Forum › Posts by Cannibal

Cannibal
Anime season 12 Jan 05:50
Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

girls last tour manga ends.
rip chito and yuuri. it's inevitable but still so sad.
went to sleep forever.

What are you talking about? Nothing indicates that they died in their sleep.

Cannibal
Their Story discussion 11 Jan 21:08
Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

Again, it's funny that people expected drama, were pleasantly surprised to see the drama averted and all the sudden are predicting even more drama. It's almost like people just forgot how the story just went against their expectations and all the sudden think their expectations are once again infallible.

Cannibal
Their Story discussion 11 Jan 18:05
Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

Man, got to love seeing so many pissed off at a story development that has literally been there since the very beginning. It's just amazing the different reactions you see from the community. At the party when pinky showed up people were itching for drama, now that they kiss they all the sudden forgot about the whole thing.

I didn't see people wanting drama, I saw people annoyed that there was going to be drama coming since it was fuckin obvious. She has zero development before now, her existing before now doesn't make it less of a poor choice.

It's only a poor choice if you completely ignored her existence from the very beginning. To everyone else this has been an obvious development. The party scene solidified it, now people who all the sudden cant stand drama are creeping up to complain that the web comic is going to last a little longer than they thought.

Cannibal
Their Story discussion 11 Jan 11:15
Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

Man, got to love seeing so many pissed off at a story development that has literally been there since the very beginning. It's just amazing the different reactions you see from the community. At the party when pinky showed up people were itching for drama, now that they kiss they all the sudden forgot about the whole thing.

Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

The cousin is sexually abusing her, isn't he?

Why do people jump to this conclusion?

For the same reasons several people have already repeated?

If the cousin was a woman and your reaction would've been any different please reexamine yourself.

That's not how that works.

last edited at Jan 11, 2018 10:22AM

Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

This was just fucking dumb. Also, even hentai sites have the common decency to tag something as rape even if the girl "likes" it by the end of it.

last edited at Jul 9, 2019 12:55AM

Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

That was my first thought too. I've read too many stories like that to not feel horrible vibes from him.

Just shows up to "tutor" a teenage girl in an empty house, Madarame refuses to even look at him. Definitely abuse.

Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

Cannibal
Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

They were making a joke because "concrit" isn't a word, at least not an English one. Most likely a typo, so they were wondering what word you actually meant to type.

Cannibal
Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

Thing with Citrus is that it was aggressively marketed and the author pushed to get a anime made instead of waiting to get chosen. Its successs isn't so much based on the quality of its story but more because the people behind it.

If that's all it takes to get an anime then almost every manga would be fighting for a spot. We would have had a Girl Friends anime years ago.

The fact that Girl Friends doesn't have an anime is all the proof you need that quality is not a major consideration when they decide what to adapt. It's all about that marketability which is why 90% of anime is otaku wish fulfillment.

Yes, popular mangas have a much better chance of becoming anime than unpopular ones. That wasn't the point, the point is that a mangaka pushing for their work to get adapted is not going to do anything. If that's all it took then studios would have a huge backlog of future adaptions from mangaka that wouldn't concede.

Cannibal
Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

Thing with Citrus is that it was aggressively marketed and the author pushed to get a anime made instead of waiting to get chosen. Its successs isn't so much based on the quality of its story but more because the people behind it.

If that's all it takes to get an anime then almost every manga would be fighting for a spot. We would have had a Girl Friends anime years ago.

Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

are u saying u dated a gym teacher before? kinda out of nowhere if u asked me

Think she is talking about how much she hated gym when she was a student.

Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

One of Jins lesser works. So disjointed, could have cut out half the chapters to make the story more concise, time skip was such a cop out, and them finally getting together was anti climatic.

Are you just bitter and critical on absolutely everything?
It's literally all I've seen you post is pointless negativity.
Go do something productive with your life, damn.

The story was perfectly fine, the time skip served its purpose and is a bizarre thing to take issue with when you complain about the story not being "concise" enough, and getting together was plenty climactic because it was cute as fuck.

Do you have something better to do with your life than stalking me and taking issue with my personal opinion? Sorry I don't like what you like, but you need to learn to get over that. You are going to have to deal with a lot of people with opposing opinions in life, better start building that tolerance asap. Also, got to love how you are calling me out when several others have voiced similar opinions.

The time skip served no purpose but to not have to show any actual progress between them between dumping the boyfriend and getting a girlfriend. It would have been great to see the reaction of a girl finally dumping her boyfriend for her instead of the reverse. And it makes the story a lot less concise by skipping on years of "romance", we have to come up with our own story to fill the gap, so it makes sense to complain about both. And cute? Treats her like every single one night stand she has ever had and that's cute? Lol. This is just a bad story with a shitty character who gets the girl despite acting like a huge bitch the whole time. Even Jin undetstands how absurd this story is, at least she is self aware. People acting like this is somehow good are fine to their opinion, just like how I am to mine.

