decided to go to the same high school as Amane, even after she had decided to break up with her.

If she really believed that cutting ties was necessary (either for her own psychological well-being or to protect Amane from the consequences of the toxic way their relationship was making Nene feel), she could have gone elsewhere.

So going to the same school and then torturing Amane emotionally negates any positive spin you could put on her decision to break up.

I’m saying that I do dislike the writing choice here, because to make it work (i.e., to make Nene seem more like a conflicted adolescent and less like a sadistic narcissist) we would have needed more and earlier insight into Nene’s decision and more nuance in how she treated Amane (and Kou, for that matter—that business of “flaunt the new relationship in the place that used to be the Special Place with the old girlfriend and where the OG now works” is almost as shitty a thing to do to the new girlfriend as to the old).

In my opinion, there doesn't need to be a "positive spin" on her break up. The most sensible spin would be if she actually stopped being in love with. All I'm saying is that it's a "solid" explanation. Getting a backstory onto why she did what she did doesn't mean the writer is trying to redeem her. Obviously backstories like these carry those connotations but I really don't see it that way. I believe it's too early to say "this doesn't work" and it's generally why I refrain from getting into following up on these kinds of conversations without the talked about drama being resolved. All I'm saying is that the point felt solid and multi-layered enough to carry the drama on in a fresh way, hopefully leading to a good resolution of not only their relationship but also Nene's complex. Obviously I can't guarantee whether the mangaka's writing ability can achieve that, but I also believe calling this badly written just because we don't sympathise with Nene's actions after her sad backstory is tad pessimistic.

Sulk
joined Jul 19, 2015

Kinda raw

Arujin
Sulk
joined Jul 19, 2015

Yes, and if it did work out we probably wouldn't have a story here. I'm not sure why you keep replying to me talking about how Nene's failed to execute her plan when I wasn't talking about that in the first place.

Sulk
joined Jul 19, 2015

The more I read this the more I want a mango of this set like 6 years from now on. Mainly for Noah and Hinata

Arujin
Sulk
joined Jul 19, 2015

As far as the "cutting ties for your own good" trope goes, I think this one had one of the better reasons behind it, since the problem was Nene's own terrible feelings-- which she was promptly disturbed by.

Cutting ties with Amane doesn't solve anything. The problem is not Amane to begin with. Nene had issues from before she met Amane. She has to face those issues.

Yes, Amane wasn't the problem, that's what I said. No matter how you look at it Nene's own feelings are the issue here-- she realized them and decided to promptly cut ties with Amane because she figured she'd eventually only end up hurting her in one way or another. From a reader's perspective it's easy to say "that's stupid just sort it out with her", but as far as fictional drama goes I don't think this was bad reasoning.

...and then she promptly failed to follow through with even that and instead ended up rubbing salt into the wound in a weird passive-aggressive limbo relationship until Kou came along.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yeah, sure, but that's not what I'm talking about.
I was saying that I'm fine with the explanation given, not that she succeeded in what she wanted to achieve. She probably wanted to cut ties entirely. For the record, I'm not trying to take some moral high ground and give moral advice to fictional characters, I'm not saying what she did was right or wrong, I'm strictly just talking about the writing behind the conflict and how I don't dislike it

last edited at Jul 29, 2019 9:55PM

Arujin
Sulk
joined Jul 19, 2015

Huh, yeah I agree with above. Axing is pretty evident from the last chapters.

last edited at Jul 29, 2019 9:48PM

Arujin
Sulk
joined Jul 19, 2015

As far as the "cutting ties for your own good" trope goes, I think this one had one of the better reasons behind it, since the problem was Nene's own terrible feelings-- which she was promptly disturbed by.

Cutting ties with Amane doesn't solve anything. The problem is not Amane to begin with. Nene had issues from before she met Amane. She has to face those issues.

Yes, Amane wasn't the problem, that's what I said. No matter how you look at it Nene's own feelings are the issue here-- she realized them and decided to promptly cut ties with Amane because she figured she'd eventually only end up hurting her in one way or another. From a reader's perspective it's easy to say "that's stupid just sort it out with her", but as far as fictional drama goes I don't think this was bad reasoning.

