Forum › Posts by MegaWallflower

MegaWallflower
Capture
joined Sep 22, 2014

I like that it got to this "unambiguous mutual pining" part so quickly. Still waiting for the "war zone" thing from the description, though.

MegaWallflower
Kase-san discussion 01 Apr 00:42
Capture
joined Sep 22, 2014

I know this is not the end with an update next month but if this was the end then I would have been completely satisfied.

It really does feel like a conclusion. A good one, too. But I look forward to seeing more!

MegaWallflower
Capture
joined Sep 22, 2014

We need that sister in all yuri stories.

Capture
joined Sep 22, 2014

This is so heart-warming.

MegaWallflower
Image Comments 14 Mar 01:52
Capture
joined Sep 22, 2014
Poke-tl

I'm ashamed how long it took me to realize that "Lillie mad" is a pun on "really mad".

MegaWallflower
Girl Talk discussion 13 Mar 23:41
Capture
joined Sep 22, 2014

That was really short and cute! Loved it~

MegaWallflower
Capture
joined Sep 22, 2014

Kageka if it was a guy it wouldn't say "I'm her aunt" I think... I bet it's really the aunt, they're not at shio-chan's apartment but in the one that the aunt lives in (I mean, the apartment looks different that the one where shio is in, I believe).

That would explain why I don't see the extra lock she added when we have a full view of the door.
http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/happy_sugar_life_ch08#14

Then again, I assumed that was what she removed when she bent down.

MegaWallflower
Capture
joined Sep 22, 2014

THAT FAKEOUT AT THE START

Then again, it was exactly what anyone would have theorized up to this point, so it would have been a bit underwhelming if that was the case so straight-forwardly. Now that the teacher assumes it, I'm inclined to think there's something really off about the theory. I can't wait to see what the twist of it is. Could the one in the bag actually be Shio's mom?

This might explain why we haven't seen Sato's apartment so far in this volume.

MegaWallflower
Scandal discussion 08 Mar 21:38
Capture
joined Sep 22, 2014

Still thinking that Ayane did what she had to do in order to get what she wanted. Looking at the result, she comes out on top, without question.

Maybe people don't want to relate to her, because she's "an horrible person", but looking at it with cynicism, she did a good job.

Really can't deny that either...

That girl is definitely an evil genius. The only sketchy thing about her plan is the fact that she kept that picture of them kissing on her phone 6 months into dating. It feels like it could have been spotted at any time, but then again, when you're that careful and that trusted, even that's not an issue.

MegaWallflower
Scandal discussion 08 Mar 01:11
Capture
joined Sep 22, 2014

I find it strange that the people who are going off on Nagisa because her (justified) jealousy had potential implications for Misaki's idol career, seem completely undisturbed by Ayane deliberately crushing it entirely.

I agree complete! Just because Nagisa was getting warning signals doesn't mean she wasn't a good partner. But what else could she do after she was completely outmatched by an evil genius that Misaki trusted more than her own girlfriend? Logically speaking, the earlier photos in that magazine of "Misaki's affairs" were probably from Ayane as well, so this outcome was practically an inevitability if Misaki herself wasn't going to have faith in their relationship.

MegaWallflower
Capture
joined Sep 22, 2014

Oh, something from Magical Girl Raising Project! It's a treat to get to see these characters in happy times ; v ;

MegaWallflower
Capture
joined Sep 22, 2014

The first kiss had the taste of a criminal case...

Had they really not kissed before their adult lives?

MegaWallflower
Capture
joined Sep 22, 2014

Pokemon yuri is always so cute!

MegaWallflower
Capture
joined Sep 22, 2014

Man, Tsubaki doesn't play around.

MegaWallflower
Capture
joined Sep 22, 2014

It turned into a 4koma for a bit! It's always had 4koma-ish sort of humor, so that was cute.

The ending of this chapter was surprisingly touching...

MegaWallflower
Capture
joined Sep 22, 2014

A nice little story.

MegaWallflower
Capture
joined Sep 22, 2014

Even if Sato doesn't deal with this like we're expecting --because Sato seems to need to be pushed to do something drastic, since she is always considering the consequences on her image --I feel like the teacher would target Shouko at some point to get the answers then.

MegaWallflower
Capture
joined Sep 22, 2014

Could this be the catalyst that pushes them into true couple territory?

MegaWallflower
Capture
joined Sep 22, 2014

On another note, we have yet to even see Shio in this volume so far, except that color page. We haven't been to Satou's house once. I hope that's not implying something.

MegaWallflower
Capture
joined Sep 22, 2014

I want to say "Yay! I thought she might have feelings for Satou!" but this feels like a huge death flag.

MegaWallflower
Capture
joined Sep 22, 2014

Don't give up Sayuri, you'll get your kiss one day!

MegaWallflower
Capture
joined Sep 22, 2014

I don't know the relationship with the glasses girl, but was she embarrassed only because the kouhai was there? is she into the kouhai?

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/yuri_mekuru_hibi_ch09#4
It's Senpai's little sister, who literally worships the ground Sayuri walks on.

"I hope Senpai doesn't think I lack common sense" Sayuri... sweetheart...

MegaWallflower
Capture
joined Sep 22, 2014

I still think the mother might have done something. Not to the level of their father, but Asahi said that he's lost all faith in adults, so I don't know if he feels that because his mother simply lost Shio to a crazy kidnapper. Since this is so psychological, my guess is that the stress of living in fear and having to raise a girl on her own when she probably wasn't self-sufficient financially before may have made her unstable or harsher with Shio than she should have been. It's certainly not unheard of. Like in Aishiteruze Baby.

...Then again, it's also possible that Shio's just projecting her fears of her father onto her last parental figure as well because it was so ingrained in her, so the lashing out really is imagined. Shio's memories are all messed up anyway you put it.

MegaWallflower
Capture
joined Sep 22, 2014

I get that the afterword is the general attitude towards young girls in relationships over there (that they'll grow out of it, it's a phase, it's a mistake/practice for "real" relationships with boys), and that actually comes up as a talking point in other stories, but it's still ...sobering to see that in the end. Especially after the short bit about Kumiko and Reina grown up and living together?

MegaWallflower
Capture
joined Sep 22, 2014

and we finally got a KumiRei doujin just after the ship sank in the Anime Series

I don't want to know but now that you said it I have to know. Please explain

Reina for whatever reason is pining for her teacher...

That was always a thing, but it was incredibly limited in the first season to the point where I can only remember a single scene where it came up before seemingly everyone forgot about it. Season two, on the other hand, has put a big ol' spotlight on the thing. There were a few big moments of this, but it's also permeated a lot of her character beyond said moments.

It also gives us reason to believe that they're fully going with the novel's ending.