Forum › Posts by arch99

arch99
Friends discussion 26 Jan 23:07
Smallerpfp
joined Nov 26, 2019

Don't like it. Feels like it's pushing something about how people being bullied make it up for attention, and that rubs me the wrong way hard.

Smallerpfp
joined Nov 26, 2019

I don't think this one is similar to yagakimi at all. The only similarity I see between the two is the train crossing scene, which seems to very obviously mirror that one scene in yagakimi. But even that's not as meaningful here as it is there (where the train cleverly hides Touko's kiss from the people around them).

and

I don’t think this and YagaKimi are especially similar, except:

• They’re both good.
  • They take themselves and the issues they raise seriously without being portentous or melodramatic about it.
  • They both (at least this one so far) are focused and methodical about what they’re up to and where they’re going.

I agree completely. Good and serious? There are cartloads of yuri manga like that. As for methodical and focused, it's not that common, but it's not really uncommon either. There are many that follow that narrative path.

This awesome manga is not imitating anything. There's no cause to question its originality.

No one's questioning its originality, we're just saying that we really like it, and we think the manga feels similar to yagakimi.

Smallerpfp
joined Nov 26, 2019

Damn where do I apply for a beautiful rich woman to swing into my life, help me and support me and love me, send me on vacations, and just make everything perfect. I promise I wouldn't take them for granted as much as she does,,, please,,,

Smallerpfp
joined Nov 26, 2019

So the first chapter of Yasakan is out in Japanese. Pretty good so far, although the artstyle looks somewhat more conventional than it did in Anokiss.

As for the story… Seeing that the first page narration says "who decided that you could only love one person?", that the private teacher is explicitly polyamorous and that Mayuki's senpai Akira is apparently Rin's girlfriend… it seems like we're going full poly for this one.

YESSSSSSSSSSSS. What's the age gap look like? how much is the difference

Smallerpfp
joined Nov 26, 2019

That's literraly the 4th chapter, saying it's getting old is a bit soon.

If it only took 4 chapters for the humour to get stale maybe that means it wasn't that funny to begin with. We don't have to endure 30 chapters of the same mediocre joke before we can say we're bored of it.

Yeah it was getting old for me too tbh.

arch99
Yuri Couple discussion 26 Jan 21:14
Smallerpfp
joined Nov 26, 2019

This is so adorable

Smallerpfp
joined Nov 26, 2019

I don't think this one is similar to yagakimi at all. The only similarity I see between the two is the train crossing scene, which seems to very obviously mirror that one scene in yagakimi. But even that's not as meaningful here as it is there (where the train cleverly hides Touko's kiss from the people around them).

But all of this is just my personal opinion, of course.

I honestly didn't even consider the crossing scene.

While the stories themselves are different enough indeed, they do have a lot of similar qualities though. I can't really explain it well, but everything about this, from the depth of characters and their motivations (including the minor characters) to the reactions it draws from its readers, has been for a while now made me think of this as the true successor to YagaKimi. Hopefully it can keep this up for the rest of the series.

That's exactly how I feel - the crossing is like, superficial similarity, the feel of them is like, incredibly similar.

Smallerpfp
joined Nov 26, 2019

I see all these Yagakimi mentions but honestly not seeing that big of a connection.

self avatar quote

Well, let's see, it's a yuri series that despite being a somewhat "cliché" setting (in one case senpai/kouhai in a club at school, in the other senpai/kouhai at an office, both pretty classic) gets significantly emotionally deeper than expected, and ends up being super poignant (to me at least). Also both deal with themes of not feeling like you are capable of loving others or that you are deserving love. More obviously, there's the train parallel people are mentioning, but that's less-defining for me.

Smallerpfp
joined Nov 26, 2019

This is reminding me of Yagakimi even more now - which, as far as I'm concerned, is only a good thing.

I keep thinking the same with every new chapter, yes.

Wait you like Yagakimi luinthorn? I had no idea. No inkling at all. There are no hints.
:p

Smallerpfp
joined Nov 26, 2019

This is reminding me of Yagakimi even more now - which, as far as I'm concerned, is only a good thing. I'm hoping they settle into happiness with the 3 of them together.

arch99
Smallerpfp
joined Nov 26, 2019

What the fuck that's really funny. Reminds me of a 3-character super-short version of The Real Her where all the tsundere parts are separated into another character.

