Forum › Posts by Random Reader

Random Reader
Anemone discussion 18 Jun 05:16
joined Nov 30, 2011

I liked this one a lot, and xWhatever number for seeing some others thrown into the more physical than usual mix.

Random Reader
Image Comments 18 Jun 05:09
joined Nov 30, 2011
19358ef53028b6e1edf231e8a9de7bcb

It took me a little bit to remember who these two were because everyone looked identical by the end of this series.

Random Reader
Citrus discussion 18 Jun 05:06
joined Nov 30, 2011

I come back from a week long vacation and find that Lemonade ends without any lemonade, Teppu gets added, Baggata Way gets a new chapter and some character growth, and then Citrus gets an update. After spending all day packing, driving from LA to San Fransisco in a UHUAL truck up I-5, and then upacking, I'd say this is a pretty good end to that vacation.

Now to the point. While Teppu's characters are all fully capable of being future serial killers and rapists, Mei is currently the reigning sexual predator and I get the feeling that Citrus is all about making her a human being capable of being a decent member of society and the human species. Matsui is just there to aid in dragging us over the hot, burning coals the author has so kindly set out for us.

Random Reader
Teppu discussion 18 Jun 04:56
joined Nov 30, 2011

Holy crap it's TEPPU!

Random Reader
Baggata Way discussion 18 Jun 04:34
joined Nov 30, 2011

Some random character development during the middle of the match this chapter.

Random Reader
Lemonade discussion 18 Jun 04:23
joined Nov 30, 2011

But Pika-chan is awesome throughout, so that's cool.

It's the shiny forehead power I tell ya. I had trouble reading that last chapter though, even though I knew what was going to happen...

Pika for Life.

Random Reader
Random Reader
Lemonade discussion 09 Jun 02:34
joined Nov 30, 2011

God damn. The guy graduates and because the all-important fuckass that nobody likes is leaving we get a timeskip. Who is the MC in this again?

Yeah, but if they didn't have a time skip they'd actually have to put all the groundwork of a Maki x Youkou relationship in the story. And really, who'd want to read that crap?

me >_<

The least they could have done is give us a montage of them looking at each other and blushing or something...

Random Reader
Lemonade discussion 08 Jun 13:23
joined Nov 30, 2011

I don't know why people get worked up over it. The unbridled hatred, racism, bigorty, sexism, grammar wars, self-deprecation, fandom wars, and etc. that take place there are the stuff of legends.

I think you answered your own question.

I might have but you'd think people would realize that they're just baiting folks into useless arguments.

Random Reader
joined Nov 30, 2011

Those tags....

Random Reader
Lemonade discussion 08 Jun 03:24
joined Nov 30, 2011

I personally find the comment section of Youtube to be a highly entertaining place. I have had many a bad day turned around by unrestricted trolling that takes place there. I don't know why people get worked up over it. The unbridled hatred, racism, bigorty, sexism, grammar wars, self-deprecation, fandom wars, and etc. that take place there are the stuff of legends. While everyone has to act politically correct in "polite society," the Youtube comment section is the place where everyone blows of steam. I find it to be highly amusing.

Random Reader
joined Nov 30, 2011

O_O ......

Time to go wash my brain out with Whose Line is it Anyway, Batman, and MXC clips on youtube. I will return in a few days when my sanity is restored.

Random Reader
Lemonade discussion 08 Jun 02:43
joined Nov 30, 2011

Whoo! Time skip~
I love time skips!
And why the heck is that senpai still visiting!?

Because, PLOT TWIST, he's the real MC!! Whicka whicka yeeeaaaahhhhh.....

Random Reader
Stretch discussion 06 Jun 01:30
joined Nov 30, 2011

Pretty good chapter considering the lead up to it. I also get the feeling Keiko tends to go with the flow a lot, "Birds of a feather, etc. etc." solidifies that thought for me about her. I think we'll have another 8-10 chapters before another Keiko flashback. In the meantime it'll go back to contemporary time and we might get something on Ran's background... Or instead her flashback will be in 8-10 chapters. Who knows. Either way I really enjoy the progress of the story. I have so far felt that no stretch, look, or word has been wasted.

