Forum › Posts by Phyis

Midori-facepalm
Yuri Project
joined Dec 12, 2012

I can understand that you're happy enough at that point to ravage your lover right then and there. But yeah, it does feel a bit shoehorned in.

Phyis Moderator
Midori-facepalm
Yuri Project
joined Dec 12, 2012

I love how the narration boxes sometimes play tsukkomi for Wakatsuki. Anyway, next chapter will take a while, I don't see the point working on magazine scans when the next volume is getting released in a month anyway.

Wakatsuki really is an idiot...

More like Bakatsuki, amirite? Sorry.

Phyis Moderator
Midori-facepalm
Yuri Project
joined Dec 12, 2012

Yes, it's Morinaga.

Midori-facepalm
Yuri Project
joined Dec 12, 2012

Chapter 5, the number on their page is incorrect. And yes, we'll continue working on it; the reasons I listed why we picked up the series in the first place haven't changed, going by this one. Currently reshuffling my workload to have the first volume done asap.

last edited at Apr 22, 2013 12:29AM

Phyis Moderator
Citrus discussion 20 Apr 20:38
Midori-facepalm
Yuri Project
joined Dec 12, 2012

Pattern recognition. It has been in every Yuri Hime issue so far and Yuri Hime is published bimonthly. Of course there is always the possibility that a chapter skips an issue but that should be announced on the author's twitter.

Phyis Moderator
Midori-facepalm
Yuri Project
joined Dec 12, 2012

Neither, it's just the end of the chapter.

Edit after looking at the raw: Oh, it's also in there. And I thought it was such a great point to put in an "well folks, show's over" troll.

last edited at Apr 20, 2013 6:33PM

Phyis Moderator
Citrus discussion 20 Apr 18:10
Midori-facepalm
Yuri Project
joined Dec 12, 2012

It's probably monthly but I've been wrong enough times to not say anything definitive other than what it isn't :P

Good choice, it's bimonthly.

Midori-facepalm
Yuri Project
joined Dec 12, 2012

It's at 24 or 25 chapters now and still ongoing.

Phyis Moderator
Midori-facepalm
Yuri Project
joined Dec 12, 2012

everyone around here seems to be depraved

That's a given.

Midori-facepalm
Yuri Project
joined Dec 12, 2012

Havent another scanlator already released some chapters?? I've read this somewhere...

Fallen Syndicate did the first few chapters already, but they've been using low quality, low resolution magazine scans and the translation is questionable in quite a few places. 3 months between chapters also isn't something I'm happy about with a still ongoing monthly series, so we'll do it now.

last edited at Apr 17, 2013 9:37AM

Phyis Moderator
Midori-facepalm
Yuri Project
joined Dec 12, 2012

Wanting to know more of the person behind the work is basic human curiosity, especially when they try to keep their identity under wraps like many mangaka tend to do. Biographies and celebrity gossip rags sell for a reason. As long as you don't judge people for their work (well, within reason) and vice versa, who cares.

Believe Akiko is too.

Well, the name is a give-away, she openly identifies as female, is engaged in the lgbt community and there are pictures of her. So yeah, unless it's a ridiculously thorough fake identity... Many others aren't quite so clear: Namori, Ritz, Kuroda and so on.

Phyis Moderator
Midori-facepalm
Yuri Project
joined Dec 12, 2012

His

Personal experience perhaps. Takemiya is female.

last edited at Apr 16, 2013 4:25PM

Phyis Moderator
Midori-facepalm
Yuri Project
joined Dec 12, 2012

What is Seasons? A new Yuri anthology magazine?

No, it's a single book.

Phyis Moderator
Midori-facepalm
Yuri Project
joined Dec 12, 2012

Nah, just a joke that's a lot funnier when you're sleep-deprived.

Phyis Moderator
Midori-facepalm
Yuri Project
joined Dec 12, 2012

It's been two months and that's really nothing for everything that's not shounen or otherwise really popular.

But it feels a little rushed for the moment.

Not really. Keep in mind there are two volumes and it's only the second chapter. There'll be plenty more development.

three... years since volume 6. Still waiting impatiently

Huh, well I hope for your sake that mangaupdates is as unreliable as usual when it says the series is complete then.

