Forum › Posts by Random Reader

Random Reader
joined Nov 30, 2011

I don't understand what's going on at all

They are clearly long lost descendents of an ancient race of giraffe people. What's not to understand?

Random Reader
Citrus discussion 20 Apr 23:04
joined Nov 30, 2011

That was a pretty entertaining post to read! And like her, I can't wait to see how Harumin wades into the drama. She was definitely making some faces when Matsuri was spouting off some stuff so I'm hoping she gets some much needed screen time (in the dramatic sense).

Random Reader
joined Nov 30, 2011

I'm not surprised everyone is mentioning Prism.

I get sad every time I re-read it... Kinda avoid doing so, haha...

x2!! You can't put it down once you start reading it but you'll be sad when you finish it because it was forcibly cancelled Cl-( ...

That is why people avoid mentioning it, haha :D

Understandable but it's still hard to not to.

Octave is one of the few drama mangas that I consider good and realistic, although I would've liked a better wrap-up for an ending. But It is way better than every other drama around here.

Agreed about the ending. I would have liked to see another chapter or two, especially seeing her introducing Setsuko as her girlfriend to her family. Also agreed about it being one of the better dramas here. (Do you know of any others?)

Notes from the Garden of Lillies - Suga Atsushi

Oh yea, we had that re-reading party, good times.

Haha yeah that was quite fun!

Random Reader
joined Nov 30, 2011

I'm not surprised everyone is mentioning Prism.

I get sad every time I re-read it... Kinda avoid doing so, haha...

x2!! You can't put it down once you start reading it but you'll be sad when you finish it because it was forcibly cancelled Cl-( ...

Anyway I spent the day rereading Octave by Akiyama Haru. It can be soooo damned rough sometimes. Even now, I still want to do horribly unforgivable things to Yukino for the way she treats Setsuko and then later on her only decent friend Mika and lies out of her ass most of the way through! UGH!!!! So frustrating but it's damn good and Yukino has some amazing character progression (though she's still a pain in the ass almost all the way up to the end >_<). However, you can't really fault her at the same time for her flaws because of how her life sort of turned out but then you know she knows what she is doing and still does something outrageous and you just want to choke her! And because of all of that, Octave is still my all-time favorite. I would personally love to see a one-shot of them more established as a couple 5+ years later on and see how Setsuko has fared and especially how much has Yukino grown.

I also reread:
Girlfriends - Morinaga Milk
Clover - Otsu Hiyori
Notes from the Garden of Lillies - Suga Atsushi
Flower Flower - Iwami Shouko
Present - Uso Kurata
Lonely Wolf, Lonely Sheep - Mizutani Fuuka
Your Cuteness - Otsu Hiyori

Just started one of my other all-time favorites and is pretty much a classic in my personal book ;) :
Hakodate Youjin Buraichou Himegami by Tamaki Nozomu- It's such an awesome series and was one of the first series I read here on Dynasty many moons ago. The artwork, story, action, and characters are all a lot of fun. Hmmm, it's kinda like magical girl meets Claymore meets Berserk (well Berserk-Lite more or less lol) with some good ole fashion comedy and drama thrown in for good mix. Oh! And there is some romance, cross dressing, mystery and historical mishmashing going on all at once.

Random Reader
Lemonade discussion 18 Apr 23:34
joined Nov 30, 2011

octave

Oh it was!? I wasn't sure!

Random Reader
Lemonade discussion 17 Apr 03:18
joined Nov 30, 2011

Falling In Love With Idiots: The Manga

To be fair this could describe a lot of yuri manga...

Which manga is that in your avatar?

Random Reader
Citrus discussion 15 Apr 04:13
joined Nov 30, 2011

Barely noticed that Matsuri has scissors in the cover and there is a red thread. Can only mean one thing. 8)

Matsuri's own line to Yuzu is cut??

can't tell. there are several cut pieces of thread. did any of that thread connect to Yuzu in the first place?

