Forum › Posts by Dreamloop

Dreamloop
Genshin Impact! 12 Feb 12:09
Capture
joined Feb 8, 2019

I'm so happy for you that you got Ganyu - I only realised how cute she was once the event was over, damn. Anyway since I only started playing in mid-January I wouldn't have had enough rolls for her anyway in all probability, but it still kinda hurts to know that I wont be getting her for a while. Bad timing...

Ganyu's breathy voice reminds me a bit of Mamiko Noto, and that's a compliment of the highest order lol.

Will have to see who I will seriously roll for. Im also hoping for faster resin replenishment since now it's a lot of waiting to ascend stuff.

Dreamloop
Genshin Impact! 12 Feb 09:49
Capture
joined Feb 8, 2019

I actually got Keqing from the standard wish yesterday (and I don't think it was even a pity) and it sure was an injection of good spirits into a week which has otherwise been horribly stressful and bleak. Once again just running out of exp materials to level her up, though, and having to grind electro for three mainstays (Fischl & Beidou are the other two) is pretty unsweet. Anyway, I'm actually surprised how long I've been bothered to stay involved in the game. I guess it's because the game mechanics are so easy to master and the general gameplay resembles open-world RPGs which I've played quite a lot.

It's funny because I really don't like it when there are exploration-heavy/grindy/open-world elements in story driven RPGs but I don't mind it as much when it's a gacha game and the story isn't so much the point. Though Genshin does have some decent world building.

last edited at Feb 12, 2021 9:49AM

Dreamloop
Taiyaki discussion 11 Feb 18:07
Capture
joined Feb 8, 2019

Jesus Christ

This sounds like Taiyaki all right...

Dreamloop
Image Comments 09 Feb 09:45
Capture
joined Feb 8, 2019
86645303_p0

Insane amounts of hand-holding tag missing xD

Dreamloop
Genshin Impact! 04 Feb 08:53
Capture
joined Feb 8, 2019

This game is fun, but also a lot of WORK! I hit AR 36 and now I'm at the phase where I just have to wait for resin replenishment and grind bosses to ascend stuff.

Also been having this problem where I know I should save gems, but don't know whom to save them for. Keqing is cute, but I'm not a die-hard fan, and I'm not sure about Ayaka either. You'd think there'd be some sweet Inazuma reveals down the way, right...?

La Signora I would definitely want but she might be some time away still.

I will never ever nOT use Fischl xP hhahaha https://mangadex.org/title/61377/genshin-impact-lumine-fischl she's basically one of the reasons why I play this game.

This one was pretty sweet :)

last edited at Feb 4, 2021 8:55AM

Dreamloop
Taiyaki discussion 02 Feb 11:36
Capture
joined Feb 8, 2019

Taiyaki is an absolute treasure <3 I love her

Dreamloop
So tell me 02 Feb 10:36
Capture
joined Feb 8, 2019

I'm so glad there's a Wikipedia article devoted to the concept of holding hands. What a time to be alive

The only thing missing is reference to the lewdness of hand holding in the Yuri context.

I think the hand holding memes are fun now because the days when it was the most sexual thing in Yuri are mostly gone. Class S definitely had some masterpieces but thank f*** Yuri has moved on at least in some regards. I got into Yuri through Maria-sama ga Miteru way back in the day, and nowadays it would hardly even count as Yuri.

Be it as it may, I still kinda think that hand-holding is one of the most erotic things around - I guess it's just one of these things which have been imprinted into every Yuri fan's mind.

last edited at Feb 2, 2021 10:42AM

Dreamloop
Yuru Oyako discussion 01 Feb 09:34
Capture
joined Feb 8, 2019

Well, here's hoping that when the series is finished there will be a release containing the whole thing which is priced according to similiar size physical releases. Definitely will consider buying if we get there someday.

last edited at Feb 1, 2021 9:37AM

Dreamloop
Yuru Oyako discussion 01 Feb 08:12
Capture
joined Feb 8, 2019

So basically what one could do is to sign up sometime in the future and read all what's available at that point? So for example if the manga is finished in 2023 then signing up then for a month would enable one to read the whole series? And/or the series would be available for one-time purchase at that point?