Random Reader
Lemonade discussion 04 Jun 04:56
joined Nov 30, 2011

I'm also starting to think I may need to take a break from Lemonade and come back to it with a fresher set of eyes and a clearer thought process.

Random Reader
Lemonade discussion 04 Jun 04:55
joined Nov 30, 2011

I can't believe I'm answering this lol! XD

To be completely honest, I feel that some important aspects of this manga are flying over a lot of people's heads, who are too busy lamenting the lack of yuri or hating on the guy. I feel that the main problem is that we were expecting a romance, when this manga isn't even tagged as such. I don't think this story's central theme is the girls' love for each other at all. This manga is about the protagonist's feelings and growth as a character.

Honestly, I want a good story. My favorite mangas of all time are all extremely light or vague on the romance department. I'm not expecting a straight up hardcore yuri flowery love fest (though I like those a lot too). What I want is a good story. However, the yuri genre tends to have better romances from what I have experienced thus far.

So then we have the little arc of her ignoring her friend as punishment for liking the guy she hated. Now, regardless of whether you feel that her friend is a terrible person or not for liking the guy who calls Youko "Imoko" doesn't come into the equation here. What that arc was about was that Youko was playing it tough and giving her the cold shoulder on purpose out of spite, and she KNEW that. It's not "hmph, bitch deserved that." It's "crap, I'm hurting the girl I'm supposed to love, and yet I can't seem to stop because I'm too angry." That's what Youko is feeling during that arc, and I think it's amazing because it's such a human thing to do. I don't think I'm the only one who has ended up saying/doing hurtful things to the people who care about me because of my petty anger/frustration/jealousy. She's such a human character, and I love how in this manga it's not like she has a sudden realization that she's hurting her friend and suddenly gets over it and goes into full "I want my beloved to be happy" mode, but instead has to keep struggling with her negative feelings.

Youko's friend completely ignored the fact she was insulted, humiliated, and offended by his actions. Most people I know of who had friends that did this have their friendship seriously threatened or it's broken up and almost never repaired. I saw no decent character growth here when there could have been some real solid growth for a character to actually move on from a friend (which I rarely see happen in romances).

Now, even though I don't really like Keita as a person, I think that he, as a character, is a perfect foil to Youko. He is shown to be a dumbfuck who doesn't realize how what he says affects other people. He's annoying, rude, and gets in Youko's way. But he doesn't have bad intentions at all, and is shown to care enough about his Kouhai to go out of his way to apologize for something he didn't see as bad, just to get them to reconcile. I'm not saying he's a good person, nor am I saying he's a bad person either. He's a human, too, just like Youko, with good and bad points. I believe that Youko learning to deal with him as a person and accepting his good points as well as his shortcomings is a big part of her character development. She was demonizing him from the beginning, while later in the story she's shown to see him a bit more as his own person rather than just an asshole. She still hates him, but she also starts to understand him a bit, and if you don't think that shows how great her character development is, then I don't think you and I have the same definition of character development.

Just to reconcile for the sake of reconciling is a pretty big douchy move on his part since he didn't take the time to really understand Youko's position. Then he continues calling her Imoko and turns it into her identity after she was clearly offended and hurt by it. Lastly, her friend has been spectacularly unsupportive of Youko this entire time. Youko growing as a character would have been to dump her friend after the initial bout about Keita and then no giving in with him when they first tried to reconcile. She's also coming across as a bit of a lone wolf since it seems everyone is sticking up for Keita and not really trying to tell him off when he's hurting Youko or giving her more support and advice. And her character development seems to be the only one trying to make any headway, like pushing against a crowd. That is why this is very frustrating for me. I felt like it had a few chances to really see the whole cast have some parallel development but instead we do and don't see it with Youko. Also, my huge disliking of Keita stems from the fact I knew a guy in my high school who was like that. A lot of people became very annoyed with him because he never took anything seriously and was always goofing around. When he started going to far or just getting on people's nerves we'd tell him off, and this went for a whole range of different personalities. Thus my dislike of Keita comes from that and also just how the story has been progressing.