Exactly! I don't think people need to read into it too much. ;)

Random Reader
Citrus discussion 14 Apr 20:40
joined Nov 30, 2011

Barely noticed that Matsuri has scissors in the cover and there is a red thread. Can only mean one thing. 8)

Matsuri's own line to Yuzu is cut??

joined Nov 30, 2011

Why do I keep rereading this?!?!
I know what happens but I just keep clicking the story over and over, hoping that the ending will be different. Man it's so good that it drives me insane!

Like me, you want another chapter to magically appear!

Random Reader
Philosophia discussion 13 Apr 17:18
joined Nov 30, 2011

So it seems Tomo was well aware of Ai's feelings the whole time. Harsh.

Random Reader
Citrus discussion 13 Apr 01:02
joined Nov 30, 2011

I thought we already discussed how unnecessary 3rd wheels are, we dont need to discuss it more because then it just comes off as moaning :P
But....if we are going to talk about something related to that i can think of a few ways the whole "the kiss didn't mean anything" thing could have been solved WITHOUT a 3rd wheel, most of them are very simple :/

I might have missed that discussion lol. Anyhoo, I don't mind 3rd wheels as long as they are done properly. I've just read waaaay to many stories where one character forcefully kisses another against their will as if it's the author's way of introducing some drama and causing shenanigans. That is why I was skeptical about this story with the way it began between Yuzu and Mei. But the progression between the two was something I really liked as Yuzu always put a stop to Mei and her "advances" despite her obviously very strong feelings. (Not to mention the inner turmoil she is undergoing.) I think Matsuri is a great introduction for a possible 3rd wheel but that forcible kiss at the end seemed totally unnecessary to me. I'm getting vibes from Harumin that she's gonna say something soon.

joined Nov 30, 2011

Ch.20 was just great and super adorable. Best couple so far.

And x2 or 5 about the delinquent girls or whatever. Are there any yuri stories with delinquent girls in them with non-delinquent girl?

Random Reader
Citrus discussion 11 Apr 02:48
joined Nov 30, 2011

and anyone who can't enjoy that for what it is should've stopped reading long before now.

You mean a yuri story with typical shoujo trappings pasted onto it? The main reason I enjoy reading yuri is because, most of the time if not a large majority of the time, they have very rare instances of those shoujo trappings.

Also, this story reminds me of most shoujo stories. By that I mean when the main guy force kisses the main girl after doing some kidnap-like action where he tackles the girl in a private area after grabbing her when she least expects it. And out of all of that the girl somehow ends up liking the guy completely ignoring his actions.

Honestly, the story looked like it was getting better until the last chapter. 3rd wheels are extremely annoying and generally unnecessary for drama and plot/character advancement. This series has been perfectly fine without it.

joined Nov 30, 2011

ehhh is it really over?
:/
wish it were finished off where they become official

The final extra pretty much implies they became a couple.

I also got the impression that everyone knew during their schooling that they were dating despite both girls trying to keep it a secret. Not to mention their double-date.

Random Reader
Image Comments 07 Apr 21:19
joined Nov 30, 2011
42412427_big_p2

It appears Ragyo has taught Satsuki well.

Random Reader
joined Nov 30, 2011

...I wish we would 've gotten more -_-

This should be a tag for all of Dynasty's one-shots.

joined Nov 30, 2011

This... is the closest... I have ever come to playing Magic the Gathering. I am satisfied.

Random Reader
Lemonade discussion 06 Apr 00:05
joined Nov 30, 2011

What about the fact of the annoying nickname... I thought they would stop, fuck I forgot what was her real name.

Yeah I thought they already resolved not to call her that O__o It's like the previous "fight" never took place.

I know! What the hell! Not to mention I thought Youko kinda blew it with the argument she had with Keita and then her "amending" her issues with Maki. In my honest opinion Maki still hasn't resolved things with Youko and Youko has every right to be a jerk if she wants to. Maki totally knows what's upsetting Youko but practically turned her back on her for Keita.

