Forum › Posts by dofudofu

dofudofu
Tofu
joined Feb 8, 2016

It's about all three of them. Sumin, Seju, and Sungji are all on the cover/teaser picture, and they're all written as main characters. The author isn't leaving anything to the imagination or interpretation there.

dofudofu
Tofu
joined Feb 8, 2016

@Newp You're awesome!

After chapter 27 (the horror of realizing Seju can trot into Sumin's apartment at any given moment, even when Sungji is there...) I had a feeling something like this would happen. Sort of relieved she didn't walk in on them in the sheets, but I suppose there's still potential for that :|

I'm sure Sumin will avoid talking to Sungji about her past (or present) with Seju for as long as she possibly can, but I really hope she does at some point. I think it's odd that given Sungji's obsession with "firsts" with Sumin that she's never asked Sumin about her first love. Every couple has conversations about exes at some point (if they have them), and Sumin has one for every color of the hair rainbow.

Also, Sumin is terribly cute. She folded Sungji's clothes all neatly. Oh the little details.

last edited at Mar 9, 2016 3:59PM

Tofu
joined Feb 8, 2016

Going back and reading Hakka-ya's stuff and I love it, but this page always eats away at me: http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/kiyosumi_captain_monogatari#22.

Mihoko wins the hand saying, "Tsumo! 12000 All!" and then the commentator says she gets a successive yakuman. So the "successive" part of the yakuman I'm not 100% sure what that means, but as far as tsumo-ing 12000 from all the players, the only ways to do this are not with yakuman hands. She could get that score if she's dealer and tsumo's (self-draws) a sanbaiman (11-12 han, 1-2 han less than what's needed for a yakuman), or by winning 40 hands in a row as dealer and tsumo-ing a baiman (8-10 han), or a few other ways that require an increasing amount of absurdity. Regardless, if she's dealer and tsumo's a yakuman, she should say "Tsumo! 16000 All!" and get a total of 48000, not the 36000 shown.

I feel better now.

Tofu
joined Feb 8, 2016

I approve of as many Saki doujins as possible to make up for how excruciatingly slow the actual manga is published. Years of following and we're just finally getting into the team final lol.

That said I think it's nice to see this pairing also since I think over 50% of the Saki content is BuCap... not that I don't love them.

Tofu
joined Feb 8, 2016

Which is why No-rae needs to be the one to make a move or Seol-a will only get more and more frustrated and

At this point I think it has to be No-Rae that breaks the tension, or at least does something to relieve Seol-a's doubts. At the moment I'm on team sobriety. I'd rather not go through 60+ chapters only to end up with a liquid courage trope. But who knows, maybe Ssamba can write it in a way that will be surprising and refreshing.

Tofu
joined Feb 8, 2016

"Did you dress warmly?" Hovercraft alert hehe

dofudofu
Pulse discussion 03 Mar 21:25
Tofu
joined Feb 8, 2016

Hoping for a good things here. Lily Love is easy on the eyes, but is definitely more cute/fluffy and the dialogue could really use some work.

If this turns into the really really smutty lesbian doctor show, I'm all for it. Regardless, I'll buy this whole series just to support Ratana. I really think she's the cream of the crop as far as yuri art goes.

As much as I think there are some great yuri authors, art-wise, I don't think the genre has someone of the caliber of Mori Kaoru as far as just sheer detail and aesthetic beauty (well I'm not sure any genre has an artist that amazing, but still). If I could combine yuri authors/artists together right now, it would be Ssamba's writing, Ratana's art, and Team Gaji's sex scenes...

Edit: okay, maybe I'll have to make that non-Japanese yuri author team, because the moment I posted I felt dirty like I was cheating on Nishi Uko, Otsu Hiyori, Fujio, Morinaga, and like... way too many mangakas... It's just been a lot of manhwas lately so that's what is on my mind.

last edited at Mar 3, 2016 9:33PM

dofudofu
Tofu
joined Feb 8, 2016

Oh and something I noticed about Sumin a long time ago but haven't mentioned here, among her many super-lesbian abilities, she has ambidextrous fingering skills. Sumin's a little overpowered in my opinion :P I mean I've done a double take just dating a lefty, but I've never been with someone that's done it with their non-dominant hand (not that I can remember anyway).

last edited at Mar 2, 2016 10:12PM

dofudofu
Tofu
joined Feb 8, 2016

Wow this thread turned so lewd lol. So I was curious of how much finger did Sumin inserted inside Sungji, and from how Sumin's hand was drawn, the position of her fingers, I think she did not insert just one finger, but two fingers.

I mean, while we're at it, let's break this down:

1 finger

1 to 2 fingers

1 finger

1 finger

Edit: figured out how to post the pics now, thanks sia ue

last edited at Mar 2, 2016 9:10PM

dofudofu
Tofu
joined Feb 8, 2016

And I'm convinced the most unrealistic part of an otherwise relatively realistic sex scene (going by manga/manhwa standards here...) was that Sumin only put in one of her dainty little fingers...

Dude. Sungji's a freaking virgin. Like come on. Show some mercy.

Lol I'm sure that was the logic, but I still think it's funny to perpetuate the idea that one stray little finger is going to do the job...

It's her middle finger, no?

I didn't mean little finger as in her pinky, I just meant one finger, which is little, cuz she's a little Korean woman with slender hands. If she could palm a NBA regulation basketball you know maybe I'd not have mentioned anything lol...

I got it. haha. Come on, It's her first time, it sure did quite a job.