Also, this has far more yuri content than Stretch which has very very subtle hints that only people wearing incredibly thick yuri goggles can claim to be seen. But for me, I usually want a good story first, and a romance second. The het storyline isn't an issue as a plot device but it becomes an issue with how it's been written (especially in this instance). Like you, I think Youko as a character has shown SOME character development, but it's hard to measure when no one else seems to be growing alongside her. She showed me a lot of potential initially but I felt like she missed some very big chances from growth which made me wonder if she was "out of character" for those scenes just to prolong the drama. (I.E. the author created these characters but when one's personality would take them in an entirely new direction, the author didn't want that to happen so they did this and that instead. Basically, I though Youko had more back bone but when it came time for the show down she didn't stand her ground the way I thought she was being portrayed. That made wonder if she was written out of character.)

Random Reader
Baggata Way discussion 04 Jun 04:00
joined Nov 30, 2011

What was the crowd's reaction at the end there?? Were they booing or just being completely silent??

Also, awesome update!

Also it seems like it'll take a hiatus once the next semester starts up, just an FYI for people:
"Disclaimer: I can't finish this. Estimate being able to translate leftovers of v3 and v4 before semester starts again"

last edited at Jun 4, 2014 4:02AM

Random Reader
joined Nov 30, 2011

Chikaon isn't the only one. I have reread this quite a few times myself over the years.

Random Reader
Collectors discussion 02 Jun 16:41
joined Nov 30, 2011

I wasn't sure at first but you know how some women toss their hair when someone they like is around?

Ever since you mentioned this I've been very curious if this is really true?

it can be. kinda like when a person wiggles their index finger in a "come hither" beckoning motion. btw, what do guys do when they are trying to get someone to notice them without being obvious?

Stand straight, puff the chest, passing a hand over the hair, doing something stupid to get a smile..

Or they tease you.

That's another classic but usually we only do that on high school or earlier (back when we're kind of tsunderes :p)

x2 ... And not just tsunderes, but really immature brats ;)

... though sadly some don't mature very well post high school and college for that matter. -_-...

Random Reader
Lemonade discussion 30 May 14:44
joined Nov 30, 2011

After reading this thread and posting in it myself, I have come to the conclusions that this is Lemonade readers in a nutshell

Random Reader
Girl's Ride discussion 30 May 03:33
joined Nov 30, 2011

I'd love to read cyberpunk yuri. And girl gang yuri. And urban fantasy yuri. And detective fiction yuri. So on and so forth.

Where do I sign the petition to get this done?

Random Reader
joined Nov 30, 2011

What, no one remembers Bigus Dickus or Jack Mehoff?? Though I gotta admit Clitori Anus is definitely new and quite bold. I had to double take with that one lol XD

Random Reader
Baggata Way discussion 28 May 16:35
joined Nov 30, 2011

Awesome!!! Thanks for the heads up!!

Random Reader
Baggata Way discussion 28 May 13:04
joined Nov 30, 2011

Really?? Where did you hear that?

Random Reader
Collectors discussion 28 May 03:27
joined Nov 30, 2011

Stand straight, puff the chest, passing a hand over the hair, doing something stupid to get a smile..

I think I laughed a bit to hard at this. I know a lot of guys who actually do all of those, sometimes all in a single moment to catch some girl's attention! I usually stand straight if I want to give off an air of confidence or look like I know what the hell I'm doing. Other than that I feel like I'm awkward enough to trip on a nonexistent blade of grass when on cement.

I wouldn't know exactly how common it is but I do the hair toss sometimes and I know some other women who do it to. For me it's just a subconcious thing. Tossing your hair, touching your hair, slicking back your hair, running your hand through your hair it is all just an easy form of preening and men do it too. It's a lot like how some birds act. Don't even have to have an intended target in mind.

This is what I thought. My gf tells me she always has her hair up because it becomes hard to deal with when it's down (goes to her shoulder blades). She's told me some of the eerrr... female ways when it comes to mating rituals and other stuff and has never mentioned anything about the hair...fwiping. (Then again she's a bit of a tomboy so shrugs.)

Though a lot of times a hair toss is just a hair toss. Oh I also used to have a friend who would toss her hair when she was angry too, so yeah best not to overthink it.

Definitely not over thinking it like what's been going on with the Stretch thread lol!

last edited at May 28, 2014 3:28AM