Forum › Posts by Tiger

Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

Oh come on, if someone is sleeping with someone new every single night then that's just not healthy, mentally or physically and doesn't bode well for future relationships. I mean it's one thing to tell someone not to date around or have sex before marriage but going to the other extreme and saying that going orgy crazy every day is is perfectly healthy is not any better. Live your life the way you want to live it, no one should have the ability to force you to do otherwise, but don't act like it should be perfectly acceptable and free of judgement. A lot of people live unhealthy life styles and they are happy about it, doesn't mean that they can't be judged or told that their life style is unhealthy as long as it is done in a reasonable fashion. People can be slutty, fat, unhygienic, arrogant, ignorant, drug addicted, or just a slob in general if they want to but it's also fine for others to point that out.

In regards to this manga, if this girl is sleeping around it most likely means that there is something wrong with her or her home environment. She probably has some kind of trouble in her life that made her think that sex is all that is needed for love and doesn't understand why she keeps getting dumped. The guys are probably just dating her because she just gives it away and dumps her because they see no more use for her. If she stopped sleeping around and maybe stayed single for a while then she might be able to figure out what she is doing wrong.

Hm i wonder
Is it really such a bad thing as people claim?
Why is it that I really don't hear men get told the same thing? I don't hear promiscuous men being called sluts, being told that their lifestyle isn't healthy, that they should respect themselves more, that they're easy, that they're throwing themselves to just anyone, that they sleep around. I don't hear them get mocked and degraded but rather glorified? Praised? They hold pride in it and feel desirable, it's something to brag about.
But women, women no. Promiscuity is shameful and repressed. Don't do it. If you did, don't talk about it, don't let it get around, don't let others know, keep it to yourself or others will look down on you.
If it's a behaviour people really find deplorable, shouldn't men be told the same thing, shamed the same way? If it's found acceptable for men, perhaps it's not about the behaviour itself in the first place, but the mentality and expectations ppl have for women.
("players" don't get frowned on for sleeping around either, they get judged for "breaking hearts", and leading ppl on, not the same kind of "judgement".)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I recall reading studies that women develop emotional attachment after orgasm due to a massive release of chemicals to their brains. Men do not get nearly so much of this particular chemical so having sex with whomever whenever does not mess them up as much, because they do not feel attached to their partners purely on the basis of sex (so if they didn't know the girl that well, if at all, they will not suddenly feel attached to her, but a woman probably will).

I doubt that the behavior you're referring to is taking this into account, but I DO believe the person you're replying to and trying to refute is taking this effect into account and your reply does not make sense in this context. You're changing the subject, probably unintentionally. Some women do seem to sleep around with minimal repercussions, but in general most women's biology will make this practice unhealthy and there seemingly being exceptions won't make it healthy for everyone.

TLDR: That particular post appears to be referring to Biology, not Social Norms.

last edited at Jun 6, 2017 12:57PM

Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

Looks like an Amnesia Time-Skip. She's still Rinko as she was just addressed as such, but it seems that that isn't A-Chan and instead it is someone named Koharu.

And they don't seem to be dating based on the atmosphere.

last edited at Jun 3, 2017 4:13PM

Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

I'm interested in if being in Galette lets it take a different path than what these kinds of stories normally take. I hope so. The art style is so cute it'd make for a great cute story.

Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

Does anyone know what the long hiatus was for? I refer to the actual author/series hiatus, not translators (obviously they can't translate if there wasn't new material.)

Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

Isn't Ayaka exactly the same?

Ayaka would be if Ayaka gave up entirely on her goals of at least trying to excel. At the moment, no, Ayaka's not empty, although when she speaks to her mother she sure feels like it. She has Mizuki as her roommate that she interacts with and really cares about, and I think she at least enjoys studying somewhat, helps out with various clubs and seems to enjoy doing so, and she doesn't live with her mother so she can ignore a bit.

