Forum › Posts by Swifft

Swifft
Shine,%20aru
joined Feb 15, 2016

I reviewed this. It's the yuri manga that made me realize I like yuri. Here's the review:
https://terrenceswiff.wordpress.com/2016/03/25/sasameki-koto/

When it comes down to the split on how this series ended, after reading it three times I've come to think it definitely could've been tighter/shorter and I don't really like a lot of what's going on in the last two volumes. When I first read it I was REALLY low on it, but on a second and later third read I liked it a lot better.

It's overall a good series but among the body of yuri works I've read it doesn't rank super highly for me. I feel like my review sounds super negative, but I'm not actually all that negative about it. I just don't like the ending.

Or Aoi.

But that's it!

Swifft
Teppu discussion 23 Mar 17:04
Shine,%20aru
joined Feb 15, 2016

I was slightly surprised to find this series on here, but Teppu does indeed have the scent of lilies emanating from it so I can understand.

At any rate, this is one of my favorite series so I gave it a review
https://terrenceswiff.wordpress.com/2016/03/23/teppu/

I hope it continues one day.

Swifft
Shine,%20aru
joined Feb 15, 2016

A most pleasant read. The roof scene at the end is really touching.

This story has a...I dunno. What do you call it? A side story? In the volume "I'll Send Her Home on the Last Train" it's given a tiny extra story at the end with the older ladies, going a little into their past. It's cute, and I'd like to share it, but I got it through ebookjapan and have no experience with ripping manga. Here's two pics from it, though, just to prove it's real:

what
what

Shine,%20aru
joined Feb 15, 2016

Oh, I'm gushing, and I'm getting all flowery, but I love it so much.

Can't blame you. This one shot is so tight, the author clearly put a lot of heart into it.

While it has a sequel, and that sequel is very good, I honestly think this works perfect as a one shot from start to finish.

Like you, I want to analyze it closely and explain how good it is. Actually, I already did <<it's a link~! I basically broke down why this works so well and what it's doing well, or at least in my opinion. It's a very good start to Amagakure's Last Train and I get why she started with it/named her Hirari anthology after this story (or, well, its sequel).

Reading this feels like falling in love :>

last edited at Apr 12, 2016 9:27AM

Swifft
Shine,%20aru
joined Feb 15, 2016

Right, forgot there were threads for individual chapters.

This is an INCREDIBLE story. It really snuck up on me just how incredible it was. This is hands down my favorite from Amagakure Gido's Last Train anthology, and I pretty much love every other yuri work she's done. Really too bad I doubt she'll write much/any more yuri though.

The "climax", as it were, blindsided me and left me with tears in my eyes. Love it.

Shine,%20aru
joined Feb 15, 2016

I don't care if this thread is two years old, I read this recently and completely fell in love with it. Wrote a review for the anthology you can read here:
https://terrenceswiff.wordpress.com/2016/03/14/ill-send-her-home-on-the-last-train/

In the review I mainly analyze the first chapter and try to explain why I think it's so good, then go on to describe the general tone of the other stories within the volume.

This is so, so good. I'm happy I found it through Amaama to Inazuma, probably Amagakure Gido's most famous work. Among yuri manga, this has become my favorite. And among its pages, Forever Girls is my megafavorite. Fantastic.

last edited at Apr 9, 2016 9:21AM

Swifft
I'm A Fool discussion 14 Mar 17:11
Shine,%20aru
joined Feb 15, 2016

Hello old thread, I'll be digging you up for a moment.

This is a great little one shot, and Amagakure Gido's other yuri one shots are splendid as well. If you haven't already, you should really read I'll Send Her Home on the Last Train which is an anthology of yuri one shots from her. It's EXCELLENT. Posting about it since the thread here for I'm A Fool was visited much more than Last Train's thread. Oughtta read this stuff!

Swifft
Oddman 11 discussion 04 Mar 20:30
Shine,%20aru
joined Feb 15, 2016

I agree, Fujou is absolutely adorable =3

You bastard...!

But, Fujou is indeed cute as well.

Swifft
Oddman 11 discussion 04 Mar 17:50
Shine,%20aru
joined Feb 15, 2016

Heresy. Clearly Fujou is best girl.

But she's so cute!

I still think it'll go threesome/harem ending.

Rather than think, that's what I'm hoping for.

Swifft
Oddman 11 discussion 04 Mar 17:00
Shine,%20aru
joined Feb 15, 2016

I have reviewed this series!
https://terrenceswiff.wordpress.com/2016/03/04/dowman-sayman-oddman-11/

I like it. I wasn't sure if I'd like it, because it looked super weird even for Dowman, but I like it. Kirara is best.

I've also reviewed Nickelodeon and The Voynich Hotel from the same guy (Dowman Sayman). I'm a fan. It's good stuff.

