Forum › Posts by Arcane

Arcane
SHY discussion 14 Mar 00:06
joined Feb 22, 2018

Foreshadowing the climactic arc in this chapter. Heroes and their relatives.....

Arcane
joined Feb 22, 2018

As an American immersed like a fish in my own culture, I have no inkling of how much of that culture leaks out into the global media sphere (amplified by the Internet). Still it's very surprising to see this:

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/friends_crackers#9

Arcane
joined Feb 22, 2018

Lesbian lie detector tests on the next Maury.

Arcane
VAMPEERZ discussion 23 Feb 01:15
joined Feb 22, 2018

A white Vampire Queen of East Asia? Thanks again, colonial Europe.

(Khara and Ichika bonding over their crush was magical)

Late 19th Century saw Europe conquer all of East Asia except Japan (hmm....). Wouldn't be surprising if European vampires took advantage of the superiority of European firepower and science to crush the local vampires as well.

joined Feb 22, 2018

Let's just say that I hope Hachi's future works be more of the former style.

This is his/her style now, that fluffiness ship has sailed and she/he either don't care about backlash (if there's any) or is doing because this kind of story raise eyebrows and he/she enjoys it that type of reaction.

So much handwringing. Do you know how much loli and shota hentai exists? (A lot). Compared to that this is VERY tame and conscientious. I'm not advocating, it's just the baseline is so depraved that this is actually an improvement.

Arcane
1 x ½ discussion 19 Jan 13:50
joined Feb 22, 2018

I noticed something in the flashback chapters. And it makes sense in context with other chapters and the title.

Ayako has two personalities. One (I dub the Paragon or first 1/2) that's "mom", and another (I call the Incubus or second 1/2) who is sexually aggressive. Asuka has been routinely assaulted by the Incubus, which explains her sexual confusion, as she has no idea of her mother's condition. There's also asymmetry between the two personalities, as the Paragon is dominant but also unaware of the Incubus, tending to blackout when the Incubus is active. The Incubus is otherwise fully aware of her surroundings when not active, but can only be activated by the Paragon's feelings of sexual arousal or jealousy, or when the Paragon is in deep sleep.

Also the Incubus appears to possess a form of telepathy that she uses to pacify her victims.

Arcane
VAMPEERZ discussion 19 Jan 02:13
joined Feb 22, 2018

Newest chapter: lulz, so much sparkle on that vampire I expected Ichika to turn into a melodramatic emo teen from Washington State to best compliment her...

And there's no sign of Mustache Dad anywhere, so yeah it would have sucked.

Next chapter: Aria becomes really angsty and challenges the Amazing Spiderman. Stay tuned for Mopeus: the Whatever Vampire

Arcane
Lily Marble discussion 13 Jan 01:49
joined Feb 22, 2018

oh wow how Lucky I am ... for reading this XD
That reaction was super cute, they're both sooo cute!

A minor

Is she really?

Under 20, which is age of majority in Japan. Age of consent is not above 18, though (yes, national law is 13 but IIRC no prefecture is that low). They're in the clear but Tsubasa is still very young, 19 if I remember.

Honestly I'm not sure what it really amounts to, maybe you have to be 20 to vote. You can quit school after middle school (15), you can get an apartment and all the other stuff I think, so the only thing other than voting is buying alcohol and cigarettes.

Actually they changed the law, though it won't go into effect for another 2 years:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/world/2018/jun/14/japan-lowers-age-adulthood-20-to-18

last edited at Jan 13, 2020 1:50AM

joined Feb 22, 2018

So now we know- she isn't mute because of some kinda mental block/trauma but from her vocal chords physically not working for whatever reason- probably some childhood illness.

An emergency tracheotomy can also cause aphonia.

Arcane
VAMPEERZ discussion 26 Dec 05:34
joined Feb 22, 2018

Vampires! Superhuman strength and reflexes! Accelerated healing! Heightened senses! And... an average human intelligence coupled with amazing gullibility. (Facepalm)

last edited at Dec 26, 2019 5:34AM

joined Feb 22, 2018

Yoshida×Akane

Arcane
joined Feb 22, 2018

It really is inception huh

So Ouka was hit by that fatal flaw of the bullet and the real her is in a coma. MC taking it upon herself to fetch the bullet herself and revive her

It's more complicated than that. Ouka tried to commit suicide IRL, failed and found herself in her liminal dream world. Then the dream self repeated her suicidal act, only to fail again, fall into another coma, and wake up in another dreamscape within the head of her previous dream body. And this repeats constantly. However, Ouka is not actually trying to die for real: She's in complete control, but the Suicide Parabellum keeps misfiring.

joined Feb 22, 2018

I don't like the teacher.......

Quid... Pro... Quo! Of course in the real world a legion of Fox News pundits would be explaining that Sensei hasn't done anything wrong:

1) Because she didn't break rules.

2) She broke the rules, but so did every other teacher in the same way repeatedly.