Yurine and Sumire's relationship is shown to be a bit rocky nowadays (probably because of their age-gap) and while Yurine liking Ayaka certainly IS something she's passionate about, and certainly life is not complete without great people in it, Yurine is super bored and depressed about it. She can't just glue herself to Ayaka as a substitute for real hobbies, and Yurine admits she hates everything she tried (Ayaka never says she hates all the clubs she helps).

This probably got garbled, but the bottom line is that Ayaka and Yurine have some subtle differences about how they interact with and think about the world around them that really sets them apart from each other.

Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

I am suspecting this isn't the last of Kase using "Yui". I bet she'll use it whenever she's trying to get Yamada in bed.

Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

I actually prefer unchanged SFX with notes for them on what they mean if they're important. I didn't know that that was considered amateurish?

Tiger
Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

Tsk... you can't change someone. Anyone who has been in a relationship knows that.

They change on their own, over time, little by little. It may be because you're at their side, or you can accompany them, but they don't change because they saw the light.

It's only in manga that people change just because of a pep-talk.

I wouldn't call it Yuu changing Touko so much as giving her a nudge to get Touko to...well that's the tricky part. What is Yuu's nudge intended to do?

Usually when people intend to change their significant other they have a person in mind whom they intend them to become more like, but the person who is currently going down that path isn't Yuu, it's Touko self imposing it on herself.

So in a way Yuu isn't trying to change Touko, or not change Touko, she's somewhere in this neutral ground of, "just quit forcing the direction of your development". Which shows through in the play where Touko's character feels like they MUST choose a direction/mask to become.

last edited at May 4, 2017 7:27PM

Tiger
Kase-san discussion 04 May 11:57
Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

I was hoping part of the reason we got a new series was so that the author could make things more sexy but judging from this first chapter maybe not. :[

Tiger
Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

Sayaka vs. Yuu is going to explode one of these days.

Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

^^ You make it sound like you'd be happy to see her cry. XD

Hmm… Does the request form work for uploading single images? I'd like to have the character chart on the series' page if possible…

Well, if getting Ayaka to act more loving towards Yurine only happens when she's crying....get us some onions they need it.

Tiger
Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

I do think Touko would still probably take the lead in some areas like being more sexually aggressive and initiating more physical contact and just trying get Yuu to do things in general.

Yeah, this was what I meant. Touko is too horny to be the bottom. Unless coming to term with herself somehow makes her less horny, I don't see Yuu topping her.

I could see Touko asking for Yuu to top her or making enough hints that Yuu gets the message, but as far as Yuu coming on to Touko as entirely Yuu's idea? I am not seeing it yet, it is always motivated in my mind by something Touko does. Even in this most recently chapter Yuu inviting Touko to her house seems to be Yuu's own version of this that she wants more of Touko's affection/worried and doesn't seem to be motivated by any real top tendencies. Of course this could change if we actually get it translated, but I think a transformation where Yuu becomes more assertive, while it may be on the horizon, isn't happening just yet (in this chapter), but maybe very soon.

On Touko's end however she cuddles with Yuu with her head on Yuu's chest/lap despite the fact that Yuu is clearly shorter than her, and in the "reward" for waiting for Sport's Day scene Touko clearly desires to have Yuu be more aggressive and initiate things despite this not going along with her supposed desire for Yuu to not love her.

So in an ideal world where they're dating in college and sleeping together a lot, it would probably alternate. Getting to that point where it is more equal might be used as a more visual symbol of the changing relationship balance.

last edited at May 3, 2017 12:25PM

Tiger
Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

^ Y'know, I always see Yuu as the bottom. I mean, I love it when she teases the heck out of Touko (when will we get to see more of this again? ; . ;), but I don't see her topping Touko. Could be wrong. Tho I wouldn't mind being wrong...

I feel like even as a bottom Touko would be really assertive with how horny she is. Not sure if that even counts as a bottom at that point.

Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

Edit: The French chap is up. Mostly a Yurine chapter. Where she cries.

I liked whatever happened. I only google translated the stuff around the kiss and crying so I'm not entirely sure, but that one panel after the kiss looks like Yurine gets this brilliant idea to fill the void with make-outs. lol.