Swifft
Shine,%20aru
joined Feb 15, 2016

Not so many posts for the discussion of this manga, but I reviewed it so I'll link to my review of it all the same:
https://terrenceswiff.wordpress.com/2016/03/02/dowman-sayman-the-voynich-hotel/

This is my favorite of Dowman Sayman's manga. I reviewed two others of his this week. One is Nickelodeon, the other isn't up as of this writing but it's Oddman 11. I would have posted these reviews to the Dynasty forums on the days they went up since I don't like to bump reeeaaally old threads, but it completely slipped my mind that this site hosts basically all of Dowman's works. At any rate, great series.

Swifft
Nickelodeon discussion 04 Mar 13:05
Shine,%20aru
joined Feb 15, 2016

I like this series a lot! So, even though it's over and discussion here has died down, I decided to review it! Here's my review:
https://terrenceswiff.wordpress.com/2016/02/29/dowman-sayman-nickelodeon/

I'd forgotten Dynasty hosts pretty much all of Dowman's works. I reviewed two other series by him this week. One's The Voynich Hotel, the other hasn't gone up yet but spoiler, it's Oddman 11.

Shine,%20aru
joined Feb 15, 2016

i-i want more from this author

If you know Japanese, Mitsuboshi Colors looks good.

Shine,%20aru
joined Feb 15, 2016

Well it is over. Bocchi confirmed straight.

100%

Honestly, it's pretty impressive, all things considered.

Swifft
Citrus discussion 24 Feb 17:40
Shine,%20aru
joined Feb 15, 2016

:')
There's so much hate on Citrus here that it makes me kinda sad haha
I love it tbh, it was nice to read your review c:

Thanks for reading the review. I also love it. I'm not real sad about people hating it, but I do think perhaps the hate is overblown.

Shine,%20aru
joined Feb 15, 2016

'lo there, I gave this series a review because I like it
https://terrenceswiff.wordpress.com/2016/02/08/hitoribocchi-no-oo-seikatsu/

It totally slipped my mind that the series is hosted here as well. Actually, Hitoribocchi has the totally prestigious honor of being the FIRST series I reviewed. Hope this article pleases you.

Swifft
Citrus discussion 18 Feb 10:48
Shine,%20aru
joined Feb 15, 2016

Great review, I have to say I agree with most of your points.

Sweet, thanks.

And yeah, pretty much agreed on all counts, especially about Mei's dad. It's pretty annoying that he just keeps fucking off and doesn't sit down with her to explain things clearly, too. I also have to wonder how Yuzu's mom even managed to meet the guy.

Swifft
Citrus discussion 17 Feb 23:36
Shine,%20aru
joined Feb 15, 2016

Nice read!

Thanks!

And I'm curious, what point was that? Because I think everything after Volume 1 is good and Volume 3 is currently the best.

I personally think the quality of the series was dodgy at the best of times, but I enjoyed it despite what I was perceiving as flaws. I don't think the arc with Nina and Sara was enjoyable much, though -- it really bugged me overall. However it's what happens at the veeeery end of that arc (Chapter 16?) -- the resolution -- that I'd call a turning point.

Basically, Mei and Yuzu hook up. I know a lot of people aren't fond of Mei, and that's fine, but what I like about it mainly is that it means at least for now the manga won't be pulling out stops and contrivances and sudden twists to make it so Mei and Yuzu can't be together and things are dramatic. Also, I like the current arc and think it's plain old good. It hearkens back to chapter 1/the overall themes of the series, it's largely about Harumin (picking up on some hints she'd dropped here and there in past chapters), and now that Mei's not being aloof and cruel she comes across more as humorous. It feels much more lighthearted, although there's still drama. Good stuff, IMO.

Harumin x Matsuri is another way to go.

See, that's the way to be.

Swifft
Citrus discussion 17 Feb 17:57
Shine,%20aru
joined Feb 15, 2016

Mei needs a therapist

Can't argue with that. I just like seeing a friendship in a yuri manga that's just a friendship. I think that's pretty cool.

last edited at Feb 17, 2016 5:57PM

Swifft
Citrus discussion 17 Feb 17:07
Shine,%20aru
joined Feb 15, 2016

Hello there!

I wrote a treatise on Citrus
https://terrenceswiff.wordpress.com/2016/02/17/citrus/

It's a bit long.

I call it a review in the article itself but it really is much more like a treatise. I basically try to thoroughly explain what I believe the deal is with Citrus.

I hope you'll read/enjoy it.

Also, there's too much Yuzu/Harumin here for my liking! Can't friends be friends more often? No no, Yuzu/Harumin is no good!

Shine,%20aru
joined Feb 15, 2016

uhm, so, I wrote a review for this series
https://terrenceswiff.wordpress.com/2016/02/15/anko-san-of-the-deep-sea-fish/

I like it quite a bit, so I wanted to write about it. Perhaps you might like reading this review.

I intend to review other yuri manga in the future, and hint at which one I'm planning on reviewing next in this one. Figured it was worth mentioning. I don't only review yuri though.