Forum › Posts by xaelath

Test
joined Sep 8, 2019

Damn 18 years age gap.
Make sense I guess. Takuya is 18 and all.

xaelath
Test
joined Sep 8, 2019

[fnord] cringe

Hey can you please go back inside of the sewer thank you

And here we are one of the examples of why I think society will never fully accept trans and some individual in LGBTQ+ that is very toxic doesn't really help either.

last edited at Apr 3, 2021 5:10PM by OrangePekoe

xaelath
VAMPEERZ discussion 30 Mar 21:54
Test
joined Sep 8, 2019

Combining both Tense + Comedy and not failing abruptly is a rare thing yo,
The author sure has some knacks in writing.

Test
joined Sep 8, 2019

Did they finally pulled the trigger? And it took ONLY 34 chapters? Well, we finally have some confirmation on Konatsu-chan and Koyuki's friendship status, personally speaking I never doubted for a sec. Also, Makoto-sensei waited 34 chapters to introduce this story's most interesting character, Saya-sama is gonna be missed, hugely. on a more serious note, this could have been a great story, apart from that stupid drama that never made a lick of sense, development and character-wise, I mean what you trying to hide, sensei, they're friends as heck, anyway, I like Makoto-sensei, but I'm sure as hell not be following her next story, especially after that little preview.

Well, I'll be following which depends on how the story goes.
Though, I will be trashing it right in 1st chapter if I found it perfectly predictable.

This manga used to has good pacing in the first half, Not sure what happened in 2nd half with the characters exaggerating these dramas and angst for 2-3 volumes.
welp, one of this year greatest disappointment and pretty much predictable right after author say "it's not yuri".

Test
joined Sep 8, 2019

Girls that's a mask. You supposed to use it on your face. Not on your vagina.

Test
joined Sep 8, 2019

Real talk though, this has been broken since before the midpoint, and I suspect the editor didn't like the yuri under/overtones so that's when the depression arc started. Ever since the manga weirdly split off from their fun on the island, it's been incredibly weird. This is blessedly going to end now. The depression arc threw me for such a huge loop. It still doesn't make any sense to me and one would likely have to go back to read and reread it to get it.

These were such good characters but I don't understand what the central conflict of this entire story was? One girl was lonely? While the other stopped talking to her all of a sudden because?

It's cool that people want to read in this ambiguous masterclass in undertone drama, guess I missed it. I don't really care for most of the replies on here, I just had to vent about how poorly this turned out after starting out so amazing. I hate that they pulled out the yuri roots and left nothing but two girls who kind of know/talk to each other sometimes when they're not busy.

This is much the same way I feel about it as well. There did seem to be a large tonal shift somewhere in the middle of the story, and then after that I found the plot and character development very hard to track. I kept having to step back 2 or 3 chapters every time a new one came out, to get caught up on what tentative threads of story I was supposed to be watching evolve from chapter to chapter. The salamander and frog imagery was frustrating to have to keep tracking in that way, and I don't feel like it delivered a very meaningful metaphor in the end. I don't personally care if the story turns out Yuri or not. But I found it increasingly hard to suss out what Koyuki's problems were, or what I was supposed to be making of all her dizzy staring into space. There is a point in there, I think, where the subtlety of the story stopped being impressive and started becoming tiresome. At the end now I find it really grating. In the middle of the story somewhere––probably around the arc the previous poster is talking about––the narrative stopped having any forward momentum, and the manga became mostly characters staring at each other with embarrassed looks on their faces, hoping for minute reactions from other characters, and reading an absurd amount of meaning into those faint acknowledgements. Honestly? It just got boring, and harder to appreciate as the author struggled to keep the story precious and delicate, and paced at the same ploddingly "realistic" cadence. I'm still reading for the characters, and essentially trying to pay off my initial investment in the series, but I feel like the series has run very long now on not much steam left. And I think the relationship between the two lead characters has very little of its' early vigor remaining. I guess that's life, or something. But I would have liked for the later part of the story to have more interest in it, and for it to be clearer in its' plotting and easier to follow. Just a little didacticism would have gone a long way. When the author started committing precious page time to Koyuki's brother, I really started feeling the drag of this thing. It's definitely a book that felt, for me, at least, sharper earlier on, funnier and more lively, and then increasingly listless as it progressed. One thing I have to say I grew to hate was the repetitive chapter headings. Holy cow, was that a clear marker of a plodding pace, and the kind of listless sleepwalking the story did late in the game.

And while I really do not mind one way or another whether it's a yuri story, it certainly seemed to be leading towards one early on, and I'm inclined to believe the idea in the quoted post that there was the beginning of a yuri story, and it got removed, or it just never quite materialized. I realize the author and made these statements about always wanting to do it this way, or that way, but authors make those kind of statements all the time, papering over their own uncertainty––or sometimes outright failure to bring about what they intend––and making it seem like this is what they planned from the beginning. I'm no more inclined to believe an author's statement of intent than I am a reader's theory on how things went. Author's statements these days are pure public relations exercises lots of the time, and it sounds to me just as likely that the author had to assuage some frustrated fans. Unless the author stated before starting the series that it was never going to be yuri. But I didn't think that was what was said. Well, whatever. In the end I just didn't get much from the storytelling aesthetics of the second half of the narrative. I feel like the pace of Hana ni Arashi has accelerated to a brisker clip than this story did, and I don't see any noble point in keeping things so turgid and low-key in the later part of the story. And like another couple of commenters on here, I just don't find myself of the same mind as the readers who have found so much continued quality in the story. I don't want to say that it "wasn't for me," because the first half of the story was very much my bag. Maybe next chapter will wrap it all up in a way that retroactively changes everything for me. But I doubt that.