Tiger
Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

Noooooooooooooo ... So Yuu is Uke............. (╮°-°)╮┳━━┳ ( ╯°□°)╯ ┻━━┻

Well she kind of has to be. I mean, it'd be a dead giveaway to Touko if Yuu became more assertive and demanding, no?

Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

So far, Amane, Ryou, and Nina's story was my favourite. The main couple has almost been screwing around too long for me to really care at this point.

I have long suspected that when Yurine and Ayaka stop "screwing around" the series is going to end, so you'd better hope they keep at it.

Tiger
Kase-san discussion 27 Apr 21:50
Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

Okay,so remember how we were getting mixed messages about whether Kase-san was continuing or had reached its final chapter?
Turns out they're both right in the most delightful way, as they've just announced "Yamada to Kase-san" (that's a proper series title and not just a chapter name) will be launching on Friday!
https://twitter.com/Wings_Official/status/857077095423369218

YEAAAAHHHHHH! I guess with the new series we don't have to worry that is it "ending soon" anymore because hopefully the sequel runs a good amount of time.

Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

I don't know what manga it's from, but I want to read it. >.>

Canno wants to conquer all the fringe genres. First poly, now furry.

Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

I have a bad feeling that Anna is going to cheat with that girl she keeps looking at.

Like what Akira_YL said, They've been together for 12 year's. I highly doubt she would cheat on Saki with some girl
that she's just met. That would make absolutely zero sense.

For this type of story, yes it would make no sense, for real life...well that has happened before, but for this story, no judging by the title there will be marriage to current girlfriend and not a new girlfriend.

last edited at Apr 23, 2017 2:20AM

Tiger
Kase-san discussion 22 Apr 04:15
Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

Hahahhaa you guys are so funny. xD I didn't imagine my question would take such a turn but it was great.

Has Kase's height ever been explicitly stated? I keep thinking she's "tall" in a western sense but then I remember this is Japan.

It is really hard to tell Asian women's height in manga especially if you are a westerner. For instance look at Hori in Horimiya. In the manga she actually looks like she is rather tall like around 5'6 but she is actually only 5'3. There is a trend to have the MC girl in a romance be short especially if they are on the shy side and Yamada seems fit in this stereotype. So I'd guess Kase is around 5'7-5'8 as I think she stands around as tall as a lot of the boys in the series.

Thank you for your more serious reply confirming my suspicions.

Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

I wonder what'll happen if Kodama & Canno teamed up to write a manga. Probably something like jumping between 8 pairings that goes through angsty and edgy problems with no satisfying conclusions.

Oh no, Cider and Crybaby made me so uncomfortable. They would create stories straight from hell.

Tiger
Kase-san discussion 16 Apr 20:57
Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

Has Kase's height ever been explicitly stated? I keep thinking she's "tall" in a western sense but then I remember this is Japan.

Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

Waiting for Mizuki to graduate and Yurine to somehow be Ayaka's roommate in their 3rd year.

Tiger
Yuru Yuri discussion 13 Apr 02:16
Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

Well that was an amazing chapter. Didn't hurt that it had Himawari and Sakurako in it though, my favorites.

Tiger
Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

Don't do it! Not because you shouldn't read straight romance, just that Harlequins (and actually, most mass-market Western romance) are crap. Read some straight Josei or shoujo manga or something instead.

Well I didn't. I actually went and looked for some lesbian stuff but that ended up being trash for a different reason.

A few years ago I read several straight romances and although I don't think any of the were published by Harlequin they varied widely in quality.

The worst one was a bestseller by Sherrilyn Kenyon (and I had no idea who she was at the time) where it couldn't stop telling me what an independent woman the female "lead" was and her sleeping with the male lead in less than 24 hours of meeting him (first time too) and "something something true love". It had been disguised as a hard-cover adventure novel in the sci-fi section but was far worse than any of the paper backs.

But several of the paperbacks I had picked out were quite decent even if they did include loads of money and decadent settings. Of course, I waded through a lot of back cover blurbs before settling on stories that were actually interesting so I supppose a finding a few gems for my efforts isn't that unusual.