Forum › Posts by Tiger

Tiger
Kase-san discussion 01 Apr 00:51
Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

Kase (Tomoka-chan? xD) so disappointed that Yamada meant going out for tea and not sex hahhahaha

Doesn't look like she's going to be calming down anytime soon lol.

Tiger
Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

What exactly are "cell phone chapters"? Is this just a rumor that they exist? It seems strange that people would not round them up after all this time.

Tiger
Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

Well, prediction came true that Ichigaya remembered a different sister than Touko did but I wasn't expecting it to be quite so drastically different.

Poor Yuu though, she needs to do some communicating but then Touko doesn't want to hear the specific communicating possible and......awful. e_e What a tricky situation.

Tiger
Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

Ebooks are cheap, aye?

Where are you finding cheap lesbian romance? Maybe I missed the boat but the good ones I've found are always 5-10 bucks. Tell me more.

Just go and read reviews at Mrs. Giggles instead. The 2 and 3 oogie reviews are generally the most entertaining. No need to subject to yourself to the cookie-cutter awfulness of Harlequin (you only need to read one).

Geez, I dunno how much pain I can take. I'll check out their Hall of Fame.

Apparently enough women are distraught by romance novels containing infidelity and/or not-necessarily-happy endings that (A) authors are rushing to fill the void with works containing neither; and (B) authors are proudly proclaiming these things to prospective customers.

I was fascinated.

Romance novels are like Kase-san (with a few...differences). Don't give people Gunjou when they're looking for Kase-san.

I actually really like to examine this genre and the genres that stereotypical male fantasies show up in but I am going to cut this short and save the text wall. x_x

Back on topic I love the blurb the translators added on tumblr for Chapter 2's release:

Sakurazuki being a big butch baby!

I wish this line was used in the actual story rofl.

Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

30.5 should be up tomorrow.

Rumours say that Sawa's skull cells are cultivated to build prison walls and bank vaults.

I saw your preview on batoto and....wow Itsuki is something else. I wish Canno did sex scenes because I always wonder how that dynamic would go with some of these. (And I do like Itsuki a lot as a character, her obsessiveness isn't necessarily a bad thing.)

It seems like even though no one is outright bizarre/abusive like the Cider and Crybaby couple, Canno likes adding some weird mental stuff to her couples in this too.

last edited at Mar 28, 2017 7:34PM

Tiger
Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

I wish there was so much content for me to consume that there would be some real competition here but there's not.

So sad, but so true. The lack of original yuri series is agonizing.

whu? I mean I have my hang ups. I'm picky as hell. but I don't think I'd go as far as to call it agonizing. huh.

This might depend on how much time you have on your hands. I currently have too much free time and not enough money so there needs to be a LOT of content to begin ruling things like this out. I mean, if there was as much Harlequin Romance for lesbians as there are for straight women, I could suddenly be a lot choosier. ESPECIALLY, if the public library stocked oodles of them like they do Harlequin style books.

So the perception of how good the content flow is is altered by the amount of free time and the ability to fill that free time with other enjoyable things such as money for outings, close proximity to friends (okay I moved to a place with no one immediately in my age group and no money soooo this has been trashed), available dates, etc.

Writing this has made me think maybe I should go to the library and check out some straight Harlequins even though I have zero interest in dating men.

last edited at Mar 28, 2017 2:05PM

Tiger
Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

Not really a fan of this so far. The characters all feel really "flat" and emotionless. Maybe it's the art style. It's all just generally really bland. I didn't feel anything at all from the kiss at the end. The characters personalities also feel really artificial and inconsistent.

This. The gestures aren't very dynamic, and the expressions are flat and boring. The art style is really generic, basically. Characters are super boring as well.

Although, the one-liners like "You're an adult. You have to get the hang of your little gay heart sometime," are fantastic. However, one-liners aren't gonna keep me interested in this manga. I honestly can't see myself still being buckled in for it by chapter three or four.

I dunno, it is doing good enough I'll read it whenever it comes out. Unless something I don't like happens story-wise that is, but really....I wish there was so much content for me to consume that there would be some real competition here but there's not. It's good enough and that's all that really matters.

Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

^
Yeah i doubt boys will be allowed there.

As long as they liked yuri I wouldn't mind. I mostly want more friends IRL right now anyway, boys or lesbians as long as they can talk to me about Kase-san and Bloom Into You...

Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

Geez, I wish Dynasty Cafe was some real life location that we could all port to and hang out in.

Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

I too would like to know. Looks fun.

Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

Wow great chart, thanks for doing it up! I love the lines between Yurine and Ayaka! I can't wait for the both of them to be in a box.

I am always comforted by the fact that Canno seems to love Ayaka when she does side art.

Amane reminds me of an underdeveloped Suwako-san from Sakamoto Mano's work:
http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/a_space_voyage_with_suwako_san#9

Except part of Suwako's likability is she isn't covered by some thin veil of supposed polyamory/OT3. She just IS with everyone and there's no OT3 magic. In this arc we are seeing one thing happen and being told it's another and it needs these two things line up.

last edited at Mar 21, 2017 6:00PM

Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

Is the recent arc good? Tempted to read again but I don't want to leave a bad taste in my mouth.

Depends. If you love poly stuff or are poly, you may like it a lot.

If you have high standards for chemistry, prefer not having deus ex machinas, prefer monogamy (not even necessarily dislike poly), or aren't really that down with open relationships, etc. you may want to sit this arc out.

Really what it comes down to is that instead of being an OT3, it turned into an open relationship that, due to pieces magically falling into place, moonlights as poly-amorous relationship.

last edited at Mar 21, 2017 1:33AM

Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

Of course she doesn't want to break up with Nina, Amane falls in love with everyone and wants them to love her back. The thing is that she easily falls in love and just as easily is willing to break up. She puts in zero effort to keep her established relationships. She is fully willing to break up the moment things go sour, and if everyone did that with their relationships then no one would stay together that long.

Amane doesn't even want a true polyamory, she just wants an open relationship. She doesn't care whether her girlfriends like each other, she doesn't even ask Nina's permission before deciding to add another relationship. Only in this instance did it work out because Nina magically grew such strong feelings for Ryou that she couldn't choose which girl she wanted the most.

I don't know if it was ever explicitly made for us to see it this way, but I was getting these vibes all over. I think there may be some leeway where the other readers who enjoyed this section a lot can see things their way and fill in gaps.

However there are a lot of gaps and I myself am not convinced. I have to agree with Cannibal that this is much more "open relationship" territory than "polyamory" if we are going to define polyamory as everyone involved being committed to the relationship. I mean, what if Amane goes and gives a fourth red ribbon to an as yet unintroduced girl? What are Ryou and Nina going to do then?

Now, this could be fixed, explored, etc. but as it stands it is missing pieces. However, Canno did tie it up enough that quite a few readers can enjoy it more than I can and I am glad for that because it's not like it was complete trash or Amane is terrible human being, but if we're not wearing poly yuri goggles it just isn't enough.

Honestly, this whole arc was so rushed that you can read pretty much whatever you want into Amane's personality, at this point. I honestly don't think there's enough of her to say anything concrete.

Yeah kinda feel like some Yuri magic saved the day. Amane's outfit was super cute this chapter at least.

Also, RYOU WHY DO YOU KEEP SNITCHING ON NINA??? I think it was supposed to show how open Ryou is with Amane but in the end it just felt like Nina was alone in the world and couldn't trust anyone. It left an odd taste in my mouth.

Last Note: The taking clothes off bath scene was really good. Awkward tension was great. Gives me hope we can get more scenes like that for other characters such as Yurine and Ayaka. We know they've taken a bath together but IT WAS SKIPPEDDDDD SKJDHFDJSBFDJ.

last edited at Mar 20, 2017 8:00PM

Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

Will that do?

(it'll need to be updated of course…)

edit: Oh yeah, her. She has like 10 pages of screentime, but eh.

Love the picture you chose for Yurine.

Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

But to tell you the truth, I've already read chapter 30. No spoilers as everything above was my opinion before I read the chapter.

Whereeeeee O_O Ahaha oh well I can wait too.

Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

Amane is too boring. Yuunagi x Hiruma all the way.

I found that Nina and Ryou's relationship evolved a bit too quickly, honestly, though you could say it's justified by them knowing each other from their online personas. A few more scenes wouldn't have hurt.

Yuunagi has apparently known a lot longer than Hiruma, so it makes sense to me.

last edited at Mar 16, 2017 7:49PM

Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

It is nice but I am a bit confused that the credits page says not to upload to Dynasty. It also lists you (Arckuno on it), so it appears to be a mistake...?

Tiger
Kase-san discussion 11 Mar 02:39
Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

The way [Yamada]'s been portrayed thus far, it's not a lack of interest. She's been portrayed as someone who literally has no idea how people can be intimate beyond kissing. She's not even aware of kissing anything besides the lips. You get the feeling she was raised in a special breeding vat and only allowed to watch the Japanese version of Mr. Rogers.

