Forum › Posts by transbikes

transbikes
Always Human 06 Jun 04:29
Optimized-tonari_no_robot
joined Aug 24, 2015

For any and all interested, there is a really nice webcomic called Always Human "... about nanobots, genetic engineering, and two girls falling in love. No matter how technology changes us, we'll always be human."

It has a super diverse cast (Spanish-speaking lead, multiple non-binary trans characters, multiple sexualities, etc.) and the art is beautiful! Its really sweet and has fairly realistic writing/dialogue. Go check it out!

joined Aug 24, 2015

people forcing onto others is sooo tacky. Especially in yuri mangas when it's a guy just trying to prove their masculinity. It's kind of like the "I'm going to kiss/f**k the gayness out of you"

Tacky or not, a lot of men do think this way. And it would be right in line with Haruto's character in my opinion. Masculinity is legitimately terrifying.

Sure, he acted bad because he is heartbroken, but he was trying to found out if she had feelings for him, not to "cast out the gayness" of her or to prove he is an alpha male. The scene wasn't that different than when Asami kissed Minato while she was drunk.

Asami's situation is actually very different. Still not the best, no, but if she hadn't kissed Minato, she would have never even realized dating her was a possibility. Minato already knows Haruto's feelings and has already rejected him. It was more of a last ditch effort to see if by pushing his feelings onto her could sway her in any way. It didn't work and he was together enough to notice and not take it any further which was good. But what worries me is his reaction afterwards. "That Minato, she's no good." He has constantly been in a position of power/influence over Minato and I'm afraid having that taken away is going to trigger him to enter "savior" mode because he thinks that he knows what is best for her.

joined Aug 24, 2015

people forcing onto others is sooo tacky. Especially in yuri mangas when it's a guy just trying to prove their masculinity. It's kind of like the "I'm going to kiss/f**k the gayness out of you"

Tacky or not, a lot of men do think this way. And it would be right in line with Haruto's character in my opinion. Masculinity is legitimately terrifying.

transbikes
joined Aug 24, 2015

yIKES

transbikes
joined Aug 24, 2015

This was just picked up again by a new translation group! Chapter seven is out at Megchan's Scanlations :)

transbikes
joined Aug 24, 2015

I'm glad there was at least some reservations about just going to a hotel with someone 12 years your senior. It was good that Hanaoka offered to contact her parents though! Makes it a lot less dubious.

This little story has been great so far though, can't wait to see it finished :)

last edited at Jun 4, 2016 12:11AM

transbikes
Comic Girls discussion 03 Jun 14:47
joined Aug 24, 2015

Kaosu and Ruki each drawing Tsubasa in their respective styles killed me. "Those are different characters!!" I was laughing to myself for a good few minutes after reading that

last edited at Jun 3, 2016 2:49PM

transbikes
joined Aug 24, 2015

As someone born ginger, I can totally identify with the no eyebrows thing. Mine grow so blonde they're pretry much transparent.

Lmao me too ?? I had the same reaction when reading this. I have to fill them in with brow liner if I actually want to have eyebrows... Same for eyelashes, but mascara never comes light enough so it always looks somewhat unnatural :/

transbikes
joined Aug 24, 2015

I'm guessing the waitress was a past fling / someone she fools around with occasionally ? Idk, the story had some nice points certainly, but it was very poorly constructed.

transbikes
joined Aug 24, 2015

The idea that confessing your feelings is ALWAYS the best thing to do is just naive sometimes all it does is hurt people.

A good reminder.

transbikes
joined Aug 24, 2015

Heyyyoo confirmed lesbian Sayaka. Its always nice to see a yuri definitively oppose the Class S archetype ~

transbikes
Watch Me discussion 02 Jun 19:14
joined Aug 24, 2015

I should really get into touhou project, it seems to have so much poly potential

transbikes
Image Comments 01 Jun 00:07
joined Aug 24, 2015
46418035_p0

weiss your arm... that can't be comfortable

transbikes
Water Depth discussion 31 May 14:04
joined Aug 24, 2015

A little disjointed but gosh is the art beautiful.

transbikes
joined Aug 24, 2015

So did someone spike her drink or something? There was a lot of focus on it tasting weird/bad and her not feeling great.

Would be interesting if the other girl did, for whatever reason, though.

Yeah, I thought the same but now that she's home and nobody from the party around, what could be the reason for anyone to do that ? Maybe Jin had some bad liquor and just wanted to complain x)

Or maybe she just caught a cold and next chapter will be about someone nursing her...

Also it was probably used as a device for her to ask her to treat her to some good liquor next time. If she hadn't that extra reason for asking her out to drinks it would have felt a little out of place with her character to me.

transbikes
joined Aug 24, 2015

I'm 90% certain the OP was simply trolling but ya'll took it seriously and I have no words...

well, actually i do have a few:

• lack of consent
  • unequal power dynamics
  • sexual manipulation
  • romanticizing criminal behavior
transbikes
joined Aug 24, 2015

On the one hand, the author makes it clear that even though they established an equal-footings relationship not everything will be fine and perfect, but on the other.... the relationship is most likely still abusive and meiko really didn't do enough work to make me believe this relationship will be able to function healthily. So???

I'd quickly like to forget this one.

last edited at May 19, 2016 3:53PM

transbikes
My Beloved discussion 18 May 19:41
joined Aug 24, 2015

Super late to the game on this chapter but gosh what a good read. Self-referential work by Takemiya.. what a blessing. Those last few lines were so endearing.

transbikes
Desk War discussion 13 May 01:19
joined Aug 24, 2015

The obvious answer is that all of our theories are correct at the same time. Schroedinger's stationary at work.

simultaneously pregnant and not pregnant... until if ever dowman lifts the lid

transbikes
Lily Love discussion 08 May 15:53
joined Aug 24, 2015

The Ice development is so trite, predictable. But if Donut is able to handle it well it has potential for decent character growth, which I'm sure is the author's intent. At least I hope so, it could also just be meaningless drama. For a series that has magnificently displayed its habit of going for the low hanging fruit, I'd say it's a 50/50.

joined Aug 24, 2015

Is it normal in Japan to wear short skirts even when its snowing?

japanese snow isn't as cold as european or north american snow. different climate, you see. melting point is higher too.

Funny. But honestly though, do the students not have pants or something to change into after school lets out? Or do they just suffer all winter long.. I want to believe this trope is just manga artists being lazy/too dependent on that zettai ryouiki to sell their material.

transbikes
Lily Love discussion 02 May 15:13
joined Aug 24, 2015

Aw what a great mom, breaking apart that gender/hegemonic binary for her daughter :')

transbikes
joined Aug 24, 2015

< quietly subscribes in the hopes of a poly endgame >

transbikes
joined Aug 24, 2015

I love this series more and more with every chapter that comes out. AHHHHHHHHHHHH. I can't wait for more c:

transbikes
Love Magnet discussion 25 Apr 17:08
joined Aug 24, 2015

Never read any of this author's work, but it looks rather promising. As for the story itself, besides those noses, it's one of those 12 pages more-profound-than-your-average-release that appear in here: a one-shot, sometimes hit-or-miss.

I am slightly confused about page 8. Is that an empty wallet in the down left corner? Was the blonde after Yui just to get her money? Looks like so, but it seemed to me like they knew each other for a bit.
On a side note, this one-shot has effectively killed my no-smoking streak. But looking at those well drawn cigs made it worth it.

I'm more or less sure that's just the inside of her purse that she's tossing her phone back into.