I think it's wonderful that indie/niche artists like Taiyaki can get compensation through inventive ways like this, but for me it's just way too big a hassle to sign up for a million subscription-based services. It's funny how even a niche like Yuri has been scattered in so many different places.

Great for the artist and Goggled Anon, but obviously it's a slight inconvenience for me since I was just starting to get into Taiyaki. She's a real gem. A shame that Dynasty doesn't have some sort of built-in payment option thing, I'd gladly sign up/buy stuff if there was, lol. Working my way around a new service is too much of a pain.

last edited at Feb 1, 2021 8:13AM

Capture
joined Feb 8, 2019

Well, I've been reading stuff on Dynasty sporadically for almost 10 years and I just learned about this function a few weeks ago...

last edited at Jan 28, 2021 10:55AM

Dreamloop
Capture
joined Feb 8, 2019

Morinaga Milk will always have a special place in my heart since Tameiki & Sakurairo and Girl Friends were the first Yuri manga I ever read.

I have actually started to like this one as well even though the beginning didn't seem quite so promising. It's fun to see how Morinaga has "graduated" into adult life stories, and I think she captures the casual intimacy of being in a relationship really well. Being adults, Yuna and Rena are actually able to consistently communicate about their feelings and it really feels refreshing after some of the stuff I've read recently. The drama is a bit understated and there's no real conflict (at least not yet), but it's an enjoyable read.

Dreamloop
Image Comments 25 Jan 16:08
Capture
joined Feb 8, 2019
79586039_p0

I second froggrpoggr, please add "wishful thinking" tag

Also always Mei on top

last edited at Jan 25, 2021 4:08PM

Dreamloop
Image Comments 24 Jan 17:23
Capture
joined Feb 8, 2019
80513906_p1

Ugh, this picture makes me sad that Magireco stopped operations in English. I guess some are still playing in Japanese servers?

Dreamloop
Image Comments 24 Jan 17:22
Capture
joined Feb 8, 2019
Eanjqd2u8aecbnm-orig

Yamada Ako is the best

Dreamloop
Citrus + discussion 21 Jan 10:21
Capture
joined Feb 8, 2019

Is it just me or is there actually somebody else who thinks that all this Yuzu top stuff is just boring...? Now that I think of it, Citrus kinda started going downhill when Mei started to become this meek young lady who must be saved/otherwise pampered by Yuzu. Imagine that it was Mei who once said that they must face the world together and not think about the opinions of others. Never thought I'd say this but I'm starting to feel nostalgic even about the sexual harassment Mei...

Dreamloop
Citrus + discussion 20 Jan 08:46
Capture
joined Feb 8, 2019

I'm really surprised this chapter didn't end in sex.

I'm pretty sure this was sarcasm.

Anyway, who cares about sex - what's more important, shouldn't this chapter be censored for all that hand-holding lewdness? I'm pretty sure there are minors in here.

last edited at Jan 20, 2021 8:47AM

Dreamloop
Genshin Impact! 16 Jan 17:56
Capture
joined Feb 8, 2019

Well shit, knew I should have picked NA servers since all good stuff is happening there. I just happen to live in Europe so went with the intuitive choice.

Any favorite ships?

Dreamloop
Genshin Impact! 15 Jan 18:47
Capture
joined Feb 8, 2019

Started playing this game a few days ago and it's pretty sweet. Feel free to add me UID 713253919. Currently at Adventure level 19, what's the best way to accumulate resources and wishes? Tips appreciated as well as suggestions what to do.

Dreamloop
Capture
joined Feb 8, 2019

Still thirsty? There's more. Here's the bonus chapter "Late Spring".

I wonder whether it's possible to request a translation of this chapter? How would you do it?