That's probably the most accurate description. Yamada is definitely not against physical intimacy with Kase, she's just a total sub in bed at the moment. And Kase is torn between protecting Yamada's (admittedly adorable) cluelessness from herself and doing what's really best for both of them.

Well, since learning that Yamada is willing to sleep with her/wants Kase to take the lead (this kind of tided over Kase I suppose, reassurance that they WOULD sleep together at some point), they got side tracked with making sure that Yamada passed her finals and Kase would most certainly not want to pressure her (briefly addressed with getting ahead of herself and asking them to live together 2nd year).

This chapter also added in that Yamada's just been...busy. Busy doing things all on her own and stuff, hence why Kase hasn't been to her apartment before. It's only been a 2-3 month time skip if I remember correctly.

Since that has passed and they're just getting adjusted to classes, it's the perfect time for Kase to resume her efforts.

last edited at Mar 11, 2017 2:43AM

Tiger
Kase-san discussion 11 Mar 02:01
Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

Just what is Kase's obsession with toilets, anyway?

I figured since the bath was in there it was the place that Yamada took her clothes off? It does seem to be a bit lost on me too.

FYI, it's in reference to this
http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/kase_san_ch08_1#12

Oh thanks! Geez I'd forgotten about that. This is certainly a consistent interest. Kase's pervyness is well thought out.

Tiger
Kase-san discussion 10 Mar 20:30
Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

Just what is Kase's obsession with toilets, anyway?

I figured since the bath was in there it was the place that Yamada took her clothes off? It does seem to be a bit lost on me too.

Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

Well there hasn't been a new chapter of the Thai version since November so even if they go on hiatus for the translation they're not really getting behind.

Tiger
Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

Norainhere

Also, I bet that that guy at the end was Touko's sister's boyfriend - or at least he liked her before she died. I'm pretty sure he won't develop feeling for Touko as some weird replacement thing, though he will bring more sister-related drama. I am looking forward to where this goes, though.

I think that perhaps we are getting all the pieces for who this play is really about: Touko's Sister. Tomoyuki is either friend/boyfriend, Touko is the family member, etc. Touko is trying to become her sister but the truth is she can't be: she only knows one side of her sister. She's trying to be the sister she remembers, but I highly doubt she is going to be the sister that Tomoyuki remembers.

Best Mangaka Rohan

Doctor is annoying.

Yes. That scene with Su-Ji sealed the deal for me too.

Tiger
Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

This chapter was sooooo good. lol@Yuu's boobs. Touko just admitted that if Sayaka wasn't there she'd be coming onto Yuu.

Best Mangaka Rohan

Now....Ido what will happen. I just want Sayaka to find someone too. Love Triangle yuri always leave a bad taste in mouth like Love Doctor and WTDFS.

Hey, Love Doctor left a bad taste in my mouth too with Su-Ji (and I took a LONG break because of it, came back recently) but it looks like the girl she originally liked is back in the picture and I have high hopes that it'll be better than Cha-Yoon/E-rae because personally speaking, they are becoming the dullest characters in the series.

last edited at Mar 3, 2017 1:41AM

Tiger
Kase-san discussion 01 Feb 14:52
Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

Feels like we're reaching the end and the chapters are both too short and have too many ellipses to my taste. Makes me wonder if the author is rushing to finish this. ^^;

Well, at the same time, I'm not sure if there would be a reason to drag out the two to three months between Exams and College with more Yamada angst about "will I pass or not" if Yamada anda Kase weren't going to make any huge relationship changes in that time and it was instead going to happen during the college era.

It's not the same length as the December to September timeskip American colleges take.

pleasetellmeyou'relivingtogetherpleasetellmeyou'relivingtogetherpleasetellmeyou'relivingtogetherpleasetellmeyou'relivingtogetherpleasetellmeyou'relivingtogetherpleasetellmeyou'relivingtogetherpleasetellmeyou'relivingtogether

LOL, that would be too easy on Kase. No, we have to have Kase trying to put the moves on Yamada when Mikawacchi suddenly walks in the door and ruins it.

last edited at Feb 1, 2017 2:59PM

Tiger
Kase-san discussion 26 Jan 22:19
Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

New short chapter!
RAW: http://bookstore.yahoo.co.jp/shoshi-701613/
Initial TL draft: http://pastebin.com/vK8twAFn
Looks like that previous line from the last chapter ended up being less dramatic than I thought

Dang! Wasn't expecting that at all! What a transition.

The timeskip is from like Feb - April? Two to three months roughly? Not too much time then actually?