Forum › Posts by Tiger

Tiger
Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

Raw is out: https://tieba.baidu.com/p/4955541843?lp=5028&mo_device=1&is_jingpost=0&pn=0&

Yuu curling in bed while having sweet talk with Touko over the phone gives me life

Many thanks.

I hope that on the overnight trip there is an open air hot springs...

Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

ffins07

Nothing's come close to this series for me. I'm not saying that there aren't other good manga or manwha or toons or whatever, but even this setting... It's more mature than the high school stuff, not about over-the-top angst or drama like some of the relatively fewer, other college-setting yuri stories and the art style...

Ssamba.

Geez.. .. 2017 is almost here. Crazy.

I agreed!!!! *crying
There's nothing as satisfying and captivating as FF anymore.
I miss FF so much
I miss the fandom
I also miss you ffins07
I hope everyone is doing okay!

I used to enjoy reading everyone's comments every week so much. This was the best thread. Though really....I don't know of any threads that rose up to take it's place.

Tiger
Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

Probably her sister's then boyfriend or formerly romantically involved.

Awkward when you're trying to be your sister. Do you need to date your sister's boyfriend?

Tiger
Kase-san discussion 27 Dec 14:41
Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

You can now read the chapter if you have a nicovideo account.

Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

Because their relationship spans the entire series and I think Ano Kiss will end (maybe with some omake after) when these two get together.

And it will be glorious.

I have a soft spot for tsunderes.

From Canno's artwork that she does that is separate from the volumes/chapters I'd say it's pretty easy to see that she adores Yurine/Ayaka. If they don't get a good ending I'd be wondering if some politics happened that prevented it.

Also, I found these short comics on Canno's Pixiv:

Yurine and Mizuki
http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=46730777

Young Mizuki and Moe. Early indirect kiss.
http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=43326353

last edited at Dec 21, 2016 6:37PM

Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

I RILLY wish one of the two protagonists had dark hair, because I often find them impossible to tell apart.

Looks like new updates are delayed because the author is redoing it in color for an unspecified reason. I was pretty confused at why the newest raw had no tones until I read that. So you'll get your wish. :)

Sorry to tell you bad news but we won't publish color version ^^"

Ahhh, is it for selling commercially? Well, it's fine by me. I prefer it Black and White and have no problem telling them apart. :)

last edited at Nov 12, 2016 1:30PM

Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

I looked through the raws and from what I can tell I'm actually really liking the story.

It's kind of in the tradition of Harlequin/Paperback Romance (not necessarily the company but books associated with that style), something I wish that lesbian stories could have more of. It's not that the current offerings don't offer good romance with great role models of real actual relationships you'd want to emulate, but there is something I find lovably trashy about the nature of Harlequin that is nice to get to read with lesbians.

I RILLY wish one of the two protagonists had dark hair, because I often find them impossible to tell apart.

Looks like new updates are delayed because the author is redoing it in color for an unspecified reason. I was pretty confused at why the newest raw had no tones until I read that. So you'll get your wish. :)

last edited at Nov 12, 2016 2:29AM

Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

Today is Yurine's birthday!
https://twitter.com/_canno/status/791265637574115328

Gosh I wonder who is feeding her that cake.

Tiger
Kase-san discussion 26 Oct 13:39
Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

I think some people are just used to the way drama is normally treated in stories. I don't see why both being realistic portrayals can't be accurate: some people can resolve drama easily and others with great difficulty.

Tiger
Kase-san discussion 03 Oct 18:54
Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

So the ex doesn't turn out to be an ex at all, nor is she a bad person. Great choice there, but I have to question how "perfect" Kase is portrayed to be. Every bad thing about her turns out to be not true; she has never been in a relationship, she is athletic and good looking, She is consistently cheerful or at least agreeable, and she is utterly and selflessly devoted to Yamada. It's an enjoyable story, but it feels as though it was written out of wish fulfillment.

I know people like this in real life. And really, with lesbians this has a higher chance of being totally realistic than straight couples --> never been in a relationship because real life lesbians that you happen to be attracted to are hard to find.

Now, as far as finding them to date them/getting them to like you in particular....well.... Hard to do.

last edited at Oct 3, 2016 6:55PM

Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

Of course the author knows what they're doing. XD

I think it's kinda obviously destined to be non-romantic yuri. Ayari is just figuring out what it's like to be able to be open and herself around others, and it's sweet that she's able to make those small steps with a sister that was sorta thrust upon her and so different. Bonding through food is the best. XD

Can you believe I've actually run into series where the creators did not know...... .... .... well...

First time I saw Ben Ten: I didn't know they were cousins. The longer I watched it the more I wondered if the creators knew they were cousins. I checked FF.net and no one cared that they were cousins.

last edited at Sep 11, 2016 5:32PM

Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

Author knows exaaaactly what they're doing. It's like a story about a young lesbian who doesn't know yet that these aren't normal feelings for your stepsister.