Whatever, not going to reply anymore. Just hoping Nez doesn't like this series, too. Being threatened to be banned over having an opinion once is enough.

last edited at Dec 24, 2017 7:51PM

Cannibal
Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

There is no reason to let it die if people keep replying to me.

How's this for a reason? You'll get banned if you keep it up.

You're not some helpless waif, it's totally under your control whether or not to reply to someone. Not posting a few thousand word reply isn't painful, trust me. So don't put the responsibility for your actions on someone else. Go write a blog about the many faults of Yuzumori-san and link it here if you like, but lay off with the clutter.

Ban for what? What rule am I breaking? I love how you threaten to ban me for simply posting my opinion, but the people who are literally breaking forum rule #1 are getting away with it. I am taking full responsibility for my actions, that's why I try my best not to break any of your rules, but I guess I have to take responsibility for everyone who replies to me as well. And what's even funnier is that you are doing nothing but adding to the problem by making another off topic post and adding to the "clutter". I just wanted to give my opinion and have a discussion, it seems that just because this series isn't universally hated yet that giving a negative opinion is off limits for now. Maybe want to update the forum rules. If I voiced my disappointment in a widely disliked series, like Citrus or Vivid, I bet I wouldn't have been threatened with a ban.

Cannibal
Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

Dude, I agree with you in most of the points, but man are you annoying. Just don't be so fucking full of yourself. You're not convincing anyone. You're just repeating yourself and trying to sound so mighty. Let it die already, people like what they like

Oh, the irony. You know what I've said is getting to people when they abandon the argument and start throwing pathetic insults like you. I haven't even been attacking people or going after people who just like the manga, but unfortunately I haven't been given the same courtesy.

And I'm full of myself for arguing my opinion? Bet you don't say that for when people leave negative reviews on other websites.

There is no reason to let it die if people keep replying to me. Seriously, I would not be making this post if you had not replied directly to me. You don't like what I'm saying then grow up and ignore my posts. As long as this series keeps releasing I'm going to keep giving my opinion on how something great went to being so terrible. Fans did it with Berserk 2017, people here are doing it with Nanoha Vivid and I'm doing it with Yuzumori.

last edited at Dec 24, 2017 1:57PM

Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

One of Jins lesser works. So disjointed, could have cut out half the chapters to make the story more concise, time skip was such a cop out, and them finally getting together was anti climatic.

Cannibal
Anime season 24 Dec 05:05
Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

Two Car was a complete shit show. Not even 'meh' by CGDCT standards.

Oh yeah, how did that turn out? Any yuri?

Worse, went full het with middle aged teacher. Disgusting.

Cannibal
Anime season 24 Dec 01:19
Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

Konohana Kitan was a true gift, hopefully this means that the manga will get picked up for scanlation.

Two Car was a complete shit show. Not even 'meh' by CGDCT standards.

Yuuki Yuuna still has an episode left, and the suffering doesn't seem to be slowing down.

Cannibal
Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

It's also possible they don't see them as faults. It's also possible to like something despite its faults.

It can be interesting to see what is wrong in something in order to improve it, or to recognise faults if you want to create something and uses it as referential. But as a reader, why shouldn't we be allowed to simply enjoy a story without having to pick every details out?

Some people just have better tolerance than you have is all. I think you have made your point quite clearly several pages ago.

If any of that was remotely true then the post would have said that instead of attacking me over the fact that I criticized the manga. You have the right to enjoy the manga, but I also have the right to voice my disappointments with it. It's not like I'm replying to everyone who said that they like it, I voiced my opinion after a release and now just replying to the people replying to me. Don't get why so many have a problem with that.

last edited at Dec 24, 2017 1:21AM

Cannibal
Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

Man, we're so lucky this Cannibal person here is such an insightful individual for showing us exactly how terrible it is the thing we enjoy so much. Truly we're not in their level if we cannot grasp the dept of the shithole that absolutely no one else sees. Thank you oh wonderful cannibal, for your rant has truly been inspiring

I guess that if you can't defend it then might as well be sarcastic about it. That way you can try your best to sound clever while also not having to try to actually defend the faults in something that you like.

last edited at Dec 23, 2017 10:11PM

Cannibal
Their Story discussion 23 Dec 11:01
Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

I got leaks of the upcoming chapters they will fight for SJ in a basketball match... Could be futbol too! and there won't be a limit of points, the winner will be decided only when one of them admit defeat, SJ won't be able to refuse because she also believes in the heart of the ball

I was all FOR drama, but not like this... this is just... stupid... this is literally a slap to both those who wanted the main couple be all lovey-dovey and those who wanted drama and conflict. Retarded writing was the one thing I did not expect from this series.

