Forum › Posts by gongnongjie

joined Jan 11, 2015

well....i'm not the only one waiting for 10th chapter

gongnongjie
joined Jan 11, 2015

oh nice nice,i'm almost killed

joined Jan 11, 2015

It would be fun to read this English-translated manhua even though I'm Chinese,I'd say.

gongnongjie
Their Story discussion 12 May 10:25
joined Jan 11, 2015

yes,people can upload manhua-makers' works to the Internetwork without permission and will not be punished by the government,manhua-makers' can only attain money by publishing it,while most people prefer to read it online,which manhua-makers cannot gain any money.by the way,it's already 11:20pm here and i feel very sleepy,i'll give you reply tomorrow if you wanna ask more.

How naive I was....now I think the truth is not that simple.

gongnongjie
joined Jan 11, 2015

Haha,interesting and lewd start

gongnongjie
joined Jan 11, 2015

Nice art

gongnongjie
Sakuhima! discussion 08 May 08:09
joined Jan 11, 2015

Love the art

gongnongjie
joined Jan 11, 2015

I've read the Chinese-translated version before,it's fun to read this one.

joined Jan 11, 2015

I'd like to join a scanlation group but Chinese is the only language I'm good at,I know nothing about Japanese*sigh*

gongnongjie
Their Story discussion 07 May 11:21
joined Jan 11, 2015

Nya-Chan

Erm... there's absolutely no political statement in "Their Story". I doubt they'd go to the extent of censoring this. Except if the author was starting to get international recognition (like being invited to cons, or something), then they may start to look into it.

Really, there's next to no emphasis on this happening in China. There's not even a hint of criticism of anything : there's no homophobia mentionned at all. It's pure romance/comedy.

There doesn't need to be a political excuse for the government to enact censorship. "Homosexuals corrupt the minds of the people! Get rid of it!" That is all that is needed and poof! "Their Story" is gone or hard to find.

gongnongjie

snip
You do realize the Chinese government tries to strictly control its people and actively deletes dissidence on the web or anything that could be perceived as a criticism of the government or anything that could, "upset the balance," yes?? Like, gongnongjie said, I'm amazed that this has been allowed since its frowned upon by both the people and government. That's why I'm wondering if the author is based in Hong Kong where China's government is mostly hands off (though that seems to be changing soon =/ ).

well,you've got the part right.let me make it all clear:yuri manhua is rare because it has few economic benifits if you are not very good at manhua-making(there are not many yuri fans,only few people can accept and enjoy it.and due to the unreasonable privacy law,pirates are accepted in China,which badly damages manhua-maker's spiritand economic benifits and hence there are not very many original manhuas,and yuri manhuas are rarer and precious.(i'm not good at English,but i do hope you guys have got what i'm trying to explain:))

I got the gist of it mate, no worries :) I also had my suspicions about pirates and raws coming from China. Also, years ago I came across a news report that said China is trying to crack Japan's anime and manga influence by trying to create their own similar industry to compete and take over Japan's.

Can you explain this privacy law a little more? Aaaand maybe how it affects manhuas.

yes,people can upload manhua-makers' works to the Internetwork without permission and will not be punished by the government,manhua-makers' can only attain money by publishing it,while most people prefer to read it online,which manhua-makers cannot gain any money.by the way,it's already 11:20pm here and i feel very sleepy,i'll give you reply tomorrow if you wanna ask more.

gongnongjie
Their Story discussion 07 May 10:36
joined Jan 11, 2015

gongnongjie

it's rare to see this since homosexuality is unacceptable for most people in China.

I don't remember but is the author located in Hong Kong? I tend to hear that Hong Kong is more open minded/progressive/liberal than mainland/rest of China is. (Could be wrong.) So this could be why this story hasn't been locked down yet...???

Nya-chan

It's fiction. If you don't accept it, you just don't read it.

It's not the same as having it shoved in your face in the streets.

You do realize the Chinese government tries to strictly control its people and actively deletes dissidence on the web or anything that could be perceived as a criticism of the government or anything that could, "upset the balance," yes?? Like, gongnongjie said, I'm amazed that this has been allowed since its frowned upon by both the people and government. That's why I'm wondering if the author is based in Hong Kong where China's government is mostly hands off (though that seems to be changing soon =/ ).

well,you've got the part right.let me make it all clear:yuri manhua is rare because it has few economic benifits if you are not very good at manhua-making(there are not many yuri fans,only few people can accept and enjoy it.and due to the unreasonable privacy law,pirates are accepted in China,which badly damages manhua-maker's spiritand economic benifits and hence there are not very many original manhuas,and yuri manhuas are rarer and precious.(i'm not good at English,but i do hope you guys have got what i'm trying to explain:))

last edited at May 7, 2015 10:46AM

gongnongjie
Their Story discussion 07 May 10:14
joined Jan 11, 2015

It's fiction. If you don't accept it, you just don't read it.