With my very bad Japanese & a lot of help from dictionaries, I was able to figure out that basically glasses-san was pretty surprised when she met Meiko working in a store. Meiko had quit from school and started working in order not to rely too much on Reo and be a burden(?).

Later Glasses-san met Reo, who had heard of Glasses's meeting with Meiko, and Reo asked her to be Meiko's friend, which Glasses objected to. Reo said she and some co-workers had been worried about Meiko since she's not so good at interacting with people (no shit, lol). Finally Glasses-san said to Reo that the latter is overprotective of Meiko, who should be able to deal with stuff since she's an adult.

So basically they are living a pretty stable life together and there's nothing groundbreaking going on.

But would be pretty sweet to get a real translation...

Dreamloop
Citrus + discussion 10 Jan 10:21
Capture
joined Feb 8, 2019

Thinking about it, I don't really doubt that Saburouta did in fact have the ending itself planned out, but I still suspect the story fell victim to its own popularity and got stretched out again and again by adding new entirely unnecessary arcs that eventually turned it into the mess it ended up as.

This is obviously what happened - if the series had been less popular, the manga would have probably ended up being better since there would have been less space for unnecessary filler...

even though the resolution of the story is the Aihara family—highly conservative, deeply traditional, so Japanese-that-Western-readers-fail-to-understand-the-story—staging a big full-scale lesbian white wedding which is so far removed from anything in actual Japanese culture as to be beyond fantasy.

Maybe one day this will happen... Maybe in 100 years or 200 years...

Dreamloop
Capture
joined Feb 8, 2019

Reread this after a while. Nothing has changed: this is still perhaps the best Yuri manga out there along with Amano Shuninta's The Feelings We All Must Endure.

Toxic relationships + Yuri + Naoko Kodama = the best moe.

last edited at Jan 9, 2021 9:54PM

Dreamloop
Capture
joined Feb 8, 2019

"Fundamentally, I'm a big boobs person, but once every few years I like drawing tiny breasts"

I think at this point Naoko Kodama could just stop drawing altogether and just start earning a living by doing one-liner memes about her boob preferences ^_^

Her art is great but what really makes Naoko Kodama special is her sense of humor and writing skills. Her meme stuff and boob comments crack me up every time.

Capture
joined Feb 8, 2019

This (like basically every other oneshot by Kodama) needs to be a series. But this one REALLY needs to be a series.

last edited at Jan 8, 2021 7:39AM

Dreamloop
Capture
joined Feb 8, 2019

^Yeah, she really seems like a nice person and she obviously has a great sense of humor.

This was also pretty neat, although I must say that it might take a loooong time though before they legalize same-sex marriage in Japan...

Dreamloop
Citrus + discussion 08 Jan 05:00
Capture
joined Feb 8, 2019

circamoore

Yeah, I get what you are saying and it's an interesting thing to philosophize about. And you make a good point about Twilight and stuff which are perceived to "put the stereotypical male reader off". Personally I also feel that emotions do get more complicated as we get older, but also more subdued in a way - in that sense melodrama indeed does "fit" better with a younger audience.

Now I'm not an expert on shoujo by any means, but in the case of Citrus most of the complexity just feels like bad writing and unnecessary convoluting of the story by the author due to a lack of good ideas how to drive the story forward. Whereas I actually think there was a lot of depth in BiY, but not all of it was related to the main romantic plot, and it was in my opinion written a lot better and, yes, maybe also for an older audience since it was in a seinen magazine. (I don't think Yuri in shonen is actually a thing, except for fanservice purposes) But that's beside the point.

Anyway, there definitely are a lot of very "girly" elements in Citrus like checking out guys in the beginning, though that is pretty quickly dropped as the story progresses (and surprisingly none of the supporting cast ever express any interest in boys). I guess these are the things which I find hard to analyze spontaneously, because I've always identified strongly with fictional characters no matter their background - I mean, obviously I'd check out any hot male teachers out there if I was Yuzu, lol.

I haven't actually managed to read Hanjuku Joshi just yet, although it's been on my radar for many years already.