Smallerpfp
joined Nov 26, 2019

Why are people complaning in the thread about the sex scenes between too young people when this author almost all of what he had done was published in the Comic LO or has to be with lolicon.
I have to say that I tend to hate lolicon but I don't see them that young, or at least it's not something gross. Of course, the fact that the most part is safe help it.

Cause not everyone is familiar with the author? And I didn't think it was incredibly gross, I skipped past it and hoped the rest of the story would be better, it was just a net negative on the story for me.

Smallerpfp
joined Nov 26, 2019

I'm getting diabetes. This is too sweet. Also this isn't gonna help Micchan with her big gay crush on both of the main characters, poor girl, I've been there.

Smallerpfp
joined Nov 26, 2019

I... really enjoy this holy shit. I want another 100 chapters. It's so good I love their mechanics and the weird and dubious balance of power in both directions. A+

arch99
Smallerpfp
joined Nov 26, 2019

That made me think of another one I vaguely remember actually - something about a very rich girl who lives in her own huge house (right next to her family's, because she's illegitimate, maybe?) who hires a writer to write stories about love, both familial and romantic, basically happening to a self-insert.

I'm gonna be honest, i got lucky looking for this

Also, now YOU'RE comment reminded me of another story. A girl (don't know how old), was living a secluded life and had lots of books to keep her company. She read them all but found them boring. Then, she read another woman's story (either novel or manga, and possibly romantic) and fell in love with it, and by extendion the author. They do meet each other, but O don't remember much else. This also makes me realize we need a novelist or writer tag

That kinda reminds me of Yuki and the Authoress, though I don't think it is. There's a weird amount of yuri about naïve girls falling in love with authors through their work. Not sure I know that one though, sorry.

arch99
Smallerpfp
joined Nov 26, 2019

That made me think of another one I vaguely remember actually - something about a very rich girl who lives in her own huge house (right next to her family's, because she's illegitimate, maybe?) who hires a writer to write stories about love, both familial and romantic, basically happening to a self-insert.

I'm gonna be honest, i got lucky looking for this

That's the one, thank you. What a weird story - nice one though.

Smallerpfp
joined Nov 26, 2019

Yes, well. There's no AtLA page, so...
Franchise's still the same anyway.

Huh there isn't? That surprises me.

Smallerpfp
joined Nov 26, 2019

That's not even Korra that's Avatar, no?

No. The fanfiction posted is from the Last AIrbender where it's Aang the Avatar.

Right, that's what I was saying.

arch99
Smallerpfp
joined Nov 26, 2019

Smallerpfp
joined Nov 26, 2019

That's not even Korra that's Avatar, no?

arch99
m k discussion 25 Jan 17:20
Smallerpfp
joined Nov 26, 2019

All but one of this author's works are in the same series, should they be put together into a collection instead of just all being tagged "sequel"?

arch99
Smallerpfp
joined Nov 26, 2019

I remember a story where one girl asks the other to use her as reference material for a novel. I think it starts with mc getting a letter to come to the rooftop and she mistakes it for a challenge or something. Does anyone remember that one?

I remember it; it definitely exists, but I don't think I can find it.

Smallerpfp
joined Nov 26, 2019

Damn that was a shitty end to a pretty damn good manga. Like, she clearly is a woman, regardless of the physical characteristics she takes on, she's clearly most comfortable being a woman. And she's interested in a girl who likes her as a girl. And the fiance thing is never resolved, nor an actual confession, nor anything.

Smallerpfp
joined Nov 26, 2019

Is the friend getting jealous, maybe polyamory in the future?

I'd hope so

That'd be nice. I'm lukewarm on the whole thing, polyamory would be a very solid bump up in the "my opinion" column.

Smallerpfp
joined Nov 26, 2019

She is the Subaru of moms

Holds lesbians up?

Alternatively, with the theory that mom is also a lesbian based on her gung-ho-ness about girls love, often has lesbians inside her :p