Forum › Posts by moguTL

moguTL
joined May 23, 2015

Fuyumi just generally doesn't like anyone aside from Akiho, though. And Akiho is her only friend. The possessiveness could just as easily stem from those facts. Meanwhile, Akiho seemed more interested in kissing them because she thought they were cute than out of curiosity about swapping.

I consider how they themselves would define it to be important, because I think intent is pretty important. And I cannot help but feel like they'd define themselves as being friends. You're free to have a differing interpretation on either point, though. The kind of relationship they have just seems like something that would appear in one of those romance series where the characters are essentially all but already dating the entire time, but never actually manage to take the step forward and become an actual couple..

Either way, though, it's kind of tough to argue that their relationship dynamic is really anything normal, so having a couple that is just plainly dating is still something new.

moguTL
joined May 23, 2015

They also kind of have warped senses, and have only ever said they do it because they enjoy it, so there doesn't seem to be any emotional element to it. Which is why I find it tough to define them as dating.

Hell, Akiho keeps wanting to kiss other girls.

moguTL
joined May 23, 2015

Oh...a confirmed yuri couple.

On another related topic. Sex between these swapping couple must be confused as heck. Unless kissing is forbidden during sex

What do you mean by "Oh...a confirmed yuri couple."? Its not new

Fuyumi and Akiho don't seem to actually view themselves as being in a regular dating relationship, so Natsuko and Haruko don't appear to quite recognize them as being lovers, either. Especially given how flustered Natsuko always seems to get at the prospect of anyone dating.

One of the pair from the previous chapter have claimed to be dating, but Natsuko was still uncertain at the end because the actions of the other one weren't really clear.

So this kind of is the first time a couple has come out and confirmed they're actually dating. And who act more in line with what is generally associated with a dating couple.

(On an unrelated note, I could totally see Akiho watching another romance movie, this time one with a sex scene, and just like with the kissing, getting curious, and again just like with the kissing, Fuyumi going "alright, let's do it." And them still seeing themselves as really close friends that just happen to enjoy having sex with each other. There's an idea for a doujin.)

moguTL
joined May 23, 2015

Well, that "still not dating" line is meant as in "even now, we aren't"; not as "we aren't, yet".

But there's plenty of other signs that they're starting to move forward, so that fact shouldn't really dampen anything.

moguTL
Alter Suite discussion 06 May 08:53
joined May 23, 2015

But he only appears in his Archer form, not his protagonist form, and those two aren't exactly the same character.

moguTL
joined May 23, 2015

New Game s1 only adapted two volumes. Even s2, which had no filler material, only adapted three volumes. Going back a further, Kiniro Mosaic's volume 3 didn't even come out until after the is first season had ended. A-channel's volume 2 came out like a month before its anime started.

I can't actually think of any instances where a 4koma anime adaptation used more than three full volumes of material. And even then, given standard production time, if a Swap anime had been announced in place of Anima Yell, Swap would be most the way through the fourth volume by the time anything started airing. Comic Girls' anime was announced a month after its volume 3 came out (coincidentally, the same timing as Blend S's announcement). So the claim that Swap doesn't have enough material yet is just outright incorrect.

moguTL
joined May 23, 2015

I just find it boring.

And the cheerleading series only has two volumes out, itself; less than Swap. 2-3 volumes of material is actually pretty standard as far as anime series based on 4koma go.

(Also add in the 6-9 months there usually are between the initial announcement of an anime and that anime actually starting, so it is likely to actually be nearly next year before the anima yell anime airs.)

last edited at May 3, 2018 1:27PM

joined May 23, 2015

この件、絶対秘密でお願いします ("Kono ken, zettai himitsu de onegai shimasu")

It's about a girl trying to hide the fact that she has monster strength, because people will be afraid of her and she won't be able to make friends. And a guy with a crush on her who finds out about that secret.

moguTL
joined May 23, 2015

Anime when?

They decided to animate a stupid cheerleader series that runs in the same magazine instead, because they hate money. (It'll actually probably end up making them a lot of money because it's cute girls doing cheerleading; I just dislike the series.)

joined May 23, 2015

There's a somewhat similar one I know of that started somewhat recently, but it's also got a bit of romantic undertones (het). It doesn't seem incredibly popular, itself, so it might not go on for a very long time, either. I also can't find any translations for it, so it's a bit of a moot point.

moguTL
joined May 23, 2015

Also a legitimate couple that actually acknowledges and views their relationship as a normal dating relationship.

moguTL
joined May 23, 2015

The fact that she already has her own swapping partner is why I found the teacher-student discussion a bit absurd, but I couldn't really say anything until it was confirmed.

Although nobody pointed out how her name fit the swapper theme: the number "twelve" in her family name, and "Summer" in her given name.

moguTL
joined May 23, 2015

Also consider she goes on to say that it was mainly because the first day of school has no classes and is really short.

And when there are classes, she's busy with actual studying. And can go visit the others anytime.