It's not the same as having it shoved in your face in the streets.

actually i love this one.i'm just amazed because i've never seen Chinese yuri manhua for it's damn rare and there are only few yuri manhua made in China

gongnongjie
Their Story discussion 07 May 06:10
joined Jan 11, 2015

it's rare to see this since homosexuality is unacceptable for most people in China.

gongnongjie
Their Story discussion 07 May 05:49
joined Jan 11, 2015

This manga(?), dont know how they call their manga in Chinese, is really good and funny. Also, i like the fact that the main girl likes girls and everyone seems really free and okay with it like it was nothing.

you can call it"漫画"(pronounced as manhua)

gongnongjie
Tanjiu discussion 05 May 13:31
joined Jan 11, 2015

Chinese author?Oh gotta see her works since I'm Chinese too

gongnongjie
joined Jan 11, 2015

"romance"tag suggested

joined Jan 11, 2015

You should just ask Papaya Scans if they need help with the series.

Apparently they have dropped this one.

You sure about that? Didn't find an announcement about that on their page and they just haven't released something in quite some time in general. I'd just ask and if they dropped it, they'll tell you so.

I'm not sure,it's just been a long time since latest release....I'll go and ask them

joined Jan 11, 2015

You should just ask Papaya Scans if they need help with the series.

Apparently they have dropped this one.

joined Jan 11, 2015

By the way,this one has already been translated into Chinese,I would like to translate the rest of the chapters into English if I get the permission....(Chinese is my mother tongue,if you ask)

joined Jan 11, 2015

Nice one but.....ONLY one chapter has been translated?

gongnongjie
looking for e-friends 28 Apr 13:42
joined Jan 11, 2015

Cautionary Nez Note

I'll leave it up to individual members whether they want to put their contact info on a public forum. Just be aware of your personal privacy and suchlike.

I didn't care much though....here is my e-mail address:liuyu19980816@126.com.I'm really longing for a English friend,just mail to me if you are interested,and I'm sorry for my big mistake.Putting contact info on a public forum in order to make e-friends in China is now very common but it doesn't seem to work in other countries,I presume.

I'm working now, but later I'll contact you then.

So neat!But it's 1:41am now I have to go to sleep,I'll give you a reply in two days.

gongnongjie
looking for e-friends 28 Apr 13:35
joined Jan 11, 2015

Cautionary Nez Note

I'll leave it up to individual members whether they want to put their contact info on a public forum. Just be aware of your personal privacy and suchlike.

I didn't care much though....here is my e-mail address:liuyu19980816@126.com.I'm really longing for a English friend,just mail to me if you are interested,and I'm sorry for my big mistake.Putting contact info on a public forum in order to make e-friends in China is now very common but it doesn't seem to work in other countries,I presume.

gongnongjie
looking for e-friends 28 Apr 13:02
joined Jan 11, 2015

Well.....I'm a big fan of Yuri artworks,and Dynasty Reader is a pretty good website that satisfies all my demands.As I'm trying hard to learn English(I'm not a native English speaker but Chinese),I do want to make a friend who's a big fan of Yuri artworks just like me.We can talk about Yuri artworks,life,culture(I can teach you Chinese as well) or something like that.Guys if you are interested please leave your contact info.(By the way,twitter,facebook are banned in China)

last edited at Apr 28, 2015 1:02PM

joined Jan 11, 2015

No idea why the hakurei miko appears in it

Now that you mention it, why did Reimu's mom there?

That is explained in this untranslated book http://exhentai.org/g/713464/0c8a116b8c/ (regardless of the site, is SFW)
can someone translate it?

Due to the "great" work GFW(Great Fire Wall),I'm not able to access this site.Thanks to the unfree speech policy,the Chinese government!

last edited at Apr 28, 2015 1:05PM

joined Jan 11, 2015

As a native Chinese speaker,I would say that 相隔的彼端 is not archaic but a written language.The word "相隔的" is an adjective which means "separated" or or "apart" or "divided",the word "彼端" is a noun which means "the other side of something".In my opinion,"相隔的彼端" can be translated into "the other side of something separated"

In fact I'm not very good at English and English expression is damn undesirable for me,well,I hope you guys have got the point.