3) She broke the rules because it was in Japan's best interest, in building an alliance with the Russians against the Chinese.

4) It's all Honda-sans fault for conspiring with the Bidens.

Arcane
Dear NOMAN discussion 29 Nov 14:33
joined Feb 22, 2018

Does choclate still affect Bazu then? Since she doesnt eat it I assume. Does that mean its like lactose intolarence?

It's just something in chocolate (not neccessarily milk chocolate) that's poisonous to certain animals. Most famously dogs.

It's called Theobromine, and it's also poisonous to humans too. But we have a higher tolerance: a 95 lb woman would have to eat 21 lbs of chocolate to get a lethal dose.

Arcane
VAMPEERZ discussion 27 Nov 12:30
joined Feb 22, 2018

Bet 10 bucks on 2) Villain.

Is it even the type of story where there's an antagonist? We're 9 chapters in at this point after all and so far it's basically slice-of-unlife ...

So I'll pick 4) future member of her vampire harem.

5) Masochistic friend of Aria's. She used a shipping container to travel across international borders, spending nearly a month cooped up in an unventilated and cold box. Chances are she likes being on the receiving end of bondage and choking play, and playing up the necrophiliac aspect of the vampire legend.

Arcane
SHY discussion 22 Nov 12:27
joined Feb 22, 2018

Stigma: We are Amalareiks.
Shy: You named your organization after an obscure Visigothic king from the 6th Century CE? Why?
Stigma:..... Because I'm that kind of nerd.
Shy: I'm feeling that.

last edited at Nov 22, 2019 12:28PM

Arcane
joined Feb 22, 2018

I prefer Citrus art though, because it could be used to make some hot scenes (which sadly doesn't go what I expected to be).

Understatement of the year? Or ultimate contradiction ("Citrus" and "goes somewhere")?

Oh Citrus, the fender crunching, whiplash inducing ride of my heart.

Arcane
Sazanka discussion 14 Nov 03:25
joined Feb 22, 2018

Sazanka (Camellia Sasanqua) means "reliance and modesty" in Hanakotoba.

Arcane
Sazanka discussion 14 Nov 03:00
joined Feb 22, 2018

The boyfriend is a classic example of the Nice Guy meme.

Arcane
SHY discussion 08 Nov 18:25
joined Feb 22, 2018

EDIT: Also, as a Russian speaker, I've been wanting to remark on a) how nonsensical the names like "Pepesha" and "Tsiveta".

The mangaka is either an FPS player or a history nerd. Pepesha is a nickname for PPSh-41 submachine gun.

joined Feb 22, 2018

I don't know why but like apparently late 80s to early 2000s kids huffed random stuff to get high or something? Like I had PSAs about the dangers of huffing paint and stuff in school. Lots of media talked about it from then too... Some older books for teens in the school library just seemed to think it needed little explanation.

Never take drug PSAs seriously..... NEVER!!! Those commercials would lead one to believe that the number one consumer of hard drugs were middle class kids, when in reality it was their parents. Bloody hypocrites.

Huffing was never a big fad, because it was inherently dangerous, and the only people who did it couldn't afford real drugs, legal or illegal.

last edited at Nov 5, 2019 3:07AM

Arcane
joined Feb 22, 2018

Ah yes the infirmary,a classic for romance. I hope we get the abs touching scene this time

No. Just lewd hair brushing. This series likes to indulge in it's own version of Zeno's Paradox.

Arcane
joined Feb 22, 2018

I'm pretty sure only the 05 Council has the clearance necessary to order the sudden and immediate evacuation of E-level staff. I'm gonna need to see some identification.

You need to refer to Containment Protocols for each individual SCP. And when dealing with a potential K Class scenario like this one, evacuation protocols are much more discretionary, as the Council will not necessarily have time to render a decision.

joined Feb 22, 2018

So in the latest chapter of this manga, our heroine(?) narrowly escaped death from an exploding Green Day album cover.

joined Feb 22, 2018

I didn't quite understand this one, it was pretty confusing, Imma just assume she was a ghost girl trapped in the doll.

No, like Pekoe put under spoiler it's actually her twin sister who die before birth.In thoe kind of situation it can happen that the dead foetus is absorbed by the other one. That's what the mom mean by "Onee being a part of you", Mom was most likely gonna be birth to twins but the Onee die and get absotbed by Mii. The doll most likely represent the dead sister and Mii throw in the fire can mean she understand the situation and get over it

I don't know about that, just a minor detail: If Mia got absorbed? How did they know it was twins? That sort of thing happens very early, I think. I'd guess Mia was stillborn because the two of them were very weak (Mom wasn't too healthy maybe?) so Mom says that about her lost sister. The doll was a surrogate for the lost twin?

Anyhow, quite a plot-packed story! Do like! Even if it's kind of sad.

Proly happened after bring told that she's having twins.

Absorbed twins usually leave some kind of biological material behind in the surviving twin, usually teeth and bone fragments. The surviving twin probably went in for a medical check up or x-rays, and the condition was discovered.