I agree with everything being said here. This series lost me somewhere in the middle. It felt like reading a whole different story like the author just abruptly changed her mind and decided to aim for a different end.

Series being lowkey gay or subtext is fine but it surely does lose its way in the middle of the story.
Not sure what the manga even about now.

We technically just got a slice of life with a girl trying to get over her loneliness and over-exaggerated "Friendship".

xaelath
taste discussion 15 Feb 08:38
Test
joined Sep 8, 2019

Imagine a vampire girl that sucks its prey into gay.
Yep I'll leave it to my imagination

Test
joined Sep 8, 2019

that suit is too big for her

xaelath
Image Comments 03 Jan 02:52
Test
joined Sep 8, 2019
59233240_p0

Gremlin commander

Test
joined Sep 8, 2019

“time to go pleasure myself whilst thinking about the girl who i’m definitely not in love with”. funny how this didn’t have the yuri tag at first lol

Well the first few were subtext

Test
joined Sep 8, 2019

Subtext? Is This Yuri Yet?

Seriously, please give a hint of the endgame, I'm dying here...

Also, when did the angst tag suddenly appear?

Don't get your hope up.
I remember going to the author's Twitter and found Girl x Girlfriend = Girlship.
Yep, definitely not gay at all.

I think the author also similar to Urasekai Picnic kind of author in terms of "Friendship between girls."

Test
joined Sep 8, 2019

I longed for this blessings

xaelath
Please discussion 08 Dec 08:32
Test
joined Sep 8, 2019

I kinda hope someone has the raw for the Avalon Happy Anthology instead of the bitter one lol

xaelath
SHY discussion 10 Nov 21:20
Test
joined Sep 8, 2019

Well someone is going to die.

xaelath
Test
joined Sep 8, 2019

6 volume and not even a kiss.

Ok

Least I can assume Uta had sex with Kaoru every night

I think this last chapter would have been better off without pages 22-26. There was no reason to even hint that adult Uta would still live with her crush several years after the fact, because there's no real context to it.

It's already pretty questionable for the author to do double time skip.
Kaoru hanging out with Uta during college is nice especially if the author can dig more about Risako during timeskip along with Reiichi.

Yet we got fucking double timeskip and the author didn't even show Uta face on 2nd timeskip.

last edited at Oct 19, 2020 10:40PM

xaelath
Roid discussion 05 Oct 23:04
Test
joined Sep 8, 2019

Pretty neat chapter, I'd say. I feel like this manga had some genuinely interesting things to say and explore about A.I. and consciousness and identity, but didn't get anywhere near enough space to do so in its serialisation run. It's kinda sad to see potential clipped so soon, but props to the author for still creating an interesting cast and themes, even if the end-realization is a bit too simple and convenient and the antagonist is basically a revolutionary who gets treated like a monster-of-the-week. Always fun to see experimental, genre-shifting Yuri manga that put plot and themes first instead of just advertising themselves with cute lesbians in Japanese highschool #76546.

I am kind of fed with the A.I as I considering something like Mass Effect was already enough for me to discover what is a personality for a non-organic matter whether it is a living being or tools to satisfy their creators.

"Experimental genre shifting yuri manga that put plot and themes first".
Well, author could've put some yuri undertone on the early chapter of it because there's barely any of it.
YH probably have to be harsh for this one.

So if the author does plan to add Yuri in much longer run, they probably should do it on another magz and definitely not YH.
Not saying YH is a great thing but from what I see, that's how YH editor sees it and how the magz it self probably see the sales. (Pocha climb flashbacks and that one is gay as hell but still get axed but seemingly from either editor or author choices.)
Pretty sure the reader lost interest as well within a single volume with the manga tries to cover some angsty A.I and certainly didn't dig the other main characters story as well.

Test
joined Sep 8, 2019

https://mangadex.org/search?author=Yogentei&tag_mode_exc=any&tag_mode_inc=all

Everything mostly removed aside from the canceled one.
Lol ok

xaelath
Test
joined Sep 8, 2019

Be gay do crime

News: A couple of gay run a criminal activities and nothing is stopping them.

xaelath
Roid discussion 18 Sep 20:11
Test
joined Sep 8, 2019

I think I need to point out that there are 4 chapters left for this series.
It definitely axed, but that makes sense considering the story is more like sci-fi drama than a yuri and Yurihime kind of disregard things like this. (Yes, I just realized it was published in YH as well)

Test
joined Sep 8, 2019

1 last chapter so we can get magic babies

Test
joined Sep 8, 2019

Also Author :
This is not gay, its just a normal friendship with tons of angst.

I follow this series to get disappointed because I am sure it going to be much way worse than Ani to Yome.

last edited at Jul 28, 2020 6:59AM

Test
joined Sep 8, 2019

So what was that ending about?

Test
joined Sep 8, 2019

A literal masterpiece came out

Test
joined Sep 8, 2019

Dissapointed gay noise

xaelath
Test
joined Sep 8, 2019

I like how this artist always draws Karen as some weird gremlin.

That was fact