Forum › Posts by Yuri-chin

Yuri-chin
Citrus + discussion 19 Oct 21:10
Ke%20(5)
joined Feb 10, 2016

just admit it ure all here hoping for sexy time with the art style

Somewhat. Im just waiting for Mei to act like a normal human being. It's like she jumped from being a sexual predator to being a robot devoid of emotions which she only shows occasionally

last edited at Oct 19, 2019 9:13PM

Yuri-chin
Citrus + discussion 19 Oct 21:00
Ke%20(5)
joined Feb 10, 2016

I still think Yuzu deserves a better gf than Mei.....
I already don't like Sayaka (cause she's a mini-Mei)
Why do these girls (Yuzu and Miyubi) feel attracted to cold characters? It's just boring

Ke%20(5)
joined Feb 10, 2016

I hope I'm not the only one who finds Saeko to be a female version of Edward Elric

Yuri-chin
Ke%20(5)
joined Feb 10, 2016

Ooh I remember there being a certain sneak peek towards a sequel of Rebellion? And that Sayaka did appear to be bound and wearing a mask. Though I highly doubt there's gonna be any more of Madoka after 6 years of nothing
This was pretty cool though

Yuri-chin
Citrus discussion 16 Oct 22:01
Ke%20(5)
joined Feb 10, 2016

ive reread this over 20 times in the last few months i need help

I know how you feel

Ke%20(5)
joined Feb 10, 2016

This was very heartwarming

Ke%20(5)
joined Feb 10, 2016

First time I'm relating to a male character and in a yuri manga no less

Yuri-chin
Still Sick discussion 08 Oct 18:39
Ke%20(5)
joined Feb 10, 2016

Huh, on re-reading I realized why Maekawa kissed her the first time, she was just going off of Shimizu’s “cliche smutty yuri” bit and didn’t realize how serious she would take it, it’s drawn so intensely I missed that the first time.

And I bet she (Maekawa) really liked it

Ke%20(5)
joined Feb 10, 2016

I appreciate the translation

if only the ending had had them end up together

last edited at Oct 8, 2019 6:30PM

Yuri-chin
Ke%20(5)
joined Feb 10, 2016

Randomly stumbled upon this one again. It's so good

Yuri-chin
Ke%20(5)
joined Feb 10, 2016

This was unexpected but it was good

Yuri-chin
Ke%20(5)
joined Feb 10, 2016

Finally caught up on this one

I had read the first 4 chapters in the beginning but did not like Fujishiro and her obsession with looking pretty

But I like how progressively she is maturing, and also, being so passionately overprotective of Kurokawa

Izumi is scary and very very dangerous but it's looking (as of ch16) as if she's given up on her manipulation plan. I want her to be paired up with Iroha =w=

Aw man. It's obvious that Fujishiro is in lesbians with Kurokawa but it is not as obvious the other way around. Though that's partially because lately the POV has only been on our dear Fujishiro. Kurokawa is a fujoshi aaah!! Not saying that's a bad thing. It's just interesting that she's never mentioned being into yuri (like Iroha). If she hasn't, she'll soon realize the beauty of world of yuri. I mean she was already kind of shipping Izumi x Fujishiro lol

Ch16: wonder whether Kurokawa did the "taking off glasses. Get close to your crush's face" thing on purpose but knowing her she probably didn't think of it much. Aaah I wonder if they'll get together during this school trip. Story tropes seem to suggest that yes they will. But I'm hoping it'll last a bit longer than that because I really dont want this story to end this soon man.

I'm really enjoying it.

Ke%20(5)
joined Feb 10, 2016

I know the novel of this is slow as heck (like them getting together by the 10th volume)

Yuri-chin
Ke%20(5)
joined Feb 10, 2016

Aah I always love me some NozoEli

Ke%20(5)
joined Feb 10, 2016

Apparently the mangaka has come out and said that there is no gay.

Which breaks my heart, because that takes this series from "two introverted loners find love and discover themselves" to "two autistic fuckheads struggle with basic human communication."

This level of pining and drama and anxiety just doesn't make sense to me without a romantic element. I couldn't get enough of this series when the first vol was being released, but now I'm pretty close to dropping it...

The author has not said there's no gay, she said she doesn't consider it yuri.

But 'yuri' doesn't have to mean 'gay stuff, it's frequently used more to refer to just the romance genre of fluffy cute girls crushing on each other stuff. It can still be hella gay but not be yuri.

I feel like some of you need a course in linguistics. If you pay careful attention to what the author says, it makes perfect sense that she's using the concept of rejection of categorization in languages in order to describe a concept which can include anything ranging from an event to an identity and so on. Yuri in Japanese is an umbrella term that has come to be applied to anything that involved girl-on-girl action, so in a certain sense it's a term that's constantly being thrown around even if a certain work isnt even about yuri. It has lost its meaning. And it makes perfect sense for the author to reject the trend of putting labels on absolutely everything and instead chooses to be revolutionary and allowing herself and her readers to give it their own interpretation.

It does not mean they will not end up romantically together. It simply means that the author is rejecting.labels. at no point in that post does the author say that there is and will never be any romance between the two main girls.

last edited at Sep 30, 2019 7:10AM

Yuri-chin
Ke%20(5)
joined Feb 10, 2016

Why does this manga remind me of the yuri works from the early 2000s (say Morinaga Milk kinda)

Ke%20(5)
joined Feb 10, 2016

So, are they gonna gay or are they not gonna gay?

The angst is too real to me too. :'(

I think it's gonna be left off open-ended I guess. But the subtext is indeed strong. Guess you could call this one of those romantic friendships among adolescent girls that end the moment they graduate and then end up marrying men.

Ke%20(5)
joined Feb 10, 2016

This story somehow manages to unhinge me. It must be because it hits me over and over again in my weakest spots with how relatable it is. I'm the type of person to get overly attached and overly dependent on another person. And then when the other person has a life of their own, I grow anxious. Meh it's such drama

Yuri-chin
Ke%20(5)
joined Feb 10, 2016

This should get an anime ;3;

Ke%20(5)
joined Feb 10, 2016

Oh I sure love a manga about a confused straight girl who doesn't know she's actually gay

Yuri-chin
AP discussion 17 Sep 18:55
Ke%20(5)
joined Feb 10, 2016

Next time she should peek on her showering onee-chan

Ke%20(5)
joined Feb 10, 2016

Loving the aesthetic

Yuri-chin
Still Sick discussion 12 Sep 20:23
Ke%20(5)
joined Feb 10, 2016

At first I was shocked when Maekawa uttered the name Makoto cause usually that's a male name. But then I remembered that's Shimizu's first name... big sigh of relief

Ke%20(5)
joined Feb 10, 2016

Nice start. Also an extra panel is missing.
(https://i.imgur.com/G40OdKn.jpg)

Those are all of us

last edited at Sep 12, 2019 11:31PM by Nezchan

Ke%20(5)
joined Feb 10, 2016

Reminds me a little of Still Sick

Never thought I'd like a manga about 2 fujoshis falling in love. It's.... perfect

I also love all the detail put into everything

And of course how relatable the characters are