So yeah, that argument is reading into a certain select few lines way too deeply and completely ignoring... well, a whole lot of other lines.

last edited at Apr 29, 2018 12:27PM

moguTL
joined May 23, 2015

Look, sometimes it can take a day or so for new releases to get posted here, while I'm sitting around waiting to see the discussion.

moguTL
joined May 23, 2015

But...

Wait, that chapter hasn't been posted here yet.

moguTL
joined May 23, 2015

You can tell how panicked Haruko actually is because it may be the very first time she has clung to Natsuko like that without also casually grabbing her breasts.

moguTL
joined May 23, 2015

Playing around a bit at an all girl school while you're in high school, then after graduating never even having the slightest interest in anyone that isn't the opposite sex ever again definitively makes someone definitively not straight?

Does this situation take place in a world where sexuality is just a choice? Maybe the gay conversion camps were right all along.

The word "decide" has multiple definitions, you know. In this case, it was being used to mean "to come to the conclusion". If, for example, I say "I've decided that I don't like this series," it's not me making a decision to do so. It's me coming to a conclusion about it.

moguTL
joined May 23, 2015

Playing around a bit at an all girl school while you're in high school, then after graduating never even having the slightest interest in anyone that isn't the opposite sex ever again definitively makes someone definitively not straight?

Does that mean that in the reverse case, if a girl dates a few guys before deciding she's a lesbian, she's definitively not gay?

joined May 23, 2015

A lot of people really enjoy it. The fact that it's presented as being more fun instead of serious and dark seems to make it more accessible to a lot of people. And easier for some people with similar experiences to be able to identify with without it just making them feel bad. I certainly don't find much cringe in it at all, personally.

Especially not compared to something that wallows in its cringe, like watamote.

It might be failing to do it to your taste, but it's succeeding at it pretty well in general. The comics are selling well enough and have already had additional printings.

joined May 23, 2015

There is a reason treatments are often marketed as being for both depression and social anxiety. They have a pretty strong connection.

joined May 23, 2015

The series with a currently-airing anime is also one that consistently appears in the back, so I'm not sure how much I trust series ordering in Cune as a pure metric of popularity. Unless you want to argue that they purposely chose to animate a low-popularity series.

Also, given that my original statement was pretty explicitly about how the series isn't going to be cancelled anytime soon, I'm more confused by you interpreting the comment about its sales as being compared to every single other manga in existence, instead of compared to other series in the magazine it actually runs in. As in, the only comparison that would actually be relevant to whether it keeps running.

joined May 23, 2015

It's easily one of the most popular series in comic Cune right now. To the point where they had Tamamusi do the cover for their Yuri Drill anthology, which featured a large number of their artists, and even released it on the same day as the most recent volume of Amnesia. As well as advertising them together pretty heavily. They clearly expected Amnesia's popularity would help it sell.

I don't know what other Cune series could be selling so much better as to just call Amnesia's sales "okay".

You're effectively arguing this like it's supposed to be a given that there's multiple series in Cune that are selling "absurdly" well. Cune hasn't had any genuinely big sellers yet.

Yuri Drill originated as Tamamusi's idea, so of course they let her do the cover and it got promoted with her series.

What Tamamusi said of Cheerful Amnesia sales after vol 3's release:
https://twitter.com/tama_64/status/982750413735706624

明るい記憶喪失の方も好調だそうで一安心です^^

So good enough for peace of mind for now.

No, I'm arguing that compared to other series in Cune, it is selling extremely well, and because of that, it isn't in any danger of ending.

Though I think you're reading too much into that tweet. It's not meant to be a literal claim about sales figures. Most manga artists, even extremely popular ones, get nervous about sales figures when a new volume releases.

Compared to the actual ad for volume 3 that was printed in last month's Cune, which calls it "1、2巻が発売後即大量重版中の話題作"

Which is much closer to an actual material statement on how good its sales are.

So I stand by the statement that by Cune standards it's doing absurdly well, and thus Cune's not going to cancel it anytime soon.

moguTL
New Game discussion 17 Apr 08:46
joined May 23, 2015

She's shown at her computer desk with a tablet in front of it multiple times, but environments and scenery as a whole has not been featured at all. We haven't even seen anyone else on the team, outside of Rin before her promotion. Just like we haven't seen anyone else on the animation team but Hajime, or anyone in project planning except Hazuki (and Hajime).

There's still lots of other places in the company for the story to explore and lots more people for Aoba to make friends with.

joined May 23, 2015

With how absurdly popular the series is, I doubt it will end anytime soon.

It's apparently selling okay, but not "absurdly".

It's easily one of the most popular series in comic Cune right now. To the point where they had Tamamusi do the cover for their Yuri Drill anthology, which featured a large number of their artists, and even released it on the same day as the most recent volume of Amnesia. As well as advertising them together pretty heavily. They clearly expected Amnesia's popularity would help it sell.

I don't know what other Cune series could be selling so much better as to just call Amnesia's sales "okay".

moguTL
New Game discussion 16 Apr 01:41
joined May 23, 2015

I like where this is going!! and I didn't know Rin was an artist too.

Uh, she was head of the art team for the first two volumes before Kou took over. She just did environment and scenery art, not characters.