You know they are joking, right?

Cannibal
Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

Okay, enough is too much. All participants in this "bad writing" clusterfuck can just walk away now. You're cluttering up the discussion way too much, and it's at the point where people are complaining about how tedious this back-and-forth ad nauseum stuff is getting. I would tend to agree, this is just plain over the top.

Cluttering up the discussion? There is literally only one comment that was posted since the raw and translation for the newest chapter was posted that isn't replying to my post. I'm not spamming, so what's the big deal? If my opinion is unwanted then people wouldn't keep replying every time. Simply ignoring a forum post isn't a hard thing to do. If people don't like the discussion/argument then they don't have to read it. It's like someone asking you guys to stop posting a series they don't like because seeing the title pop up every update annoys them. Unless I am breaking forum rules I don't see why you want to the discussion to end.

Criticism is fine, but critcised a same thing over and over again, every damn time when a new chapter was released is not fine

How the hell is it criticizing the same thing over and over again when I'm criticizing the new chapter that just got released? The argument/discussion will end when people stop replying, the series ends or the forum mods start censoring posts.

P/S: This is not discussing, it's an endless arguing that no one want to stop

dis·cuss: talk about (something) with another person or group of people.

And if no one wants to stop then why should we?

According to your words, you'd consider "good writing" Ejima Eri drawing down a couple of pages with a flashback or some considerations from Yuzumori on her relationship with a certain Ririha. But, by revealing Yuzumori's past with her friends as an introduction to this arc, the author would've been "telling" us all the information we needed at one time. Instead, we've been given everything to draw "hypothetical, but not far from the truth" conclusions chapter after chapter.

How the hell is that telling? That would be showing, it would be showing us with pictures, expressions and past interactions, what we have now is the past being told to us through speech bubbles right after the conflict is over.

We have not been given a damn thing to draw from. Every conclusion came from people knowing the tropes and applying them, because this story doesn't break away from it. The moment Ririha threatened Yuzumori in the bathroom many people were already correctly predicting what was coming, because its the same old trope over and over again, nothing new or interesting.

This is important because it's the first hint of Ririha's existence. No name, no backstory, just a vague image of Yuzumori having friends that she doesn't consider fun

That is the biggest stretch I have seen yet. There isn't even a mention of a specific friend, only that there are indeed other children that attend Yuzumori's school.

Quoting Yuzumori, "I don't think it's worth getting too worked up over it while knowing nothing of it".

And yet absolutely nothing on what Yuzumori thinks of Ririha. Nothing specifically about her personality or their past relationship.

Whilst at first she didn't think of herself as the reason why Yuzumori's no friends, she does now that one of Yuzumori's friends tells her that they've been trying to reach out to her, but Yuzumori says she has something to do after school. When Mimika asks Yuzumori that, what she gets back proves her that Yuzumori's indeed putting their time together above everything else, even a second chance to friendship.

That makes absolutely no sense. Mimika says "she might find it hard getting along with other kids her age..." Mimika already thinks that Yuzumori doesn't have any close friends, she finds this out very early after befriending her. So why does she all the sudden forget? Why does Mimika think that as soon as they met that Yuzumori put her above everything else? Is Mimika really that narcissistic?

I don't think Ririha's speech moved anybody. At this point, she's exposed too much of herself (defending Yuzumori from bully-Shiori after threatening her) that the only way to save her pride is confessing that she is the mastermind behind their separation. The only thing that was missing having come so far was an answer to all the "why's" instilled in us drop by drop since the day Ririha glared at Yuzumori.

I don't even know... again, that's just such a huge stretch... To save her pride after kicking the shit out of a highschooler is to reveal that she ruined Yuzumori's relationship and ruin her own plans? what?

Since we know the true Ririha and she threatened Yuzumori, we were led to believe that that was the personality by which Yuzumori knew her too. Ejima did a really good job in giving us the impression that Ririha was a natural born bitch, taking us exactly where she wanted, where we'd assume that Yuzumori knew her by her "true" personality too, and thus not really the kind of company she'd like to be around.

And nothing has changed since then, Ririha is still just a natural born bitch. That was never hidden from anybody and there is no real personality to be revealed. We have known the real one and never seen Yuzumori interacting with the fake one. That's why all this dialogue about getting the know the real Ririha makes no sense and has little impact.

Ririha's dangerous, Yuzumori knows it, then, why is she not concerned with her? We needed an explanation that made sense with everything else, with Ririha's blushes and Yuzumori's easiness around her even after the threat. I believe we got our answer.