Anyway, thank you Lililicious, great work!

Phyis Moderator
Prunus Girl discussion 14 Apr 14:01
Midori-facepalm
Yuri Project
joined Dec 12, 2012

Perhaps you should continue reading instead of taking stock of one-off incidents to have a pointless argument about terminology. Or don't read it, whatever, just stop this.

Phyis Moderator
Prunus Girl discussion 14 Apr 12:26
Midori-facepalm
Yuri Project
joined Dec 12, 2012

Such a sweet ending.

Phyis Moderator
Midori-facepalm
Yuri Project
joined Dec 12, 2012

Apples and oranges. Girl Friends is a romance drama, Octave is a coming-of-age story and SK is primarily a romantic comedy.

Phyis Moderator
Midori-facepalm
Yuri Project
joined Dec 12, 2012

52 is listed under April' Foolz instead Vol 9 on the series page.

Phyis Moderator
Midori-facepalm
Yuri Project
joined Dec 12, 2012

No.

Phyis Moderator
Midori-facepalm
Yuri Project
joined Dec 12, 2012

"Hey, a woman's happiness lies in marriage, so I'm going to do that even though you're the one I love. And I love you so much that I'm going to rub it in any step of the way tee-hee!" Just because something elicits an emotion doesn't mean it's well written. The character acts like she is from space and only vaguely familiar with human emotion and the message this sends is reprehensible. And this won an award in 2011. Thanks for reminding me of this piece of shit, now I have to clean the palate with something.

Phyis Moderator
Sisterism discussion 12 Apr 03:07
Midori-facepalm
Yuri Project
joined Dec 12, 2012

The end of Tsubomi has been an established fact for 4 months now, Yoshitomi had enough time to make an at least decent ending. Morinaga pulled that off and so did Hakamada. Hell, I'm pretty sure another volume would've been in the cards if he had wanted to. And even if that wasn't the case, extenuating circumstances don't make a product any better. You don't have to turn someone's opinion into some kind of personality flaw because they're not "getting it."

last edited at Apr 12, 2013 3:13AM

Phyis Moderator
Midori-facepalm
Yuri Project
joined Dec 12, 2012

Ok... but is Tsubomi gonna release anything tomorrow?!? I'm confused... I know that Yuri Project has caught up with the Japanese releases (except for some extra things in the tankoubon) but is MrE talking only about Notes or all of Tsubomi's series?

I think MrE mixed up something. Tsubomi was published bimonthly, it isn't anymore unfortunately. Webcomics are on the second and fourth Wednesday of every month. What will be released however isn't clearly scheduled, there are at best some observable patterns (Another Kiss monthly, Secret Recipe was bimonthly and so on). So no, we have no idea when the next chapter will come out and whether it'll be the last. We only know volume 2 will be out in mid June so the last chapter will be released sometime before then.

Phyis Moderator
Citrus discussion 07 Apr 14:22
Midori-facepalm
Yuri Project
joined Dec 12, 2012

Well, I love the art but the story... not so much for the moment. It's all over the place, somewhat cliche, etc.

And here I was beginning to feel really alone, thank you.
I don't really mind reading cliche stuff, but something about this one isn't really doing it for me. I definitely like the art. Maybe the story picks up with the next chapter.

The entire setup is asking too much for me to just blindly accept, really. "Transferring in fall" means this wasn't short notice, mom didn't pick up this guy at a bar and had a Vegas wedding. But Yuzu never met the rest of the family (because with a wedding there are so few opportunities to do so apparently), probably not even her new dad from what the dialog suggests, mom never let the fact about the new little sister slip in all those months, strict control freak of a father-in-law didn't care about who his son dragged into his family, and the whole girl's school thing was a total surprise as well. And I'm sure such a totalitarian institution is run on the "fuck it, just let them figure it out on their first day" principle instead of drowning you in forms and rule pamphlets like they normally do. Uh huh. Sure.

Phyis Moderator
Citrus discussion 07 Apr 13:53
Midori-facepalm
Yuri Project
joined Dec 12, 2012

Well, I love the art but the story... not so much for the moment. It's all over the place, somewhat cliche, etc.

And here I was beginning to feel really alone, thank you.