Tiger
Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

It seems that Yuu is becoming a more unreliable in her narration of her feelings.

last edited at Sep 1, 2016 10:10PM

Tiger
Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

Yuu has the dumbest hair (to me anyway) but she is still really likable and cute. Nakatani amazes me.

Also normally there is no defining feature between the girl's beauty, but in this it really feels authentic that Touko is picked out to be "striking" and that Sayaka is also referred to as being attractive and more noticeable than Yuu, Koyomi, and Akari. Not that the latter are ugly just...it actually makes sense in universe? There's a special something? (Just me? I don't even like Sayaka much but I can still see it?)

last edited at Sep 1, 2016 1:46AM

Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

I believe the all caps convention started with needing to standardize the space all the letters would take up and have easier planning since ascending and descending letters caused problems back when everything was hand lettered.

But lower case is more readable because of the ascending and descending letters because it gives each word a more distinctive shape.

last edited at Aug 30, 2016 11:10AM

Tiger
Kase-san discussion 29 Aug 19:52
Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

Yamada has tried to ask things in the past but she is usually interrupted by Mikawa. Even though we see the signs that she is Kase's first girlfriend, I think it is very reasonable that Yamada sees Kase as so popular and desirable that it is totally plausible someone else came before her. After all, when Yamada says that she has never dated anyone before, Kase doesn't say anything back to her about her also being her first.

Kase is very popular and gets awards and recognition for her talent. Yamada is very kind and great at gardening, but does not receive awards or recognition outside her supervisor and Kase. It makes total sense to me why Yamada's perception of her desirability ended up being like this. It also makes sense that Kase likes her and sees a lot in her.

This isn't the first time I've seen it referenced in a manga that being in a sports club elevates you in the social structure of a high school, and it works that way in plenty of other countries too. When Yamada goes to college and finds "her people" I expect her internal self worth to go up a lot because she is being judged on something she is good at.

As a side note, Inoue seems to put a lot of stock into the social hierarchy of the sports clubs, love rival or no. She's being a jerk to the poor little gardener.

Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

I remember my life before age nine, and wishes and people I cared about at age six.

My brother cannot and is always surprised at stories that are true about his life even at age ten.

Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

I didn't know she was saying something and thought she was just having a really awkward time resisting kissing Kurosawa's forehead before giving in.

Tiger
Cinderella discussion 06 Jul 02:37
Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

Though I doubt Canno is physically able to focus on one couple for more than 5 consecutive chapters in anything.

Hahaha! That's a good one.

I really liked this one. Cider and Crybaby kinda has scared me in some parts but I am glad to see something warmer and fuzzier.

Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

You've done a good job and I enjoy reading your translation. And I'll definitely buy the licensed volumes when they come out. (And the Japanese versions too.)

But I still miss the Fly by Yuri version. But she just flatly refuses to work on currently licensed manga, that b****! Wait... hold on a sec... isn't that b****, I mean that girl me!?? Ah, never mind.

LOL! I love your parody.

Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

Looking for help.

I'd like to go on Dynasty's irc, but the webchat tells me it can't connect. =[ Am I the only one?

Can't join either.

Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

Go ahead. Anything that would help improve the translation for next time is welcome.

I would change Ch. 22 p. 18 from "than you" to "other than you" or "besides you". It might be that the word break especially threw me off, but MS Word says your sentence is grammatically correct.

Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

I also find it interesting how Yurine tries to "push her button" at the end, with her serious face and all, but it no longer works.

So that's what that was! I wasn't really sure. Yurine had a lot of cute expressions except that one time.

kised

…Please kill me. .−.

If there were things that minorly impeded clarity in Chapter 22 would you want to hear about them or just have us be quietly grateful? I was just going to pretend I didn't notice anything because I believe it is technically correct but not a usage I would ever turn to. Maybe it's just me, but I did have to look back to see what the words on the previous page were.

The author's like a kid trying to focus on studying but always gets distracted by pretty much everything else around her IMO

I was under the impression that the other characters helped show how much time was passing during Ayaka and Yurine's game, and that the series might end once these two's story is over. Kind of like Otoyomegatari where Karluk and Amir are the first and the last (presumed), but there's other people in between. I feel like it's much better than a timeskip overall, but not for the reader's patience if they're your favorite and the current pair doesn't even come close.

last edited at Jun 9, 2016 1:54PM

Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

Maybe is because she will never be perfect?

Even more ambiguous, because then it applies to both her mother AND Kurosawa...perfect.

Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

Yeeeeeeyyy thank you again!

"Fixating on a wish that will never come true" <-- Is there a chance that instead of this phrase being about beating Kurosawa, it's instead about Shiramine pleasing her mother? That she will never be able to please her?

last edited at Jun 8, 2016 8:52PM