If Sungji's thing is like a black hole, then one finger might not do the job. But haha it's her first soo she'll actually feel it. Lol

Yeah for Seju she inserted 3 fingers.. ahahaha

Guys, discussing such thing is so perverted. XD

Since we're already so perverted, don't you find it surprising that Sungji was shaved? She didn't even know what tampons were at the beginning haha. So... Sungji's always been anticipating this moment all along lol

Okay so maybe you've mentioned something even more unrealistic lol. I just consider it a package deal with the genre that they've all had laser hair removal so they're bald as babies when the time comes. Sorta like how they've all gotten their certificates of professional gaydar.

dofudofu
Tofu
joined Feb 8, 2016

And I'm convinced the most unrealistic part of an otherwise relatively realistic sex scene (going by manga/manhwa standards here...) was that Sumin only put in one of her dainty little fingers...

Lol I'm sure that was the logic, but I still think it's funny to perpetuate the idea that one stray little finger is going to do the job...

I didn't mean little finger as in her pinky, I just meant one finger, which is little, cuz she's a little Korean woman with slender hands. If she could palm a NBA regulation basketball you know maybe I'd not have mentioned anything lol...

I got it. haha. Come on, It's her first time, it sure did quite a job.

If Sungji's thing is like a black hole, then one finger might not do the job. But haha it's her first soo she'll actually feel it. Lol

Yeah for Seju she inserted 3 fingers.. ahahaha

Guys, discussing such thing is so perverted. XD

This^^^^

Lol zero guilt for starting it. Need a convo like this on dynasty once in awhile...

dofudofu
Tofu
joined Feb 8, 2016

My first time writing on here so I'm not sure if this is allowed.. but for those who can't wait for the translations I tried to help out: enjoy :) (If this is not allowed please let me know/delete this post).

Thanks for the translation. I don't see the harm since the moaning and occasional talking isn't exactly riveting without the visuals which people need to pay for.

dofudofu
Tofu
joined Feb 8, 2016

dofudofu
Tofu
joined Feb 8, 2016

last edited at Mar 2, 2016 3:20PM

dofudofu
Tofu
joined Feb 8, 2016

Could someone tell me why Sumin cried? She said "It's because I'm happy. I felt sad that this feeling is dirty." (It's from google translate). I don't get it, but feel really sad. Was it because she thought she's gay and it would make sungji gay too?

Probably something more like her feeling like she can't love and can't be happy, so she feels dirty about the joy she's experiencing etc.

dofudofu
Tofu
joined Feb 8, 2016

You guys are so good at thinking ahead and trying to see the bigger arc. I'm just like "This is hot. I really want to know how Sungji's going to scurry home without her parents noticing that she's been out bumping uglies with Sumin all night". Also want to see Sumin interact with the parents, even though I think it'll turn out really typical.

last edited at Mar 2, 2016 12:23PM

Tofu
joined Feb 8, 2016

any scenario could be possible but I think Seol-a will be jealous and that will lead her to confess to No-Rae or if ever Seol-a see No-Rae and her ex kiss. heartbroken Seol-a will avoid No-Rae. which would lead to No-Rae to confess to Seol-a.

Oh hell to the no. If there's a current-time het kiss, I just give up. I'm sure we haven't seen the last of her ex, especially since it's looking like she'll be on campus with him and Seol-a will have graduated, but No-Rae's palm better be in his face before any lip-locking...

Tofu
joined Feb 8, 2016

In real life, if two people experienced what happened in the chapter 63 and 64, could the two of them possibly act like Seola and Norae did in chapter 65?

Yeah absolutely. Especially when there's a lot of doubt and insecurity in one or both parties, and they think very highly of each other. I've had more than one very intimate moment with the person dearest to me and to this day we don't acknowledge what's happened in the past... or anybody the other person goes out with...

I think people are just extremely adept at finding reasons to get in the way of their own happiness, and that's depicted very clearly in FF.

Tofu
joined Feb 8, 2016

I think their relationship will continue to develop slowly like this, and something will start to happen when graduation is around the corner, since No-rae will be left behind and Seol-A will be graduating.

I thought they're both on track to graduate on time?

dofudofu
Tofu
joined Feb 8, 2016

On the other hand I do think WDTFS author is reading FF lol

I'd prefer that Ssamba reads WDTFS and you know... sauces things up a bit.

dofudofu
Tofu
joined Feb 8, 2016

Korea needs a health and wellness center for their artists so things like this don't happen. National treasures, I tell you.

dofudofu
Tofu
joined Feb 8, 2016

No chapter this week :(
Between WDTFS and FF, one of them needs to come through next week or I'm just going to shrivel into a yuri-less pile of disappointment.

Tofu
joined Feb 8, 2016

I made a collection of Seolrae moments in gif format if anyone's interested
http://ieeheh.tumblr.com/post/139840988379/seolraes-memories-collection-no-1
http://ieeheh.tumblr.com/post/139857576009/seolraes-memories-collection-no-2

You're a doll, thanks for these.

Also ready for the day there's a SeolRae kiss/confession/anything-that-makes-them-canon and this whole thread spontaneously combusts. FF fans are just on a completely different level haha.

dofudofu
Tofu
joined Feb 8, 2016

Another thing I've wondered about with no real answer yet is why Sungji thinks that Sumin looks like that fox stuffed animal. Sumin's the center of the story and the title seems to refer to her, but I've tried to make that fox look like Sumin so many times and I just don't see the resemblance lol. I presume it's one of the key examples that Sungji has some intuition about Sumin's personality and character that others don't see.

dofudofu
Tofu
joined Feb 8, 2016

I think Sungji is just categorically a "late-bloomer," which is by definition not the norm and therefore probably less relatable than the others who have had a wall of shit fall on them and made a lot of mistakes. Sungji's getting into her first relationship at the same age when Sumin and Seju were engaged and broke up. She even says something to the effect of "Sometimes I think I'm slower than everyone else, even though I don't feel the rush." I think this applies to not just her life but also how the author is presenting her story.