No we didn't since Ririha accomplished her goal. She was dangerous, she was a threat, and Yuzumori was 100% wrong not to be concerned about her.

When I say that it's too early to call it bad writing since this is an on-going story, I do that because each chapter brings up new knowledge that allows you to give a meaning to parts that you didn't find relevant before, that didn't make sense if taken out of the bigger picture, but those are all parts that Ejima's placed there with a precise intention.

That's exactly why it's bad writing, the new knowledge is just told to us. It's not shown and the reveal happens after the conflict. It's like watching a Tarantino movie but never actually seeing the events that lead up to the end, just a paragraph after the opening explaining the character's motivations. Besides, this isn't a mystery manga, we are not following a pair of detectives trying to figure out Ririha's crime and her motivations. And also, there is nothing precise or intentional here. There is absolutely no foreshadowing for this conflict, there is a ton of foreshadowing about Yuzumori's family problems but I suppose that's going to be saved for the ending. But right now this is just padding in order to sell more volumes.

Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

So which is it? Is Yamanaka being rude to blondie or is she not?

There is "impure" and then there are cheating bitches like Yamanaka. This isn't about purity, don't try to pull out that strawman, this is about a woman who everyone who gets close to her knows how trashy she is. And you pulling out unsubstantial excuses like "she's a burned lesbian" or "she only cheated once" isn't helping. She isn't a burned lesbian, she is the one burning people. She doesn't care about relationships, she willingly cheats and, from the comments from the other person, this isn't her first time doing so. She has no redeeming qualities at all that make you want to root for her.

last edited at Dec 21, 2017 12:31PM

Cannibal
Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

I've reread the series several times, I really liked it up until Ririha was introduced, and I'm sticking to my guns. This is shit tier writing, no build up, moronic characters, and filled to the brim with pointless exposition instead of characters actually doing anything substantial. It's painfully obvious how shoehorned this current arc is, there was no mention or slightest hint of Ririha up until she was introduced. Ejima didn't plan this out from the beginning, it's essentially filler.

Alright, alright. You are ABSOLUTELY right, this is shit writing.
But I (and a lot of peoples here, i suppose) will keep reading this shitty writing, so can you stop complaining now, please?

Yeah, because only reading nothing but praises is so much more interesting, right? Can't have any actual criticisms, might cause you to look at the series in a different way.

This discussion is looking like a ping pong match where neither side lets the ball pass.

Soooo, the most exciting kind?

Cannibal
Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

Those "triggers" you say are not there go as far as chapter 7 goes. Yuzumori's "forgiveness" (if you want to call it this way) is completely understandable if you consider how she regarded Ririha in the past. Ririha's "telling" couldn't possibly be shown since the story here is set at a present time and any representation of it would split the narrative level.

Except in chapter 7 has nothing to do with any of it. Just Yuzumori saying she finds other kids boring. That doesn't come close to explaining why she would forgive Ririha so easily. And no, it wouldn't split anything. At any point the author could have shown Yuzumori remembering her past friends while alone in her home. Hell, after Ririha threatened her we should have at least gotten Yuzumori's thoughts on Ririha. But it doesn't, because it wasn't planned from the beginning. It's shoehorned in to pad the story with pointless drama.

And thanks for getting me to reread chapter 7, drives home my point further. Why does Mimika believe Yuzumori stop hanging out with her really good friends over her when she knows that Yuzumori doesn't like hanging out with other kids to begin with?

And "Show, don't tell" is just a rule. Whilst rules must be known, they need to be declined to each case, and this case doesn't require a showing of Yuzumori and Ririha's past together.

Yes it does, without it this whole arc falls apart. Ririha's and Yuzumori's actions look insane without knowing their past history. The line about knowing the true Ririha comes out of absolutely no where and acts like we are supposed to be moved. It especially makes no sense since Ririha has not been hiding a damn thing, she's pretty open to her close friends about how much of a bitch she is.

A deeper, retroactive reading will help you see why Ejima Eri makes the choices she makes. I do that (double questioning my opinions) when I think something is wrong - because I feel like my expectations were betrayed, because I didn't see something coming - so that I won't end up accusing the author of "bad writing" just because I'm the one at fault of "bad reading".

I've reread the series several times, I really liked it up until Ririha was introduced, and I'm sticking to my guns. This is shit tier writing, no build up, moronic characters, and filled to the brim with pointless exposition instead of characters actually doing anything substantial. It's painfully obvious how shoehorned this current arc is, there was no mention or slightest hint of Ririha up until she was introduced. Ejima didn't plan this out from the beginning, it's essentially filler.

last edited at Dec 20, 2017 12:34PM