Arujin
Sulk
joined Jul 19, 2015

This wasn't nearly as bad as you guys made it out to be

Arujin
Sulk
joined Jul 19, 2015

As far as the "cutting ties for your own good" trope goes, I think this one had one of the better reasons behind it, since the problem was Nene's own terrible feelings-- which she was promptly disturbed by. There was no outside influence, just Nene's own complex she's got to face for this to work out, I think that's pretty good.

last edited at Jul 26, 2019 3:36AM

Arujin
Sulk
joined Jul 19, 2015

This whole thing is worth reading for Kuro and Miyabi alone, they are really fun, almost to a fault-- seriously, it's making me care alot less about the MC

Arujin
New Game discussion 24 Jul 23:40
Sulk
joined Jul 19, 2015

I really liked that chapter with the disabled girl, I hope we get to see more of her and Sophie

Arujin
Sulk
joined Jul 19, 2015

Gave me a chuckle, I hope every new chapter introduces a girl who falls in love with MC after they get absolutely hugged by her

Sulk
joined Jul 19, 2015

All these designs are really fucking nice

Sulk
joined Jul 19, 2015

This got really funny out of nowehere

Sulk
joined Jul 19, 2015

It's cuteness mayhem

Arujin
Sulk
joined Jul 19, 2015

Going from just my past experience with fictional drama, this really seems like Nene is trying to get Amane to cut her romantic feelings for her completely. And I doubt it's out of spite, I imagine she's probably doing it to protect Amane in some obscure way, even if it means Amane starting to hate her. That seems about right how this would usually go right? Seriously gonna be surprised if they subvert my expectations and those are Nene's actual honest feelings.

Arujin
Sulk
joined Jul 19, 2015

Can we not

Sulk
joined Jul 19, 2015

Damn, this pace at which these chapters keep coming up is as good as the content, keep it up /u/

Sulk
joined Jul 19, 2015

This one is too good, never stop scanlating this please

Arujin
Sulk
joined Jul 19, 2015

women are scary

Arujin
Sulk
joined Jul 19, 2015

The idea that a woman can't break up a relationship unless she gives a explanation good enough to satisfy her partner is sick and revolting
The partner is not satisfied with her reasons? so what, who cares?

The problem with this case is Nene only said 'I don't love you anymore' and Amane of course was not satisfied, it makes Nene look bad and it's cruel on Amane, but if it's wrong to break up unless your partner is satisfied then by the same logic a girl can't break up with her abusive bf as long as he keeps saying her reasons are not good: 'You want to dump me cause I beat you up? no, I'm not satisfied with that reason, so stick with me forever'

You don't need any reason to break up with someone, just wanting it is enough

I'm not saying she did anything wrong for breaking up with Amane, or her reasons were bad, she just didn't give a reason. Sure, you don't need to and she probably had her reasons, but I feel giving one is common courtesy. Like, if they love you and you at some point love them, I think you owe them an explanation. It's not a law or anything, but this was the drama manga equivalent of breaking up over text, it's not technically wrong, it's just rude as hell and disrespectful to the other party who probably deserved better. Once again, I'm sure we'll get our reasons, but until then, I think Nene handled that breakup very poorly.

I can't exactly relate to camera senpai, but I think she's fairly pitiable herself, considering her position. If her relationship like Amane was like this for who knows how long, it was only a matter of time until she snapped. I just hope she didn't have a hand in Nene breaking up with Amane, that would be awfully uninspired.

I disagree. If you have a thing for somebody and you say nothing, and they get into a relationship, that's your own fault. I've made that mistake, and I know it's my own fault now. I feel no sense of pity or sympathy towards her because she went out of her way to hurt her friends to satisfy her own selfish desire.

As for Kou. No, she did nothing wrong. I think maybe she could talk to Amane instead of keeping it a secret, but at the same time, I get why she doesn't, so I don't dislike her.

You missed my point. I'm saying it's pitiable that Amane only ever visits camera senpai and opens up to her when she's in pain. You don't have to sympathise with someone to pity them.

Arujin
Sulk
joined Jul 19, 2015

Yeah, people are acting like burgerland laws are the universal morality system. This would probably be controversial irl, but I don't think the girl is young enough for it be considered a controversial piece of fiction.
That aside, this is great and I want more.

last edited at Jun 7, 2019 10:57AM

Arujin
Sulk
joined Jul 19, 2015

I can't exactly relate to camera senpai, but I think she's fairly pitiable herself, considering her position. If her relationship like Amane was like this for who knows how long, it was only a matter of time until she snapped. I just hope she didn't have a hand in Nene breaking up with Amane, that would be awfully uninspired.

last edited at Jun 6, 2019 9:42PM