Forum › Posts by mvl89

Photopictureresizer_160424_131930125-640x360
joined Jan 13, 2016

Why are some people here are still immature? Calling other people idiots, dumb, or stupid just because they have different opinions of views than them? For God's sake, it's a fictional love story between two female friends. We read it. We discuss it. That's it. When you read or watch something, any person would react differently. Only smart people would answer back with an intelligent reply. If someone does not know about something and states it wrongly, be more courteous by answer it professionally. I don't think we should really get upset just because other people reply something different from us. I like this story. I read it. I get frustrated about it. I may get upset about the pace of it, but I always see it as a fictional story that is meant to be read and discussed about it. It's not meant for readers to call each other idiots or stupid or attacking other readers/commentors or translators. I see that there are too many immature and disrespectful readers here. I am always thankful for those people who actually spend their precious time doing something for free. I also like reading other people's comments. I always take their comments as just comments. Nothing more nothing less. Just opinions on a piece of fictional story.

joined Jan 13, 2016

Why can't Seola just tell Norae how she feels? She is a lot prettier, more attractive, and smarter, so I would assume she has more confidence.

Doesn't matter how hot you are if the girl you like is not gay. :[

Now, I'm really curious how gay people get together with the ones they like if they are this afraid of speaking up their feelings to the ones they like like Seola and Norae. You never know if they one you like is gay or not. The one you like might also like you. I know it's not easy to just come out and say "I love you" to your friend, but wouldn't it be better to just come out and say it and be done with it or not say and just let it live in your heart if you are so afraid of the unknown. I have never been in love or want to be in love, so I am always curious about it and why do people go through all the pain for it. That's why I liked Enah's advice--either Seola clearly comes out and say it or just ignore it and continues as friends. Loving each other as friends is cool too. If they can't say how they feel, they should just remain as normal friends. Society is harsh. If they think telling each other how they feel is hard, imaging living together as a gay couple. It's gonna be harder to deal it it.

joined Jan 13, 2016

I’ve been reading the forums for a few days now and I just wanted to add my two cents to the discussion of the series ^^ .

Overall, I still am interested in the series and want to know what happens in the discussion but the last couple chapters have lessened my interest in the series. Frankly, I don’t care if the series will ever cover a working relationship between Seola and No-rae. And I’m fine with the series having a slow character-focused pacing. But I really think that in the whole ski-resort-arc (with the trip to No-rae’s parents) the series jumped the shark without knowing what to do with that.

I don’t think repetition is the problem here. It would imply that when something happens the series would move on in order to return to the same point – but the series never seems to move on these days. The relationship between Seola and Norae is frustratingly static, the complications of the plot remain incidental and the closure (even on an incidental level these days) is non-existing. FF’s writing seems very inconsequential. What happened on that ski-resort-trip was all VERY dramatic (Seola crying out of frustration, Sungpyo suddenly appearing, Seola and Norae nearly kissing etc.) but it didn’t amount to anything. None of it even seems very dramatic in hindsight due to this lack of commitment. Those atrocious time-jumps happened too often between chapters and killed the natural momentum of the story again and again there.

But even aside from consequences, the writing wasn’t very elegant. You have all these plot-points and character-moments but they all seem to be only tangentially related in how they’re presented. Every meaningful moment of the ski-resort-trip exists in its own little bubble. There have been no confrontations between Norae and Seola despite the fact that the reason for all the events is that they’re at odds with each other. Norae clearly isn’t on the same wavelength as Seola when it comes to their relationship and the series has so far done nothing besides rubbing the readers’ noses in it. And if for some reason you haven’t realized that yet, you will have certainly gotten the message with that wordy chapter 66 that needlessly summarized all that has happened in the previous couple chapters (the golden rule is “show, don’t tell”, not “show, don’t tell – then later tell them what they’ve seen”).

What bothers me the most these days is Norae, though. I assume Ssamba wants to create tension by making us identify more with Seola than Norae. But it should be the other way around at this point, I think. Chapter 66 and this new chapter are disappointing because we already know what Seola’s mindset is. Far more interesting would be to find out what Norae is actually hoping to achieve by doing this whole “oblivious”-routine. Honestly, in the scene where Norae plays the guitar she acts oblivious to the point of being kinda insulting. Since it’s hard right now to identify with Norae (because we don’t really know what exactly she’s thinking) the whole thing starts to feel like an “idiot-plot”. You know, the kind of plot that can be easily resolved with one short, honest conversation but it isn’t happening because the characters behave like idiots. And Norae is that idiot right now. I mean, with how stubborn Norae is, I don’t think there’s anything Seola can actually do to change their relationship.

It’s disappointing for me because the chapters itself often have one or more nice, little moments of fluffiness and cuteness. But these are only moments in a story that hasn’t really come together as a whole in a while.

Also Sungpyo is a stalker… Seriously, this is the second (!) time he just “happened” to be in the vicinity of Norae for a flimsy reason.

I agreed with you on a few points. Seola would have been a lot happier if she took Enah's advice. Enah's role in the previous chapters didn't seem to help their relationship at all. They should have convinced Seola came out telling Norae how she feels toward her. Enah was right. As long as it continues like this, Seala is going to be miserable. Why can't Seola just tell Norae how she feels? She is a lot prettier, more attractive, and smarter, so I would assume she has more confidence. If I'm Norae in this store lol.. I would likely act like she did throughout the story. Falling in love with your smart and gorgeous best friend is a bit tough to come out to tell your friend you love her. Why do smart and beautiful people also lack of confidence when it comes to love?

joined Jan 13, 2016

xphrnzrjh

Y'all should hear this cover of "More than Words"- https://youtu.be/7EfWYy7KRcU

It's the only version I've been listening to the past couple of days lol.

I've been picturing an FF MV using this cover in the background, starting with No-rae singing then flashbacks of their moments together, all those glances and awesome physical contacts between them, then ending with No-rae singing again then Seol-a reached out her hands. Then it ends there lol.
But too bad I don't have time 'cuz my real life is a bitch right now, or else I'll do the video myself lol
Maybe some great video editors here could do us a favor ;)

Thanks for the link. Like many people here, I also tried to listen to it.
Instead of picturing No-rae singing this song, I was picturing her singing this song to Seola (I translated from a non-English song which is not all perfect accurate but enough to get the point) that goes something like this:
Before knowing, before understanding, everything was already too late.
Before knowing, the hearts were already rotten, enough tells already fell down.
We met every time, saw each other every day, without saying a word or asking about anything
Not telling each other how we truly felt in our hearts
A love hidden inside the heart
Not telling anyone that we were in love
How long will we continue to wait
I'm still waiting for you to tell me about your heart that you love me only
Then let me tell you about my heart, that I love you only....