Random Reader
Citrus discussion 06 Apr 00:01
joined Nov 30, 2011

Is it bad if I want this to be make into anime?

No. We could use a lot more anime in general. There's enough good stuff here to make a season's worth.

yup. so agree with you RandomReader. Next question would be if there is enough of an audience to make it worthwhile for a producer and distributor. I would think so given that it belongs to a niche genre and that there are so few Yuri-related animes being released (currently and in general).

That's why I'm hoping Sakura Trick does well and the next couple yuri oriented shows do well as well. Get the ball rolling so-to-speak.

now to me, I would be veeeeery interested in who licensed it and the production studio they use. cuz it would piss me off to no end if the final product were a half-assed attempt!

And when you say half-assed I immediately think of Sasameki Koto and Sweet Blue Flowers not being finished past one season =( ... It was thanks to the Sasameki Koto anime that I found Dynasty in the first place.

Random Reader
Citrus discussion 05 Apr 07:13
joined Nov 30, 2011

Is it bad if I want this to be make into anime?

No. We could use a lot more anime in general. There's enough good stuff here to make a season's worth.

Random Reader
Baggata Way discussion 05 Apr 04:24
joined Nov 30, 2011

Damn. Really wish this could have gotten picked up by some other group and continued. Apparently the series goes up to Vol. 10! (At least from what I've read elsewhere.) If only I had the translation skills of a god :(

joined Nov 30, 2011

Do have to say again, those last 2 pages made the entire manga infinitely better than what I thought about it.

It's also one hell of a tease though

Yeah is kind of bothersome the way a lot of yuri mangas end just when things are getting good.

Irritating in my case, those endings usually makes me completely trash my opinion on whatever it is that I read.

Totally agreed. The entire set of extras really elevates this series.

And I too wish most would go beyond high school, through college, and into adulthood. Hell, I wouldn't mind a few time skips here and there.

joined Nov 30, 2011

Sorry for being tardi. I've got a hot chocolate and PB&J myself.

Random Reader
Lemonade discussion 04 Apr 00:35
joined Nov 30, 2011

Have I mentioned that I don't like Maki? Because I don't like Maki. Even if you leave aside possible yuri, that is not a good way to treat your friends.

compared to how Yokuo treated Maki just because she likes someone else. I am in the opposite camp TBH I would rather Maki be with someone else since Youko is so conflicted with herself.

It wasn't so much because maki liked someone else as it was the fact that the person she liked and defended (by marginalizing Yukou) regularly picked on her. In my opinion, that's a pretty reasonable stance.

"That guy you like, who you're always hanging out with, is a complete jerk to me, pretty much whenever I see him. He's actually gotten other people to call me names and insult me."
"No, you're wrong, he's actually really nice. You just need to stop minding the way he treats you."
"Yeah... I'm going to stop hanging out with you as long as you're with him and/or constantly talking him up. I don't really like being around people who make me feel less like an individual person and more like a stand-in for my sister."

x2. Maki was quite the jerk to Youko about that and was definitely twisting the knife. If anyone had to apologize it was definitely Maki that's why I thought Youko's talk with Keita was disappointing because I felt like she gave in to easily and botched the reason behind why she doesn't like him in the first place. But that is also why she seems to struggle in telling other people about why she hates him so much since he originally went looking for her because of her older sister. In my honest opinion their making up could have definitely gone a lot better. I was kinda hoping they would sorta go separate paths and some other character comes in to swoop Youko off her feet.

Random Reader
Citrus discussion 03 Apr 21:57
joined Nov 30, 2011

If you're going to talk about the damned raw before it's translated and posted here, put a friggen SPOILERS tag above your post. I nearly read all of mochimochi's post but was able to stop part way through.

-EDIT-
Saw the edit. Man. Nearly had a heart attack when I started reading it earlier lol.

last edited at Apr 4, 2014 2:09AM